Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just returned from a girl's trip at Yacht Club (my first time at YC, have stayed BCV twice before.) We had both the individual toiletries and the hand lotion.

The rooms were wonderful - so many outlets and so beautiful. We had a room with the daybed, and it was wonderful to have the space for all of us.

I booked a bounce back for my family vacation next August back at YC, so you can add me to the Be Our Guest List for Aug 5 - 12 next year!

I just checked out the YC lobby, it looks fantastic.

We decided to bail on our plans when we saw that two SAB cabanas were open for the afternoon so we rented #3 again, perfect last WDW day.

Leaving early tomorrow morning, but don’t feel bad for me because I am flying directly to the Grand Californian to enjoy the Halloween party and a day at Disneyland!!!

Any advice on how quickly the cabanas book up?
We are going mid November into early December.
Last year, it was FREEZING when we were there, so I was hoping to be able to book these a few days out - what are the chances of availability?

Any advice on how quickly the cabanas book up?
We are going mid November into early December.
Last year, it was FREEZING when we were there, so I was hoping to be able to book these a few days out - what are the chances of availability?

Both days we have been here there has been afternoon availability for at least one cabana. We asked the CM and he said the summer was almost fully booked but since mid September there is usually at least afternoon availability in one cabana, morning is more popular. If you want a full day or morning only I am not sure as the CMs don’t see how far in advance a cabana was booked they just know what they have been seeing day-of.

Just got back from a fantastic week at the YC! We were in room 4184, which looked out over the porte cochere. I've read reviews of that location being pretty noisy with the traffic below, but we never noticed it. The room was one room down from those that share the huge balcony, which while we were there was used as a playground for most of the day, which was certainly more noisy than any of the traffic noise! That being said, the room was one of the quieter ones we've stayed in at the YC. We don't really care about daytime noise, as long as it's quiet at night while we're trying to sleep we're happy! We did have a connecting door in our room, but we never heard anything from next door. The neighbors all around were all super quiet at night, which we haven't always had luck with in the last few years.

The room itself was great, seemed larger than others we've stayed in at the YC/BC. It was one of the few rooms at the YC we've had with a daybed. The room also had a tub, we've yet to stay in a room there with a shower only. There were more items in the vanity kit than previous years. We're used to only getting shampoo, conditions, and body wash, but this year we had mouthwash, lotion, a shower cap, and a kit with stuff like q-tips, cotton, etc. I'll post some pictures of the room once I get them all downloaded!

We did have one issue on our last day with mousekeeping. It was actually pretty ridiculous. We came back to our room at 3:00 after doing the EEMH at HS so we had been gone for over 9 hours and were exhausted and just wanted to rest for a bit. Well, we got to our room just as mousekeeping did, so she asked if it was our room we were heading towards, to which we said yes thinking she would give us the option of skipping the cleaning so we could rest. Instead, she gets all pissy and proclaims we can't come in and proceeds to pull her cart right up against the door so we couldn't access it and slams the door. We were running on fumes at that point and weren't really functioning, so just went to sit down and wait (in retrospect I wish we had just gone in the room and kicked the woman out). After about 10 minutes the woman pokes her head out and sees we're still there and snaps "it's going to be a long time!" Now I'm sure that she probably had more rooms to clean that day than there was time in the day so I get not always being in a great mood and not always doing the right thing, but this was kind of extreme.

A few minutes later a manager ended up coming by, so we explained to her what happened, so she ended up going into the room to talk to the woman, and ended up coming out a few minutes later to apologize, but unfortunately the woman had taken all the linen down and it was thrown around the room so she said it would be another 20 minutes or so and asked if we could go downstairs to hang out for a bit. This would have been a fine option, but my mom is getting over a broken foot and was really struggling to walk so didn't want to hike all the way back downstairs at that point. So we ended up just waiting in the hall for our room to be ready. It was such a downer to end the trip like that, but we got over it in time to check out the new fireworks!

I realize now that I wrote this that there is a lot of writing dedicated to the one bad thing that happened, but it really was a fantastic trip and even with the issue at the end of the trip, YC is still our favorite!

Hi! I read somewhere else some guests who were booked for BC are being moved to the yacht club side. Is the club lounge being refurbished??? Or is something else going on

Hi! I read somewhere else some guests who were booked for BC are being moved to the yacht club side. Is the club lounge being refurbished??? Or is something else going on

To clarify, I believe the people who are being moved had booked BC Club Level. I think they were offered free room service or the option to move to YC Club Level.

Just didn't want people to think it was regular BC rooms. (Although I know you asked whether the club lounge is being refurbished, so maybe it was obvious.)

I didn't pay attention to their dates.

Just got back from a fantastic week at the YC! We were in room 4184, which looked out over the porte cochere. <snip> The room itself was great, seemed larger than others we've stayed in at the YC/BC. It was one of the few rooms at the YC we've had with a daybed. The room also had a tub, we've yet to stay in a room there with a shower only.

Out of curiosity, was this a two-Queen room? Because in all our trips to YC, we’ve never had a tub, we’ve always had a shower only, and only once have we had a daybed, but we always request a king room, so I was wondering if that’s the connection?

Out of curiosity, was this a two-Queen room? Because in all our trips to YC, we’ve never had a tub, we’ve always had a shower only, and only once have we had a daybed, but we always request a king room, so I was wondering if that’s the connection?

Yup, two Queens and the daybed. Wonder if there is a connection with the shower only and the king room.

Most King rooms have the shower, only, while most Queen/Queen rooms have the bath/shower combo.

Sitting at the airport after our wonderful 14 nights at Beach Club. I’m pleased that my boyfriend loved it’s much as I do! We already had 10 nights booked for next year as we were also going to do three nights at universal, but we’re sitting here discussing extending it to 14 nights at BC instead 😂

Only a couple of minor issues to mention...
1. limited options in food courts, especially for vegetarians, which we are.
2. We had an adjoining door in our room and we could hear everything the neighbours were saying - it’s really not particularly soundproofed. As we went to bed before them most nights (we are early risers/ like to do rope drop) this was quite disturbing.
3. We were at the Epcot end of the resort and I was repeatedly woken at midnight by the practice fireworks for Epcot Forever. Obviously this won’t affect anyone from now on but was hard work last week. I mentioned it to a manager and we were given a small room credit but I would rather have had the sleep!
And 4. we had a 7.10pm ADR at the Yacht-club steakhouse last night... I booked early because we wanted to see Epcot Forever as it would be our only opportunity. We didn’t get seated until 7.35. By 7.55 we still hadn’t seen our waiter. It was hideously slow (fab food though!) and we finally got out at 9.20! That was just two courses. I would go again but not on a night where I had other plans 🤦‍♀️😂

Last edited:
Hi! I just saw a picture on Twitter of massive crowds waiting for the skyliner at the International Gateway, which doesn’t make me happy to see. I’m wondering what the IG looks like in the mornings? Walking to Epcot has always been such a treat when staying at YC/BC. If anyone’s there anytime soon maybe you can report back?

Last edited:
Hi! I just saw a picture on Twitter of massive crowds waiting for the skyliner at the International Gateway, which doesn’t make me happy to see. I’m wondering what the IG looks like in the mornings? Waking to Epcot has always been such a treat when staying at YC/BC. If anyone’s there anytime soon maybe you can report back?
I am curious too ! We leave next Wednesday for Beach Club . I hope our mornings to Epcot will not be a huge mess

Can anyone tell me a couple of room numbers at BC which are Pool/Lagoon view and also have a daybed? Makes it easier when I put in my room request on TP. Thanks!

Hi! I just saw a picture on Twitter of massive crowds waiting for the skyliner at the International Gateway, which doesn’t make me happy to see. I’m wondering what the IG looks like in the mornings? Walking to Epcot has always been such a treat when staying at YC/BC. If anyone’s there anytime soon maybe you can report back?
We are just home and went to epcot twice - once the day the skyliner opened, and yesterday. The day it opened wasn’t great - 5 or 6 security lines and they all had about 8 people in them. People were flooding in off the skyliner. This was at 845am. Yesterday we didn’t go in until 10am and it was pretty much a walk through.

Another thing to note is the effect on DHS... on Saturday morning we arrived at 7am by boat and walked in through empty security lines. We arrived again at 7am on Monday (skyliner opened Sunday) and it was horrendous. Took us 15 minutes to get through bag check and the only difference is the skyliner. People from the resorts on the DHS line were flooding in as that line opens at 515am and it’s so much faster than any other transport. On the other hand, the Epcot skyliner station doesn’t open until 8am, and so we couldn’t use it to get to DHS at that time (this would have required a change over at CBR, but judging by our journey the day before would have been quicker than waiting for the boat). To be honest we were a little peeved that people paying a premium to stay at Epcot resorts can’t use the skyliner to get to DHS for opening, but people at the value and moderate resorts can.

Landed an okay AP discount for YC for Jan 23-27, 2020 but the offer had been pulled by the time I checked for our April dates so we’re at CSR then (at least until the AP rates come back online).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter