Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know or know where I can find out the flooring used in the Turret Suites at the Yacht Club. It’s gorgeous. I need it in my house. It’s wood or some kind of fake wood.

Attachments

• F504FB22-5AE6-429B-851A-119042CFB5EB.jpeg
    F504FB22-5AE6-429B-851A-119042CFB5EB.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 31
@natebenma So excited to be returning to the Yacht Club! Please add us to the Be Our Guest list for June 28-July 5 2019! Celebrating our 30th anniversary and bringing our youngest 2 kiddos along! :P

Last edited:

Views from YC CL SV rooms:

@ninafeliz

Thanks for posting those great pictures from room 5186. I have added these to the YC Room view thread.

Do you recall the details on the bedding in this room? 2 Queens or King Bed? Daybed or not?

TIA!

@Laurieannc and @jemtx there are around 10 entries for Yacht Club Standard View club level rooms there. In the Standard View index, these are the room numbers on the 5th floor, 5XXX.

Here is the link for that thread-

https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/
:goodvibes
2 queens and a daybed

Thanks for the welcome!! We were able to switch to YC last night. I am trying to find best counter service options - do any of you have favorites in this area? I think Beaches will be closer when we are there. :(

Back from another wonderful BC stay! Bit bummed because we’ll probably wait 2 years until the next trip.

We took our DD’s best friend with us, so for the first time ever, we booked two rooms (they are 20 now!). They weren’t connecting but they were right next door to one another. We were lucky enough to pretty much have all our requests fulfilled...the other two were lake view on a higher floor, and a full balcony. Rooms 4541 and 4543 were terrific. We were right above the secret entrance. Here’s the view looking straight out:

View attachment 403939

Being that close to Ample Hills is a bit dangerous, though lol! We went twice; that stuff is heavenly!

:sunny:

I'll add this to the BC View thread.

Do you call the bedding in both rooms? Queen beds or King? Daybeds?

What was the coffee maker type?

Thanks, again, for posting!!!

Last edited:

Thanks for the welcome!! We were able to switch to YC last night. I am trying to find best counter service options - do any of you have favorites in this area? I think Beaches will be closer when weare there. :(

The counter service options AT the resort are somewhat limited when compared to the moderate and value resorts (no food court).

You can get quick serve options at the Market at Ale & Compass at the YC, The Beach Club Marketplace or Hurricane Hanna's.

The breakfast offerings at the two Marketplaces are not bad. Several hot items including Mickey Waffles (at YC, too, right???- I haven't been since it opened) and pastries.

Personally, my go-to counter service when staying at Y&BC is Sunshine Seasons or Tangierine Cafe in EPCOT. The place in Japan is also a favorite. We have done "takeout" from all of these places. The only thing I have found that makes it difficult is that they don't have take-away bags, so you have to bring your own (or get one from a nearby giftshop- there's always a nearby gift shop). And carrying a fountain drink if one is included.

For breakfast, the bakery in France is worth a stop! If EPCOT is the last stop of your evening, you can even grab something there and bring it back to the room for the next morning. Truly, isn't a crème brulee just a cold omelete when you think about it?

Or better yet, eat there. The atmosphere can't be beat!

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome!! We were able to switch to YC last night. I am trying to find best counter service options - do any of you have favorites in this area? I think Beaches will be closer when we are there. :(

If you are referring to Beaches & Cream - even if it is not undergoing rehab while you are there, Beaches & Cream is full service, not quick service. Just wanted to make sure you were aware.

This website lets you search by location and see the menus. With my family, looking at the menus works better than asking for recommendations. Somebody might tell us their favorite restaurant, but it might not have food which works for us.

http://allears.net/dining/menu

For breakfast, the bakery in France is worth a stop! If EPCOT is the last stop of your evening, you can even grab something there and bring it back to the room for the next morning. Truly, isn't a crème brulee just a cold omelete when you thing about it?

:thumbsup2
GENIUS!!!!! :rotfl2:

Page 1466

My two friends and I have officially booked a 14-day free dining package at Beach Club (Garden or Woods room) for Sept 2020 (yes, taking advantage of super advanced UK deal). The resort will be new to all of us, as well as our first deluxe stay. We're very excited about it. Any helpful tips, recommendations, or warnings we should know about?

:welcome:

I'll add your awesome friends trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Hey Dee, No I haven't booked it yet the date is too far out. These are going to be our dates May 3 to May 12, 2021!!!! lol, I know were nuts but we are def going for Disney's 50th ::yes::

I have penciled you in on the list. Never too early!!

No problem if we need to make an adjustment as the trip gets closer.

:cool2:

Nothing wrong with that. I have a calendar reminder set to book BCV for 10/1/2021 right at 11 months in advance, so I might have you beat on the insanity-o-meter ;)

Shall I pencil you in on the list as well?

:woohoo:

We have a reservation for Beach Club (standard view) for 7-21 September. We've stayed at Yacht Club before but first time staying at Beach Club. Super excited but also getting a little nervous about the balcony thing. When I booked, I totally forgot that not all rooms have a full balcony and the closer we get the more I'm thinking about how much we liked having the balcony.

I had a look at the FAQs and know to make this my only request. I also know we can move rooms during stay if a balcony room becomes available but how much success do people have with this? If there's a strong chance we won't have a balcony I'm wondering if it's worth exploring a move to Yacht Club.

I'll add you to the list.

:dogdance:

Great advice from @dansdad.

Full balcony should be your only request. At check-in, before getting settled, if you are assigned to a room that has the smaller balcony, ask if there is a room available now with a full balcony or when one will become available.

::yes::

Last edited:
Page 1461

When is your trip?

I see that someone answered your question. Thanks, @PCFriar80

:woohoo:

August 14-22! BCV...can't wait :)

:welcome: to this form!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. Which resort? BC/YC or BCV?

:cool1:

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Do you have a trip booked or are you in the planning stages?

What is this list you speak of?
Dee keeps a list on the first page by month of the folks on disboards upcoming trips!! You just give her the date of your trip and she will add you to the list. Look on the first page of this thread :)

We are looking to book BC end of January 2020. Looking through the first few posts of this thread it seems in years past the Jib Slide at Stormalong Bay is closed for refurb around this time. Has this happened in recent years? Don't want to get the kiddos all excited and then have it not open.

Dee keeps a list on the first page by month of the folks on disboards upcoming trips!! You just give her the date of your trip and she will add you to the list. Look on the first page of this thread :)
Oh, in that case, please add me! There's three of us, doing a Hurricane Irma of 2017 Reunion trip together. Sept 8-22 of 2020 at the Beach Club. It's also my birthday (just a tad late due to work).

Last edited:
Hey Dee, No I haven't booked it yet the date is too far out. These are going to be our dates May 3 to May 12, 2021!!!! lol, I know were nuts but we are def going for Disney's 50th ::yes::

Just a little something to think about: WDW opened on October 1, 1971. They have previously started special celebrations on Oct 1st & gone from there, sometimes for the full following year. Disney has not announced when they will kick off the 50th anniversary celebrations yet or how long it will last. But you may not actually see anything celebration wise in May.

We are looking to book BC end of January 2020. Looking through the first few posts of this thread it seems in years past the Jib Slide at Stormalong Bay is closed for refurb around this time. Has this happened in recent years? Don't want to get the kiddos all excited and then have it not open.

Quick :welcome:

I have not heard of closures the past couple of years. Can anyone who had a stay in Jan or Feb, 2018 or 2019 comment about whether they know if any parts of Stormalong Bay were closed during trip?

TIA

:fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter