Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
Page 1532-1533

Have a fantastic trip!

:woohoo:

I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip in spite of and probably due to the concern about Dorian.

Thanks for the excellent, detailed description of your room. Of course, I want to hear more! Did the room have a daybed, chair, ottoman, desk/table? Did the bathroom have a tub/shower combo or shower only?

Do you happen to have a picture of the view that you could post or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo?

:goodvibes
Chair/ottoman - no daybed. Shower only. Sorry I didn’t take a pic of the view this time. It’s an okay view, looking over the back bit of the gazebo and across at the building on the other side. Nothing spectacular but better than a roof or dumpsters. :-)

shoreward

DIS Veteran
I am STILL trying to wrap my head around the X163 rooms...

Room 5163- YC Club Level

Just windows, no balcony at all???

Is this considered a water view or garden view or standard view

Here is the floor layout map, but I can't tell which color 5163 corresponds to in the key.

Standard Club, Standard Club with Tub with Handrails or Lagoon Club, Tub with Handrails

View attachment 433838

I really don't see many reviews/comments about this room from guests who have been assigned there. I have always wondered if maybe this room is used less frequently than other YC CL WV rooms.

Rooms 4163, 3163, 2163-
Full balconies, but smaller than the regular YC balconies
If you have stayed in any of these rooms, could you provide a description/pictures.

Room 1163- patio
Does anyone have a description or picture from this room?

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
Thanks for the review! We are requesting a king and have that category booked. Did you have a full balcony? Also, was it noisy by the elevator?
Full balcony, with an opening on the right side since there’s no room there. Very nice. View is average, but okay. Elevator isn’t noisy at all...it’s the people waiting for it, so no way to predict.

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Thanks for that trip into the way-back machine!

I'm still not sure I have the answer to my question about view type with any confidence. At first they thought SV, then WV. I do remember an "argument" on this thread (I think one of the previous versions) about whether the room was WV or GV, since the windows overlook the wedding gazebo.

For the record- I always believed it was water view.

:confused:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Chair/ottoman - no daybed. Shower only. Sorry I didn’t take a pic of the view this time. It’s an okay view, looking over the back bit of the gazebo and across at the building on the other side. Nothing spectacular but better than a roof or dumpsters. :-)
    :thanks:

tarak

DIS Veteran
    Two weeks ago I returned from a trip where we stayed at AKL. We hadn't stayed there in a while and our last several trips have been to the BC or BWI. I wanted to post a few thoughts we had while there. We love AKL because it's so relaxing and seeing a zebra a few hundred feet off the balcony just can't be beat. That said, I will only stay there again if we don't have park plans.

1. You cannot beat having the ability to walk to Epcot and DHS (although my kids complained about the walk to DHS because they are weak). Every time we left Epcot, all I could think was, if we were staying at BC or BWI, we'd be in our room in five minutes. Staying at AKL, all I could say was we'd be at the bus stop in five minutes. Ditto DHS. I'd happily walk back to BC from DHS, even in August, to avoid the busses. We ended up taking Lyft half the time because I just couldn't take the busses anymore. And we didn't even have to wait very long. It was just so much faster with a car.

2. If you're taking the bus to Disney Springs or a park, you have three destinations from which to choose. During our BWI stay, we'd take the BWI bus or hop over to Swan/Dolphin or BC/YC, depending on which bus showed up first.

3. The pool at AKL is lovely, but it's not Stormalong Bay. I really, really missed that sand bottom. We really loved the slide at BWI, too, creepy clown and all. But again, it's not SAB.

We're planning to go back in the summer of 2021. I might start our trip with three days at AKL and no park plans. After that, I'm really torn between BC and BWI. If I can swing it, I want to stay CL, and the club lounge at BWI is hands down my favorite. The food was amazing and the staff were superb. But I truly missed SAB and the BC.

Maxie86

DIS Veteran
    A little more information on the CL shared balcony rooms. Room #5176 has a tub/shower combo. Room #5178 has two queens, a day bed and shower only.

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Two weeks ago I returned from a trip where we stayed at AKL.

*snip*
    We miss you!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at AKL and to provide a comparison with stays at BC and BW. I have added a link to your post to the section that has resort comparisons (Page 1, Post 16)

tarak

DIS Veteran
    We miss you!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at AKL and to provide a comparison with stays at BC and BW. I have added a link to your post to the section that has resort comparisons (Page 1, Post 16)

I also missed that beach club lobby scent. I can't recall why, but we did walk through the lobby at one point and it was so nice!

• Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
    We do this all the time, since normally we leave after work and don’t land at MCO until after midnight. DH can’t see paying YC prices for that first night. We Uber/Lyft over to YC in the morning and drop bags with bell services if our YC room isn’t ready yet. Works really well. ASMo was just renovated, and the rooms are really nice.
    We stayed at Pop for our first night when we did YC CL last month. Worked really well. We're doing All Star Sports for the first night for our December BWI CL trip. I'm with your DH on the value.

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
    We stayed at Pop for our first night when we did YC CL last month. Worked really well. We're doing All Star Sports for the first night for our December BWI CL trip. I'm with your DH on the value.
    Switch to Movies if you can. Freshly renovated, whereas the Sports rooms are looking a little worn and rundown.

♥ Mandi ♥

Mouseketeer
    Hi guys!

About 8 weeks out from our 3 WEEK LONG (!!!) BCV stay!

I’m having some anxiety regarding room size.

Last year, my family of 5 shared a 2 bedroom villa with my parents. We stayed for 2 weeks so as you can imagine it was a pricey stay.

This year, we decided we’d like to lengthen our stay but the only feasible way for us to do that financially was to go to a studio.

My mom is joining us this year; it will also be my DH, 18 year old stepdaughter and my 2 boys; the oldest just turned 5 in August and the baby will be 2 a few days before we leave.

They allowed us to book all 6 of us into the studio but now I’m worried that just because they let us do this, we probably shouldn’t have pushed it.

How on Earth do they figure the room can only fit 5, but throw a baby in a huge crib in and that’s fine?!

Has anyone ever fit 5 plus an infant in a studio before? Am I correct that there is only one bed and a pull out couch? And where does the crib rental go?! Will it block access to the bathroom and/or front door?

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    About 8 weeks out from our 3 WEEK LONG (!!!) BCV stay! ... My mom is joining us this year; it will also be my DH, 18 year old stepdaughter and my 2 boys; the oldest just turned 5 in August and the baby will be 2 a few days before we leave... Has anyone ever fit 5 plus an infant in a studio before? Am I correct that there is only one bed and a pull out couch? And where does the crib rental go?! Will it block access to the bathroom and/or front door?
    The BCV studio has a queen size bed, a double-size pull-out couch, and a 29" x 67" bed under the TV that pulls down from the wall. I assume you and DH will take the bed, your mother and stepdaughter will take the pull-out couch, the five-year old will take the bed that pulls down under the TV, and the baby will be in the crib.

I was in a studio in August but I did not have the couch open or the bed pulled down, so I don't know how much room there is when they are down.

I can't think where you would put the crib without blocking access to the bathroom or front door.

Are you aware of the bathroom situation? One room has the shower/tub combo and toilet; that room has a door. The sink is between that room and the closet. It is not a double sink. The closet is small and has a folding door. I would think it would take a long time to get 5 people plus a two-year-old ready in the morning with that bathroom situation.

Even if you can figure out where to put a crib, I don't know where you will put your clothes. There isn't enough drawer space to unpack. There is no dresser. The drawers in the room are:
    a) There are 4 drawers on the sides of the tv (2 on either side). They are a strange shape. 19 ½ x 8 and 9 ¼ inches high. Make sure you read that correctly - the drawers are taller than you would expect, and not as deep as you would expect.
    b) There is 1 night table. It has 2 drawers. 13 ½ x 14 ½ x 5 high.
    c) There is a coffee table. It has 2 curved drawers. 20 x 11 x 6 high.

And where will you put your suitcases? They won't fit in the closet. You can't put them under the bed.

I'm not sure if you are looking for honesty or enthusiasm. I personally would not put that many people in that room for more than 1 night -- and I think that night would not be fun.

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Per Info provided by @Best Aunt :thanks: there have been changes in the replenishment policies* for BCV and other DVC properties. I have updated the Page 1, Post 9 with the new info.

*There has been a change of policy. You can now get extra towels and extra coffee and coffee supplies (1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners) for free. If you are staying in a 1-bedroom unit or larger, you can now get extra 1-load boxes of laundry detergent for free. In the past, if you were staying on points and you requested these things, you were supposed to have to pay for them, although Disney had been inconsistent as to whether or not you actually were charged.

Is there a new flyer like the one below that I can add to that post?

Saved for Historical Purposes

January 2017

This is directly from the DVC member website regarding toiletries:

Pay As You Play
    With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

• Toiletries Package: $5 - includes 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
    • Coffee Package: $3 - includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
    • Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
    • 2 Bathrobes: $6
    • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
    NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.

Now, as with all things Disney there is a lot of inconsistency, some have had no issues getting more products at no charge whereas others have been charged. You will not receive more automatically outside of your normal housekeeping service.

Housekeeping Info:

If you are not using Disney Vacation Club points and paying "cash" you will have daily housekeeping.

Housekeeping is different using Disney Vacation Club points than when you pay nightly for a hotel room.

Trash & Towel Service - For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four. With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will: Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins, provide fresh bathroom linens, replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap, replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper, replenish prepackaged coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners, replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.

Full Cleaning Service - For stays of eight or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12. With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus: Change the bed linens, vacuum and dust, clean the bathroom(s), clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

You may also choose to pay for daily housekeeping or have additional towels etc. Check with the front desk for information and pricing. 2010 Pricing: Housekeeping Studio Full Cleaning $30; Trash and Towell $15; Laundry Soap $1; Soap and Shampoo Package $5; Extra Towel Package $6 per bathroom; Coffee Package $3.

2011/2012 pricing:

This is posted in the room.

Trash and Towel service is included in all stays of more than four days. If your stay is for less than eight nights, you will receive Trash & Towel service on day four. If your stay is for eight nights or longer, you will receive a full cleaning service on day four, and Trash & Towel service on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day twelve. Day one is check-in day. Daily housekeeping can be arranged and paid for at time of check-in. The following rates are subject to change:

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
    Studio - $30.00 for each day requested
    One-Bedroom - $45.00 for each day requested
    Two-Bedroom - $60.00 for each day requested
    Three-Bedroom - $75.00 for each day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
    Studio - $15.00 for each day requested
    One-Bedroom - $20.00 for each day requested
    Two-Bedroom - $25.00 for each day requested
    Three-Bedroom - $35.00 for each day requested

Special Thanks to bytheblood for the information about Beach Club Villas

Last edited:

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    When I was in a BCV studio in August 2019, I took a picture of the amenity list, which is on the inside of the door of the cabinet under the sink. Unfortunately, it's a bad picture. But it definitely is newer than the one @natebenma has. Maybe somebody who goes there can take a better picture.

It is dated 05/21/2019. The one @natebenma has is dated 12/03/2013.

If you look at it on a phone (rather than a desktop) you might be able to get in close enough to read it.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS