Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

erinkristen04

Mouseketeer
Has anyone recently stayed at POFQ? Wondering about the laundry room there. The thread isn't as detailed as ours is!!!
I've never stayed at POFQ. However, another DISer who frequently posts on the Port Orleans threads (Andre) runs a Port Orleans fan site with tons of info about both POR and POFQ. Was able to find some info on the laundry rooms. Looks like as of April they've got new machines that take credit/debit only, and are connected to the internet so you can monitor your wash/dry cycles. http://www.portorleans.org/services.php

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
page 142-144

Is there any update on the progress of the room renovations at BC and over at BCV? Checking in a 2-Bedroom Villa on Oct. 24th!! Does the BC lobby look under construction? Or is the work mostly being done inside the rooms now?
Nothing in addition to what we have posted on Page 1 in the first post of this thread. Room renovations continue on the first floor and we don't have a start date for BCV

As far as we know, work on the BC lobby is not planned.

:)

Doing the 30 day happy dance!!!

Freaking out a bit when yesterday I found out the deluxe rooms no longer have a day bed they have a queen sleeper sofa (not happy about that).
I didn't know this. Where did you see the info?

:thumbsup2

Thank you for the room request tips! We will be there Nov 10-14. Hoping the weather is nice enough to swim. :)
Got it!

:cool1:

We are here!!! Arrived around 12/12:30 and room was ready. We booked a standard view, requested not first floor, full balcony & daybed and we had our requests met and have a GV room. We are by the Epcot entrance (can even see some WS roof tops from the room), but we have a stroller, so the steps won't always come in handy. And I have a box of Tastycake Chocolate Cupcakes waiting for Teena on Sunday (or Monday)! Hopefully my kids don't find where I hid them!!!! Now off to get my pedicure I couldn't fit in before we left.
Have a fabulous trip!

Glad to hear you got your room requests.

When you are back from your trip, could you give us a little review of you pedi. We often have people asking about the spa services

:goodvibes:

The time is finally here! My family will arrive tomorrow for our one night reservation at Pop and then we check in Saturday morning for our 7 nights at the Beach Club! This is our very first stay at BC. Now if only the weather will cooperate, it looks like rain almost every day! I want to spent afternoons at SAB!!!! Also I thought I would share a photo of my manicure I had done for my "Staycation" since I am a CM we are not permitted nailpolish like this but because I will have 9 days off I am taking a break from the "disney look"
Have a super trip!

:cheer2:

Hello all! I was planning a "budget" trip to WDW this fall but I couldn't stay away from my beloved BC&YC so I added a few nights at the beginning. So excited to see the BC room renovations in person, have a dole whip and turn another year older (ok, maybe not so excited about that, but birthdays at BC are the best, right?).
:welcome: back!

I'll pencil you in for the BC in Oct. Hope you make it happen!!!

:woohoo:

Secret Door access:

Teena...do you think the entrance to the quiet pool and the secret entrance to Epcot will be accessible within a few weeks....ya know...say....by the 19th? :rolleyes1

By the way....2 WEEKS FROM TODAY we check in at the CR to begin our vacation! :rainbow:

Do you know if the 1st floor hallway around the secret door will likely still be closed mid August? Some friends are going during that time, and I want to give them a head's up. Thank you!!! :)
Don't know. As soon as we hear that hallway has reopened we will let you know. I don't think we will get any advance word from Disney about when that will happen or when the work on those rooms will be finished.

As Teena pointed out, it is the first floor hallway that is closed, so you can still access the secret exit from other floors.

ETA: Another poster (drea21 ) has been told that you can't use the door near Room 1501 as an ENTRANCE into the resort.

Last edited:
  • scottygirl

Real Scottish Princess
    Scottygirl: DD had Twins and Triplets on her soccer team. The triplets: one heading to Niagra, one heading to Denver, one heading to California. All playing soccer. The Twins are seniors this year but they commited already: one to Yale the other to Navy! I know how u must be feeling!!! Those parents are freaking out too!!!
    I've got one whose going to be playing baseball!

TeenaS

DIS Veteran
    Teena...do you think the entrance to the quiet pool and the secret entrance to Epcot will be accessible within a few weeks....ya know...say....by the 19th? :rolleyes1

By the way....2 WEEKS FROM TODAY we check in at the CR to begin our vacation! :rainbow:
    If you mean do I think the first floor rehab will be done by August 19th ... no idea unfortunately. They are working like crazy and have been pretty much on schedule thus far. It's been a really good rehab!

Scott MC

DIS Veteran
    If you mean do I think the first floor rehab will be done by August 19th ... no idea unfortunately. They are working like crazy and have been pretty much on schedule thus far. It's been a really good rehab!
    Oh my gosh! The new rooms are absolutely beautiful from the pictures I have seen. I can not wait to sleep in one of them very shortly! Or, see you for that matter!:flower:

• toasterstrudel

Mouseketeer
    Had a mini heart attack today! I had to cancel one member of our party. TA said we could get a refund on the ticket for the canceled person, but would cancel all of our tickets, then readd them back - losing our fast passes! I almost cried. There is no way I would be able to get mine train again 2 weeks out! But at the same time, the fast passes weren't worth the 300 I am getting back. I told her to go ahead and do it but to call me as soon as the tickets were added so I could try to pick them back up.

Turns out they were able to drop the ticket without canceling ours. Not sure what changed but I'm super happy! my FP are still showing in MDE and I even called the helpdesk to verify. Whew.

jmw33

Mouseketeer
    Quick question...how do I request to have a room with a sleep sofa? That wasn't a choice when i did my online check in.

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Quick question...how do I request to have a room with a sleep sofa? That wasn't a choice when i did my online check in.
    You would have to call resort reservations and have them add the request to your reservation. If you booked through a TA then they would have to call Disney on your behalf.

Disney before Sally

DIS Veteran
    We are here!!! Arrived around 12/12:30 and room was ready. We booked a standard view, requested not first floor, full balcony & daybed and we had our requests met and have a GV room. We are by the Epcot entrance (can even see some WS roof tops from the room), but we have a stroller, so the steps won't always come in handy. And I have a box of Tastycake Chocolate Cupcakes waiting for Teena on Sunday (or Monday)! Hopefully my kids don't find where I hid them!!!! Now off to get my pedicure I couldn't fit in before we left.
    I would greatly appreciate a spa review and pictures. Enjoy your stay!

Our countdown is at 100 days today. Just wanted to say how incredibly helpful this thread has been after reading through it the past few weeks. Thanks all!

Double digits tomorrow! Woohoo!!!
    I second that. I've been following this thread for at least four months and everyone is pleasant, helpful, and encouraging. Simply grateful to the host and fellow threaders. : o )

mi*vida*loca

Collect memories, not things
    Do you guys use the H2o products or bring your own. The soap, shampoo and conditioner ??

I've always brought my own but if the products are that good I might not bring our stuff.

njmom76

Mouseketeer
    Spa was very nice. Pedi prices were in line with the nice spas by me in NJ, not nail places, but spas. It was 55 plus gratuity for 45 minutes. The 15% AP discount made it even nicer. The massage chairs are comfortable and my feet felt refreshed. Staff was very helpful & friendly. Not a huge selection of polishes, but enough. It was definitely a relaxing atmosphere, but I was basically the only client!!! I would go back for sure.

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    Do you guys use the H2o products or bring your own. The soap, shampoo and conditioner ??

I've always brought my own but if the products are that good I might not bring our stuff.
    I always bring my own, but I take all the little bottles home...I have a HUGE supply of them! I do sometimes use them in the shower or use the lotion. H2O is a good brand...I like it.

mmmears

DIS Veteran
    We travel with carry-ons only, so we use the hotel shampoo and soap. I think it's pretty good. I will say that that one tiny bottle of shampoo isn't really enough... last time at the YC my DD and I found the "mousekeeper" in our hallway and we asked for more. She took one look at how long my DD's hair was and smiled and handed us a handful of those tiny bottles.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS