Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Do you know if cabana prices change seasonally like rooms do?
I believe there are 2 "seasons"; higher pricing March - October. Lesser from November - February. Seems to align with daylight savings and standard time. Not sure about the AP discount issue but it could be tied to the current closure and pending extension of AP expiration dates. Like you said, I would call back when the dust settles around the current world situation.

Hi Dee! Be our guest list update please! I have been procrastinating on cancelling our Easter YC reservation even tho I have known for a long time that isn’t happening. With 2 weeks left, it’s time to cancel. But I did make a new one for July 13-18 YC CL.

Jeblue has extended the no fee for changes or cancellations if you book your flight between March 27- April 30 for travel between now & October 24. So that made booking a new trip much easier. If for some reason we decide not to go, no Risk on losing money.

In the ongoing saga of when will Bookbabe get back to YC, thanks to the new rebooking offer Disney just announced, our April trip that we had to cancel last week has become July 9-12, YC GV with free dining.

(Have not yet cancelled the May club level stay, since we are still hoping the world will resume operations by then. Fingers crossed, anyway.)

We figure that with the closing extending our AP expiry date from mid-May to sometime six weeks or so after that, a July trip would let us actually take advantage of the free dining package since we could use the tickets towards our AP renewals. Gotta love Disney Math...

Glad to be adding some trips to the list.

:goodvibes

Hi Dee! Be our guest list update please! I have been procrastinating on cancelling our Easter YC reservation even tho I have known for a long time that isn’t happening. With 2 weeks left, it’s time to cancel. But I did make a new one for July 13-18 YC CL.

Jeblue has extended the no fee for changes or cancellations if you book your flight between March 27- April 30 for travel between now & October 24. So that made booking a new trip much easier. If for some reason we decide not to go, no Risk on losing money.

Will do!

:woohoo:

In the ongoing saga of when will Bookbabe get back to YC, thanks to the new rebooking offer Disney just announced, our April trip that we had to cancel last week has become July 9-12, YC GV with free dining.

(Have not yet cancelled the May club level stay, since we are still hoping the world will resume operations by then. Fingers crossed, anyway.)

We figure that with the closing extending our AP expiry date from mid-May to sometime six weeks or so after that, a July trip would let us actually take advantage of the free dining package since we could use the tickets towards our AP renewals. Gotta love Disney Math...

I'll add you to the list.

:dogdance:

We are staying for the first time EVER just one night at Yacht Club for 4th of July weekend. The Corona craziness screwed up our flights and now we have to stay an extra day (oh man, what a bummer :rolleyes1) and we decided to stay Yacht Club for the night to enjoy a resort day 4th of July! Stormalong Bay, here we come!

This is my memorable Beach Club photo. I am a member of the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube team. One day on our way to practice in the hot tub we ambushed a rather famous Greeter in the lobby of the Beach Club. She was kind enough to take a photo with us before we marched in perfect time to the pool to practice our routine.

That year at the Olympics we barely missed out on a medal because the Latvian team was such a bunch of whiners and reported us to the judges saying our old lady bathing costumes were too revealing. We also were a little drunk and we were having trouble staying in the tubes. Then there was the unfortunate incident with the pool noodle and a rogue bumble bee. I tried to tell the bee to get it's own Sunkin' Treasure but it kept trying to drink mine and I had to go all Muhammad Ali on it's bass. Bass = Bee Aass.

Anyway it was a international kerfuffle. The Latvians themselves were later disqualified when lab tests detected abnormally high levels of Premarin in a number of their samples. The International Olympic Committee is still waiting for them to return their medals but the Latvian team members say they can't remember where they put them.

As you can see in the picture, we were the first Synchronized Pool Tube Team to introduce Bubble wands into our routine. Unfortunately we quickly discovered that it was way too hard to hold a drink and blow bubbles at the same time, so the bubble wands were scrapped. Those hacks on the Latvian team tried to steal our bubble wand idea but they quickly discovered the same problem.

So that's my memorable Beach Club Picture.

~NM

We are staying for the first time EVER just one night at Yacht Club for 4th of July weekend. The Corona craziness screwed up our flights and now we have to stay an extra day (oh man, what a bummer :rolleyes1) and we decided to stay Yacht Club for the night to enjoy a resort day 4th of July! Stormalong Bay, here we come!
Welcome! I like to think my persuasive powers in the other thread made the difference, but I'm pretty sure the idea sold itself. I will warn you: it may be difficult to stay elsewhere in the future 😁

I believe you said that was your last day before flying out in the evening, right? There are nice showers (with soap, shampoo, towels, etc.) and changing rooms you can use next to the bathroom near beaches & cream if you want to wash off the bromine on your way out. There are also free lockers at SAB.

Congrats and have a great time!

We just revised our BCV trip to use up some more points (we are staying in a one bedroom for half our stay for the first time too!!!).

If you could please add us to the list.

November 14-20-BCV

View attachment 484546

This is my memorable Beach Club photo. I am a member of the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube team. One day on our way to practice in the hot tub we ambushed a rather famous Greeter in the lobby of the Beach Club. She was kind enough to take a photo with us before we marched in perfect time to the pool to practice our routine.

That year at the Olympics we barely missed out on a medal because the Latvian team was such a bunch of whiners and reported us to the judges saying our old lady bathing costumes were too revealing. We also were a little drunk and we were having trouble staying in the tubes. Then there was the unfortunate incident with the pool noodle and a rogue bumble bee. I tried to tell the bee to get it's own Sunkin' Treasure but it kept trying to drink mine and I had to go all Muhammad Ali on it's bass. Bass = Bee Aass.

Anyway it was a international kerfuffle. The Latvians themselves were later disqualified when lab tests detected abnormally high levels of Premarin in a number of their samples. The International Olympic Committee is still waiting for them to return their medals but the Latvian team members say they can't remember where they put them.

As you can see in the picture, we were the first Synchronized Pool Tube Team to introduce Bubble wands into our routine. Unfortunately we quickly discovered that it was way too hard to hold a drink and blow bubbles at the same time, so the bubble wands were scrapped. Those hacks on the Latvian team tried to steal our bubble wand idea but they quickly discovered the same problem.

~NM
Love this!!! Made me smile after a stressful day!

View attachment 484546

~NM
I wish I could LOVE this post!

We booked a back up stay in a studio at disney beach club villas. I have never stayed in a studio before. For 2 adults and 1 toddler did you find the accommodations to be tight? I am going in with the head I am even thankful to be on disney with everything going on. But the lack of drawer space is worrisome to me. Any tips for creating extra space while staying in the disney villa studios. we would have a stroller too
I recommend the gb Pock-It stroller. It doesn't have a great basket, but it folds up small enough to make it easy to take on buses and the monorail, so it won't take up much room wherever you stay.

Hi Folks! I know it's been tough in real life, those reading the threads and non-stop news about the current sitiuation impacting the whole world. I, in no way know that the future holds but am keeping my hopes up for whatever is dealt us and wishing the best for everyone! No intent to jumpstart this thread, but wishing the best for everyone! We'll be back shortly with active vacation planning and reports from past vacations! Be safe everyone!

For the drink dispenser near Hurricane Hannah can you get water from that dispenser without a purchased mug?

I recommend the gb Pock-It stroller. It doesn't have a great basket, but it folds up small enough to make it easy to take on buses and the monorail, so it won't take up much room wherever you stay.

We have this stroller and we love it, but I find I prefer the city mini for the parks. We decided to book at the boardwalk for July so we would have more space. We have a room booked in October for beach club. hoping we can make one of those trips!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter