Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

jhoannam

Planner-aholic
Ok so I need some options... my mind sometimes wanders and I can't make a decision. I am taking my 2 kids ages 20 months and 3.5 years and my father age 66 June 1-8. We have BC CL booked for June 1-5, then Shades of Green for 5-8. We also have Tiffany Towncar reserved since I am not interested in take ME. I always fly with the kids car seats, and this was going to be no different. But we usually have my husband and my mom with us so 2 more adults to help carry stuff. This time it's just me and dad as adults. I got to thinking that maybe bring the car seats is to much trouble this time. So, since Tiffany town car will only provide 1 front facing car seat, I was thinking of using Minnie Vans. Yes the transfers to and from MCO are pricey but that's not the issue. My issue is Minnie Vans does not pick up from Shades. Now I'm thinking, should I just stay at BC CL (it wasn't available initially but is now) all week so we can use minnie van and not bring car seats? Or just leave everything as is? If it matters we would have 3 suitcases, my 20 month old in a lillebaby carrier, 1 backpack for a carry on for around the airport etc.
I would just stay at BC the entire time, car seats are heavy not easy to travel with.

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
View attachment 402243 View attachment 402244 View attachment 402245 View attachment 402246
I’m not who you were asking, but I’ll include the view from room 5186 YC SV CL taken JUNE 2018. One of the photos shows the shared balcony from our balcony, we were 2 doors down from it (I think).
My husband and I were in a SV CL room with the shared balcony at the end of February. We used the balcony at various times of the day and night and we never saw our neighbors use it. It was a huge private balcony for us. The view was the main entrance to the YC and we could see busses pulling in and out, so not a "gorgeous" view, but we enjoyed it and didn't find it noisy.

Last edited:
  • Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    Ok so I need some options... my mind sometimes wanders and I can't make a decision. I am taking my 2 kids ages 20 months and 3.5 years and my father age 66 June 1-8. We have BC CL booked for June 1-5, then Shades of Green for 5-8. We also have Tiffany Towncar reserved since I am not interested in take ME. I always fly with the kids car seats, and this was going to be no different. But we usually have my husband and my mom with us so 2 more adults to help carry stuff. This time it's just me and dad as adults. I got to thinking that maybe bring the car seats is to much trouble this time. So, since Tiffany town car will only provide 1 front facing car seat, I was thinking of using Minnie Vans. Yes the transfers to and from MCO are pricey but that's not the issue. My issue is Minnie Vans does not pick up from Shades. Now I'm thinking, should I just stay at BC CL (it wasn't available initially but is now) all week so we can use minnie van and not bring car seats? Or just leave everything as is? If it matters we would have 3 suitcases, my 20 month old in a lillebaby carrier, 1 backpack for a carry on for around the airport etc.
    I know this is contrary to popular belief, but my personal opinion is that Split Stays are a pain in the neck, and that's when I'm travelling solo. It would be an even bigger pain in the neck if trying to do it with two young children. I don't like having to pack up my stuff - there's the clean clothes, the dirty clothes, the I've-worn-this-but-can-wear-it-again clothes, and for some people wet bathing suits. You would be trying to pack while watching the kids. I bring my own toiletries, so I would either have to pack up my wet soap in its soap dish, or bring two bars of soap and throw one out as I leave hotel 1. My shampoo and conditioner bottles would be wet from the shower. I always have food in the room, so I would have to pack that up, too.

In your situation, I think the bigger issue would be that you are essentially homeless on your move day, because you don't know what time your room at the second hotel will be ready.

Typically Disney will move your bags between hotels, but I don't know if that works if you are moving to Shades of Green. So you may lose time on your move day by having to move the stuff yourself.

If staying at Beach Club CL level for the whole time is out of the budget, what about Beach Club non CL level for the whole time?

CaleCakes

Mouseketeer
    Do you plan on using Disney bus service from park to park? My thought is the less you need to bring the better. My girls are older now though.
    As far as staying at BC the whole trip, if it's in your budget, do it. Moving hotels with young ones may be stressful. I'm doing it with a tween and a teen and I'm not looking forward to it.
    I think was planning on mostly walking this first part of the trip and using minnie van for one early morning in MK but not really using the buses often. When I called this morning to add the last few days at BC they aren't available with the military discount. So, now my new plan to use minnie van from MCO to BC, then rent a car with car seats from Alamo at Shades. I agree changing resorts isn't ideal especially with toddlers but it is what it is I guess since i can't get the whole week either place.

• cantwaitvaca09

DIS Veteran
    I think was planning on mostly walking this first part of the trip and using minnie van for one early morning in MK but not really using the buses often. When I called this morning to add the last few days at BC they aren't available with the military discount. So, now my new plan to use minnie van from MCO to BC, then rent a car with car seats from Alamo at Shades. I agree changing resorts isn't ideal especially with toddlers but it is what it is I guess since i can't get the whole week either place.
    You can rent a car right by Dolphin, also check YC or Boardwalk to see if they have rooms, the move may be easier. I would also price renting the car from MCO the whole time vs Minnie van then rental car. There are threads on Dis that often have rental car savings information.

• heaven2dc

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for sharing your pics! Now I'm even more excited for our upcoming stay in October! We have 2 garden view rooms booked so am curious to what our view will be (one room will be for 3A, 2C so hopefully we'll have the sofa bed or whatever it's called like your room has. The other room is for 2A so probably will be 2 queen beds.)

CaleCakes

Mouseketeer
    I know this is contrary to popular belief, but my personal opinion is that Split Stays are a pain in the neck, and that's when I'm travelling solo. It would be an even bigger pain in the neck if trying to do it with two young children. I don't like having to pack up my stuff - there's the clean clothes, the dirty clothes, the I've-worn-this-but-can-wear-it-again clothes, and for some people wet bathing suits. You would be trying to pack while watching the kids. I bring my own toiletries, so I would either have to pack up my wet soap in its soap dish, or bring two bars of soap and throw one out as I leave hotel 1. My shampoo and conditioner bottles would be wet from the shower. I always have food in the room, so I would have to pack that up, too.

In your situation, I think the bigger issue would be that you are essentially homeless on your move day, because you don't know what time your room at the second hotel will be ready.

Typically Disney will move your bags between hotels, but I don't know if that works if you are moving to Shades of Green. So you may lose time on your move day by having to move the stuff yourself.

If staying at Beach Club CL level for the whole time is out of the budget, what about Beach Club non CL level for the whole time?
    I agree it isn't ideal to switch resorts. We did it last time between shades and AK and it was annoying. That was 1 kid and we had a rental car. I wasn't able to get either hotel for the whole week, and I really don't want to give up the club level as I am really looking forward to the little snacks. The good thing is on move day, that is our only non park day so I sort of planned on being in limbo most of the day staying at BC in the pool area as long as possible, then having bell services move luggage (already asked and they said yes), then dinner in Disney Springs. Sounds ridiculous to stress this much over car seats. I think I've got my plan now and I'm sticking to it lol.

ginny65

DIS Veteran

We have had a similar balcony before and I was just so tempted to go out onto that rooftop so bad and put my chair there! lol

marie8461

Mouseketeer
    With kids, small kids who nap, a balcony would be choice #1. Older kids who don’t nap, I don’t care. At the BC I would request close to elevator because we were. We were close to the ice machine too which was an added bonus! I loved, well my kids loved to be able to quickly get to the marketplace to refill those drinks. I know when we go in 4 years my BC request will be close to elevator and my Poly request will be Rarotonga (I would deal with the 2nd floor no balcony as long as we were in that building).
    Just wondering - is there more than one bank of elevators? My preference would to be closer to Epcot than to the pool. Thanks.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Just wondering - is there more than one bank of elevators? My preference would to be closer to Epcot than to the pool. Thanks.
    The BC has the main bank of elevators, next to the Marketplace, plus a single elevator near the Quiet Pool. The single elevator is closer to EPCOT and will allow you to go out the door in front of you, when exiting the elevator, walk around the Quiet pool, and get right on the walkway to EPCOT. Once on the walkway, it's about a three minute walk to the IG entrance.

lovingeire

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone know if something is going on at Cape May on 10/30? I'm still shocked that there are no dinner reservation times at all that night! (Since my 180 day mark...) Ugh, this is my husband's must do and we missed it last time so I really need to get it in, but rearranging plans is making it difficult!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS