Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Crazyhorse

Mouseketeer
We love everything about BC except the housekeeping. I think we've had our room serviced exactly twice before 5pm on dozens and dozens of stays. We've had it done as late as 9pm. I don't know why they can't get this together - we have not had this problem at any other Disney hotel.
We've always had good luck with calling housekeeping when we arrive in the room and requesting the room be cleaned by noon for the duration of the stay.

WalkDisneyWorld

Mouseketeer
Hi! We’ll be checking into YC CL a week from tomorrow & are so excited to try this resort for the first time. We’ve actually never stayed at any Epcot area resorts and are looking forward to seeing what that’s like. (Yayyy!). We’ll only be there for one night before heading over to AKL for the rest of the week so our room request doesn’t seem quite as important. However, I was curious if anyone on this thread has had a standard YC CL room that they particularly enjoyed. I’ve researched some room views and am aware of what we could potentially have, but still wondering if anyone has any input before I submit my request. (I can’t believe it’s already that time!) Thank you!:)

adizzle819

Mouseketeer
On a related note- has anyone done the arts & crafts events (Painting in the Vineyard, Decorating a Wine Bottle for example) that they can review?

🎨
My mom and I did the ceramics painting earlier this year. It was great! The price was pretty reasonable (it depended on what you wanted to paint, but I think my mug was around $15?), they provide all the materials you need, and there was no time limit (which was good for me because I like to take my time with things). The only thing to note is that if you do the ceramics, they have to put it in the kiln, so it won't be available for a day or two, so try and do it earlier in the week. All other crafts you can take with you that day. You could also do any of the crafts any day of the week.

• Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
    Hi! We’ll be checking into YC CL a week from tomorrow & are so excited to try this resort for the first time. We’ve actually never stayed at any Epcot area resorts and are looking forward to seeing what that’s like. (Yayyy!). We’ll only be there for one night before heading over to AKL for the rest of the week so our room request doesn’t seem quite as important. However, I was curious if anyone on this thread has had a standard YC CL room that they particularly enjoyed. I’ve researched some room views and am aware of what we could potentially have, but still wondering if anyone has any input before I submit my request. (I can’t believe it’s already that time!) Thank you!:)
    Hi, we've only stayed CL once in a SV and were in room 5176. It is one of the rooms that has the huge balcony for 4 rooms. It overlooks the front of the hotel -- buses, etc. -- but it was a good room. We also liked that it was close, but not too close, to the Lounge. DH and I used the balcony every day and there were never any other people using it -- didn't matter the time of the day. For one night, I don't think I'd be so concerned about the view -- but the proximity to the lounge was very nice.

We're heading back to YC CL SV in August and I can't wait. Hope you have a wonderful stay there before you head off to AKL.

Nicnic

DIS Veteran
    My daughter just did it yesterday and loved every minute of it! There were 8 in her class (not sure if it was “full” but was the perfect size for plenty of individual instruction). Kids ranged in ages from probably 6-12 and should be a decent swimmer as the fins are not easy to maneuver! They got to do several “tricks” like swimming through hoops and you have the option at the end to purchase (or order) your own tail. The class takes place in the pirate slide pool, which was was the only downfall, as I think it would have been better for them to have more room to move around. At the end they had “free swim” and it was a bit crowded with 8 tails swimming about! Happy to answer any additional questions you have!
    Thank you for this info, i was about to ask the same thing.
    Did you pre book before your stay or when you arrived? I was going to book for my dd 8 and dd 15, do you think the 15yo will be too old?
    Also, you mentioned the tail, do you recall how much this was?

Did the evening pirate scavenger hunt? Or did you see any info on it?

Thank you.

WalkDisneyWorld

Mouseketeer
    Hi, we've only stayed CL once in a SV and were in room 5176. It is one of the rooms that has the huge balcony for 4 rooms. It overlooks the front of the hotel -- buses, etc. -- but it was a good room. We also liked that it was close, but not too close, to the Lounge. DH and I used the balcony every day and there were never any other people using it -- didn't matter the time of the day. For one night, I don't think I'd be so concerned about the view -- but the proximity to the lounge was very nice.

We're heading back to YC CL SV in August and I can't wait. Hope you have a wonderful stay there before you head off to AKL.
    Thank you so much for your reply! I’ve seen pictures of those balconies & actually thought they look like fun bc they’re different, but was curious about the proximity to the lounge. So that helps a lot! I agree about the view for one night; we’re just happy to have a chance to try YC out! We usually stay at AKL bc we love it so much, but I thought a one-night addition at the beginning of our trip would be a good way to venture out some & see what we think. I already know that my kids & I have always wanted to try that pool! We may end up wanting to return like you! Hope you have a great trip! :)

Llama mama

Mouseketeer
    We just stayed in 5184 standard CL room and it was fantastic! 8 doors down from lounge it was great location. We overlooked the front valet . It was pretty quiet and for lounge access easy to get to but not too close to be noisy.

• jerseyjersey

Mouseketeer
    For those who’ve had the opportunity to stay CL at both YC and BC in the semi-recent past, would you mind sharing which one you preferred, and why? We are torn! Thanks for any feedback!

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
    On a related note- has anyone done the arts & crafts events (Painting in the Vineyard, Decorating a Wine Bottle for example) that they can review?

🎨
    I am signed up for Painting in the Vineyard next week! I will be sure to report back on how it goes :artist:

All I know right now is that there is no AP/DVC/Disney Visa discount lol

Last edited:

Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
    Thank you for this info, i was about to ask the same thing.
    Did you pre book before your stay or when you arrived? I was going to book for my dd 8 and dd 15, do you think the 15yo will be too old?
    Also, you mentioned the tail, do you recall how much this was?

Did the evening pirate scavenger hunt? Or did you see any info on it?

Thank you.
    We prebooked not long after the class was announced. I’m sure it will be based on the class on any given day what the age range will be, but I’d assume she’d be on the older end? We didn’t purchase a tail there but brought home info to order online (they privide a $10 off discount code at the class) and prices range from $109-119 on their website.

• leholcomb

DIS Veteran
    Booked for Sept 29-Oct 5! First time at YC! We are celebrating 20 years of Disney vacations. Thanks to the notes here, we booked a half day cabana on our SWGE day. Figured we might want to relax after getting up before the crack of dawn-lol. Looking forward to learning more from this group to make the most out of our stay!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1471-1473

We stayed in Yacht Club Room 4216 at the end of May. The room has 2 queen beds, a daybed (or pull-out couch--didn't check out what it made into), shower without tub and sliding door to separate shower and commode from the sink area. The garden view wasn't much to look at; a courtyard area with some grass (didn't pay much attention to it either).
    Thank you for the info about your room.

Any chance that you have a photo of the view that you can post or email to me? beachclubdee at yahoo

:goodvibes

I'm back!!! I'm back!!! :yay::yay::yay:

After some soul - wallet - searching, we decided against Boardwalk Water view and are coming back to our very favorite Yacht Club!!! I was first disappointed because I wanted a boardwalk view, but we can just walk on over if we want. Yacht/Beach was our first trip/resort together and it will be 20 years since that first trip when we go again next May! So of course we should stay there again!

We booked a water view and are so excited to experience the new room decor! And the new restaurant/lounge! A lot has changed since we stayed last.

Please add us to the list - andrea and micky 5/6/20-5/15/20 - Yacht Club!!!

Looking forward to hanging around for the next 11 months! :)
    :welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Any on when beaches and cream will reopen? Dining site wont let me book over christmas....closed thru winter is whatbit said i think....was looking to book for christmas time....thanks.
    :welcome: to posting on this thread!

Is your December trip here or at another resort?

We will post any confirmed info about the Beaches & Cream renovation as soon as we get it.

::yes::

TristiK

Mouseketeer
    Just booked our 2020 trip! Can’t wait to return to our favorite resort! Dee, can you add us to the list? June 7-15, BC CL

Day-Day

DIS Veteran
    Thank you for the info about your room.

Any chance that you have a photo of the view that you can post or email to me? beachclubdee at yahoo

:goodvibes
    Sorry, I did not take a photo of room 4216. Something else I was impressed with though; seems like there were USB and power outlets all over the place making it easy to find a good spot to re-charge devices.

Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
    Sorry, I did not take a photo of room 4216. Something else I was impressed with though; seems like there were USB and power outlets all over the place making it easy to find a good spot to re-charge devices.
    Completely agree! It was even more noticeable to us when we moved over to SSR for the second half of our stay last week, and they had 2 outlets in the kitchenette (none by the bed) and NO USB ports!

Farro

Another day, another confused selfie.
    Along with Annual Passes, resort room rates for 2020 also increased overnight. The word is that the EPCOT resorts went up a bit more, than other Deluxe resorts.

I can say booking room only earlier this year for 2020, my rate is $6115 (yacht, water view, 9 nights, no tickets). Same parameters today and it's $6499. Almost $400 increase. My rate will stay at the cheaper rate as along as I make zero changes.

Not sure what the increase is normally though.

Lalalyn

Mouseketeer
    I've been looking and trying to figure out how long of a walk it will be from BCV to the new Epcot gondola station. We've never stayed at BCV and really want to try it. But, I'm having to convince my DH that we won't have to take a bus to HS . . . a la gondola.

How far is the walk? How would you equate it to to the walk from TTC to Poly?

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
    I've been looking and trying to figure out how long of a walk it will be from BCV to the new Epcot gondola station. We've never stayed at BCV and really want to try it. But, I'm having to convince my DH that we won't have to take a bus to HS . . . a la gondola.

How far is the walk? How would you equate it to to the walk from TTC to Poly?
    The gondola station is located at the International Gateway to EPCOT--maybe 5 mins, longer if you are a dawdler.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS