Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Now if you are talking about the abominations in hair care products they offer at the Value resorts that is a completely different story! I call that combo 'poo/conditioner crap they put in a bottle BRILLO for hair.

When we were at ASmu June 2014 I'm pretty sure we got the H2O products, just the other scent. No weird combo shampoo/conditioner.

~Cari~ pluto:

Sad to sad but still not a dent in my "hoard". Let me put it this way- there is an entire bureau drawer in my closet filled, a large Disney tote bag, and 3 medium sized containers STILL completely full of products. Not to mention I have kept the older kids house supplied with Disney products!

I once made the mistake of saying ( in front if DH) of saying how much I've saved over the years in "free soap". DH pointed out how many thousands of dollars that soap actually cost. Obviously he does not understand "Disney Math"!

Haha...yes, I think I'd get the same response.

Spent the last hour trying to book a F&W Festival Sampler Package for Nov 9th. Dining center rep had never heard of it and said it's not in the system yet. I informed her people were buying it yesterday. After being put on hold several times and three dining reps later they were able to find it and book it for us. Yay! One more thing to look forward to. 99 days can't come fast enough. :)
Here is everything you want to know about special events at 2015 F&W...some of the events' names are really clever.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-special-events/

Are you staying club level? Because by November, I'd guess they'd still be working in he top floor....and maybe the 4th. If you're not staying CL, just request a room on a lower floor. I doubt you'll hear anything. Enjoy, YC is a great choice!

We are reserved for CL in mid-November... How could potential construction effect things, what would they do with us if they're working on the top floor during our stay? This is something I've been biting my nails over lately haha. Just wish we had an idea of what to expect re construction timelines. TIA for any insight or experiences yall can share!

Last edited:
Are you staying club level? Because by November, I'd guess they'd still be working in he top floor....and maybe the 4th. If you're not staying CL, just request a room on a lower floor. I doubt you'll hear anything. Enjoy, YC is a great choice!

Sorry, I missed your reply earlier. No, we're not staying CL. I wish. ;)

Wasn't sure where they were starting to work first in YC. Thanks so much for the information!

Sorry if I've missed it (been on BoG & Minnie Holiday dine watch for our Dec trip :sad2:), but has anyone posted an activities calendar for BC for Aug?

20 more days :cool1:. Yikes! I seriously have to get my classroom set up before my life is overtaken by packing!

Here's part of my hoard - I do actually use the H2O ones, so I need to keep going back to keep a "good supply."

I actually still even have bottles and soaps from our very first trip (1986)- the little black bottles with Mickey saying "Everybody neat and pretty...Then on with the show!" I just can't bring myself to use them.
View attachment 113118 View attachment 113119

I had a stash just like that but it also included products from other places I visit often (I know a sin) until last week. My shelf got so full every time I pulled something off everything fell off so I just decided the heck with it and started using it all. My intentions were always to use them when we went on dive trips since out dive equipment is so heavy we really have to cut back on everything else. Those little bottles fit nicely in our hanging toiletry bags and can in carryon, which is usually always also full of dive equipment like regulators that we don't want to arrive two days after we do so room is very small for anything else. DH didn't like taking such girly stuff so we always use little bottles that we just transfer our regular stuff into instead. I'm sure I'll pick more up on my upcoming Sept. trip.

Sad to sad but still not a dent in my "hoard". Let me put it this way- there is an entire bureau drawer in my closet filled, a large Disney tote bag, and 3 medium sized containers STILL completely full of products. Not to mention I have kept the older kids house supplied with Disney products!

I once made the mistake of saying ( in front if DH) of saying how much I've saved over the years in "free soap". DH pointed out how many thousands of dollars that soap actually cost. Obviously he does not understand "Disney Math"!

I like the way you think! Turndown CM's gave us handfuls of extra shampoos and soaps each night in May. Think of the savings.

We are reserved for CL in mid-November... How could potential construction effect things, what would they do with us if they're working on the top floor during our stay? This is something I've been biting my nails over lately haha. Just wish we had an idea of what to expect re construction timelines. TIA for any insight or experiences yall can share!
Ar you at BC or YC? Check the first post on page one of this thread for the latest and greatest and most accurate up-to-date information on the refurbishment work.
Katesdad

We stayed at GF one times and we left mouse keeping a note and nice tip for some conditioner and got about 50 bottles of it.

Ar you at BC or YC? Check the first post on page one of this thread for the latest and greatest and most accurate up-to-date information on the refurbishment work.
Katesdad

Thanks! We are YC CL mid-November. Haven't seen any refurb updates other than the predictions that it may commence early fall. Just wondering IF they are refurbish YC CL during our stay, what happens for those of us with reservations? I realize I'm probably wasting my time worrying about this before construction even has a set start date, but it does make me a little nervous haha. Curious in general how Disney handles situations where construction will make certain reservations inaccessible--do they move you, refund you, combo of both? Not knowing what to possibly expect is making me crazy!

Thanks! We are YC CL mid-November. Haven't seen any refurb updates other than the predictions that it may commence early fall. Just wondering IF they are refurbish YC CL during our stay, what happens for those of us with reservations? I realize I'm probably wasting my time worrying about this before construction even has a set start date, but it does make me a little nervous haha. Curious in general how Disney handles situations where construction will make certain reservations inaccessible--do they move you, refund you, combo of both? Not knowing what to possibly expect is making me crazy!

Since you have CL you may be lucky enough to be moved over to BC CL new rooms if the Yacht Club floor you were booked on ends up being rehabbed then.

Are there one or two floors at YC which are club level?

I tried figuring out how long for refurb per floor level. My best approximation was 2-3 months per floor. They did tentatively say one year to finish BC, with five floors and Villas.... The club level was first and did take longer, CL guests used a high cost suite temporarily while the normal space was in refurb. Also, the contractor used the wrong type of paint that did not stick to the previous paint, and there was wasted time redoing the door painting. Who knows if other schnanighans had to be corrected.

Originally, the order was BC, BCV, then YC. Now, it seems YC may start before BCV.

No one answers these requests because it is impossible to give the right response, it is a guess based on current word of mouth. The most up to date information is in Post 1 of this thread. We all know that is frustrating, but just the facts.

When I booked first at YC, I found out the refurb order and decided to switch to BC. Now I'm hoping BC refurb will be finished before I get there. I'd rather be in a three year old furnished room in a resort without plastic walls and sounds of construction. Also, this will be our first deluxe stay and we plan on doing just a touch more than sleeping/showering/breakfast during our stay at beach club. If I were to pay for club level for the first time ever, I would not pick a resort that would have refurb scheduled. If I typically booked club level, I might have a more biased feedback based on what I would value most from club level. Unfortunately, we have to wait until our check-in date approaches to know exactly what the displacement of the refurb will be on each of us.

I tried figuring out how long for refurb per floor level. My best approximation was 2-3 months per floor. They did tentatively say one year to finish BC, with five floors and Villas.... The club level was first and did take longer, CL guests used a high cost suite temporarily while the normal space was in refurb. Also, the contractor used the wrong type of paint that did not stick to the previous paint, and there was wasted time redoing the door painting. Who knows if other schnanighans had to be corrected.

Originally, the order was BC, BCV, then YC. Now, it seems YC may start before BCV.

No one answers these requests because it is impossible to give the right response, it is a guess based on current word of mouth. The most up to date information is in Post 1 of this thread. We all know that is frustrating, but just the facts.

When I booked first at YC, I found out the refurb order and decided to switch to BC. Now I'm hoping BC refurb will be finished before I get there. I'd rather be in a three year old furnished room in a resort without plastic walls and sounds of construction. Also, this will be our first deluxe stay and we plan on doing just a touch more than sleeping/showering/breakfast during our stay at beach club. If I were to pay for club level for the first time ever, I would not pick a resort that would have refurb scheduled. If I typically booked club level, I might have a more biased feedback based on what I would value most from club level. Unfortunately, we have to wait until our check-in date approaches to know exactly what the displacement of the refurb will be on each of us.

Thank you! I realize nobody can give me any firm answers, particularly since there are so many variables involved with timing, etc. Your response gave me a better feel for some potential possibilities. I am definitely being neurotic, as this is our first time staying deluxe. Will just buckle up and wait it out.

Also this thread has been so great--everyone is so informative and helpful. As mentioned, this is our first time doing deluxe and I'm new around here, but have already felt so welcomed and learned so much over the past few day. Thank you all! :)

Clarification: I recall reading the CL guests used a high cost suite temporarily for the lounge area while the normal space was in refurb.

I should add my name to the list -- September 9-12, BC CL. We weren't supposed to go to WDW this year, but we were planning Legoland/Kennedy Space Center and realized we had a few days extra to play with. I was booking our stay before DH even finished the sentence. :P I'm laughing at myself because I am far, far more excited to hang out at the BC than I am for the parks. We adore the YC; this is our first stay on the "other side" and I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter