Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Lafferty Place Arcade
October 2019

Currently open through the renovation of nearby Beaches & Cream restaurant

Has anyone ever seen people actually playing in the arcade? Everytime I’ve walked by any of the arcades, they always seem to be empty and devoid of life.

Has anyone ever seen people actually playing in the arcade? Everytime I’ve walked by any of the arcades, they always seem to be empty and devoid of life.
We have seen it quite busy a few times during our 5 YC and BC stays. It isn't my cup of tea, but my DH and sons love arcades and always spend time in there, and I was pretty surprised a couple of times at how busy it was. The one at POR was also busy a lot, and I imagine the CR one is but I haven't been there much since they brought it back.

To be fair, these pictures were taken at 5:30 in the morning. I wasn't even sure the door was unlocked since the arcade doesn't open until (6? am), but a CM came by and told me I could go right in, door was open.

No, I have not seen many people in there, but I am rarely around that area during the day or even evening, so I am not a good judge.

:crowded:

Just wanted to share my booking experience. I believe in the end we got pixie dusted. A little long...

My husband and I just spent our 20th anniversary in disney. We were originally booked at YC, but then canceled the trip altogether for a different destination, then about two weeks out changed our minds and decided on Disney after all. We ended up at WL since YC was no longer available with military discount. We have 1 day left on our military salute tickets with the option to add one more day for just $16 per ticket. So we decided to book a short trip during our kids Thanksgiving break and take them since they were pretty jealous we got to experience Star Wars land without them.

When I called to request military rates I was surprised when YC was available because online it was showing as fully booked. I jumped on it since we were kinda bummed to not get it for the anniversary trip. When my confirmation email came through I noticed the CM booked us for next Thanksgiving instead of this Thanksgiving. When I called back a manager was able to change us to this year, I was able to keep the military discount, and it was actually $200 cheaper. I believe I got lucky, because had the original CM tried to book us for this year I don’t think YC would have been available with the military discount since online shows it not available at all. Can’t wait!!!!

We have seen it quite busy a few times during our 5 YC and BC stays. It isn't my cup of tea, but my DH and sons love arcades and always spend time in there, and I was pretty surprised a couple of times at how busy it was. The one at POR was also busy a lot, and I imagine the CR one is but I haven't been there much since they brought it back.
To be fair, these pictures were taken at 5:30 in the morning. I wasn't even sure the door was unlocked since the arcade doesn't open until (6? am), but a CM came by and told me I could go right in, door was open.

No, I have not seen many people in there, but I am rarely around that area during the day or even evening, so I am not a good judge.

:crowded:
I guess I’ve just gone by at the wrong times. It sounds like the arcade is popular

Solarium Coffee Kiosk
October 2019

☕

Here's the story behind this last photo:

I am annoyingly perky in the early morning hours. Love wandering the halls of the Yacht & Beach Club when nobody is around. I arrived at the coffee kiosk with an empty cup and a big smile. There was a manager there (who was informing the CM at the kiosk about the service disruption for the gondolas).

I asked her to take a picture of me at "my favorite attraction: the coffee kiosk"

She said "I am going to make your morning magical and pixie-dust your coffee"

No charge for the coffee but I told her I was getting pastry, too and I would pay for those.

The chocolate croissant was OUT OF THIS WORLD and the pumpkin muffin was wicked good with a surprise cream cheese filling in the middle. YUM!

Note: I am carrying 3 different cameras on this walkabout. I just wish I had given her my phone, instead of my point & shoot to take the picture because the picture came out blurry. The manager commented that she doesn't see real cameras anymore!

Well, I think the YC has won us over. My husband and I stayed in a water view in early April for a (mostly) resort-only babymoon. We loved our stay there and just booked to come back next April 18-25th with our baby who will be 7 months old then.

I originally booked when the Gift of Magic offer came out the other day, but I received a pin code yesterday and was able to apply that and save some money.

Unfortunately the only room category available for this trip was a garden view. We were so spoiled on our last trip when we were assigned to what I think was a deluxe room (4201). The room was huge and had a great view of SAB and the Boardwalk.

View attachment 442756View attachment 442757View attachment 442758View attachment 442759View attachment 442760
That is an awesome room!!! Can you tell me is the sofa a day bed, or does it open into a queen sofa bed? I don’t see that room option listed when I look at the disney site, but if that is a sofa bed that would be a great option for a party of 6!

We have a deluxe room booked for next year that has a full size pull out sofa as we have a party of 6 so you might want to look into that.
Did you book the deluxe room online? Or did you have to call? When I look at room types online I don’t see deluxe room listed at all at YC. We don’t need a room for 6 just yet, but we will soon.

Sorry we are at the Beach Club, I missed that you were talking about YC, but yes I actually did have to call because I was using the Military discount and I can only do that on the phone.

That is an awesome room!!! Can you tell me is the sofa a day bed, or does it open into a queen sofa bed? I don’t see that room option listed when I look at the disney site, but if that is a sofa bed that would be a great option for a party of 6!

Hmm that's a good question. We never checked since there were only two of us.

Page 1552-1554

Assuming it is BCVs, the answer will vary depending upon location. For the most part the first floor villas access "a path" which will eventually get you to the main areas. The only exceptions are the villas that are directly adjacent to the Dunes Cove Pool [one side] where there is no path and you'll run in to the fence surrounding the pool. Probably 7 villas in all with only one of those being a studio. Having said that, there may also be some shrubs, trees and lattice to navigate depending on actual location. As others have already pointed out the sliders do not have key access nor can they be locked from the outside.

I can only speak for the studios, but know for a fact since we have actually stayed in these rooms that 455, 463, and 263 have larger than normal balconies.

Thanks! I will add it to the BCV Room View/Description thread to keep track of this helpful info.

:goodvibes

So, no spring discount rooms at BC, so we have switched to the YC side. Slightly further from Epcot, but still the best pool on property. Think we might have to do a cabana day. March 14 -20!

Got it! I'll adjust your listing.

:thumbsup2

Well, I think the YC has won us over. My husband and I stayed in a water view in early April for a (mostly) resort-only babymoon. We loved our stay there and just booked to come back next April 18-25th with our baby who will be 7 months old then.

I originally booked when the Gift of Magic offer came out the other day, but I received a pin code yesterday and was able to apply that and save some money.

Unfortunately the only room category available for this trip was a garden view. We were so spoiled on our last trip when we were assigned to what I think was a deluxe room (4201). The room was huge and had a great view of SAB and the Boardwalk.

:welcome: back and congratulations on the new addition to your family!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15

We really appreciate the great description and pictures of your BC Deluxe room!

:cool1:

That's a great thought. I found this link https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/ that provides great into about sending and receiving packages at the resort.

There is also this post by the Moderator that talks about the delay incurred in package delivery because of the use of a central Mail facility:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/shipping-to-and-from-disney-resorts-faq-new.3435904/

~NM

This is a great link- I have added to the mail/shipping info in the FAQ post on Page 1.

I also updated the convention center pickup rates and the room delivery fee (looks like $6 to me, can anyone confirm?)

::yes::

Just wanted to share my booking experience. I believe in the end we got pixie dusted. A little long...

My husband and I just spent our 20th anniversary in disney. We were originally booked at YC, but then canceled the trip altogether for a different destination, then about two weeks out changed our minds and decided on Disney after all. We ended up at WL since YC was no longer available with military discount. We have 1 day left on our military salute tickets with the option to add one more day for just $16 per ticket. So we decided to book a short trip during our kids Thanksgiving break and take them since they were pretty jealous we got to experience Star Wars land without them.

When I called to request military rates I was surprised when YC was available because online it was showing as fully booked. I jumped on it since we were kinda bummed to not get it for the anniversary trip. When my confirmation email came through I noticed the CM booked us for next Thanksgiving instead of this Thanksgiving. When I called back a manager was able to change us to this year, I was able to keep the military discount, and it was actually $200 cheaper. I believe I got lucky, because had the original CM tried to book us for this year I don’t think YC would have been available with the military discount since online shows it not available at all. Can’t wait!!!!

:welcome: back and thank you for your family's service.

I'll add your Thanksgiving quickie pixie trip to the list.

:dogdance:

Sorry we are at the Beach Club, I missed that you were talking about YC, but yes I actually did have to call because I was using the Military discount and I can only do that on the phone.

Thank you for your family's service and :welcome: back!

When is your trip next year?

:woohoo:

Are they still trialling Alex in the YC rooms or has that not started/finished now?

Thanks!

Are you talking about the "Talking Mickey assistant" in the rooms?

Great question. I wondered about that myself. I have heard zero reports about this. I also just stayed in a YC room and didn't notice if it was there.

BTW- Hey Disney, you know what would be really helpful??? Putting clocks back in the room. Thank you!

Last edited:
I have put pictures and descriptions of Room 4072 on the Yacht Club Room View thread. I also included detailed pictures of the furnishings, bathroom, etc.

Room 4072
Garden View, YC quiet pool, Swan/Dolphin hotel
2 Queen Beds, Daybed
connecting room
natebenma, October 2019

This room was a few hallways from the main bank of elevators, BUT if you exited in the opposite direction (to the right), it is just a few doors away from a stairwell leading to the "secret exit/entrance" that can be found near room 1065/wedding gazebo courtyard.

Very quiet!

We had a troubling experience with bell services.

We had bags sent over to YC from OKW (1 suitcase) and POP (1 small suitcase and backpack), 2 claim checks.

We normally collect our bags ourselves and bring them to the room, but we had spent the morning and early afternoon at Animal Kingdom and then had gone to Stormalong Bay while waiting for our room to be ready so we opted to have bell services deliver our bags.

It didn't take long for the CM to come along with the bags. Unfortunately, he proceeded to bring the WRONG bags into the room! The one from OKW was there, but the other two bags were a sparkly pink backpack and small black suitcase, neither of them ours.

Mark decided to go ALL the way back to the lobby (our room was far away)with the CM to retrieve the correct bags.

On the upside, that gave me the opportunity to take oodles and oodles of photos of the room without bags or husbands spoiling the shots!

::yes::

BTW- Hey Disney, you know what would be really helpful??? Putting clocks back in the room. Thank you!

I had a very nice clock in my YC room, which was set on the nightstand. Unfortunately, it was the one that I brought from home.

When the days become shorter and shorter, I find the clock to be an invaluable resource to know if it's time to get up and going, yet, or not.

I always bring this smallish digital alarm clock, which has a button to light up the screen, when the room is dark. It is one of the first items I unpack, after arriving in the room.

Many other resorts in the area, such as the Swan, still provide clocks in the guest rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter