Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Page 1435

thank you so much! We are going in May! Can't wait!!!
Awesome!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

We just got back and it opened at 9am and I *think* closed at 11pm. I'm not positive about closing time but I think I remember being in the room close to 11 one night and it was still open.
Thanks for the info!

:fish:

I'm not sure if they were old or new outfits, but this is what they were wearing when we were there on Sunday.
The outfits are very cute.

What did you think of the breakfast and the character interaction?

:thumbsup2

I was having dinner with a friend last week and she was asking about my Disney plans. She has been a lot with her family but it's been a few years. I told her we were going to take DME to BC and she gave me some warnings that it takes a long time and one time her sister's luggage was missing for a whole day. Kinda made me nervous. I don't really want to sit on a bus for 2 hours with 2 toddlers after we just had a 3 hour flight. I sort of just want to get to the resort. So I was thinking about getting a rental car one way dropping it off at Dolphin (read that a few pages back) or taking a car service like Tiffany town car (also read about a few pages ago). The rental car would be about $60 and the car service about $85. We will have 2 carseats that we use on the plane. Last time we went to WDW we rented a car for the week and it worked out well. I wouldn't keep it more than the 1st day though. Both of these options would allow for a quick drop to get a case of bottled water- I love water and drink copious amounts of it. (The cl lounge doesn't have bottled water unless you ask, right? ) Scanning in at the gate to dropped off my dad and the kids might accrue charges?
:welcome:

When is your trip?

It can take up to a couple of hours to get to Disney on DME, but in my experience it has usually been less.

If you tag your luggage it will take several hours to arrive- you also won't see it until you get to your room when that is ready.

You are correct, either renting a car or getting a car service after picking up your luggage will allow you to make a stop to pick up water and anything else you need, plus you will have your suitcases with you. If your room is not ready, you will need to have bell services hold on to your bags if you don't want to drag them around. You will be able to use the pool and other resort amenities once you are checked in (either online or in person)

You shouldn't accrue parking charges if you are just dropping off family and luggage, but if you arrive by car, let the person in the guard shack know that you are not parking there for your stay.

:goodvibes

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
I was having dinner with a friend last week and she was asking about my Disney plans. She has been a lot with her family but it's been a few years. I told her we were going to take DME to BC and she gave me some warnings that it takes a long time and one time her sister's luggage was missing for a whole day. Kinda made me nervous. I don't really want to sit on a bus for 2 hours with 2 toddlers after we just had a 3 hour flight. I sort of just want to get to the resort. So I was thinking about getting a rental car one way dropping it off at Dolphin (read that a few pages back) or taking a car service like Tiffany town car (also read about a few pages ago). The rental car would be about $60 and the car service about $85. We will have 2 carseats that we use on the plane. Last time we went to WDW we rented a car for the week and it worked out well. I wouldn't keep it more than the 1st day though. Both of these options would allow for a quick drop to get a case of bottled water- I love water and drink copious amounts of it. (The cl lounge doesn't have bottled water unless you ask, right? ) Scanning in at the gate to dropped off my dad and the kids might accrue charges?
The average time to reach your resort on DME is about 90 minutes from deplaning to resort. That includes walking to DME, waiting for the bus and travel time. We have never sat on the bus for 2 hours.
Have you considered the difficulty in collecting your luggage at baggage claim with 2 young toddlers. Then getting it to your transportation?
I would relax, take DME and let Disney do the work,.

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
The average time to reach your resort on DME is about 90 minutes from deplaning to resort. That includes walking to DME, waiting for the bus and travel time. We have never sat on the bus for 2 hours.
Have you considered the difficulty in collecting your luggage at baggage claim with 2 young toddlers. Then getting it to your transportation?
I would relax, take DME and let Disney do the work,.
I agree. Plus, DME plays Disney cartoons, trivia questions, etc - my kids love watching those on the way to the resort! You won’t even notice the time!

• Cinderumbrella

DIS Veteran
    I have 20+ trips using DME and only had 1 minor luggage issue (we switched resorts last minute and the luggage still went there. Front desk assisted and it was delivered an hour later). Chances are if your friend had luggage missing for a day, it was airline related not DME (or they were surprised that it takes several hours to be delivered which turned into “a whole day!!!”)

I’ve always been to my resort within 90 minutes of landing. And I have been the last stop of 5 drop offs.

If you opt to rent or use a service, make sure it’s a big enough car to handle luggage and presumably strollers.

Alli76

DIS Veteran
    We had a garden view room that faced the gazebo that had a partial view of Crescent Lake. We absolutely loved that room.
    We have had that same room/view and no doubt about it - it is our favorite!!!

FWIW - we have never had a problem with DME. The wait may depend slightly on what time your plane arrives. If it is an off time - the waits are usually a little longer. But really it isn't that bad. Remember if you rent a car you may have to wait in line there as well. Also - we have always just purchased cases of bottled water at the resort. I know that it would be cheaper somewhere else - but it isn't that bad and for me wouldn't justify the stop and rental car/car service. If you wanted to stop for more things - that would make more sense to me.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    Re: DME, I must have the worst luck. We have only used it twice, both times to YC. Both times took at least 2 hours. Last time was the morning of Feb 3rd. It took over 2.5 hours from landing to YC. We were in the front of the plane & so off quick, so that wasn’t the problem. There was no line to check in, we walked right up to a worker. We waited in line inside for about 15- 20 minutes before being called to a bus. Then we waited another 15 - 20 as more people trickled in. We were the last of the 4 stop Sign: CBR, BWI, BC & then TC. We landed at 9:30 & didn’t get to YC til 12:15. And then we waited a few minutes for the bus to be able to pull up to the front to let us off.

We usually use Tiffany Towncar. Even waiting for our luggage, we are usually pulling into YC about an hour after landing. I wish we had better luck with DME, but it is aggravating thinking I could already be at my resort & I’m still sitting on a bus at the airport. So I like to throw that caution out there. DME might take a good bit longer than anticipated.

Last edited:

bpx2

Mouseketeer
    The outfits are very cute.

What did you think of the breakfast and the character interaction?

:thumbsup2
    Cape May breakfast was great! We grabbed a reservation a day or two before for 8:45am and were seated right away. The food wasn't super extensive but there was plenty to eat and we enjoyed the omelet station.

The character interaction was also great and didn't feel rushed even though we were a party of two adults. Our waiter was on top of things and we were in and out in just under an hour. We saw all the characters during that time and even saw Minnie and Daisy twice.

• bookbunny

I LOVE POP CENTURY!!!
    I have a question. We stayed in a room last year that we loved and was hoping to get again this year. What do you think of the odds of requesting it?

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
    Question?

On a hotel transfer from Coronado Springs to Yacht Club CL whats the earliest you think they will allow me to check in. Was hoping to get out of Coronado by around 10am and be at YC by 11-12ish.

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    I have a question. We stayed in a room last year that we loved and was hoping to get again this year. What do you think of the odds of requesting it?
    I would say that your chances are slim to none. That room would need to be vacant the day you check in for the exact length of your stay or longer.
    We never recommend requesting a specific room, but rather request the features of that room - location that you liked

• Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Question?

On a hotel transfer from Coronado Springs to Yacht Club CL whats the earliest you think they will allow me to check in. Was hoping to get out of Coronado by around 10am and be at YC by 11-12ish.
    They will allow you to check in as early as 6 AM ish. But when your room will be ready is a totally different matter. If you are willing, when you check in tell them you will take the first available room, so no other requests.
    We have had rooms ready at 10 AM and after 4 PM
    Good Luck

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
    They will allow you to check in as early as 6 AM ish. But when your room will be ready is a totally different matter. If you are willing, when you check in tell them you will take the first available room, so no other requests.
    We have had rooms ready at 10 AM and after 4 PM
    Good Luck
    Yeah Id like to maximize my Club Level time and be able to spend the day at YC pool versus CS. Maybe I should bring a carry on bag with me to change since I will also be transferring luggage. Thanks :)

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
    Question?

You can check in pretty darn early, I do it all the time. Sometimes they find a room for me right away, but most often I have to wait for the text later in the day. I'd bring a day bag just in case! Editing to add since you replied to someone else above: You can definitely check in & then go use the pool. Bring a change of clothes and go have fun. They also have showers so if you swim & your room still isn't ready for whatever reason you have a spot to rinse off & put dry clothes on.

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Yeah Id like to maximize my Club Level time and be able to spend the day at YC pool versus CS. Maybe I should bring a carry on bag with me to change since I will also be transferring luggage. Thanks :)
    Once y ou check in (could be 6 AM if you wish), you are a guest of that resort, even if your room is not ready. You can use all facilities including SAB pool and the Concierge Lounge if you are staying CL. Definitely being what you need in a Carry on bag. Your luggage will not arrive until late afternoon, early evening. It is transferred once per day, in the late afternoon regardless of how early you give it to Bell Services

jhoannam

Planner-aholic
    We're going from Pop to YC CL in August, my plan is to head over there at 7AM, drop off a backpack full of swim gear with Bell Services, grab some breakfast at the lounge and to take boat over to HS. We too want to maximize our CL stay.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Is it possible to upgrade or add on CL at checkin like you can at WL?
    As far as we know, that option is only available at the WL.

The WL decided to offer that option for a couple reasons. First of all, the WL lost half of the rooms that were on the club level floor when they converted to DVC units. Secondly, a CM told me that none of the club level rooms had a true view because of the deep dormer balconies, and they wanted to offer lounge access to guests who wanted a good view. Plus, it seems as if the BC and YC already have plenty of guests and they don't need more people in the lounge. The lounge at the WL has very few people in it most of the time.

CaleCakes

Mouseketeer
    Thank you to everyone who responded about DME. I was starting to feel like I should just take it since the reviews were going in a positive direction, and yes schlepping my own luggage, car seats, and toddlers isn't idea (but we travel a lot so I have a system), but then "focusondisney" solidified my decision. It would be my luck that we deplane at 9:15 and don't get to the resort until after 12. I decided on Tiffany Towncar mini van. It'll work out well. We get picked up, a quick stop for waters, then I don't have to get a rental back anywhere.
    But about the water, I can buy a case at the resort and have it brought to the room? Is this done ahead of time?

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

Secretly prefers Tangled to Frozen...
    View attachment 393710 View attachment 393711

The biggest surprise was Ale and Compass and its lounge. The food was really, really delicious and the atmosphere was quiet and, dare I say, sophisticated?! I’m posting a couple of pictures. One is a pic of the shrimp and grits at Ale and Compass breakfast and the other, the baked feta and buffalo cauliflower at the Ale and Compass Lounge. We lamented that we ran out of time and didn’t get to eat here again.
    Very pleased now that we have an ADR here in September!

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    Thank you to everyone who responded about DME. I was starting to feel like I should just take it since the reviews were going in a positive direction, and yes schlepping my own luggage, car seats, and toddlers isn't idea (but we travel a lot so I have a system), but then "focusondisney" solidified my decision. It would be my luck that we deplane at 9:15 and don't get to the resort until after 12. I decided on Tiffany Towncar mini van. It'll work out well. We get picked up, a quick stop for waters, then I don't have to get a rental back anywhere.
    But about the water, I can buy a case at the resort and have it brought to the room? Is this done ahead of time?
    The water is not delivered to your room. You would have to carry it. Also I don't believe they sell cases anymore. I think they now sell, I think it is 8 packs, of 12 oz water

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS