Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1688-1691

Speaking of the QR code to give feedback during your stay, I used it for the first time this trip regarding a room issue. An on duty manager called me within a few hours and followed up again later on. I was really impressed by this feature and the follow-up.

I also used the MDE app chat feature to request towels and an extra trash pick up and it worked like a charm. That’s a really handy feature.

I will add these two options to the info I have about how to make requests during a stay and to pass along feedback

:thumbsup2

Going to post a few various/random resort pics from our stay. Happy to answer any questions!

Awesome!!!

I assume that it is ok for me to use these photos where they will be helpful...

What was your room number? I'll add the view pictures to the YC view thread.

Is this the entrance to SAB?

picture

Absolutely LOVED the new 'seated' inner-tubes! Made getting in and out of them less of a practice in public humiliation! :beach:

Do you, or does anyone, have a picture of these new tubes?

:magnify:

Two quick questions- do YC rooms have a microwave(I am thinking no?) and will they replenish coffee regularly (daily)? Thanks!

As others have indicated, a microwave can be requested, or at least could be requested prior to the coronavirus pandemic.

You may certainly request additional coffee by calling housekeeping or leaving a note if you need more than supplied.

:goodvibes

Was thinking about heading down for three nights at the Yacht next month when my child is on Fall break and just do the resort area and SAB. No park visits at all. Maybe a trip to Disney Springs one day. I don't know. I got a 35% off pin code so that is nice and I the Yacht is my #1 resort. I will run it by her and see if she wants to go.

:welcome: back!

Let us know if you decide on a stay in October.

:cool1:

Do all the rooms sleep 5?

No. Not all rooms have a daybed. I am not really sure what the percentage of rooms that do have one. If you are a family of 5 you will have priority to receive a room with a daybed. If you have fewer people than that, but would like a room with a daybed, you should make that one of, or your only, room request.

:thumbsup2

I don't have your trip on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Is your stay here at BCV?

Nope! It’s at Yacht Club!! I’m stoked! I booked it with the Passholder discount! Didn’t know they allowed dogs in the resort, though, so I have to go and hope I don’t have a reaction, I’m severely allergic. 🤪

Just changed our CBR reservation to YC for our stay in mid-October - DD9 and I are so excited! I decided I didn't want to deal with the Skyliner from CBR, plus my daughter has been wanting to swim in SAB, so YC seemed like a good option for us.

The Skyliner is fun but as a reliable mode of transportation I feel like it would stress me out. This was our first stay at YC and we loved being able to walk to the 2 parks and just take the Skyliner for fun 😜

The Skyliner is fun but as a reliable mode of transportation I feel like it would stress me out. This was our first stay at YC and we loved being able to walk to the 2 parks and just take the Skyliner for fun 😜
The issue I have with the Skyliner during COVID times is the longer lines/waits at CBR and the parks. It was fun the first couple of times I rode it, but honestly, I could take it or leave it. I like the idea of being able to walk to our 2 favorite parks and not have to wait for transportation. :-)

I thought I might have even 'accidentally' caught them in a picture, but I went back and checked. I did not. So sorry. BUT...if you can imagine...They are blue. They are 3/4 around how a regular tube would be and where the hole is in a regular inner tube, there is a glorious SEAT! You just sit down right into it and hold on to the same handles a regular inner tube has. When it's time to leave (always sad) you just stand up. No hoisting or rolling or any other style you would use to get out of a regular inner tube. Best invention since ice cream (at least in my world)!

Attachments

• fuyjPQj8T%enwoJU1hkDug.jpg
    fuyjPQj8T%enwoJU1hkDug.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 21
Page 1691

I have a question about Beaches & Cream. If I *only* want to get ice cream/dessert, is it frowned upon to have an ADR? Should I just use the take-out window?

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

There are limited ADRs for this dining location and it tends to be very popular, but YOU are the guest, so if you just want to go for ice cream and experience the ambiance of Beaches & Cream, that is your right. Tip well to take care of your server, and enjoy!

🍨

Nope! It’s at Yacht Club!! I’m stoked! I booked it with the Passholder discount! Didn’t know they allowed dogs in the resort, though, so I have to go and hope I don’t have a reaction, I’m severely allergic. 🤪

Got it!

A few days before your trip, call to explain your allergy and request a VIP cleaning for the room where you will be staying.

::yes::

Just changed our CBR reservation to YC for our stay in mid-October - DD9 and I are so excited! I decided I didn't want to deal with the Skyliner from CBR, plus my daughter has been wanting to swim in SAB, so YC seemed like a good option for us.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I thought I might have even 'accidentally' caught them in a picture, but I went back and checked. I did not. So sorry. BUT...if you can imagine...They are blue. They are 3/4 around how a regular tube would be and where the hole is in a regular inner tube, there is a glorious SEAT! You just sit down right into it and hold on to the same handles a regular inner tube has. When it's time to leave (always sad) you just stand up. No hoisting or rolling or any other style you would use to get out of a regular inner tube. Best invention since ice cream (at least in my world)!

Thanks for checking!

:cool2:

Maybe a room request of the first or second floor would be good so we wouldn't have to deal with the elevators?
I never had any issues with elevators at all. Only twice did I ever even see anyone getting on or off when I was trying to get on or off, and never waited more than probably 30 seconds for an elevator. I saw them get cleaned several times, and there are hand sanitizers around I usually used (if I didn't have my own with me) when I got off after pushing the button. Of course probably not really necessary, but doesn't hurt. I wouldn't worry about what floor I'm on at YC.

Maybe a room request of the first or second floor would be good so we wouldn't have to deal with the elevators?
Some of our best rooms have been requested as 'low floor near lobby'. I would think that this is not a popular request but it makes things very convenient.

Today's the day! We are getting ready to leave for our drive down now, and I just wanted to thank everyone here for all the help in planning for our YC stay! I'll be sure to post a full review when we return.

Wishing you a safe drive and a magical trip!

::MickeyMo

Speaking of the QR code to give feedback during your stay, I used it for the first time this trip regarding a room issue. An on duty manager called me within a few hours and followed up again later on. I was really impressed by this feature and the follow-up.

I also used the MDE app chat feature to request towels and an extra trash pick up and it worked like a charm. That’s a really handy feature.

I am trying to write up something about the ways for guests to give feedback or request service during their stays. Regarding the QR code- I believe you said something shows up on the TV Resort Channel. Does the QR code also appear on a welcome letter in the rooms or is it available elsewhere, like on posters in different resort locations?

:thanks:

That's just coincidence. You can receive a text anywhere 😀
Well, over 13 trips in 2 years I always get a text once I get in a certain range on my phone, either on DME or my car, we’re driving down the same stretch and there it pops up on my screen. Two weeks ago it popped up right before I drove under the sign. Every single time.

Well, over 13 trips in 2 years I always get a text once I get in a certain range on my phone, either on DME or my car, we’re driving down the same stretch and there it pops up on my screen. Two weeks ago it popped up right before I drove under the sign. Every single time.
They're spying on you!

My opinion is your text timing may be influenced by what time your said you’d arrive when you did online check in. I have had experiences that contradict that statement, but many that support it. As always, YMMV!

They're spying on you!
Oh, probably lol 😂, I’m sure they’re just as bored as the FBI agents listening to my Google Home. I just always know to look at my phone to check on status. My DD9 is always like “have you looked at your phone yet?” And I’m like “oh no, you’re right, let me do that” lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter