Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

MMSM

Mouseketeer
Me either. I was surprised with the response too. I asked after being concerned at seeing posts about 2021 reservations being changed all the way through August. Our June 2021 hasn't been changed yet.
People had Disney call them with August 2021 reservations for BC?

adie_9

Earning My Ears
People had Disney call them with August 2021 reservations for BC?
I saw some posts on another thread about reservation moves/changes that discussed people being moved from BC between January 2021 and August 2021- it didn't seem consistent. Which prompted me to start asking my TA questions.

adie_9

Earning My Ears
I saw a couple posts about 2021 BC reservations being changed on this thread: So, anyone's resort being changed for 2021 already?

• Ninja Mom

Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...
    So it looks like you have to put down one side of the stick-on velcro, right on the wood. I guess I would be afraid of it pulling up the paint taking it off. I think I would be reluctant to use something like this as it may cause damage.
    I've had good luck with mounting putty. It is easily removed without damage. I've not used it at Disney hotels so I can't vouch for the surfaces there, but I can't imagine that they would be different from the surfaces at home.

~NM

JFDIS

Mouseketeer
    I have a YC stay in September And we will have our car. On arrival day we are doing HS. Should we park at the YC and take the Skyliner or walk to HS? Would it be better to just drive ourselves to the park? Is parking at HS a pain In the am if you’re trying to get a RoR bp?

PCFriar80

DIS Veteran
    I have a YC stay in September And we will have our car. On arrival day we are doing HS. Should we park at the YC and take the Skyliner or walk to HS? Would it be better to just drive ourselves to the park? Is parking at HS a pain In the am if you’re trying to get a RoR bp?
    I think a good arrival day activity would be to travel via the Skyliner to HS. A little walk from YC to IG
    Skyliner station and then you get to sit back, relax and enjoy the sights on your travels to HS via
    CB resort. If not the Skyliner then I would walk.

Dave006

DIS Veteran
    Since you want to score BG at RoTR.

It really depends on when you arrive. If you want to drive you need to hit the HS tollbooths about 9:01. They open between 8:55 and 9:10 most morning and if you arrive too early you have to circle back around. This will give you plenty of time to park, get through security, maybe ride MMRR. Just be stationary right at 10 AM with a good cellular signal to join a BG.

If you get to the area early then you could check-in at YC, park there and walk over to HS. It is about 9/10s of a mile and can be quite hot some morning but you have more control of when you arrive at the security checkpoint at HS. You could also drive from the YC if you want allowing for the timing mentioned above.

The skyliner will actually take the most time since you have to walk to the International Gateway skyliner station, wait for it to open at about 9 AM, ride to CBR and change skyliner lines and get to HS.

Dave

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    It is approximately a 20 minute walk to HS from the YC and the best way to get to the park without delays. The Skyliner might not start running in time for you to get to HS at park opening if there are long lines or delays. We always walk to HS if we are trying to get there by park open. :)

shoegal9

Living my best DVC lyfe
    What time are the walkers allowed through security and into the park?
    I stayed at Boardwalk a couple weeks ago. We walked over and were in line around 9:05 am. They let us through security/temp checks around 9:15, before the parking lots even OPENED and no one had yet arrived on the Skyliner. We were like the 8th party in the park, 5th in line for MMRR, and off the ride by 9:45. We were on Slinky Dog Dash when the clock struck 10 and grabbed boarding group #3.

If you're at any of the Crescent Lake hotels I would recommend walking if you are trying to be in early and snag a boarding group.

jsmla

DIS Veteran
    I stayed at Boardwalk a couple weeks ago. We walked over and were in line around 9:05 am. They let us through security/temp checks around 9:15, before the parking lots even OPENED and no one had yet arrived on the Skyliner. We were like the 8th party in the park, 5th in line for MMRR, and off the ride by 9:45. We were on Slinky Dog Dash when the clock struck 10 and grabbed boarding group #3.

If you're at any of the Crescent Lake hotels I would recommend walking if you are trying to be in early and snag a boarding group.
    Thanks so much-that sounds great! I’m not going to try for RotR but would like to ride Slinky and Runaway Railway without a huge wait.

JFDIS

Mouseketeer
    Since you want to score BG at RoTR.

It really depends on when you arrive. If you want to drive you need to hit the HS tollbooths about 9:01. They open between 8:55 and 9:10 most morning and if you arrive too early you have to circle back around. This will give you plenty of time to park, get through security, maybe ride MMRR. Just be stationary right at 10 AM with a good cellular signal to join a BG.

If you get to the area early then you could check-in at YC, park there and walk over to HS. It is about 9/10s of a mile and can be quite hot some morning but you have more control of when you arrive at the security checkpoint at HS. You could also drive from the YC if you want allowing for the timing mentioned above.

The skyliner will actually take the most time since you have to walk to the International Gateway skyliner station, wait for it to open at about 9 AM, ride to CBR and change skyliner lines and get to HS.

Dave
    Thank you for the great info!

Stefne

Disney Dreamin'

Thank you so much for this info. We had been wondering what time we would be allowed in if we walked over as well.

MMSM

Mouseketeer
    I saw a couple posts about 2021 BC reservations being changed on this thread: So, anyone's resort being changed for 2021 already?
    I am so glad you wrote it like this after there has been people saying their 2021 reservation was cancelled. But now, no one has answered your question which leads me to believe CM that they have not cancelled 2021 BC reservations yet.

adie_9

Earning My Ears
    I am so glad you wrote it like this after there has been people saying their 2021 reservation was cancelled. But now, no one has answered your question which leads me to believe CM that they have not cancelled 2021 BC reservations yet.
    I hope they don't cancel them! We made that reservation bc we wanted to experience SAB and walk to the parks!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES