Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Our room is standard category. If I asked for a room that is "close to lobby," would the assumption be that I want a room on the lobby level? Not sure if I would want that. Thanks!
There aren't any standard view rooms on the lobby level - which is the 1st floor. Almost all of the standard view rooms are on the third and fourth floors, and most of them are located over the restaurant section of the resort. Most of them have either a view facing the parking lot side of the resort or facing the Crescent Lake side of the resort. 50% of them have full balconies so we usually make that our one request.

Always learning great information on this thread thanks nannabenma for all of the up-to-date specifics!
Can you add us for trip YC CL 6-8 to 6-11, Mom & DD15 end of school getaway! We are split staying from the Poly to YC, 22 days and counting...

So we just switched from BC to BCV studio for our July trip and I’m super excited. We’ve never stayed on the Villa side but the studio was cheaper and it has some extra things that we will enjoy ( regular coffee pot, toaster, and microwave). Plus our requests were king bed and full balcony so the studio pretty much meets those requests ( Queen bed is fine for us).

Hi - anyone know if the love bug situation is starting to improve? We will be there in 12 days. I think the last time we went at the end of May we got there just as they were dying out and only saw them for a day or two of our trip. Not super worried about it...just curious. Thanks!!

For those who have had Garden View facing volleyball court, please share ur pros/cons of this location. I’m having a terrible time deciding where to request and my teen boys showed interest n the volleyball court.

For those who have had Garden View facing volleyball court, please share ur pros/cons of this location. I’m having a terrible time deciding where to request and my teen boys showed interest n the volleyball court.
We had a garden view facing the volleyball court last June and I can't think of any cons. You can get a sideways view of Crescent Lake. The rooms are relatively close to the lobby and not too far from the Epcot entrance. There is an exit door that leads to the volleyball court and is a great way to get to Storm Along Bay and the boat dock. :)

Hi - anyone know if the love bug situation is starting to improve? We will be there in 12 days. I think the last time we went at the end of May we got there just as they were dying out and only saw them for a day or two of our trip. Not super worried about it...just curious. Thanks!!
I'm not there, now, but I read that the invasion usually lasts for four weeks in May and October. It's their mating season!

There aren't any standard view rooms on the lobby level - which is the 1st floor. Almost all of the standard view rooms are on the third and fourth floors, and most of them are located over the restaurant section of the resort. Most of them have either a view facing the parking lot side of the resort or facing the Crescent Lake side of the resort. 50% of them have full balconies so we usually make that our one request.
So, if most of the standard rooms are in the same location (over the restaurant section), do you think it is better to just request a full balcony? In reading through the posts here, that seems to be the most common request. I didn't realize that any standard rooms faced Crescent Lake. Could that be a reasonable request?

So, if most of the standard rooms are in the same location (over the restaurant section), do you think it is better to just request a full balcony? In reading through the posts here, that seems to be the most common request. I didn't realize that any standard rooms faced Crescent Lake. Could that be a reasonable request?
You have about a 50% chance of having a room that faces toward Crescent Lake and 50% chance of facing the parking lot side of the resort. It would be a reasonable request. :)

I am a huge fan of balconies, and usually make that a request in any situation when I might not get one. However, after having a full balcony on a standard view CL room at the BC that looked right at the Porte-cochere I realized that under certain circumstances I would prefer a better view to a balcony. it didn't apply as much in our situation, since there are very few SV CL rooms that don't look a the front entrance (and I did request one of those but didn't get one), but given the choice I would take an obstructed/rooftop/less desirable view of the pool/lake with a Juliette balcony over our full balcony looking at essentially nothing. It wasn't a terrible view, just nothing to make me want to sit out on the balcony for, so we only used it to apply sunscreen and really didn't sit out on it at all like we do with balconies that have good views.

That's insane that you gave you your money back! All of Florida is infested with love bugs right now. They were crawling all over the booths & dishes at the Flower & Garden Festival. We had a cabana on Saturday and we didn't get a refund. We were just warned by CM's to not leave any food or drinks out to protect them from the bugs & the crows.

We did not even ask for our money back. They offered it to us. This was at the Grand and then the next 3 days they were closed there was not even an option to stay at them

I think I might’ve finally found my club level availability. I’d have to switch from yacht club to beach club and it would only be a standard view. I think all club level is in fifth floor at YC—what about BC? Are all club level standard rooms in same floor as club lounge? Thanks so much.

Also, the room description is scaring me that it doesn’t mention a daybed? Do these rooms have 2 queen beds plus a daybed?

We did not even ask for our money back. They offered it to us. This was at the Grand and then the next 3 days they were closed there was not even an option to stay at them
Whoa! I wonder if the water on the 7 seas lagoon was attracting them worse than Crescent Lake? That was really nice of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter