Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Anyone that's been recently have experience getting to HS for ROTR boarding passes? Do the boats start running at 7? How long is the line for the boats first thing? Do they run buses to HS in am to help get guests there? The sky liner doesn't start till 7:30 right? Will walk if I have to but dragging 11yo son along won't be fun. Heard ride shares can get booked up, worried about getting a driver that gets lost or stuck in traffic. Am about ready to do a Minnie van. Getting to the park is second only to getting the boarding pass in terms of stress. Any advice would be helpful🙂

Anyone that's been recently have experience getting to HS for ROTR boarding passes? Do the boats start running at 7? How long is the line for the boats first thing? Do they run buses to HS in am to help get guests there? The sky liner doesn't start till 7:30 right? Will walk if I have to but dragging 11yo son along won't be fun. Heard ride shares can get booked up, worried about getting a driver that gets lost or stuck in traffic. Am about ready to do a Minnie van. Getting to the park is second only to getting the boarding pass in terms of stress. Any advice would be helpful🙂

In terms of rides getting booked up - there are a lot more Ubers and Lyfts out there than Minnie Vans. In general, an Uber or Lyft will arrive to pick you up much quicker than a Minnie Van. While you are home, you can open the Lyft app. Set your pickup location at YC or BC and your destination at DHS. You should be able to see if there are vehicles out there. Just don't go all the way through to accept the ride. Minnie Vans start at 6:30, according to the website:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/
Another option is to ask the valet parking people in front of the hotel if there are any cabs waiting at the hotel; tell them you just want to know if there are any there, you do not want them to call one for you if there are not any there. Probably more expensive than Uber/Lyft, but if they are there, you don't have to wait for them to arrive.

Even if skyliner were running: I personally would bet that the likelihood of the skyliner breaking down would be greater than the likelihood of an Uber/Lyft driver getting lost if you are going from YC/BC to a park.

Can't confirm for you when boats and skyliner start running, or whether there are buses if it's earlier than the boats start running.

Page 1605-1608

:oops: We have YC CL booked March 6-12 and haven't heard anything...I'll be keeping my phone nearby today!! My guess is that they are oversold. I also wouldn't be too thrilled with a BC move, unless they gave an upgrade or something. Interesting...

:welcome: to the thread!

Have a fantastic trip!

:cool1:

Do they still have the premium coffee bar in the solarium?

:welcome:

As far as I know, they do. @Wood Nymph can you confirm this?

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort?

:goodvibes

We are happily returning to YC 8/1-8/5.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

We just returned from a 3-night stay at Yacht Club (split stay with CBR) and had a fantastic time! It was our first time staying at YC and we were thoroughly impressed!

*snip*

Thank you so much for the detailed review of your stay. So glad to hear you had a great time here!

:thumbsup2

I know the allears.net menu shows which night they alternate certain dishes like the fried cod, calamari, various pasta or non-seafood entrees. Older photos I’ve seen of the menu displayed at the restaurant show the same. I’ve noticed that newer videos and pictures of the menu don’t show those days anymore. Has anyone been recently and know if they still follow a certain rotation? We’re debating a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday reservation and are partial to certain items.
Thanks so much.

Great question- I haven't seen any responses here. Did you also ask this question on the Dining forum?

:fish:

The other new thing we learned is that there is now an Elkay bottle refill station in Storm Along Bay. I snapped these pictures while sitting at the bar at Hurricane Hannas. This is near the bathrooms next to the lazy river.

View attachment 478268

View attachment 478269

I am so thrilled to see these refill stations. I love to take a reusable bottle on trips and it is great to have an easy way to fill them at more and more places.

Thanks for letting us know!

:drinking1

Do any of the BCV one-bedrooms have a patio or balcony off the bedroom, or are these just off the living room?

BUMPing your question.

Do you have an upcoming stay booked or are you in research mode at this point?

::yes::

Hi! Can you change my dates on the guest list? We canceled our April trip. Now going June 21-28! Was able to get sun and fun offer and got a water view room! So last day of school is June 19th then we leave on Sunday!

Will do!

What a fun way to celebrate the end of the school year.

:cool2:

I made the request through Touring Plans.
Should I call as well?

I would.

::yes::

I walked from the BC to DHS this morning, leaving the resort around 6:40am and arriving right at 7am. Bag check lines were not very busy. They started to let people in the park a few minutes after I got there. I tapped in approx 7:12am and walked right back to the BC for breakfast. I logged into my MDE account at 8am from the BC and got boarding group 10.

We walked back to DHS around 9am and the ride was down. They said that I could come back anytime that day. So we used all our fastpasses, had lunch, and then went to the ride at 12:30. I was done 37 minutes later. It was a great ride and the plans worked out perfectly. :)

The Friendship boats must have started running at 7am, because I didn't see any boats during my walk to DHS. I just missed a boat leaving the DHS dock at 7:15am to go back to the resorts. The first two boats of the morning would have gotten you at DHS in plenty of time to get into the park before it opened.

Thank you so much for sharing this detailed info! Very helpful and exactly what we want to know!

:magnify:

Just an FYI - Called today to reserve a cabana for early September 2020. The cost for a full day is $265.19 and the AP discount (15%) only goes to August 22 in the system. Doesn’t mean it’s gone away, I will be calling back in a few months to ask about the discount.

We appreciate the current info on the cabanas.

:thanks:

:welcome: to the thread.

Check out the post from Wood Nymph above. Answers a few of your questions.

:)

We are here at the BC and we saw the Friendship boat to DHS start running at 7am for an 8am opening on Tuesday, March 3rd. Both the boat that was at the dock at 7am and the boat that was at the dock around 7:15am would have gotten you to DHS in plenty of time to get into the park before the park opening at 8am. The 7:30am boat would have gotten you there very close to park opening but if lines were long you might not get in the park in time to get a guaranteed boarding group for RotR. If you can get one of the early boats then there is no need to walk or take an Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van or taxi, imo.

They ran the Friendship boats a few hours early for opening day of the Mickey and Minnie Railroad, March 4th, but there wasn't any notification that they were going to do that.

They don't run usually buses to Hollywood Studios unless the boats are down, like for a thunderstorm with lightening.

They Skyliner started running at 7:30am which would have made it a little too close to opening time to get a guaranteed boarding group. That being said, we were able to get a backup boarding group yesterday at 8:35am and they were still passing out backup boarding groups at 9:12am this morning. :)

They have been giving out guaranteed boarding groups for Rise of the Resistance right at park opening for one minute or less. At 8:01am they have been giving out backup boarding groups. A guaranteed boarding group means that they will give you a fastpass and a one day park ticket to return the next day if the ride breaks down and your guaranteed group doesn't get called. The backup groups will not receive any benefits, like a fp, if they can't ride it.

Last edited:
Someone asked: Do any of the BCV one-bedrooms have a patio or balcony off the bedroom, or are these just off the living room?

Sorry I don't remember. I looked through my pictures but I don't have any which would answer the question. I'm not a balcony person, so I don't pay much attention.

Maybe someone else will see this and will be able to answer.

Or OP can post in the DVC Resorts Board. Somebody over there probably knows.

Someone asked: Do any of the BCV one-bedrooms have a patio or balcony off the bedroom, or are these just off the living room?

Sorry I don't remember. I looked through my pictures but I don't have any which would answer the question. I'm not a balcony person, so I don't pay much attention.

Yes, many of the one bedroom villas have a balcony or patio off the bedroom and some don't have one. We have had both types. Some of the balconies are smaller, separate balconies and some of the balconies stretch across all of the rooms. You can see the different types of balconies on the first page of this thread, in the villas section. The windows that don't have a balcony are the master bedrooms of a one br villa. As you can see from the picture, some of the master bedrooms have balconies rather than just a window.

Last edited:
We are here at the BC and we saw the Friendship boat to DHS start running at 7am for an 8am opening on Tuesday, March 3rd. Both the boat that was at the dock at 7am and the boat that was at the dock around 7:15am would have gotten you to DHS in plenty of time to get into the park before the park opening at 8am. The 7:30am boat would have gotten you there very close to park opening but if lines were long you might not get in the park in time to get a guaranteed boarding group for RotR. If you can get one of the early boats then there is no need to walk or take an Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van or taxi, imo.

They ran the Friendship boats a few hours early for opening day of the Mickey and Minnie Railroad, March 4th, but there wasn't any notification that they were going to do that.

They don't run usually buses to Hollywood Studios unless the boats are down, like for a thunderstorm with lightening.

They Skyliner started running at 7:30am which would have made it a little too close to opening time to get a guaranteed boarding group. That being said, we were able to get a backup boarding group yesterday at 8:35am and they were still passing out backup boarding groups at 9:12am this morning. :)

They have been giving out guaranteed boarding groups for Rise of the Resistance right at park opening for one minute or less. At 8:01am they have been giving out backup boarding groups. A guaranteed boarding group means that they will give you a fastpass and a one day park ticket to return the next day if the ride breaks down and your guaranteed group doesn't get called. The backup groups will not receive any benefits, like a fp, if they can't ride it.
Thank you! I know I'm over thinking this but the 30sec to get a boarding group is stressing me out! So where you able to ride with your backup boarding group pass? That would be very reassuring🙂

Last edited:
In terms of rides getting booked up - there are a lot more Ubers and Lyfts out there than Minnie Vans. In general, an Uber or Lyft will arrive to pick you up much quicker than a Minnie Van. While you are home, you can open the Lyft app. Set your pickup location at YC or BC and your destination at DHS. You should be able to see if there are vehicles out there. Just don't go all the way through to accept the ride. Minnie Vans start at 6:30, according to the website:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/
Another option is to ask the valet parking people in front of the hotel if there are any cabs waiting at the hotel; tell them you just want to know if there are any there, you do not want them to call one for you if there are not any there. Probably more expensive than Uber/Lyft, but if they are there, you don't have to wait for them to arrive.

Even if skyliner were running: I personally would bet that the likelihood of the skyliner breaking down would be greater than the likelihood of an Uber/Lyft driver getting lost if you are going from YC/BC to a park.

Can't confirm for you when boats and skyliner start running, or whether there are buses if it's earlier than the boats start running.
Thank you for the help!

Or OP can post in the DVC Resorts Board. Somebody over there probably knows.
That was me- thanks for responding!

Yes, many of the one bedroom villas have a balcony or patio off the bedroom and some don't have one. We have had both types. Some of the balconies are smaller, separate balconies and some of the balconies stretch across all of the rooms. You can see the different types of balconies on the first page of this thread, in the villas section. The windows that don't have a balcony are the master bedrooms of a one br villa. As you can see from the picture, some of the master bedrooms have balconies rather than just a window.

View attachment 478963
Thanks!!! I’ll put in a request for a one-bedroom with a patio or balcony off the master and see what happens.

Page 1608-1609

DW and I will be staying at BC club level for the first time in July. We cannot wait!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Thank you! I know I'm over thinking this but the 30sec to get a boarding group is stressing me out! So where you able to ride with your backup boarding group pass? That would be very reassuring🙂

Are you following the Rise of the Resistance Board Group- NO SPOILERS discussion group in the Theme Parks/Galaxy's Edge Forum?

I found it (the one for DL) to be VERY helpful prior to my trip, in preparing for the BG process, setting expectations and knowing how the ride was doing as far as getting through the regular boarding groups and back up boarding groups each day.

MTFBWY!

:chewy:

The day that I logged in at three seconds after 8:00 I got BG 10. It was called at 8:15. The day I logged in at 8:35 I got BG 137. It was called at 5:15 pm

We are staying at Yacht Club for the first time next month in a Standard View Club Level room. Any help with good room requests? Closeness to lobby maybe or good view, or close to walkway to parks? I can’t figure out what room area would be best.

I stayed SV Club a couple of years ago and specifically wanted a balcony.... the views from most SV rooms are not that great, but the balcony I got was part of that HUGE one shared with 3 other rooms, but big enough to hold a bowling tournament! Here's a photo. It's a few rooms down the hall from the club and over the main entrance, but I never saw anyone else use it, and the noise from the traffic/buses/entrance wasn't an issue. If you have small children that need to blow off steam, or just want a bit a outside "space" this might be perfect. My room number was 5178 I think, but there are 4 rooms with this balcony,479239

Last edited:
What room number was this? Thanks. So the noise was or wasn’t an issue?

I stayed SV Club a couple of years ago and specifically wanted a balcony.... the views from most SV rooms are not that great, but the balcony I got was part of that HUGE one shared with 3 other rooms, but big enough to hold a bowling tournament! Here's a photo. It's a few rooms down the hall from the club and over the main entrance, but I never saw anyone else use it, and the noise from the traffic/buses/entrance was an issue.

What room number was this? Thanks. So the noise was or wasn’t an issue?
Sorry, I edited my post with this info:

the noise from the traffic/buses/entrance wasn't an issue. If you have small children that need to blow off steam, or just want a bit a outside "space" this might be perfect. My room number was 5178 I think, but there are 4 rooms with this balcony,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter