Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

• disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
    We'll be checking into the YC in 3 weeks. This will be a first stay at the Yacht/Beach Club for us. We have a Garden/Woods view booked and I was going to call and put a location request on my reservation. From reviewing other posts and doing some research I think we may like a view of the wedding gazebo. How would I word my request if I'd like to look toward EPCOT at the gazebo? (Instead of looking at the gazebo from the opposite side. Does that make sense?) To all you YC regulars: Is there a certain location in my category that you would recommend instead and why? We plan to use the path to EPCOT a lot as well as the pool. Thanks!
    I would just request a view of the gazebo. We stayed in a YC GV room and were in room 2093 and had a great view of the gazebo and Crescent Lake. I had requested a view of the gazebo and when we checked in, we were given a view of the tennis courts. We asked to switch - had to wait about an hour - but our request was granted. I loved that room. Aside from the view, since the room was on the second floor, we didn’t have to take the elevators, we could just use the stairs. The room was also close to the lobby; some of the hallways can be looooong.

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
    We are all checked in! Got meds by ubering to CVS in Celebration..they do deliver using their app but Shippd charges $45..Uber was less than 20. We are in room 2622...overlooks a garden and gazebo...beautiful and has a big balcony..but the number is so special to us, for years our daughter has felt the number 26 is a special sign of goodness- I even thought of requesting a room with that number in it but felt silly. It was a sweet surprise to see our room started with 26!! This has been an inside family quirk for over 10 years. 😁
    Took us an hour to get from plane to hotel..we only had carry-ons. Bus stopped at CBR first and we saw the skyliners in action, then BW, then BC..tomorrow is Cabana day!! I will relish the rest! Everyone loves the hotel! “Every little detail is so cute!!” So excited to be here!!! Wearing our Auburn shirts!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    First and foremost, I just want to say that the Beach Club is INCREDIBLE! Here is a little pictorial journey of our Fourth of July stay:
    Amazing pictures!!! Thanks so much for taking me (and so many others) to our Happy Place!

:goodvibes

Last edited:

lmhall2000

Glad you are all set with your son's med replacements now you can focus on your quick 4 day visit. Does your room have the elusive "lotion", notepad & pen, and a Bounce Back (BB) offer booklet?

The DIS wants to know the answer to this burning question. :disrocks:

Dave
    I felt so silly, but seriously looked for all three!!! Not any of them! 😂😂 I did bring my sample sizes of L’Occitanre Shea butter I’ve been hoarding- honestly so good and I get them 3/$10 at the outlet 😂
    My truly only complaint is NO covers!!! It feels like I’m sleeping at a prison, there is essentially a super thin blanket sandwiched between two sheets. They really need that nice heavy cotton blanket at the bottom. I could not sleep well at all because the weight of all three of those felt like one sheet..I’m going to message Kim in MDE and see if there is anyway to get a comforter or just get 4 blankets we can double up to give weight to our covers...they definitely need a duvet or down topping. After 12 hours walking yesterday- a nice comfy cover to snuggle into would have made this perfect!!❤❤

lmhall2000

Missed 3 Magic Kingdom buses bc they were full- 2 didn’t stop...glad we got here early..about a 35 minute wait so far to catch a bus...they were hitting YC first..filling up...hoping the 4th bus will let us on- the first bus to open doors only took 20 and about 50 waiting.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    My truly only complaint is NO covers!!! It feels like I’m sleeping at a prison, there is essentially a super thin blanket sandwiched between two sheets. They really need that nice heavy cotton blanket at the bottom. I could not sleep well at all because the weight of all three of those felt like one sheet..I’m going to message Kim in MDE and see if there is anyway to get a comforter or just get 4 blankets we can double up to give weight to our covers...they definitely need a duvet or down topping. After 12 hours walking yesterday- a nice comfy cover to snuggle into would have made this perfect!!❤❤
    There should be an extra blanket in the room; look in drawers and closet. You can request blankets by either calling Housekeeping from your room phone or by leaving a note for Housekeeping, where they will see it - maybe on a pillow or at the sink.

During one of the very cold spells, one January, I requested an extra cover and came back to my room and found the bed made up with an extra blanket.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1507-1508

I've got a couple of longer distance pictures of the BC looking across Crescent Lake. Also, one of the YC and one of the BCVs. I don't think this is what you're really looking for but thought I would send them along just in case!
    Thanks so much! These are beautiful pictures!

:goodvibes

Hi, this is my first post, and I am staying at the Yacht Club for the first time. I booked a garden/woods view and was hoping for anyone to give me insightful information about Yacht club rooms, the resort, or anything else I need to know. I am staying Nov. 26th to Dec. 1st.
    :welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As suggested, we recommend that you start by checking out Page 1- particularly Post 1- Intro, Post 13- FAQ and Post 14- Other Useful Info.

Please let us know if you have any questions between now and your trip.

:cool1:

Thanks!
    Decided to go!
    Having a wheel chair delivered to bell services, have crutches (to hopefully get into pool), a knee brace and shot of something into the knee.
    Dreading the airports but waited so long to try this resort!
    Hope you are having a fabulous time and getting around ok with a little help from your friends.

::yes::

Dave006

DIS Veteran
    Missed 3 Magic Kingdom buses bc they were full- 2 didn’t stop...glad we got here early..about a 35 minute wait so far to catch a bus...they were hitting YC first..filling up...hoping the 4th bus will let us on- the first bus to open doors only took 20 and about 50 waiting.
    On Wednesday's it is always worth it to walk over to the YC Bus stop in the morning since it is EMH at the MK. The park with EMHs is always busy even if it is for EMH evening hours (think resort guests without park-hoppers). Tonight the MK is open until Midnight for resort guests.

Dave

Pooh2

Dis Veteran
    We got back yesterday from our first stay at Beach Club. We loved this resort!

I injured my knee two days before and almost cancelled. My husband was such a good sport, pushing me around in a wheel chair in the heat and humidity.

Walking to Epcot and the Boardwalk was so convenient, especially not having to load a wheel chair onto the bus.

Our kids met up with us one night and we just enjoyed sitting on the boardwalk with pizza, beer and ice cream.

One afternoon while we were at a very empty boardwalk getting lunch from the bakery, Donald Duck and Goofy wandered by and posed with our grandkids who were sound asleep in their stroller.

The quiet pool was cool and refreshing mid-afternoon and we spent several hours in the lazy river and fancy pools each night until they closed at 11.

We dined at Ale and Compass, Beach and Cream (so fun!), and the market place. We walked over to Epcot for breakfast in France, lunch at Le Cellier, dinner at Nine Dragon and Rose and Crown.

Our kids joined us at the parks twice but it was much too hot for babies and they ended up leaving without doing attractions (other than the Baby Care Centers to cool down!).

This will probably our first and last summer visiting due to the heat though we may not have enjoyed the pools as much in the cooler weather.

Would love to do another Boardwalk resort for our Christmas season trip.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS