Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I checked the first post, but couldn't tell from the pictures....do the new locker rooms at YC have hairdryers? Thank you!!!

PCFriar80

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I checked the first post, but couldn't tell from the pictures....do the new locker rooms at YC have hairdryers? Thank you!!!
Funny that you ask. They’re supposed to, but according to the CMs working the area they tend to disappear. This happened to my wife (no hair dryer) during our October trip but the salon / spa let her use one of their hair dryers.

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
Funny that you ask. They’re supposed to, but according to the CMs working the area they tend to disappear. This happened to my wife (no hair dryer) during our October trip but the salon / spa let her use one of their hair dryers.
Since they opened the locker rooms, I have never seen a hairdryer. I don't think they "disappear" so much as BC/YC has never placed them there.

• always

Mouseketeer
    Where are the "new" locker rooms? From what I gathered here the place I showered in 2012 on check out day is no longer accessible to pool guests?

Tess

DIS Veteran - 1997
    Where are the "new" locker rooms? From what I gathered here the place I showered in 2012 on check out day is no longer accessible to pool guests?
    The new locker rooms are located on the walkway between YC/BC. I believe it is just past the arcade but before the hair salon/spa--at least in that general vicinity. There are women's, men's and family centered locker rooms.

May 2017- Showers have been added to the large poolside bathrooms !!!

Pictures of Pool side shower room, May 2017

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
    The new locker rooms are located on the walkway between YC/BC. I believe it is just past the arcade but before the hair salon/spa--at least in that general vicinity. There are women's, men's and family centered locker rooms.

May 2017- Showers have been added to the large poolside bathrooms !!!

Pictures of Pool side shower room, May 2017

Thanks for the post ! This is fantastic. We arrive at 9 A.M. from our flights and had plans to swim all day . We have reservations at 2:40 and would love a quick shower because chances are our room won’t be ready for check in.

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
    @ninafeliz thank you for answering @Euby ! I was doing so well at updates and pictures and by day 3 my late night Dis time became resting from parks haha. Settling back in now that I am back and missing BC at GF a lot :sad1:

• Cluelyss

DIS Veteran
    Since they opened the locker rooms, I have never seen a hairdryer. I don't think they "disappear" so much as BC/YC has never placed them there.
    Thank you both!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1430

Yikes! I didn't realize I had gotten so far behind

:sad2:

Hi there,

Super excited to stay @ BC for 1st time. My family will b visiting 6/6-6/13. We usually plan our trips 1st week of May and early November bc I swore I would never visit during the Summer; however; kids won and June here we come.

In addition, any Mermaid Training participants out there? I’m looking forward to hearing reviews. It would b right up my 5 y/o’s alley. I haven’t told her about it just in case its a bust. Also, would love to hear input on the new Captain Hooks Pirate Crew Adventure. My husbands a bit nervous reserving this one since kids only, ages
    4-12, although I know she would love it!

Lastly, would love to hear from anyone w/ experience scheduling guided vision excursion from Crescent Lake. My husband and son are very interested on our day off.

Truly appreciate this great thread and everyone have a Blessed and Magical Day:)!
    :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

We haven't seen any reviews of the new Mermaid Experience or the Pirate Crew Adventure, but I hope some folks will share their experiences with these activities.

Here are a couple of reviews of the fishing excursion:

Guided Fishing Excursions
    Guided Fishing Excursions are available daily at 7am, 10am, and 1:30pm. For reservations, please call 407-WDW-BASS.

:fish:

Hi All! Excited to be returning to the BC/YC....this time at the YC! We will be there August 8 - 17 and we can't wait....bring on the summer!
    :welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

Super excited to be staying at YC for the first time May 21-26. It will be a girls trip with my mom, myself & my two daughters with my mom's best friend joining us as well. I am going to attempt room request thru touring plans. We have planned an "unplanned" day for Flower and Garden Food booth tastings and I am trying to decide on a late dinner reservation. We have narrowed it down to Chefs de France, Le Cellier or Flying Fish.

I'll add you to the list. Girls trips are so much fun!

:woohoo:

I have only dined at Le Cellier, so I can't really give you an opinion your dining selection.

:confused3

Little does my DH know the urge to return to Disney is starting to get strong!!!! And so I have started to quietly plan a trip for next year! I have asked my family many times when we return whether they wanted to go back to YC or try something new. The overwhelming response was we LOVE YC.. Don't want to even think of something new!!! And so YC 2020 it is! Now the hard part of finding a time in our school and sports schedules to make it work. That is getting harder and harder as my kids get older.
    Good luck with your planning. I hope you can get your family members calendars in synch for next year.

:thumbsup2

I have a BCV studio booked for our May trip and I am second guessing it. Is it smaller than the regular YC and BC rooms? My kids always want to stay at YC or BC but my choices with the AP discount are BCV studio or BC CL. I'm not springing for CL, so studio is it. I am deciding btwn the studio and an OKW 1 bedroom. It will be myself and the 3 kids for the week. DH will pop in for 3 nights mid-trip. We are generally fine in a regular room, so hoping the studio isn't tiny...

Sorry you have been having trouble finding discounts at the regular resort.

I'll leave it to others to comment about the size differences. There are also a few links with comparisons in Post 16 on Page 1.

::yes::

We are wrapping up our stay at BC. Wow, we are in love with it here! So beautiful-the grounds, pool and decor. Friendly staff. Love the lobby scent (before Cape May opens ) Stormalong Bay has been empty pretty much the whole trip-I guess bc it’s been breezy and we tend to go at night? Bus and boats have been timely. We love the slide and pools. We’re on the far end close to Epcot which has been amazing. We can see the HS fireworks from our room. Pretty much everything has been fantastic. If we’re lucky enough to score another AP discount we will definitely be back!
    So glad to hear you had a fantastic stay and loved the report!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

:cool2:

Turksmom

DIS Veteran
    Now that you've gotten all caught up on the guest thread, would you please add me for 6/20-24 at YC. Beach is our favorite resort, but couldn't match the YC discount for this trip and I'm excited to try it. I spent half of my life on a boat, so I figure I'll feel right at home!

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee

Holy Morning Sugar Rush, Batman!

Briar Rose Gold Tart.jpg

This orange cream tart can be found at the Yacht Club’s Market at Ale & Compass and at the Beach Club Marketplace, and it is officially available today! Buuuuut the DFB is intrepid, and when we stopped in to try it yesterday, the cast member let us have one! (Further proof that it can’t hurt to ask at Disney World!)

This square tart is covered in a marbled mirror glaze that perfectly suits the princess who inspired it. It’s edged in sweet buttercream, which adds the biggest hit of sugar in the dessert.

Inside the tart is a thick vanilla custard that’s so dense as to eat more like a cheesecake. The orange cream comes in the (too) thin layer of orange custard on the bottom. Fans of orange won’t be thrilled that the flavor is so subtle, but if you’re in it more for the vanilla cream and the sweet pink color, you’ll be happy!

The Briar Rose Gold Ears on top are comprised of white chocolate discs and bow, tinted rose gold (er, sorry: BRIAR rose gold) and dusted with copious amounts of edible glitter.

:eek:

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1431-1432

Does anyone have recent pictures of the characters at the Cape May breakfast? Somebody told me they got new costumes but can't find any pictures anywhere. Can't wait to return to Beach Club in late May.
    :welcome: to posting on this thread!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I didn't know there were new costumes for the Cape May characters!

Anyone have recent pix?

:magnify:

Odd question, but I can always count on this board to pull through :D- can anyone tell me roughly how much a loaf of bread is at the Marketplace?

We usually order it with our grocery delivery but on our next trip we're just passing through and not ordering groceries. I'd still like PBJ supplies for DS2 but I can't see stuffing a loaf of bread into my luggage o_O
    Wow, great suggestion about taking a few slices of bread to have when needed- loved your explanation in a later post.

I don't think I have your upcoming trip logged in. Do you want it logged in?

I spoke with a manager this AM about the coffee maker status for BC and here’s what I was told. All Club Level rooms and suites have nespresso machines. Kurieg is in some rooms but not all and the conversion to all kuriegs is happening but going slowly. She had no timeframe for the complete conversion.

In other news, the BCV studios now have “real” plates and bowls and are no longer stocked with paper plates and bowls. Interestingly enough the utensils are still plastic. The other dilemma is that the plates are so big that they don’t fit in the kitchenette sink so cleaning them is a little clumsy?

That’s all I got for now. 2 more days until our 1/2 marathon on Sunday! The 5kers had a delay this AM dodging heavy rain and some thunder and lightening. It was a long morning for them!
    OMG! THANK YOU so much for taking time to ask about this.

And, what???

So I know the lounge has the big space-age-I'm-scared-to-use-it Nespresso machine, but what is this about having them in the CL rooms and suites? Or did they mean Keurig? If not, is there anyone who has stayed BC CL recently, or will soon who can provide pictures of the coffee makers in the room.

:coffee:

:thanks:

Hi!

Can you add me to the Beach Club for Friday August 30th with checkout on Tuesday September 3.

I'm traveling solo and am in a Standard room. I plan to spend most of my time at the pools with early in the day forays into Epcot for Food and Wine before it gets too hot!

Sure thing! Your trip sounds delightful.

:cool2:

Just booked our 1st BC stay! We will be there June 19-23, celebrating both my kids’ birthdays (and mine the day before we leave)!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list.

:cake:

Now that you've gotten all caught up on the guest thread, would you please add me for 6/20-24 at YC. Beach is our favorite resort, but couldn't match the YC discount for this trip and I'm excited to try it. I spent half of my life on a boat, so I figure I'll feel right at home!

No worries. I am so not caught up on the list, but going to update it now, so perfect timing!!!

True dat! The YC rooms were designed to resemble the cabin on a cruise ship, or so the legend goes. I look forward to checking out the "new" YC rooms during my stay in October.

:woohoo:

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    PARKING

Thanks for all of the posts about parking, especially the warning to check your bill/folio at checkout to see if you have been mistakenly charged a parking fee at the resort.

I don't ever pahk a cah when at Disney, so I appreciate when others provide info.

Can you folks clarify some things for me:

What is the parking charge, per night, if you have a car during your stay at Yacht & Beach?

Are there any discounts on the parking fee (Annual Passholders, anything else?)

How is the parking situation currently? Plenty of spaces? Decent locations or are you walking for days from the back of the lot?

We will be driving and understand there is now a fee for parking. If we valet park, is this an additional cost to the regular parking fee or is it instead of?
    Correction, it is $33/night plus, of course, tip.
    :thanks:

:car:

Kaufeegurl

Mouseketeer
    We will be at BCV in September! 9/8 - 9/15. This will be our first trip to this resort as BCV DVC owners. Can anyone comment on where we can get lunch on our check-in day? Our flight lands early (9:30) so we plan on ME from the airport and then some mini-golf and relaxing by the pool before heading to a park for the evening. Is there a must stop for lunch on the walk from mini golf back to the resort? Eat by the pool? I am so bummed that B&C will be closed for refurbishment - I was so looking forward to eating there! I hear Hurricane Hannah's has stepped up their game and might be a good choice and I also hear rumors of a satellite B&C location!!!????

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    We will be at BCV in September! 9/8 - 9/15. This will be our first trip to this resort as new DVC owners. Can anyone comment on where we can get lunch on our check-in day? Our flight lands early (9:30) so we plan on ME from the airport and then some mini-golf and relaxing by the pool before heading to a park for the evening. Is there a must stop for lunch on the walk from mini golf back to the resort? Eat by the pool? I am so bummed that B&C will be closed for refurbishment - I was so looking forward to eating there! I hear Hurricane Hannah's has stepped up their game and might be a good choice and I also hear rumors of a satellite B&C location!!!????
    :welcome: home!

If I recall correctly (I've never been so others will have to confirm), there is an excellent counter service option at the Swalfin.

That's on the way back to the resort from the mini-golf, right?

I'm assuming the dining plan is not accepted there.

Lunch by the pool sounds delightful. You may be able to find something decent at Hurricane Hanna's. Check out the menu shortly before your trip as there are frequent changes.

There have been conflicting rumours about the alternate location for Beaches & Cream during the renovations. We will keep everyone posted as soon as we hear something!

::yes::

ETA: Garden Grove at the Swan

Here's a selection of the listing from the lunch menu. I believe they have a 20% discount for DVC members

Entrees
    Maine Lobster Roll - Maine lobster, hellmann's mayonnaise, shaved celery, toasted milk bread $21
    Fish Tacos - Local Mahi, Cilantro-Lime Cream, Pico de Gallo, Avocado, Red Cabbage $17
    Braised Short Rib Sandwich - slowly braised short rib, house made giardiniera, smoked gouda $18
    Monte Cristo Sandwich - black forest ham, gruyere cheese, dijonaisse spread on brioche bread $15
    Garden Grove Burger - cheese, Honey Pepper Bacon, Avocado, Onion Strings $16
    Chick Pea Shawarma - braised chick peas, warm naan bread, fresh parsley, creamy garlic dill cucumber sauce, shredded iceberg, pepperoncini $15
    Meatball Hoagie - pork meatballs braised in tomato sauce, sharp provolone, soft Italian roll $17
    Chicken BLT - romesco, heirloom tomato, sourdough, arugula $16

Sandwiches

Pulled Pork Sandwich - Carolina-style smoked pork shoulder, tangy house-made barbecue sauce, red pepper jam, coleslaw $17.00
    Pastrami on Rye - thinly sliced pastrami, garlic spread, pickled mustard seed, shaved dill pickle, marble rye bread $16.00
    Compressed Watermelon Salad - late harvest Florida watermelon, arugula, marinated feta, spiced pumpkin seeds, white balsamic vinaigrette, sea salt $16.00

Last edited:

ScubaCat

DIS Veteran
    Can you folks clarify some things for me:

What is the parking charge, per night, if you have a car during your stay at Yacht & Beach?

Are there any discounts on the parking fee (Annual Passholders, anything else?)
    $24 per night, no discounts.

The only exception is there is no folio charge if you're staying on DVC points (owned or rented) or if you book a cash reservation thru DVC. And that's only because it's already paid for in the maintenance fees.

EdnaMarieMode

DIS Veteran

Wow, great suggestion about taking a few slices of bread to have when needed- loved your explanation in a later post.​

I don't think I have your upcoming trip logged in. Do you want it logged in?

Thanks! I didn't bother having it added because we are stopping for 1 night only. Long story short, DH's work needed him to shift a day, he replied that we had already made our plans for the week (incurring expenses of our own), and they offered to comp a night "anywhere" so we added the day and I'm just glad that we're stopping "home" (and that we travel light- 3 resorts in 1 week is more than I'm used to).

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    We will be at BCV in September! 9/8 - 9/15. This will be our first trip to this resort as new DVC owners. Can anyone comment on where we can get lunch on our check-in day? Our flight lands early (9:30) so we plan on ME from the airport and then some mini-golf and relaxing by the pool before heading to a park for the evening. Is there a must stop for lunch on the walk from mini golf back to the resort? Eat by the pool? I am so bummed that B&C will be closed for refurbishment - I was so looking forward to eating there! I hear Hurricane Hannah's has stepped up their game and might be a good choice and I also hear rumors of a satellite B&C location!!!????
    If you use this link you can scroll down to each hotel in the Epcot Resort area to see the restaurant menus (Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk)
    http://allears.net/dining/menu

Swan and Dolphin often have discounts for DVC members. This website lets you click on a restaurant, store, etc., and it tells you whether they offer DVC, AP, Disney Visa and/or Tables In Wonderland discounts:
    http://mouseperks.com/dining_resorts.html

You also should check the DVC member website to see if there is an updated list of discounts.

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS