Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
We arrived at YC yesterday. I had requested on phone and thru Touring Plans for upper floor,king, overlooking gazebo courtyard. We got upper floor queen and what my husband calls Dolphin Annex. We are not the farthest from the lobby,but that room is only 2 away. We overlook the water filled ditch that feeds into the lake. There are giant pine trees between us and the dolphin, so all you can see is the tip of the fish tail. It’s actually very pleasant sitting out on the balcony this morning.
We got txt with our room number as the ME bus came onto Disney property. We stopped at front desk to get a map, and began the long hike. However our magic bands would not open door. Housekeeping was doing room across hall and let us in. He told us to call front desk and not walk all the way back. Front desk sent a runner and after making sure it was our bands not the door, said we would have to go back to lobby. On our way to Epcot we stopped and had them reprogram. Since it was on our way out,no extra walking.
We’ve been making use of the stairwell by our room. It is actually a shorter walk to Epcot than if we were in a room closer to lobby. For sure it will be shorter walk to HS.
The secret entrance! I was in that part of the building last trip, but we overlooked the "quiet" pool and didn't love the location (bright lights & loud people), but not enough that we asked to move. I wish I'd remembered that entrance earlier in our trip because once I did it saved us a lot of time. ETA We booked a garden view and I don't see how that qualified, but oh well.

shoreward

DIS Veteran
I'm certain this was posted somewhere, so please direct me if possible! Can anyone let me know about king bed rooms at YC? We requested one, but not sure how many there are in the resort/chances of getting, and wondered if they were located in a specific area.

TIA :-)
I'm not sure that you will find the info about how many king beds or where they are located- I don't have the info in any of my files, but if someone else does, please let us know
From AllEars.net:

The average room at the Yacht Club is 380 sq. ft. Most rooms feature two queen-size beds, a table and chairs, color TV w/remote, a ceiling fan, double sinks in the dressing area, and refrigerator. Some rooms have a daybed that will accommodate the maximum 5 guests allowed per room at the Yacht Club. There are also pet friendly rooms. Of the 539 regular guest rooms at the Yacht Club, 483 rooms have queen-sized beds, 56 rooms have king-sized beds, and there are 10 disabled access rooms. Most rooms have a balcony that have a table and two chairs. Standard Rooms are for all guests, including Concierge Club.
This is a bit outdated, as the ceiling fans have been gone for awhile. They were adding more King-bedded rooms with the refurb. I'm not sure if this info is from before or after the rooms were redone.

marmar

DIS Veteran
The secret entrance! I was in that part of the building last trip, but we overlooked the "quiet" pool and didn't love the location (bright lights & loud people), but not enough that we asked to move. I wish I'd remembered that entrance earlier in our trip because once I did it saved us a lot of time. ETA We booked a garden view and I don't see how that qualified, but oh well.
Actually we are 2 hallway turns beyond the pool and tennis courts. On our wing there are only 3 floors. At night it is very dark outside our room.

Our least favorite room was “pebble beach” aka the roof.

• bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
    So, the bad news and the good news...

Dee, please take me off the Be Our Guest list for May.

A last minute too-good-to-pass up AP deal has us moving over to AKL instead. (We were just at YC over Easter, and we’re back again in September, and the AKL AP rate saved us over $450 total for the weekend.)

But the good news, please add me to the Be Our Guest list for December 12-15, 2019, YC GV.

It seems I somehow convinced DH that we needed to book a bounceback to come back in December for the holiday stuff and hopefully the additional SWGE ride. (But if it’s not open then, that’ll just mean I need another trip in January or February.)

cakebaker

DIS Veteran
    So excited!! We'll be at the YC tomorrow by early afternoon! Fingers crossed our room is ready. We have a 6:30 am flight. Luckily ours is a small airport and only have to be there an hour before the flight, but we're 45 minutes away! We have the MK DAH tomorrow night and we're all going to need a good long nap when we arrive! We may be the ones napping in the lounge chairs by the pool. lol

disneycat321

DIS Veteran
    So excited!! We'll be at the YC tomorrow by early afternoon! Fingers crossed our room is ready. We have a 6:30 am flight. Luckily ours is a small airport and only have to be there an hour before the flight, but we're 45 minutes away! We have the MK DAH tomorrow night and we're all going to need a good long nap when we arrive! We may be the ones napping in the lounge chairs by the pool. lol
    Have a wonderful trip! MK DAH the first night there sounds pretty amazing to me!

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
    So, the bad news and the good news...

Dee, please take me off the Be Our Guest list for May.

A last minute too-good-to-pass up AP deal has us moving over to AKL instead. (We were just at YC over Easter, and we’re back again in September, and the AKL AP rate saved us over $450 total for the weekend.)

But the good news, please add me to the Be Our Guest list for December 12-15, 2019, YC GV.

It seems I somehow convinced DH that we needed to book a bounceback to come back in December for the holiday stuff and hopefully the additional SWGE ride. (But if it’s not open then, that’ll just mean I need another trip in January or February.)
    Yeah for a December bounceback!

• Megan138

Earning My Ears
    Can anyone who is there now (or visited recently) tell me how much Cape May Cafe breakfast is currently? I have checked all of the usually recommended sites and none of them agree on current pricing. I realize it could change six times between now and when we get there next week. Thanks!
    I took this photo yesterday. Hopefully it posts. If not, it’s $38 adults and $23 kids.

Attachments

heaven2dc

DIS Veteran
    How can I be added to the Be Our Guest list? I posted a couple of times to request but not sure if I'm looking at an updated list I found on page 15.

We will be staying at the Yacht Club 10/24-10/29/19 in two garden view rooms. It will be our first time staying at the Yacht Club and we are super excited! The first room will have myself, my DS, DSW, DGD5 and DGD8 and second room will have DS32 and DS25. I'm hoping for some tips on room requests. We are hoping overlooking the Gazebo, high floor close to lobby (such as room 4091).

Pinkgirl

DIS Veteran
    Hellllloooooo!!!!!!!! :wave:

Opens door slightly and peers inside…… and jumps in with both feet and arms waving manically above head :yay:. I’m back.

Hello, to all my old friends in here and to all the new acquaintances that I am about to make. :love:

I’m pleased to announce that we have booked our beloved :worship: Yacht Club for 21-31 July 2020. Virgin finally received their allocation of rooms and we were quick to snap up a Garden/Woods view (or as its also known "Tennis Court View" :rolleyes1 which was what we had last trip).

Prior to arriving at Disney we will be spending 9 nights out on Idrive and the Darkside.

The trip is going to be a celebration of our DD finishing secondary school before moving onto further education. Our dates have been carefully chosen to be after prom and before exam results! Unfortunately it means she will miss celebrating her sweet sixteen in Disney and we will miss returning to our wedding venue on our anniversary.

We are really excited to see in person the refurbed rooms and the new counter service area and changes to dining. We have of course been keeping an eye on all the Youtube videos and vlogs to keep up to date with what has been going on since our last Yacht Club visit in 2016. I will say that I had to watch 5 room videos before someone actually opened that middle cupboard in the bureau!!!! I was literally shouting at the screen “open the dang cupboard people”.

I plan to spend many an evening reading over this thread as I’ve avoided it for quite some time and know that I will have a lot to catch up on.

So, Dee, please can we be added to Be Our Guest for 21-31 July 2020 (I’ve just had a quick look and we will be the furthest out booking!!!!!!)

:disrocks:

• JaimeAyers

Earning My Ears
    I am booked for a stay at the Beach Club from Aug 11 - Aug 16. While I was on the phone with Disney booking cabanas by the pool, the cast member told me that after October 13th, more cabanas will be available and will be booked and priced out based on the location of the cabana. I was able to secure a cabana for 2 full days.

TheOneWithTheTriplets

DIS Veteran
    I am booked for a stay at the Beach Club from Aug 11 - Aug 16. While I was on the phone with Disney booking cabanas by the pool, the cast member told me that after October 13th, more cabanas will be available and will be booked and priced out based on the location of the cabana. I was able to secure a cabana for 2 full days.
    Interesting. When I called to quote late August dates, the CM on the phone described Cabanas numbered 1-4 with specific locations, but then said that none of them had availability my date. He was able to load a general rate cabana without a guaranteed location. I bet he was trying to quote me the new cabanas you're referencing.

JenniferYoung44

Mouseketeer
    Interesting. When I called to quote late August dates, the CM on the phone described Cabanas numbered 1-4 with specific locations, but then said that none of them had availability my date. He was able to load a general rate cabana without a guaranteed location. I bet he was trying to quote me the new cabanas you're referencing.
    When I called they asked if I wanted a “poolside” cabana or “pool deck” cabana. I said I had little kids and wanted to be by the sandy pool and they put me in cabana 2. Id still like to know where exactly that is but as of yet haven’t seen any maps or diagrams floating around the internet. I’ll be there next Sunday so I’ll let you guys know.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    When I called they asked if I wanted a “poolside” cabana or “pool deck” cabana. I said I had little kids and wanted to be by the sandy pool and they put me in cabana 2. Id still like to know where exactly that is but as of yet haven’t seen any maps or diagrams floating around the internet. I’ll be there next Sunday so I’ll let you guys know.
    There are pictures of cabanas on page one of this thread. And I took a lot of pictures when we stayed there at the end of February.

Here is a link to my pictures:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-yacht-beach-club-resorts-information-questions-updated-info-on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/page-1410#post-60314453

MinneTinK

MinneTinK
    I saw on a dining blog that BC will be offering a mother’s Day chocolate party, any idea of time or how we attend?

cakebaker

DIS Veteran
    We are here! Flight left at 6am, delays due to storms and we finally arrived within minutes of our Beaches and Cream 3pm reservation.

I was a bit irked because as of 3:30 our YC room was still not ready. Then I got a msg to go to the desk in regards to my reservation. I just knew they’d overbooked and were going to try and move me....but noooo. I got upgraded to Club Level!!!

I’m over the moon!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    How can I be added to the Be Our Guest list? I posted a couple of times to request but not sure if I'm looking at an updated list I found on page 15.

We will be staying at the Yacht Club 10/24-10/29/19 in two garden view rooms. It will be our first time staying at the Yacht Club and we are super excited! The first room will have myself, my DS, DSW, DGD5 and DGD8 and second room will have DS32 and DS25. I'm hoping for some tips on room requests. We are hoping overlooking the Gazebo, high floor close to lobby (such as room 4091).
    Absolutely- so sorry it has taken me so long to get to this. I'm way behind. I read all of the posts here at least once a day, but I don't always have the chance to update or respond.

I WILL get your trip added to the list before you actually go on vacation!

:blush:

heaven2dc

DIS Veteran
    Absolutely- so sorry it has taken me so long to get to this. I'm way behind. I read all of the posts here at least once a day, but I don't always have the chance to update or respond.

I WILL get your trip added to the list before you actually go on vacation!

:blush:
    Thank you! I'm sorry I sounded so impatient! Just so super excited for our return home!

heaven2dc

DIS Veteran
    We are here! Flight left at 6am, delays due to storms and we finally arrived within minutes of our Beaches and Cream 3pm reservation.

I was a bit irked because as of 3:30 our YC room was still not ready. Then I got a msg to go to the desk in regards to my reservation. I just knew they’d overbooked and were going to try and move me....but noooo. I got upgraded to Club Level!!!

I’m over the moon!
    Congratulations on the upgrade! That is awesome!!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS