Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Any recent info on the minor rehab being done at the BC? I know they were supposed to be working on wi fi. Anyone know if they are doing anything else? I was wondering if they would be taking out the carpet while they’re at it.

We made reservations for this weekend (this morning)because of the storm. As far as I know, I still have to work this weekend (in sight of EPCOT), but wanted my family to be closer to work so we wouldn’t get separated by the storm. [I’m cautious about the storm, especially with the newer (stronger) forecast. But I’m not panicked yet. The panic will occur when meteorologist Tom Terry of Channel 9 removes his coat and tie AND rolls up his sleeves. Then I’ll know it’s serious.] I’ll keep a lookout for you, if nothing else, just to say hi!

Sending along positive vibes that you and your family stay safe over the weekend!

:goodvibes

I have not seen any info that indicates where the FriendShip boats will originate on the super early departures to HS. With the current location for boarding the boats at EP (post Security/bag check, when entering at IG), the logistics would require CMs to be present during the middle of the night to block entrance to EP. Of course, the boats might just originate at the Boardwalk, to simplify matters.

shoreward, IIRC, there is a gate that spans the walkway to EP prior to security. This is closed and latched at some point after closing and opens a couple of hours prior to EP opening. The gate is located at the point where the upright posts span the walkway to prohibit surrey bikes from going too far down the walkway.

shoreward, IIRC, there is a gate that spans the walkway to EP prior to security. This is closed and latched at some point after closing and opens a couple of hours prior to EP opening. The gate is located at the point where the upright posts span the walkway to prohibit surrey bikes from going too far down the walkway.
Is the gate located right at the bottom of the bridge from the BC and before the building where the World Traveler shop is located? If so, that probably blocks access to the boats.

I believe it is around $2.95 per gallon. Keep in mind that you can refill water bottles for free at either the YC or BC market's Coke Freestyle machines.

I didn't know this, but makes sense. Anyone know if there is a lingering taste from the soda and other beverages dispensed by the machine?

:drinking1

I didn't know this, but makes sense. Anyone know if there is a lingering taste from the soda and other beverages dispensed by the machine?

It has no lingering taste from any other beverage dispensed from the machine...it tastes like ice cold water. It is such an improvement over the water from the drinking fountains!

I have not tried the Coke freestyle machines at Yacht Club or Beach Club. But I have tried the one in the DVC lounge in Epcot. Sometimes my drink tasted like someone else's drink.

Is the gate located right at the bottom of the bridge from the BC and before the building where the World Traveler shop is located? If so, that probably blocks access to the boats.

It is midway down the walkway between BC bridge and EP. Well before the Friendship Boats and World Traveler or the new Skyliner for that matter.

I have not tried the Coke freestyle machines at Yacht Club or Beach Club. But I have tried the one in the DVC lounge in Epcot. Sometimes my drink tasted like someone else's drink.
I usually run water about 10 seconds with no mug/cup underneath the spout on all Freestyle machines. I feel like there may always be some remnant of the prior drink so I try to flush it out the best that I can. The machine usually starts dispensing with syrup and ends with water/carbonated water, but I like to be extra cautious. There are so many wacky flavors you can make and I do not want it tainting my Coke Zero :cloud9:

I do find the water filtration is much better than the regular machines. MK water is usually terrible and I can actually drink the GF's Freestyle water without being reminded of Splash Mountain.

Hi guys and gals-only 2 days to go and I'm so nervous right now. There is so much going on-SWGE-MNSSHP-F&W and now DORIAN!

We are coming in on Saturday and we already know that some of our plans might be cancelled and we will be on lock down in the room. I'm now going to be taking along an extra carry on to include some food/snacks, uno cards, battery packs, and some of those battery candles - my own hurricane preparedness kit. My question will be about drinks and water-is that something I should be trying to have delivered or should we be ok with just getting drinks from the QS location or market? Anything else I need to bring to be prepared?

Hi guys and gals-only 2 days to go and I'm so nervous right now. There is so much going on-SWGE-MNSSHP-F&W and now DORIAN!

We are coming in on Saturday and we already know that some of our plans might be cancelled and we will be on lock down in the room. I'm now going to be taking along an extra carry on to include some food/snacks, uno cards, battery packs, and some of those battery candles - my own hurricane preparedness kit. My question will be about drinks and water-is that something I should be trying to have delivered or should we be ok with just getting drinks from the QS location or market? Anything else I need to bring to be prepared?
It’s probably overkill but I am packing a small cooler to fill with ice Incase we loose power. I can’t have my coffee creamer going bad. 😜

I don’t know how much water they have in the gift shops, and everyone will want it. But if you have it delivered, locals will be buying from the stores also.

Another question: So I'm finally ready to book my hotel and I was leaning towards the Beach Club just because it seems more "us" then the YC but the BC only has standard view left. However, the YC has a garden view (water view isn't available at either but I'm also too cheap to pay it. LOL) and this is our 1st stay at deluxe and while yes it's a short 3 night stay I've seen some of the bad standard view views at the BC so now I'm unsure which to pick!
UGH I'm so tired of my indecisiveness I'm getting on my own nerves! :headache: I thought maybe someone else's thoughts or opinions would help me.
I know we will likely love either but since I've talked my DH into a splurge I'd hate to have a really awful view. Maybe he won't care he's mostly interested in the hot tub at the quiet pool anyway!
Definitely stick with BC- my family surprised me and said they are glad I chose BC- switched 3x!!! I loved YC shower set up, and guarantee of balcony- we got a full balcony at BC and loved it- but only went out on it twice! We rarely looked at view after the first day...while I will definitely try YC one day- it’ll be BC or Poly for us when we choose Deluxe 😁😁 Both just give you a happy homey feeling!!

People sometimes ask about the ground floor rooms at the Beach Club.

First of all, if you want to go outside through the patio door, you must unlock the door from the inside. If you go out that door, the door cannot be locked from the outside. Thus your whole group cannot go out the patio door. I suppose some of your group could go out the patio door as long as at least one person was inside to lock the patio door behind you.

Second of all, sometimes there are bushes in front of your patio, like this:

Third of all, when people who are staying in the Beach Club Villas take the shortcut to Epcot, they walk on a sidewalk which goes right past the patios of some of the people who have Beach Club ground floor rooms, like this:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h74hXu]

Fourth of all, when I take that shortcut, I am always freaked out by the woodsy area across from some of those patios. I always imagine people or animals are down there:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h752fM]

Definitely once saw a 3-4 foot long black snake sunning itself on a rock there once. Since then, always use the quiet pool entrance.

If one had water view, which would have a better view of the Boardwalk across Crescent Lake, YC or BC?
It depends on the water view you get...both resorts face the Boardwalk, though BC rooms are more angled towards the DVC side (Crest O' The Wave, Jellyrolls, The Dance Hall), whereas Yacht Club rooms are more angled towards the inn side (Flying Fish, Ample Hills, ESPN). Remember though, a water view will not promise you a view of the Boardwalk (see my soon-to-come mini-trip report). If you book and want one, I'd request, "Clear view of Boardwalk, please." One other thing to note, on my many trips to BC and YC, I've found that BC has more vegetation, so the odds of a tree blocking your view are more likely there (again, see my soon-to-come report).

Any recent info on the minor rehab being done at the BC? I know they were supposed to be working on wi fi. Anyone know if they are doing anything else? I was wondering if they would be taking out the carpet while they’re at it.

I'll mention it in my upcoming mini trip report, but, SPOILER ALERT....it was the worst Wifi we've ever encountered in a hotel at BC.

We returned on Monday from a nice long WDW trip, celebrating our 1st anniversary, and we stayed at BC. I thought I'd share a few of our thoughts. We really love BC/YC, and the entire Epcot resort loop, but on this trip, staying at BC, to be honest, we fell a little more in love with YC and BWI.

We were in room 2565, which is a water view corner room, and the oddest hotel room we've ever stayed in. You enter to a very long hallway, with nothing in it other than the closet, and the entrance to the bathroom. This particular bathroom had only one sink, which made getting ready less easy. Anyway, the hallway led to the bedroom area, which we found really small. There was no cute Mickey & Minnie artwork hanging, and there was no couch, or separate bureau for the fridge, which meant the fridge ate up a whole bunch of valuable storage space in the actual armoire underneath the TV. Also, without the fridge bureau, the ice bucket, Keurig, cups, mugs, and coffee pods had to go on the desk, taking up all the valuable horizontal space on the desk. The room had a king bed, 2 end tables, and a chair, which partially blocked the door to the balcony.

The room had a HUGE balcony that stretched for roughly 20 feet and had a gorgeous view of the lighthouse in the distance. There was also a window along the wall leading to the balcony, which afforded the same view, allowing us to see the lighthouse from our bed. :lovestruc

Then there was the worst window ever.

There was a window facing our bed with the most stunning, panoramic view of the Boardwalk outside it. We think. Unfortunately, this window was completely blocked by a tree. This is not the first time at BC that a tree has blocked what could have been a postcard-perfect view. But we couldn't complain, as the view from the balcony was perfect. I just happen to think the BWI is the most beautiful resort in terms of architecture and lighting, so I was disappointed to not be able to see it from our room.

The pool was perfect as usual, and the staff at BC couldn't have been better, as we've always found them. Housekeeping was wonderful to us, even leaving us a nice little note on our last night. We were disappointed that the entire 11 nights we were there, one of the two freestyle machines was not making ice, and frequently, completely down, making the lines for the working machine horrendous. Had we known this would be the case, we wouldn't have purchased the mugs. Also, I don't know what they did with the WiFi in the recent mini-rehab, but the WiFi was terrible. It worked just fine when we visited other resorts (YC, BWI, GF, Poly), but we kept getting thrown off of it at BC.

It sounds like I'm being overly negative, and I want to disclaimer that BC is near and dear to my heart, and always will be, and we will most definitely stay again at some point, but we found ourselves missing YC on this trip. As every comparison of the two resorts has said....it's just quieter! We also like the room renovations there, especially the shower-heads, the walk-in showers, and the thoughtfulness put into how storage space is provided. We also haven't stayed at BWI in years, but since we ate and enjoyed cocktails over there most nights, we may do a split-stay next time and spend a few nights there.

BC is still one of the most beautiful resorts on property with a staff to match and we highly recommend it to anyone we talk to.

Here are some room pics, and Dee, feel free to use them wherever you want to! (I'm not sure why some of the pics are coming out sideways. If anyone knows how to fix this, let me know!)430868430869430870430871430872430873430874

Last edited:
Hi! We need to add 2 days to our upcoming September trip. Do most of the standard garden views sleep 5? I know if I book through WDW I can be guaranteed a room for 5 but priceline has a good discount on right now and I want to know what my odds were of getting a room for 5. :)

Last edited:
It’s probably overkill but I am packing a small cooler to fill with ice Incase we loose power. I can’t have my coffee creamer going bad. 😜
Disney resorts utilize underground power lines and backup generating systems that make it very unlikely that they would lose power as a result of a storm. There is definitely a storm contingency plan in place so have faith that you will be ok.

That being said, there are still local outages that can occur from time to time. Recently a transformer blew up and caused a regional outage in the Disney Springs area. This outage did not last long.

By all means stay in touch with the CM's at the resort and follow their recommendations for storm management procedures. I'd also pack some head lamps with spare batteries, an external, rechargeable phone battery pack, large jugs of liquor and some games and card decks for entertainment just in case the power goes out.

716806_color-blackorange.jpg

At the height of the storm, Disney will probably restrict people to their rooms. so snacks and beverages are also good things to have on hand. In the past, when the storm has eased up, people were allowed to go to the food court but they only had overpriced, sad, box lunches for purchase.

With proper planning, yours can be the party room with the right snacks. Salsa, Chips and Pop Tarts SCREAM Storm Fiesta food. If you have a loaf of bread, some cheese slices, butter, aluminum foil, and a working iron you can set up your own grilled cheese concession and make back all that money you spent on that fancy Disney resort room. Heat up some tomato soup with that microwave you've requested from housekeeping and you might just make enough to afford a 7 night, Adventures by Disney, excursion. Be advised though that if you are staying at Club Level, those customers expect bacon and tomato in their ironing board charcuterie, so stock up on them in advance.

Another pro tip is to pack extra shoes in case you encounter some of those legendary storm puddles sometimes experienced at WDW. If you do go to the parks and it's raining I'd throw a pair of flip flops in a backpack that you can switch out with your sneakers in case you need to keep the sneaks dry and the puddles/rain are getting deep.

So those are your "Hurricane happenin' durin' my Disney Vacation" tips. A little preparation and some mad marketing skillz can make your vacation profitable and unforgettable.

~NM

Disney resorts utilize underground power lines and backup generating systems that make it very unlikely that they would lose power as a result of a storm. There is definitely a storm contingency plan in place so have faith that you will be ok.

That being said, there are still local outages that can occur from time to time. Recently a transformer blew up and caused a regional outage in the Disney Springs area. This outage did not last long.

By all means stay in touch with the CM's at the resort and follow their recommendations for storm management procedures. I'd also pack some head lamps with spare batteries, an external, rechargeable phone battery pack, large jugs of liquor and some games and card decks for entertainment just in case the power goes out.

View attachment 430875

At the height of the storm, Disney will probably restrict people to their rooms. so snacks and beverages are also good things to have on hand. In the past, when the storm has eased up, people were allowed to go to the food court but they only had overpriced, sad, box lunches for purchase.

With proper planning, yours can be the party room with the right snacks. Salsa, Chips and Pop Tarts SCREAM Storm Fiesta food. If you have a loaf of bread, some cheese slices, butter, aluminum foil, and a working iron you can set up your own grilled cheese concession and make back all that money you spent on that fancy Disney resort room. Heat up some tomato soup with that microwave you've requested from housekeeping and you might just make enough to afford a 7 night, Adventures by Disney, excursion. Be advised though that if you are staying at Club Level, those customers expect bacon and tomato in their ironing board charcuterie, so stock up on them in advance.

Another pro tip is to pack extra shoes in case you encounter some of those legendary storm puddles sometimes experienced at WDW. If you do go to the parks and it's raining I'd throw a pair of flip flops in a backpack that you can switch out with your sneakers in case you need to keep the sneaks dry and the puddles/rain are getting deep.

So those are your "Hurricane happenin' durin' my Disney Vacation" tips. A little preparation and some mad marketing skillz can make your vacation profitable and unforgettable.

~NM
Great post. Thank you!!
I live in Connecticut, we have had our share of tropical storms but this will be our first hurricane. I’m very happy to hear that we most likely won’t loose power.
We land at 9:20 tomorrow morning and the plan is to head to the grocery store and pick up a few staples. (wine, rum & Diet Coke.) and Maybe a few items with some nutritional value. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter