Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was sad to see that for hurricane Hanna’s it said that they would only have the bar menu.

There are supposed to be grab n go options, no idea what that really encompasses though. I just looked at the menu but it clearly hasn't been updated because it is including the QS menu.
The refill station won't be open either, refills only from the bartender so limited in scope to what they have with the handheld soda dispenser (coke, diet, sprite, etc)

I don't know if anyone posted the Martha's Vineyard menu but they have a lot more to offer right now than the usual app plates. No idea if that menu will continue once the YC opens but I hope so. They are serving burgers, a hot chicken sandwich, a huge pretzel with dipping sides, lots of great options. And they serve until 10pm which is later than most places have been open at the resorts.

Is there a way to exit YC rooms if you are staying on the far end of the hotel (closest to the Swan and Dolphin) and don't want to go through the lobby? We want to minimize the length of our walk to HS in the morning bc we will have a stroller.

Attachments

• 20200819_080321.jpg
    20200819_080321.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 11
any news on the friendship boats ?
On the site, it specifically mentioned the Skyliner for HS and made no mention of the boats at all, so it seems that they are not running at all (for now at least). I guess w/out BC and BWI they are not going to bother. 😕

Is there a way to exit YC rooms if you are staying on the far end of the hotel (closest to the Swan and Dolphin) and don't want to go through the lobby? We want to minimize the length of our walk to HS in the morning bc we will have a stroller.
There are fire exit doors at the ends of the building closest to the lagoon. They are very handy and we have used them more often than the lobby doors when going to HS or Epcot. :)

This comes up occasionaly and a few pages back @natebenma posted a couple of pictures and details from another DIS member that shared their info.

Sort of depending on where your room is located within the YC. Just follow the signs to room 1065 as the Fire exit door is near there and no it is not alarmed. You can also reenter this door when you return from HS. It is locked overnight but your MB should will allow you access if everything is working.

Again it may not be as convenient as you want depending on where in the YC your room is as the interior hallways are quite long but the A/C is nice this time of year.

Dave

So, the Canada-US border is now closed through September 21 at the very least, meaning our September trip is fubar-ed.

Rebooked for a few weeks later, in a fit of “I need SAB” optimism, so Dee, if you could update me on the BOG list when you have a chance that would be great...but use pencil, ‘cause that’s the way 2020 seems to be going. :-(

Our currently booked (please let one of them actually happen) trips are:
- Oct 8-12, YC GV
- Nov 13-18, YC GV
- Dec 11-15, Poly SV (originally WL, may swap to YC if Oct/Nov fall thru)
- Jan 29-Feb 2, YC GV

If/when October gets cancelled, that’ll move to early March, I guess. We keep shifting dates, hoping that eventually the border will reopen and then we can travel again. And, at least I can dream, making park passes and ADRs, keeping myself from going completely stir crazy.

Sigh.

This comes up occasionaly and a few pages back @natebenma posted a couple of pictures and details from another DIS member that shared their info.

Sort of depending on where your room is located within the YC. Just follow the signs to room 1065 as the Fire exit door is near there and no it is not alarmed. You can also reenter this door when you return from HS. It is locked overnight but your MB should will allow you access if everything is working.

Again it may not be as convenient as you want depending on where in the YC your room is as the interior hallways are quite long but the A/C is nice this time of year.

Dave
And from what I've seen in photos, it seems to me that most, if not all, the fire doors/secret door have steps outside - not accessible ramps? If this isn't correct, please let me know, as we'll have 1 or more scooters in our party and depending on where our room is, it might be faster to use those exit doors, rather than going all the way back to the lobby entrance.

And from what I've seen in photos, it seems to me that most, if not all, the fire doors/secret door have steps outside - not accessible ramps? If this isn't correct, please let me know, as we'll have 1 or more scooters in our party and depending on where our room is, it might be faster to use those exit doors, rather than going all the way back to the lobby entrance.
It has 2 sets of steps..

I’m actually staying right now at Copper Creek Villas and wanted to post something I hadn’t seen mention anywhere in recent trip reports since the reopening. The showers at the restrooms at the pool here are closed for safety reasons. I have to believe this is WDW resort wide. I mention this as those who plan to fly might be counting on them on travel days with SAB opening back up. It might be worth a question to someone staying at YC or BCVs once SAB is open.

Looks like they are getting ready to launch reservations for Ale & Compass, now you can put times/dates in the reservation section, but nothing is showing available as of yet, at least not for October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter