Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Well, Dee, you can add me to the “I just switched to YC” but kept the same dates. (Didn’t save any $ but I’m still set for handicapped accessible with rolli in shower for Pop.) I’m nervous of course, but when I mentioned BC was closed he got pretty depressed, so I called for the switch. I still may have to cancel- depends on how he is doing- but I sure hope not. Thanks!

The CM started looking at other resorts at Epcot, starting with YC and gave a price for a 1 bedroom at BCV and at BWV, same thing happened when we switched another reservation from BWI. On the BC reservation we initially went with BCV, but later switched to Riviera because we realized we just really wanted to try it (and it was only like 3 nights of our 8 night trip, so not a huge deal). For our BWV we chose YC because the price was actually cheaper, and since it's just DH and I we didn't need a villa (what was offered even though a studio would do). They never once looked at prices at resorts outside of the Epcot area.
So they were going to give you a one bedroom at BCV or BWI? I’m hoping they offer a one bedroom at BLT :)

Hi guys. We are booked at BCV for 2.5 weeks, starting 11/19.

If the hotel is still closed, does anyone know if the Marketplace or Beaches and Cream will remain open? Will the lobby remain open as usual just nobody occupying the rooms?

Also, do we expect to hear anything about SAB prior to YC reopening, or is it a wait and see?

Similarly, we are renting DVC points. If SAB remains closed will they move us to another resort upon request as they would for non DVC guests or are we stuck there?

Thank you!
We love BCV but with the park reservation system cutting out the ability to hop over to Epcot at night for a few hours (main reason we stay there), SAB still being closed is a deal breaker for us. If open, at least it would give the kids something to do in the evening with the early park closures.

If the hotel is still closed, does anyone know if the Marketplace or Beaches and Cream will remain open? Will the lobby remain open as usual just nobody occupying the rooms?

Also, do we expect to hear anything about SAB prior to YC reopening, or is it a wait and see?

Similarly, we are renting DVC points. If SAB remains closed will they move us to another resort upon request as they would for non DVC guests or are we stuck there?

Thank you!
We love BCV but with the park reservation system cutting out the ability to hop over to Epcot at night for a few hours (main reason we stay there), SAB still being closed is a deal breaker for us. If open, at least it would give the kids something to do in the evening with the early park closures.

Since the DVC side of BC is still open, I can't imagine why they would close either the Marketplace or Beaches and Cream. SAB is wait and see, as is Disney's way. I don't see them moving those that use DVC points unless there are extreme circumstances. DVC is a whole different ball game and they run on a totally different system that follow rules and laws. If there was an issue with the building they would move you, but something like a pool being closed is not really something that they would compensate for. But in this day and age, it does not hurt to ask.

Since the DVC side of BC is still open, I can't imagine why they would close either the Marketplace or Beaches and Cream. SAB is wait and see, as is Disney's way. I don't see them moving those that use DVC points unless there are extreme circumstances. DVC is a whole different ball game and they run on a totally different system that follow rules and laws. If there was an issue with the building they would move you, but something like a pool being closed is not really something that they would compensate for. But in this day and age, it does not hurt to ask.

Thank you! Seems at least they should refund a portion of the points required if they’re not offering full amenities but doubtful.

Thank you! Seems at least they should refund a portion of the points required if they’re not offering full amenities but doubtful.

Yeah, in a perfect world but I believe Disney, and all other hotel properties have wording that they can not guarantee amenities. How can they? Anything could happen like maintenance, or a breakdown, etc. Just like when you go to the parks and a ride or 2 are down, no one gets a partial refund.

So they were going to give you a one bedroom at BCV or BWI? I’m hoping they offer a one bedroom at BLT :)
Well, it's because of the room category and the availability at BCV vs. what we had booked at BC for part of Christmas week. There were no studios so they had no choice but to look at 1 bedrooms. I wouldn't count on getting an upgrade like that, but you never know! The CM told me the availability swings wildly every day between people cancelling and moving their rooms, so you really have no clue what you could get.

It’s not even been announced SAB will be open when YC opens ... if that’s on,y reason why you’re staying there, it’s probably best to book a backup resort now rather than be at the whim of resort prices at check-in

Yes both are open for the use of the BCV guests or there would be no food options available. The opening of the YC just provides more dining options.

We don't expect any update on SAB before YC opens on Aug. 24th. And if SAB remains closed, no you will not be able to request a move to another resort. You are renting "owner" points at the BCV so the points need to be used at the BCV resort.

Not sure why you think they would move non DVC guests. Disney has already announced the BCV guests may use the Clown feature pool at the BWV.

Dave

Thank you!
We love BCV but with the park reservation system cutting out the ability to hop over to Epcot at night for a few hours (main reason we stay there), SAB still being closed is a deal breaker for us.

I’m not sure who you are referring to when you ask if “they” will move you if SAB remains closed.

BCV has been open for awhile with SAB being closed, so I’m not sure why you think SAB being closed in the future would result in a move.

You said that you rented points. Who did you rent from? What does your contract say? You cannot call Disney to arrange a move if you rented points. Only the owner can make a change to the reservation, by contacting DVC Member Services or by using the Member website. Non-members cannot call Member Services or access the reservation portion of the Member website.

[QUOTE="Dave006, post: 62211279”]
We don't expect any update on SAB before YC opens on Aug. 24th.[/QUOTE]

Maybe nothing official but we should have idea from CM training and schedules ahead of time.

Last edited:
Page 1652-

Well I switched our Thanksgiving Week Beach Club stay to a 1 bedroom at the Riviera resort...I was able to do it online so no hold times. We really wanted to be at Beach Club but with no reopening date...Excited to try the new Resort out and praying we will be able to go at Thanksgiving.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Sorry that you aren't going to get to stay at the Beach Club this time, but we wish you a fabulous Thanksgiving trip!

:goodvibes

Ok, Dee...just a slight change to YC GV same dates, Nov. 1-5.

Got it!

:thumbsup2

Have to change the dates I'm staying at YC/BC since the announcement of the TBD opening of BC. No longer staying at BC on December 24-27, but due to BWI also not being open DH and I have now moved our anniversary trip (yet again) to YC November 21-28! Still staying at YC Aug. 28-31, and now I get to return again just months later so I can't complain about that. I spent so much time on the phone today moving all kinds of resorts around, and hopefully it gets to stay this way now *fingers crossed*

I'll make the adjustments to the dates of your trip on the Be Our Guest list.

::yes::

I didn't have a chance to call during the day when I got the email about BC being closed because work was way too busy. I just called when I got home and was only on hold like 5 minutes before a CM answered! He was super nice and was able to get us switched from BC GV to YC GV! Originally he said he could do standard view and it would be a little less but when I said we were really hoping for a nicer view like we had he said he'd see what he could do, and was able to get it for the same rate.
Just for those of you switching to note- the CM will have to send a message to guest services for them to change your amount due if it ends up being more than your original price, and this may take up to a week since there are so many people switching now.
We had a nice conversation too where he was explaining that they are not opening certain resorts to try to keep more distancing between guests- like YC, BC Villas, and BW Villas, but not the regular BC and BW, or Pop but not AoA. They don't need to have all f the resorts open due to the amount of cancelations they are getting too. It's just such a fluid situation that they are making the best decision as time goes on. He did also say that SAB is still scheduled to open on Aug. 24. Honestly, at this point I would be ok with the quiet pool though!
So Dee, if you have time, you can switch up back to YC GV for the same dates- thanks!

Thanks for sharing your experience and helpful info about the process for changing resorts.

I'll update the list.

:cool2:

We just returned from a week at BCV, went by SAB 4 times while going to Beaches & Cream. Nobody was visible in SAB, it was eerily empty and sad

We used the BCV pool and walked by the BC quiet Pool several times last week. Neither were crowded, but the BCV pool was used more and was where they did pool games etc. We only saw 1-2 people max in the BC pool

Hope you had a great trip. We appreciate hearing about what it was like while you were there.

That is not how DVC works. I would not count on SAB being open any time soon and if that is a deal breaker you are going to have to contact the person you rented points from and see if possible to move you to another resort. You have no other options as to being moved and the longer you wait the less chance there will even be another DVC resort open to move to. That's if your member you rented from is even wiling to consider it. A DVC booking is very different from booking with Disney.

Page 1653

I got an email from my travel agent around 1:40pm, letting me know that we had been moved by Disney to Yacht Club (with same view) for no additional cost. If I remember correctly, Yacht is usually $10-20 more a night than Beach. So I'm happy with that. Glad I use a travel agent!

I'm glad that you are happy with the switch and the process was painless in effort and cost for you!

We also were able to switch are Beach Club reservation to the Yacht Club for November 28th through December 5th. So when you're in making all your changes, Dee, could you please change us on the Be Our Guest list also. Thanks. 😁

Change noted!

Guest services told me yesterday that SAB will be open as of 8/24. They also said they are not allowing dogs when YC reopens. Those with pets will be directed to Fort Wilderness.

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

Thanks for sharing the information you were told.

Do you have an upcoming trip to YC or BCV?

:cool1:

Disappointing news about BC. Booked for our first ever stay there Dec 5th.

Debating whether to wait and see if BC does open in a few months or call and make the switch now before YC/Poly fills up.

Thoughts?

:welcome:

The advice you received to call right away while selection is greatest was smart and I see that you followed it and were able to get a room at the YC. If the BC does happen to open for the dates of your trip, you could always try to switch back if you want.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:woohoo:

Do rooms 4163 and 3163 at YC have full balconies?

Room 4163
Yacht Club Water View
Pre-renovation stay
Mickey T

Room 4163. Corner Room. We had booked a standard view but pretty sure we were upgraded to a water/gazebo view. It had a couch but not sure if it made into a day bed. Best room we EVER had at WDW.

These pictures are a bit old, pre-room renovation, but shows the balcony and view from 4163. It is a enclosed a little bit, as shown in the picture Dave006 posted, but still a pretty decent balcony.

Last edited:
Kinda OT bc we don’t even know when and if SAB is opening, but I was wondering about how it is in the wintertime. I saw a review where a poster was upset bc he had been to poly in December and the pool was warm, so the next December they tried YC/BC, but were disappointed bc the water wasn’t heated/warm enough to swim at all. What’s everyone’s experience with SAB’s temperature in December or Christmas time?
Thanks.

This!

I have stayed at the BC in December and the weather was warm enough to use the pools. The lifeguards told me that they had to bring more guards over since the weather was warm. It can be hit or miss but we were lucky.

This, too!

The pools are heated, but whether it’s heated to a degree that you enjoy obviously varies from person to person. I think even more influential in December is the air temperatures. It can be pretty mild, but it can also be really chilly in December. Native Floridian here, so I rarely go in the water if it’s below 70°F. But you find folks from Minnesota and Michigan in the water in February!

And this, from the Page 1 FAQ post:

My trip is in December (November/January/February). Will it be warm enough to swim in SAB?

That depends. Where are you from?

The weather and temperature in Florida can vary greatly in the winter months. One day you are bundled up in coat and wool hat. The next you are in shorts. You can have extreme conditions in the same week.

The pools at Disney are all heated. The problem is usually not when you are in the pool, but it is the air temperature when you get out. Make sure you have a towel close by.

There is certainly a chance that one or more days of your vacation will be warm enough for swimming. As Scar so eloquently sings in the Lion King "Be Prepared!"

Pack your swimsuit and hope for the best!

:fish:

It’s not even been announced SAB will be open when YC opens ... if that’s on,y reason why you’re staying there, it’s probably best to book a backup resort now rather than be at the whim of resort prices at check-in
Yeah i gave in to the pressure of the unknown and cancelled my 2 YCWV rooms and booked a 2 bedroom preferred view villa at the Rivera. I was due to check in on 8/24 and I just didn’t want to risk SAB and Hurricane Hannas not being open and have to deal with trying to find a new home at the start of my vacation. So now I’m trying to get excited for all the space, a new resort and the villas look very beautiful and the pools look very nice. Nowhere near SAB nice but nice. And it 100% beats the alternative of schlepping my kids to Luna Park pool or the quiet pool at YC! No can do! But if i get any substantial info SAB is reopening by the 24th I will change back!

Last edited:
Page 1654-1655

I booked April 2021 too and hoping it will be open then.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

If I am reading correctly, it is currently a split stay at the Poly villas with 3 days at BC.

:cool1:

Welp, I was booked at the Poly for the end of Sept with my TA and she told me they are working with Disney to get their guests moved, they are not sure yet but she said it will likely be either CR garden wing or YC. Funny enough considering my last trip was at BC! I would vastly prefer YC over 6 days in all honesty but we'll see what happens. In November it was a bit too cool to take advantage of SAB so a do over would be nice.

I just hope they don't do a one-for-one and put me in Standard since that's what I booked at the Poly. I learned my lesson about BC/YC Standard View on my last trip lol. Though tbh it could have been far worse, since they put me in a corner king room right up against the YC side and I only had the ugly roof view out of one window, the other overlooked SAB and the Boardwalk!

I'm going to tentatively put you on the list. Let us know if your resort switch brings you to the YC!

Does anyone have any info on the Turret suites? I booked one for July 2021. We have 6 adults in our party. No other suites were available. I’ve heard this suite is smaller then others, not sure if that’s true.

:welcome: to this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

There is a thread about the suites at the Yacht Club. It needs some work, but I'll post a link to it here:

YC Deluxe, Suite, VP & Presidential Rooms

In particular, there is a post about Turret Suite 3155, posted by NavyAT1 with pictures and description of that Suite.

Post link

:woohoo:

Dee, Can you remove me from the Be Our Guest for August, we had to cancel that unfortunately.

We are currently looking at the week of Sep 12th 2021

Will do- I'll pencil you in for next year.

Hello, all! I’m thinking optimistically and planning a trip for October 2021, though I know I can’t book it yet. We are going to try our first Deluxe after many trips at the Moderates. I’m interested in all three of the Epcot resorts. After looking at lots of pictures and videos of the rooms, I had a couple questions. We will probably be trying to book a Standard View, though I might be able to swing a Garden View. We will not be booking Club Level. Anyway, I was wondering about the daybeds. I’ve seen some rooms without them. We won’t need one, but I was wondering if they are in most of the rooms. I also wanted to know if there was a map anywhere that indicated which rooms have the Juliet balconies. I’d rather have a full one if I end up choosing Beach Club. Lastly, which one has the better room views, especially if I book Standard?

Thanks!

:welcome:

I'll tentatively add you to the list for next October at BC.

I am not aware of any available maps that show which rooms have daybeds or that indicates the balcony type for each room.

We do maintain a thread on the Resorts Community page where guests can post pictures and descriptions of their room and view. It is organized by view category, so you can see some samples of the rooms in the Standard View category.

Beach Club Room Views

While we still haven't decided if we're going on our September trip this year, we went ahead and booked for 2021! Dee can you add us to the guest list for Sept 10-19 2021?

Happy to add you!

I can't remember- Are you and your mom YC gals?

I was watching a Lou Mongello video dated 07/29/2020, and he's claiming that even though the International Gateway is open for guests arriving by Skyliner, the walkway from Beach Club to Epcot is not open. Does anyone know if that's true? That seems crazy to me.

:welcome: to posting on the thread. As indicated in other posts, yes, guests CAN walk to and from EPCOT from the Beach Club.

:cool2:

Last edited:
Yeah i gave in to the pressure of the unknown and cancelled my 2 YCWV rooms and booked a 2 bedroom preferred view villa at the Rivera. I was due to check in on 8/24 and I just didn’t want to risk SAB and Hurricane Hannas not being open and have to deal with trying to find a new home at the start of my vacation. So now I’m trying to get excited for all the space, a new resort and the villas look very beautiful and the pools look very nice. Nowhere near SAB nice but nice. And it 100% beats the alternative of schlepping my kids to Luna Park pool or the quiet pool at YC! No can do! But if i get any substantial info SAB is reopening by the 24th I will change back!

And i was also one of those PP who was told by guest services that SAB would open on 8/24 but when i called yesterday to reconfirm I was now told by the very nice CM that they have no confirmation of SAB opening and guests booked in the reopened YC will be allowed to use BWV pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter