Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just have to say (as I'm sitting on my balcony overlooking the quiet pool) that I'm in LOVE. We've always stayed in MK area hotels, but we have only been at the BC one day and I think I have a new favorite. We were a split stay at PVB studios and this just feels like a breath of fresh air. I can't put my finger on it, but something just didn't feel "right" there :)

I can see plastic on the windows on the first floor below us, and we can access the door at the end of our hall to get to the stairs to go to Epcot, but were told you can't go in that way from the outside, we didn't try because we had sleeping kids in a stroller.

These new rooms are gorgeous! Our bellman told us we were the first to stay in ours, but I thought the second floor had been done for a little while, didn't know if he was just trying to make us feel special? Either way it looks (and smells) brand new.

Does anyone else feel like the sand pool is an amazing exfoliator, I swear I've had sugar scrubs that feel just like that, haha.

It really is Love at First Sight!! Got hooked on the resort back in 2010, and it's very hard to steer away from it! That sandy bottom pool eased away my tension for a full 7 days our first trip!!!

Don't have any photos, but if you're looking for location it's right by the pool. Scroll down to purple area for French Quarter.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/PortOrleansMap.pdf

Here's the link amount of w/d in there.

http://www.laundryview.com/laundry_room.php?lr=491602

OK, this is pretty amazing!! Am I the only one so excited about this new Laundry Online Thingy?????

Dee - sorry but I put your "hoarding episode" to shame! I always make friends with the turn down mouse keeper ( tip her well) and haven't had to buy soap since 2003! Just a little bit if Disney in my life every day!

Here's part of my hoard - I do actually use the H2O ones, so I need to keep going back to keep a "good supply."

I actually still even have bottles and soaps from our very first trip (1986)- the little black bottles with Mickey saying "Everybody neat and pretty...Then on with the show!" I just can't bring myself to use them.
20150801_074255.jpg 20150801_074016.jpg

I've never stayed at POFQ. However, another DISer who frequently posts on the Port Orleans threads (Andre) runs a Port Orleans fan site with tons of info about both POR and POFQ. Was able to find some info on the laundry rooms. Looks like as of April they've got new machines that take credit/debit only, and are connected to the internet so you can monitor your wash/dry cycles. http://www.portorleans.org/services.php

This website has a lot of good information about both of the Port Orleans resorts. I would hope that it gives the information about laundry rooms somewhere on the thread.

http://www.portorleans.org/

I just want to add hat this site is incredible and the thread run by the same gentleman here in the boards (Andre) is very helpful and made our 2013 stay at POR a lot easier! I dare say that after this thread, it might be the friendliest/most helpful here on the boards.

I just have to say (as I'm sitting on my balcony overlooking the quiet pool) that I'm in LOVE. We've always stayed in MK area hotels, but we have only been at the BC one day and I think I have a new favorite. We were a split stay at PVB studios and this just feels like a breath of fresh air. I can't put my finger on it, but something just didn't feel "right" there :).

I hear you! Our first Epcot loop stay was at BWI, and before that, I thought the GF was the end all and be all of WDW resorts. Checking into BWI was such a breath of fresh air, and the room was so beautiful, and the CMs were so friendly, and we had a lovely view. We found ourselves in the pool a few hours after check in, and this wave of peace came over me. I felt like this area was "home." Since then, we've stayed at all 3 Epcot resorts, and love all three. Truly, depending on the day, my fave changes. I'm so glad you enjoy the area so much, but Shhhhh! Don't tell too many people. We don't want everyone else to figure out the secret!

Glad you love it so much! Between not knowing if the remodeling on the Yacht Club rooms possibly is going to annoy my husband on days he wants to sleep in and hearing how nice the BC new rooms are the more I'm wondering if we should switch over to BC for our Nov. trip. I called about it two weeks ago and I'll lose our free dining if we make the switch.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Are you staying club level? Because by November, I'd guess they'd still be working in he top floor....and maybe the 4th. If you're not staying CL, just request a room on a lower floor. I doubt you'll hear anything. Enjoy, YC is a great choice!

Dee - sorry but I put your "hoarding episode" to shame! I always make friends with the turn down mouse keeper ( tip her well) and haven't had to buy soap since 2003! Just a little bit if Disney in my life every day!

I'm with you. We don't go that far back, but I'd guess we haven't bought shampoo, conditioner or body wash since at least 2010. And we've been lucky enough to stay at moderates, deluxes (before and after the grapefruit bergamot changeover), at the Swan, and in a suite, so we have so many scents to choose from! It's fun, and looking to add some more to my stash in a few weeks!

No. I'm excited about laundry view too!

Unlike Dee who has managed NEVER to do laundry at WDW, I must live with pigs since I ALWAYS have to do laundry several times!

I also am excited about the laundry pics. I have spent quit a bit of time in that laundry room, although, I do prefer the small one on the first floor corner if I only have a load or two as it is inside the main part of resort.

Here's part of my hoard - I do actually use the H2O ones, so I need to keep going back to keep a "good supply."

I actually still even have bottles and soaps from our very first trip (1986)- the little black bottles with Mickey saying "Everybody neat and pretty...Then on with the show!" I just can't bring myself to use them.
View attachment 113118 View attachment 113119

I also have some of the the red and black bottles / soaps stored away that I cannot bring myself to use. Also, the H2O products are actually leaps and bounds better but love the designs on the older products.

Love the black and red bottles and containers! Not for the products, just for the memories!!

Jay

Spa was very nice. Pedi prices were in line with the nice spas by me in NJ, not nail places, but spas. It was 55 plus gratuity for 45 minutes. The 15% AP discount made it even nicer. The massage chairs are comfortable and my feet felt refreshed. Staff was very helpful & friendly. Not a huge selection of polishes, but enough. It was definitely a relaxing atmosphere, but I was basically the only client!!! I would go back for sure.

Thank you so much for posting your review!! :)
I know where I am calling this morning, as the pre-trip pedi isn't going to happen.

Sad to sad but still not a dent in my "hoard". Let me put it this way- there is an entire bureau drawer in my closet filled, a large Disney tote bag, and 3 medium sized containers STILL completely full of products. Not to mention I have kept the older kids house supplied with Disney products!

I once made the mistake of saying ( in front if DH) of saying how much I've saved over the years in "free soap". DH pointed out how many thousands of dollars that soap actually cost. Obviously he does not understand "Disney Math"!

Spent the last hour trying to book a F&W Festival Sampler Package for Nov 9th. Dining center rep had never heard of it and said it's not in the system yet. I informed her people were buying it yesterday. After being put on hold several times and three dining reps later they were able to find it and book it for us. Yay! One more thing to look forward to. 99 days can't come fast enough. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter