Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Unfounded threat at BC on Thursday:

So one of these articles was more sensational than the other.

Did they really lockdown and evacuate guests?

SWAT team?

:scared1:

• jagafen

Wine drinker, family CEO/CFO, uber planner
    So one of these articles was more sensational than the other.

Did they really lockdown and evacuate guests?

SWAT team?

:scared1:
    It (the level of response) doesn't surprise me in the least. My guess is that they were preparing for a response to a potential active shooter situation that thankfully, didn't pan out that way.

Major tourist destination with minimal security to gain entry? How hard is it for ANYONE to walk into a Disney resort? FWIW, I'd rather guests err on the side of hypervigilance, and the police to respond for the worst case scenario than to have it play out the other way.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    It (the level of response) doesn't surprise me in the least. My guess is that they were preparing for a response to a potential active shooter situation that thankfully, didn't pan out that way.

Major tourist destination with minimal security to gain entry? How hard is it for ANYONE to walk into a Disney resort? FWIW, I'd rather guests err on the side of hypervigilance, and the police to respond for the worst case scenario than to have it play out the other way.
    You are correct.

The Mouse can't f-ool around with something like this.

::yes::

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone know if there are magical enhancements going on at the Yacht Club? We are arriving March 7 to 13 and received a phone call this morning telling us this info and that they will be moving us to Beach Club. Not quite sure I want to stay at the BC so I thought I would put it out there in case anyone has heard. It is a group reservation I have but I’m not sure I believe there reason is true.
    Maybe they are doing the WiFi upgrade at Yacht Club. They closed one floor at a time when they did that at the Beach Club last fall.

• focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    Maybe they are doing the WiFi upgrade at Yacht Club. They closed one floor at a time when they did that at the Beach Club last fall.
    You could be right. I just checked quick, there don’t seem to be any rooms at Y & B for the whole month of March. Wonder if they pulled inventory to move people. I know, they are usually pretty fully booked anyway, but usually there is at least something.

Last edited:

LanceQ

Mouseketeer
    Okay, need some real-world advice!

What is the FASTEST way to get to DHS from Beach Club?

Walking?

Boat?

Skyliner?

I'd even happily spring for a Lyft if that'll save time.

Gonna have a very quick turnaround from getting to the hotel from the airport very early in the morning and want to get to DHS before opening....AND I have to do some business at the ticket booth/guest services first, so I really need to be there as quickly as humanly possible.

Thanks!

PCFriar80

DIS Veteran

Walking?

Boat?

Skyliner?

Gonna have a very quick turnaround from getting to the hotel from the airport very early in the morning and want to get to DHS before opening....AND I have to do some business at the ticket booth/guest services first, so I really need to be there as quickly as humanly possible.

Thanks!
    My experience only:
    1. Walking; 20 -25 minutes from BC Lobby to DHS security checkpoint. Be sure you head left from the BC towards BW and use the shortcut through the clown pool to get to the pathway and to cut off 5 minutes!
    2. Friendship Boat; 20 minutes travel time from YC Marina to DHS dock, with one stop at S/D. You need to factor in wait time for boat at YC Marina and less than a 5 minute disembarkment walk from DHS dock to security checkpoint.
    3. Skyliner; Allow for 25 - 30 minutes. 5 minute walk from BC lobby to IG Skyliner station, 10 -12 minute ride to Caribbean Beach, transfer to DHS skyliner at CB and another 10 minutes to DHS. Less than 5 minutes from station to DHS security checkpoint.

I chose walking as #1 as it gives you total control of your own destiny. #2 and #3 can be impacted by factors out of your control and travel times may be greater than I noted.
    Uber/Lyft would save you time but if you can work with the above timeframes you can save some money!

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    I think the shortcut past the clown pool is only a time saver if your BC room is near the Epcot side of the resort. If you are leaving from the BC lobby then I would walk past the YC boat dock, just in case there is a Hollywood Studios boat at the dock or just about to dock. :)

• LanceQ

Mouseketeer
    My experience only:
    1. Walking; 20 -25 minutes from BC Lobby to DHS security checkpoint. Be sure you head left from the BC towards BW and use the shortcut through the clown pool to get to the pathway and to cut off 5 minutes!
    2. Friendship Boat; 20 minutes travel time from YC Marina to DHS dock, with one stop at S/D. You need to factor in wait time for boat at YC Marina and less than a 5 minute disembarkment walk from DHS dock to security checkpoint.
    3. Skyliner; Allow for 25 - 30 minutes. 5 minute walk from BC lobby to IG Skyliner station, 10 -12 minute ride to Caribbean Beach, transfer to DHS skyliner at CB and another 10 minutes to DHS. Less than 5 minutes from station to DHS security checkpoint.

I chose walking as #1 as it gives you total control of your own destiny. #2 and #3 can be impacted by factors out of your control and travel times may be greater than I noted.
    Uber/Lyft would save you time but if you can work with the above timeframes you can save some money!
    This is great, thanks. How long do you think it would take for a Lyft? Ten minutes? (once you're in the car.)

And what does "BW" stand for in the #1 option.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    This is great, thanks. How long do you think it would take for a Lyft? Ten minutes? (once you're in the car.)

And what does "BW" stand for in the #1 option.
    August 2019:
    Lyft from Beach Club to Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS)
    8:20 am to 8:30 am
    $8.06
    I added a tip to that

On another day in August 2019:
    Lyft from Beach Club to DHS
    9:54 am to 10:05 am
    $7.96
    I added a tip to that

You can always go on the Lyft and Uber apps and set it up like you were planning to request a ride. Just don't go all the way through to where you accept (can't remember the term) the ride. The app might assume that you want to be picked up where you are (if you have location services turned on in your phone's settings) but you can tell it where you want to be picked up instead.

Or go to RideGuru.com to price out a ride.

Lyft often has discounts. Those might be discounted prices. I don't think Uber has ever offered me a discount.

BW stands for BoardWalk

Last edited:

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    We have our boarding passes and will be arriving at the Beach Club tomorrow. It will be a fun week with the opening of Flower & Garden Show and Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railroad at DHS, which we have fastpasses for. There are a few more new things for us to see and new things are always fun. :)

butternut

Mouseketeer
    Thanks for the responses regarding the magical enhancements that I received by phone. They got back to me later that day and still would not confirm what they may be. I had said I did not want to be moved to Beach Club and they in turn told me they will keep my reservation at Yacht! Makes me wonder if they just were trying to accommodate some last minute requests by searching for takers.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for the responses regarding the magical enhancements that I received by phone. They got back to me later that day and still would not confirm what they may be. I had said I did not want to be moved to Beach Club and they in turn told me they will keep my reservation at Yacht! Makes me wonder if they just were trying to accommodate
    some last minute requests by searching for takers.
    Not necessarily. Doesn’t mean there isn’t some work being done. They likely are moving on & will offer the move to someone else. Please let us know if you see anything going on.

Maxie86

DIS Veteran

Walking?

Boat?

Skyliner?

Thanks!
    Walking is the fastest way, even faster than a Lyft...the drive is longer than you would think and you have to factor in traffic plus waiting for a driver. We are in our late 60's and have no trouble beating the boat, unless there is one leaving immediately, and then we usually arrive about the same time. Unless you have mobility issues you can always walk a little faster...you can't make the boat go faster.

butternut

Mouseketeer
    Not necessarily. Doesn’t mean there isn’t some work being done. They likely are moving on & will offer the move to someone else. Please let us know if you see anything going on.
    I sure will inform when I arrive. I did call the YachtClub directly and they did confirm there are no enhancements going on at that time and assured me they would know if there was. So I’m guessing my thoughts about it are true.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    I sure will inform when I arrive. I did call the YachtClub directly and they did confirm there are no enhancements going on at that time and assured me they would know if there was. So I’m guessing my thoughts about it are true.
    How did you manage to speak to someone who was actually at the Yacht Club, rather than someone at an off-site call center who is supposed to answer the phone in such a way as to make you think they are at the Yacht Culb?

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS