Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Anyone want to wager a guess on whether or not these pool hours will continue into October?
I'm thinking no.

Looking at October hours for the last two years, they have been 9 am to 9 pm, with the pool staying open until 10 on some nights (early in the month, weekends).

:fish:

gillep

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking no.

Looking at October hours for the last two years, they have been 9 am to 9 pm, with the pool staying open until 10 on some nights (early in the month, weekends).

Yes, we were there in early October last year and the hours posted here are what we experienced. I think it was the same the previous year as well.

2022 Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Packages Available
Guests looking to plan ahead can now book 2022 Walt Disney World Resort vacation packages for arrivals beginning January 1, 2022!
Get a Quote

Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking no.

Yes, we were there in early October last year and the hours posted here are what we experienced. I think it was the same the previous year as well.
Thank you both.
Bummer though!

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
Anyone want to wager a guess on whether or not these pool hours will continue into October?
We have gone in October for years and have never had pool hours from 9 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. and what is further more irksome was Hurricane Hanna's (bar portion) closed just as Illuminations began along with the pool

TheOneWithTheTriplets

DIS Veteran
@natebenma apologies as I'm several pages behind and not sure if you're still looking for shared balcony info. We were in YC 3176, two queens, daybed, tub/shower, first shared balcony room on the left if you're standing in your doorway looking out to the YC entrance.

I agree with other comments that the noise from the front was noticeable on the balcony. However, it never carried into the room once we sealed the door. We saw evidence that other people were in the rooms as there were a few towels drying, but we never actually saw any other occupants. The kids did see mousekeeping one evening in another room, which they thought was hilarious. The balcony was absolutely enormous and a real godsend to allow the kids to have some space to move.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
@natebenma apologies as I'm several pages behind and not sure if you're still looking for shared balcony info. We were in YC 3176, two queens, daybed, tub/shower, first shared balcony room on the left if you're standing in your doorway looking out to the YC entrance.

I agree with other comments that the noise from the front was noticeable on the balcony. However, it never carried into the room once we sealed the door. We saw evidence that other people were in the rooms as there were a few towels drying, but we never actually saw any other occupants. The kids did see mousekeeping one evening in another room, which they thought was hilarious. The balcony was absolutely enormous and a real godsend to allow the kids to have some space to move.
Thank you so much for this excellent, detailed post and great pictures!

Worth waiting for!!!

If you don't mind, I'll add your post to the YC Room View Thread.

:thanks:

• wannabee

DIS Veteran
    thanks for all the great info in this thread. We just returned from a quick 3 night stay at YC. I had previously stayed at BC once in 2012. The location of these resorts just can't be beat. My only request was king bed which was met. We has room 1054.... ground level looking out to quiet pool. Not the best location on the far end of resort-but I did get what I asked for. I was surprised by the number of barking dogs that I heard during our stay-- I know its pet friendly but there were so many. They have areas of the lobby blocked off for painting which really ruined the look of the lobby. We used storm along bay every day. The weather was incredible - hot but not unbearable and not a drop of rain just blue skies. the crowds are crazy low and were up early every day for EEMH. All staff we encountered were very friendly and we were surprised with some Mickey Chocolate and sweet note for our anniversary. Over all an amazing trip.

• KMarston

DIS Veteran
    We returned yesterday from a 5 night visit to YC. Our first stay in the EPCOT resort area. I have to say that I’m now a huge fan of the YC! Staff was amazing. Food at A&C was better than any of the EPCOT restaurants we tried. We were in room 3149 which was handicapped accessible so I’m not sure how other rooms are laid out. The only complaint I had was the lighting in the bathroom for makeup application was awful but maybe other rooms are better. Actually we booked a SV but had a view of the waterside entrance and SAB and Epcot fireworks. That was a nice treat as we were expecting a dumpster view! We prefer to have a dressing area outside of the bathroom but with only two of us it was doable. We were so close to the elevator! We loved SAB pool and spent every afternoon there! Great time, incredible staff.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    thanks for all the great info in this thread. We just returned from a quick 3 night stay at YC. I had previously stayed at BC once in 2012. The location of these resorts just can't be beat. My only request was king bed which was met. We has room 1054.... ground level looking out to quiet pool. Not the best location on the far end of resort-but I did get what I asked for. I was surprised by the number of barking dogs that I heard during our stay-- I know its pet friendly but there were so many. They have areas of the lobby blocked off for painting which really ruined the look of the lobby. We used storm along bay every day. The weather was incredible - hot but not unbearable and not a drop of rain just blue skies. the crowds are crazy low and were up early every day for EEMH. All staff we encountered were very friendly and we were surprised with some Mickey Chocolate and sweet note for our anniversary. Over all an amazing trip.
    Thanks for the feedback about your stay.

I am also surprised about the number of barking dogs you encountered because we typically don't hear many complaints- I think there were issues with some locals who were staying during the Hurricane Dorian scare-- were you there at that time or later?

If there are complaints about barking dogs, I believe that the owners are required to return to the room within 30 minutes to take care of the pet. IMHO, guests staying with their animals should not be disrupting the enjoyment of other nearby guests. Although guests with dogs can be placed anywhere in the resort, I think the wing you were in is specifically assigned to pet owners when possible since it is first floor and close to a dog relief area.

The YC Room View thread has one (nighttime) (older) picture of the view from Room 1054, but would love to have an updated picture if you have one.

What did you have for furniture in addition to the king bed? Daybed? Chair? Ottoman?

We returned yesterday from a 5 night visit to YC. Our first stay in the EPCOT resort area. I have to say that I’m now a huge fan of the YC! Staff was amazing. Food at A&C was better than any of the EPCOT restaurants we tried. We were in room 3149 which was handicapped accessible so I’m not sure how other rooms are laid out. The only complaint I had was the lighting in the bathroom for makeup application was awful but maybe other rooms are better. Actually we booked a SV but had a view of the waterside entrance and SAB and Epcot fireworks. That was a nice treat as we were expecting a dumpster view! We prefer to have a dressing area outside of the bathroom but with only two of us it was doable. We were so close to the elevator! We loved SAB pool and spent every afternoon there! Great time, incredible staff.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Yacht Club. We hope you are able to return!

What was the bedding in the room? 2 Queen beds? Daybed?

Is there any chance you have a photo of the view that you can post here or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo? - Asked the broken record...

:goodvibes

Last edited:

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    I thought ground floor of the YC was where they try to put the dogs if they can. If I am correct, that would explain the barking.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    I thought ground floor of the YC was where they try to put the dogs if they can. If I am correct, that would explain the barking.
    Yes, and the Quiet Pool rooms at the YC are designated for guests with dogs. The pet relief area is the pathway around the pool.

wannabee

DIS Veteran

I am also surprised about the number of barking dogs you encountered because we typically don't hear many complaints- I think there were issues with some locals who were staying during the Hurricane Dorian scare-- were you there at that time or later?

If there are complaints about barking dogs, I believe that the owners are required to return to the room within 30 minutes to take care of the pet. IMHO, guests staying with their animals should not be disrupting the enjoyment of other nearby guests. Although guests with dogs can be placed anywhere in the resort, I think the wing you were in is specifically assigned to pet owners when possible since it is first floor and close to a dog relief area.

The YC Room View thread has one (nighttime) (older) picture of the view from Room 1054, but would love to have an updated picture if you have one.

What did you have for furniture in addition to the king bed? Daybed? Chair? Ottoman?

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Yacht Club. We hope you are able to return!

Is there any chance you have a photo of the view that you can post here or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo? - Asked the broken record...

Room 1054 has a chair with ottoman.

KMarston

DIS Veteran

We had two queens and I large sofa that flipped into a bed. (Different than a pullout) Looks like it would have been comfortable. I didn’t get pictures of the view! I’ll ask my husband tomorrow if he got one. We could see fireworks from Illuminations. I had such great plans to take great photos as it’s the first trip in forever that I didn’t have to have my hands tied up with keeping up with a child! It didn’t happen though!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    We had two queens and I large sofa that flipped into a bed. (Different than a pullout) Looks like it would have been comfortable. I didn’t get pictures of the view! I’ll ask my husband tomorrow if he got one. We could see fireworks from Illuminations. I had such great plans to take great photos as it’s the first trip in forever that I didn’t have to have my hands tied up with keeping up with a child! It didn’t happen though!
    I appreciate the additional info!

No problem with the photos. Glad you were distracted from enjoying your child-free trip!

As it turns out, someone just posted the view from 2149 on the YC View thread, so that will give people a pretty good idea of what your view was.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES