Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Elle :)

Mouseketeer
Is driving to HS and parking an option for you or did you want to avoid the parking fee? That's what I'd do in order to get a BG, then depending upon when your BG is leave/drive to BCV and take care of luggage then. While there I'd grab breakfast if time and then take the leisurely stroll back to HS for my BG and other fun.
We’re AP holders so the parking is a non issue. I kind of like your idea of driving over to get a BG. I’m so used to rope dropping HS but I hear it’s a total nightmare now in the morning. This may be a perfect way to tackle it.

• Lalabubbles

DIS Veteran
    So we are now totally booked at BCV or YC. We are staying BCV June 29th-July 12th and then YC July 20-21st. We were going to stay at a value for the very last night but since we won’t have tickets, APs expire on the 18th, we want to hangout at the best pool on property :sunny:

TomorrowlandKD

Nowwwww approaching...
    Beach Club has converted my vacation-hating husband. We just got home from our trip last night and in our 17 years together this is seriously the second trip we've ever taken anywhere (1st was a week in Costa Rica!) where he was still in a good mood on the way home. He's requested we only ever stay at BC from now on because he enjoyed so much being able to just stroll into Epcot or over to the beach or across to the boardwalk whenever he felt like. He even "accidentally rope-dropped Epcot" one morning on his walk, lol.
    That's amazing!!!

My wife and I are staying at BCV for the very first time later this year and I can't wait!!!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1603-1604

Usually just a lurker here but excited to be heading back again!!! Although an a trip in the August heat is a little worrisome - it is literally the only time that would work for us this year! So we are currently booked at BC 7/31-8/7. It is our first time staying at BC as we have always preferred YC. No garden view availability at the YC though... so BC it is... Still keeping an eye out for YC openings or maybe biting the bullet and paying the extra $$ for a water view room at YC. Maybe if my husbands bonus turns out to be more than we expect!!!
    :welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. Keep checking for the YC GV rooms.

I have had a few BC trips in August. With preparation for heat and precipitation (see my hints for using ponchos and ziploc bags) and going to the parks early while the temps and crowds are lower, you can have a great time. The BC/YC is a great place for a mid-day pool break before returning to the parks in the evening.

:cool1:

So excited- we just modified our reservation for 2/26-3/2 from CBR to YC! I've stayed BW and BC but never Yacht! I'm very excited to try it out!
    :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any last minute questions.

:goodvibes

We just got home from another great stay at the YC. This was our 4th time there. Our 3 previous YC trips were club level but this time we decided to channel that upcharge into cabana rentals instead. We reserved a cabana for 3 full days and it really enhanced our time at the pool by a wide margin. This trip in general was definitely designed to be more resort/less park time and it lived up to our expectations. Our YC room was as far away from the lobby as I think you can get, but we didn’t mind because we had access in/out through the side door and just used the stairs. My DH in particular loved not having to rely on the elevators! DS7 did the Captain Hook’s Pirate Cruise twice this trip and reported it to be “great fun”. He also did it last May but said it was better this time (he couldn’t explain why though, lol; he liked it a lot then as well). I’ve always enjoyed our CL stays in the past but I think we may be shifting our priorities in the future to replicate this latest experience. We already have another trip tentatively booked for June! We love that there are so many different ways to build our trips depending on what matters to us at the time.
    Thanks for reporting about your trip.

So how was the weather and how was the pool? Who went in?

:fish:

Is driving to HS and parking an option for you or did you want to avoid the parking fee? That's what I'd do in order to get a BG, then depending upon when your BG is leave/drive to BCV and take care of luggage then. While there I'd grab breakfast if time and then take the leisurely stroll back to HS for my BG and other fun.
    That's a great suggestion!

:thumbsup2

Beach Club has converted my vacation-hating husband. We just got home from our trip last night and in our 17 years together this is seriously the second trip we've ever taken anywhere (1st was a week in Costa Rica!) where he was still in a good mood on the way home. He's requested we only ever stay at BC from now on because he enjoyed so much being able to just stroll into Epcot or over to the beach or across to the boardwalk whenever he felt like. He even "accidentally rope-dropped Epcot" one morning on his walk, lol.
    As another lover of the Beach Club, I am so glad to hear that! Hope to see you back again.

Also interested in hearing about your Costa Rica trip. Private message me if you have a chance. I'm going with my family in a few weeks.

🦜

We’re at Beach Club from May 18th to June 1st!
    :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

So we are now totally booked at BCV or YC. We are staying BCV June 29th-July 12th and then YC July 20-21st. We were going to stay at a value for the very last night but since we won’t have tickets, APs expire on the 18th, we want to hangout at the best pool on property :sunny:
    I'll adjust your dates, although I'm a little confused by the times.

Two trips? Something in-between?

::yes::

caliope

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for reporting about your trip.

So how was the weather and how was the pool? Who went in?
    Weather was great Monday through Thursday. A couple of mornings were cloudy but the sun was out by noon each day. We all went into the pool multiple times each day. It was quite warm out so the water was a nice reprieve. Friday was cloudy, windy, and much cooler (50s) but we weren’t at the pool that day anyway. We felt very lucky in how it all turned out! Cabanas were fully booked each day we had one, too. We reserved several months ago (around October, I think). 😊

• Lalabubbles

DIS Veteran
    [/QUOTE]I'll adjust your dates, although I'm a little confused by the times.

Two trips? Something in-between?

::yes::
    [/QUOTE]
    Lol sorry, it is confusing. We are going off site to an VRBO with my parents for a week in between. We were going to go home from there but flights were cheaper on the 21st so we decided why not go back for one night and we get magical express! Thanks for updating :lovestruc

MinMou

DIS Veteran
    I am debating between YC and BC, and we will be staying CL. I read one blogger's reviews of the Regatta and Stone Harbor Clubs, and wondered whether either one was better than the other, service-wise.

It will be me, my husband and my son, who will be 8. We want a balcony also. I'm trying to decide if we should stay YC for a balcony, or BC because it is more kid-friendly.

I know that wherever we end up, it will be great, because we will be at Disney, and I have lots of time to make a decision. But since this is a high dollar vacation, I would like to find the best fit for us.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I am debating between YC and BC, and we will be staying CL. I read one blogger's reviews of the Regatta and Stone Harbor Clubs, and wondered whether either one was better than the other, service-wise.

It will be me, my husband and my son, who will be 8. We want a balcony also. I'm trying to decide if we should stay YC for a balcony, or BC because it is more kid-friendly.

I know that wherever we end up, it will be great, because we will be at Disney, and I have lots of time to make a decision. But since this is a high dollar vacation, I would like to find the best fit for us.
    :welcome: to this forum!

When is your proposed trip?

I have stayed at both BC and YC CL, you really can't go wrong with either. Theoretically, same managers, same offerings. I'm not sure if the CMs rotate by working at either lounge.

I wouldn't say that BC is significantly more kid-friendly than YC. The lobbies of the two resorts have different vibes, due to the Cape May restaurant, but I don't think your son will be out of place at all.

Although about 75% of the BC CL rooms have full balconies, if this is a very important factor, then YC is the way to go. There is one room, 5163 that does not have a balcony at the YC CL. I believe this is a water view, corner room with a couple of banks of windows.

:goodvibes

starousse

DIS Veteran
    Just got back from our trip this weekend and am contemplating booking BC for the summer. Have the standard rooms been refurbished at all? We stayed there back in 2013 and the rooms were pretty shabby.

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Just got back from our trip this weekend and am contemplating booking BC for the summer. Have the standard rooms been refurbished at all? We stayed there back in 2013 and the rooms were pretty shabby.
    :welcome: to posting on this thread!

Let us know if you book a trip here.

From the first post in this thread- all the info (and more) that you want on the resort's renovations:

All rooms at the Beach Club, Beach Club Villas and Yacht Club have been renovated from 2014-2017.

Beach Club: October 2014-August 2015

Beach Club Villas: January 2016-September 2016

Yacht Club: October 2015-December 2015, Club Lounge Renovated. January 2017-September 2017, All Rooms Renovated

You can read all about it here: Room Renovation News, October 2014-September 2017

🛠

MinMou

DIS Veteran
    :welcome: to this forum!

When is your proposed trip?

I have stayed at both BC and YC CL, you really can't go wrong with either. Theoretically, same managers, same offerings. I'm not sure if the CMs rotate by working at either lounge.

I wouldn't say that BC is significantly more kid-friendly than YC. The lobbies of the two resorts have different vibes, due to the Cape May restaurant, but I don't think your son will be out of place at all.

Although about 75% of the BC CL rooms have full balconies, if this is a very important factor, then YC is the way to go. There is one room, 5163 that does not have a balcony at the YC CL. I believe this is a water view, corner room with a couple of banks of windows.

:goodvibes,
    We don't have a set date yet; I'd like to go for the 50th Anniversary, if possible. My plan is to book later this year for 499 days in advance, so I would like to have all my ducks in a row by then.

PixiePlns

Planning the magic
    Add me to the guest list for June 20-21, 2020. I booked BC for a quick overnight and asked about renting a cabana for a half day (10 am - 2 pm) for June 21. I wasn't sure if I could get it - but I thought it might be nice with us switching to the Riviera resort for the rest of our week that day (its our DVC homecoming trip there). With an annual pass discount, it was $180 (and some change) for the half day, so rates must have increased. We enjoyed our visit to Yacht so much last August, its nice to come back even for a day to our favorite pool on property!

KValo

Earning My Ears
    We're heading to Beach Club for two nights, May 29-30, before we do 7 nights at the Villas at Grand Flo (our DVC home resort). I've been to BCV a couple of times before I was married, but this will be my wife and kiddos' first time there. (And my first time in a non-villa). Very excited to take the kids to Stormalong Bay!

twocat

80 miles door-to-door to Disney.
    I have a YC stay coming up on September 6th and 7th after a solo stay at the Dolphin.

When I stayed at the BC last year, there was a great map of all the rooms and the views/bookable levels for the BC.

I'm trying to find the same thing for the YC.

I saw the scene shots of the laminated book of the YC layout but I haven't been able to find the actual layout of the YC that I had earlier found for the BC. They were good quality screen shots that I was able to use to blow up and put in my own comments, etc.

Can anyone direct me to these for the YC?

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I have a YC stay coming up on September 6th and 7th after a solo stay at the Dolphin.

When I stayed at the BC last year, there was a great map of all the rooms and the views/bookable levels for the BC.

I'm trying to find the same thing for the YC.

I saw the scene shots of the laminated book of the YC layout but I haven't been able to find the actual layout of the YC that I had earlier found for the BC. They were good quality screen shots that I was able to use to blow up and put in my own comments, etc.

Can anyone direct me to these for the YC?
    Do you mean these?

Detailed Room Number Maps:

YC Floor Map Floors 1 2 3

YC Floor Map Floor 4 and 5

daisy2013

Mouseketeer
    Please add me to be our guest - 9/8/20-9/12/20 Beach club standard room.
    We usually go DVC thanks to my very generous parents allowing us use of their points but I was able to grab a great deal for us and thanks to late running school construction my kids are heading back to school mid-September instead of before Labor Day.

if I make a day bed and full balcony or patio our only requests, is there a decent chance to get them?

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    if I make a day bed and full balcony or patio our only requests, is there a decent chance to get them?
    There aren't any standard view rooms on the ground floor, so you might just want to request the day bed and full balcony. You have a 50% chance of a full balcony, though.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS