Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Apr 15, 2015.

1. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

We did not even ask for our money back. They offered it to us. This was at the Grand and then the next 3 days they were closed there was not even an option to stay at them

2. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Mouseketeer

9am to 11pm

natebenma and sls404 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Candycane83

Candycane83 DIS Veteran

Would you know what they are during the summer by any chance? :)

5. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Mouseketeer

Sorry, no. We just got back yesterday. I'd have to assume that the current hours must be close to summer hours.

Candycane83 likes this.
  6. Candycane83

Candycane83 DIS Veteran

Thanks anyway! I’m hoping it opens a little earlier :)

7. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

We have been there in past summers and it has never opened earlier than 9am :(

8. jemtx

jemtx Mouseketeer

I think I might’ve finally found my club level availability. I’d have to switch from yacht club to beach club and it would only be a standard view. I think all club level is in fifth floor at YC—what about BC? Are all club level standard rooms in same floor as club lounge? Thanks so much.

Also, the room description is scaring me that it doesn’t mention a daybed? Do these rooms have 2 queen beds plus a daybed?

9. Candycane83

Candycane83 DIS Veteran

Thanks for this! Now to rearrange my plans again! At least we know beforehand :D

luvpoohandcompany likes this.
  10. MusicalAstronaut

MusicalAstronaut DIS Veteran

Whoa! I wonder if the water on the 7 seas lagoon was attracting them worse than Crescent Lake? That was really nice of them.

11. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

We've been there in the summer several times, including last June, and it never opened before 9am.

12. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

Are you 4 or 5? I don't believe the BC CL allows 5 any longer

jemtx and Turksmom like this.
  13. ginny65

ginny65 DIS Veteran

I am still torn on whether to stay at YC (our "home resort") or Poly for our anniversary. I just love the clean lines and bright cheeriness of the building and rooms at YC and of course SAB. The rooms at Poly seem so dark. However, the relax tropical feel of Poly is enticing. I just feel that the Poly lobby (not that we'd be in it much) would seem crowded all the time. Also, since we are going in August, I like the idea of not having to go outside to get to the lobby at YC. I'm wondering if we should just stay at YC and rent a patio at Poly and do Luau one night. That way, we get the best of both worlds. Comments and suggestions??

14. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

it was not relaxing there was a ton of them. My 2 year old son was flipping out too.

15. jemtx

jemtx Mouseketeer

We’re only 3 people.

16. ScubaCat

ScubaCat DIS Veteran

Oh please no. I've been designated as the official table saver, and am not a morning person. I liked it better when it was 10am! :laughing:

Candycane83 likes this.
  17. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

We don't like the Poly because it is dark, it has separate buildings, the lobby is busy, and the decor seems very outdated. The last time we stayed there we were in the farthest building from the Great ceremonial House and it was a fairly long walk in the rain to get any food. The Volcano pool is always crowded. And we don't like having to take the monorail to Epcot. The lines at night are terrible.

I would just visit the Poly, maybe have a meal there, but stay at the resort that I loved. :)

18. MusicalAstronaut

MusicalAstronaut DIS Veteran

That makes sense, I saw quite a few of little kids freaking out about them in the parks. I'm terrified of bees & buzzing things but luckily for me they don't make that awful buzzzzzz sound. That makes my hair stand on end to hear.

19. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Most of the rooms have 2 Queen Beds, although there may be a few with a King-sized bed instead. Not sure how many. Not all of the rooms at club level (or throughout the resort) have daybeds. Again, I don't really know how many do.

Does anyone know if a group with 3 people would be assigned to a King-bed/daybed room. I'm guessing that parties/families with 2 guests are typically placed in the King Rooms, but has anyone travelling in a group of 3 been assigned to one of these rooms?

If you want a room with a daybed, you should add that as a request to your reservation. The room assigners will do their best to get guests their preferences, but there are never any guarantees.

Please note that approximately 1/4 of the BC Club Level rooms do not have full-sized balconies.

::yes::

luvpoohandcompany likes this.
  20. cinnaminny

cinnaminny DIS Veteran

Are there exits on the SE side of Beach Club near the IG? Or do people staying on this side have to walk all the way to the lobby to leave the building? The room I was looking at ended up on that end (according to touring plans) and if I were to book, I would want to make sure I could actually get out there.

Another question...Do you think that the IG is going to be overcrowded because of the Skyliner? It doesn't look like a very big area to have a huge addition of people lining up in the morning.

21. bookbabe626

bookbabe626 Formerly known as bookbabe_disneynut

The “secret entrance” is by room 1501, there are stairs there for access to higher floors. Think there’s some pics in one of the first posts of this thread. EDIT: halfway thru post 13

twocat and cinnaminny like this.