Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
Can't believe I'm down to a single digit wait now! We are staying at the Beach Club Villas on rented points through David's. Any last minute tips/tricks anyone has? This is our first DVC stay and it's just the wife and I.
Bring your own coffee and basket type filters. You should have one welcome packet in the room when you arrive, but then you are on your own. :)

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

naylor90

Earning My Ears
So excited to be checking into the BC July 4-11!! Hoping to spend lots of time at SAB and to see Illuminations a lot before it goes away!

• crostorfer

Gryffindor Gal
    Going back for a 2nd stay at the BC for easy access to F&W September 15-18th, before a move over to Uni for HHN. We’ve got a water view room, but I’m kind of hoping to actually downgrade to a woods/garden view, we just want to be as close to the IG as possible. The Boardwalk is by far our favorite resort, but in mid-September it’s 484736262839393 million degrees, and in that weather we chose the better pool over the better atmosphere.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    So excited to be checking into the BC July 4-11!! Hoping to spend lots of time at SAB and to see Illuminations a lot before it goes away!
    We stayed at the BC for 4th of July in 2017 and had a great time. The resort had a lot of activities, including a beach party. And then we walked into Epcot that night for the special 4th of July fireworks. Not only were the fireworks really good, but being able to walk back to the resort afterwards was wonderful. Just make sure that you can see the America building from where you are standing. They shoot some fireworks off over the building and we were standing in France and couldn't see them. But the rest of it was great. :)

dsnyfan608

Mouseketeer
    A couple of questions for the experts....

How late is SAB open in June?
    Any place to get a quick breakfast at the yacht club? Something like a danish or cinnamon roll

TIA

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Any place to get a quick breakfast at the yacht club? Something like a danish or cinnamon roll

TIA

The Market at Ale & Compass has fresh bakery, beverages, and light cooked breakfast items.

There is an area with seating.

The cinnamon rolls can be warmed, are good-sized, and are very good.

disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-market/menus/breakfast/

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    A couple of questions for the experts....

How late is SAB open in June?

TIA
    The pool time at SAB changes all the time, so it is really hard to know what the hours will be in June. We were there last year in June and I think SAB was open until 10pm.

The Market place in the Yacht Club has brought back the most delicious pecan nut roll in the world. It is in the warming section along with some other food that is served warm and we were thrilled to find it there recently. :)

Last edited:

Crazyhorse

DIS Veteran
    Just a quick note.....We're back! Yes, we've been staying at the BWI Club Level Deluxe for the last few Decembers. In between, we were fortunate enough to grab one of the Yacht Club deluxe rooms...TP call's them Junior Suites. What happened to those? I see they aren't part of the room request section in DME anymore. Loved that room, loved the lack of carpet, new bathroom, etc. So...I just changed our 2019 December trip from the BWI deluxe to the Yacht Club, Water view/club level. For a quick birthday trip, I also booked a 5 night stay in mid May, AP rate of $360 per night, water view, not club level, at the Yacht Club. We're gonna overdose on the Yacht Club this year:). The BWI club is amazing but I think we're just tired of the tired rooms and are ready to come back to the best pool on property! Even us seniors can appreciate a great pool! Can't wait!!!!

hdrolfe

DIS Veteran
    After a round about journey we have switched from Yacht Club to Beach Club. I thought we could "down grade" to a Mod or Value but kept thinking about it and just couldn't. So by the time I switched through a few options the Yacht Club room/deal I had was gone and only Beach Club Garden view available (well I think water view was too but it cost a lot more!). I am glad to try out Beach Club, it's the same pool after all :) And closer walk to Epcot. Totally blowing the budget and we haven't even gotten there yet :) Now I just have to worry about whether it will be crazy busy with GE opening, but we'll have a blast any way!

• jacobjennasmom

Earning My Ears
    Hi! We check in for our first Beach Club stay in two weeks and I just had a quick questions.Does anyone know if they provide the small bottles of shampoo/conditioner etc at the BCV or are they the kind mounted to the wall? Was just curious as my daughter loves the small toiletries and was wondering what the BC had. Thanks!!

Momager

Mouseketeer
    I'm sorry if this has been asked 1,000 times, but I could't find it.

Does the Beach Club still have the tiny bottles of shampoo & conditioner, or do they have the dispenser in the shower?? With 4 girls staying in one room (plus my hubs but he shaves his head, so we don't have to worry about him ;) ) I'm really hoping for the dispenser!

Otherwise can I buy some at the gift shop in the hotel??

TIA!

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    Hi! We check in for our first Beach Club stay in two weeks and I just had a quick questions.Does anyone know if they provide the small bottles of shampoo/conditioner etc at the BCV or are they the kind mounted to the wall? Was just curious as my daughter loves the small toiletries and was wondering what the BC had. Thanks!!

Does the Beach Club still have the tiny bottles of shampoo & conditioner, or do they have the dispenser in the shower?? With 4 girls staying in one room (plus my hubs but he shaves his head, so we don't have to worry about him ;) ) I'm really hoping for the dispenser!

TIA!
    We were at YC Feb 3-8. As of then, still the individual bottles of body wash, shampoo & conditioner. I haven’t read any reports of wall mounted toiletries at Y & B yet.

PolyRob

DIS Veteran

TIA!
    BC Marketplace had travel-sized Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner in addition to the large Disney Resorts H2O products on my last trip.

If you're ok with using the H2O products, I would just call housekeeping and request additional shampoo & conditioner. They should bring it no problem!

GraceMonica

DIS Veteran
    I'm back to reality after a lovely 3 night stay at the YC CL. We booked a SV but were pixie dusted with a GV with a partial view of the water.

We had room 5198 which we absolutely loved. There were no guest rooms on either side of us which made for a very quiet weekend. I was very happy to not have a connecting door to the room. There were a few rooms across the hall, but we rarely heard those guests.

I really wish I remembered to snap pictures of the room because it was really quite lovely. It had a large chair with an ottoman instead of a sleeper sofa. It also had night stands on either side of the bed with outlets and USB ports. Across from the chair/ottoman was the desk with a chair. Because it had a king bed, the room felt so spacious. I felt like it would be perfect for honeymooners.

My husband and I enjoyed the lounge on many occasions during this trip. Luckily, we got to the resort a little after 10am and were able to grab a little to eat as soon as we got there.

Every single CM we encountered at the YC were super friendly and so happy. Every time we got near a CM they would greet us and sometimes ask us how our day is going. Our last two trips were at the poly and grand floridian and we definitely didn't see interactions like this at either of those resorts. I felt ignored there (probably because my husband and I dont look like the type of people who would be staying at those resorts) but at the YC even the other guests were a lot friendlier than the people we encountered on our last visits.

I will say though, I thought my husband would absolutely love the location of the YC. It was his first epcot resort stay after only experiencing MK resorts. I was shocked to find out he prefers to be near MK! Our next trip will be at the contemporary but it wont be for a few years because we know we want TPV and possibly club level.

We will also go back to visiting during late October. The crowds this trip were ridiculous. (Spring break, I know, but I can't change when my birthday is!) The blazing sunshine was unwanted. Tuesday was cloudy and crowded but the crowds were manageable because the sun wasnt beating down on us.

Last thing to note: the bed was amazing. :cloud9: My husband and I started booking shorter trips to WDW because the beds have been horrible. (poly was by far the worst) My husband was pretty bummed to come home (to our tempur-pedic) after laying in the clouds for a few days. I already ordered a big fluffy mattress topper to try to recreate the cloud bed we slept in.

mckenk

Mouseketeer
    We stayed in a studio for two days this week, and we booked through Disney. We have the bottles and they are each 2oz. They gave us new ones on the second morning, even though we barely touched the first set.

bpx2

Mouseketeer
    Hello all! My husband and I decided last minute to stay at the Yacht Club April 5th-10th for a "babymoon." We were originally looking at staying at a beach resort somewhere in Florida, but realized that a resort-only stay at Disney sounded better.

Our last trip in November was a 7 night CL stay at the Contemporary (and AKL for our arrival night) and was very parks heavy so we're looking forward to a more leisurely trip this time. Although, I don't know if I'll be able to stay out of the parks - might have to pop into Magic Kingdom one day :rolleyes1

Thanks to everyone for all the great information on this thread! I have never planned a trip this last minute, and we've never been to the Boardwalk area so everything is new to us!

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS