Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

New (old) change to the transportation procedure to the water parks- starting March 17, 2019 Disney will go back to offering direct, but shared, buses from the resorts to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. For the Yacht & Beach Club, buses will be shared with the Boardwalk and Swan and Dolphin resorts:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-bus-routes-for-walt-disney-world-water-parks-2/

:fish:
Remember when it was a tag-a-long ride to either AK or Springs (then Downtown)? I hope it’s not that again. Makes the rides longer to AK and/or Springs.

I’m sure it was killing the water parks to have no easy access.

Remember when it was a tag-a-long ride to either AK or Springs (then Downtown)? I hope it’s not that again. Makes the rides longer to AK and/or Springs.

I read on another thread that it is dedicated busses, and not the stops on the way to DS and AKL like it was at one time.

IMHO It is worth paying for Uber to go to and from the water parks.

Missing YC now. Thanks for your work @natebenma staying on top of this thread.

Just wanted to pop in to report on our Beach Club club level stay last week. My husband and I stayed four nights last week and we loved it. It was our first club level stay so other than what I read here, I had no idea what to expect. As many have mentioned, I’m not sure I could go back to a “regular” room LOL. We were booked in a standard view room, but had an amazing view of Stormalong Bay (roof view if we looked to the right). We were just a short walk from the lounge. We found the food offerings more than adequate. Loved the breakfast choices every day. Popped in only once during the snack times. I think we grabbed a cookie and some iced tea. As it turned out, twice we had either a big lunch or a late lunch so we were able to make a meal of the evening food offerings. The desserts were amazing. Happy to answer any questions anyone might have :-).
What was the typical night time offerings? Something for kids ? We are booked at YC CL early June. I heard both offer similar offerings. Also was there any bottled water? Thanks

What was the typical night time offerings? Something for kids ? We are booked at YC CL early June. I heard both offer similar offerings. Also was there any bottled water? Thanks

We stay at YC a few times a year, last time was in February. Some nights have a Mac & cheese bar as 1 of the hot items. They had about 3 things to add in, but can’t remember exactly what since I didn’t have any. Other nights had mini pigs in a blanket with ketchup & mustard for dipping. And they always have rolls with peanut butter & jelly so you can make PB&J sandwiches. No bottles of water.

We stay at YC a few times a year, last time was in February. Some nights have a Mac & cheese bar as 1 of the hot items. They had about 3 things to add in, but can’t remember exactly what since I didn’t have any. Other nights had mini pigs in a blanket with ketchup & mustard for dipping. And they always have rolls with peanut butter & jelly so you can make PB&J sandwiches. No bottles of water.
You forgot the delicious chicken nuggets lol

We are staying at YC for the first time from April 5th through April 9th. We were originally going to stay at Wilderness Lodge, but my 10 year old daughter and her best friend are going and SAB is to enticing to pass up. I'm running all of the Star Wars races this weekend but look forward to being so close to Epcot and HS and just being around the Boardwalk at night. I'm still following along but really appreciate all of the great discussion here about the resorts. My family is so excited to stay at Yacht Club.

Can't believe I'm down to a single digit wait now! We are staying at the Beach Club Villas on rented points through David's. Any last minute tips/tricks anyone has? This is our first DVC stay and it's just the wife and I.

Can't believe I'm down to a single digit wait now! We are staying at the Beach Club Villas on rented points through David's. Any last minute tips/tricks anyone has? This is our first DVC stay and it's just the wife and I.
Soak it all in!! Enjoy the closeness to Epcot and visit often! Also, a leisurely walk over to Hollywood studios. Obviously, you'll need to experience SAB but we enjoy the quietness of the Dunes Cove Pool at the Villas. Take a lap to 2 around Crescent Lake; early in the morning and night time.
If you're in to running [or walking] they have the Regatta Run every Thursday morning. You'll have a great time regardless of how you plan to spend your time with a variety of resort options and easy access to two of the theme parks.

Bring your own coffee and basket type filters. You should have one welcome packet in the room when you arrive, but then you are on your own. :)

So excited to be checking into the BC July 4-11!! Hoping to spend lots of time at SAB and to see Illuminations a lot before it goes away!

Going back for a 2nd stay at the BC for easy access to F&W September 15-18th, before a move over to Uni for HHN. We’ve got a water view room, but I’m kind of hoping to actually downgrade to a woods/garden view, we just want to be as close to the IG as possible. The Boardwalk is by far our favorite resort, but in mid-September it’s 484736262839393 million degrees, and in that weather we chose the better pool over the better atmosphere.

So excited to be checking into the BC July 4-11!! Hoping to spend lots of time at SAB and to see Illuminations a lot before it goes away!
We stayed at the BC for 4th of July in 2017 and had a great time. The resort had a lot of activities, including a beach party. And then we walked into Epcot that night for the special 4th of July fireworks. Not only were the fireworks really good, but being able to walk back to the resort afterwards was wonderful. Just make sure that you can see the America building from where you are standing. They shoot some fireworks off over the building and we were standing in France and couldn't see them. But the rest of it was great. :)

A couple of questions for the experts....

How late is SAB open in June?
Any place to get a quick breakfast at the yacht club? Something like a danish or cinnamon roll

TIA

Any place to get a quick breakfast at the yacht club? Something like a danish or cinnamon roll

TIA

The Market at Ale & Compass has fresh bakery, beverages, and light cooked breakfast items.

There is an area with seating.

The cinnamon rolls can be warmed, are good-sized, and are very good.

disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-market/menus/breakfast/

A couple of questions for the experts....

How late is SAB open in June?

TIA
The pool time at SAB changes all the time, so it is really hard to know what the hours will be in June. We were there last year in June and I think SAB was open until 10pm.

The Market place in the Yacht Club has brought back the most delicious pecan nut roll in the world. It is in the warming section along with some other food that is served warm and we were thrilled to find it there recently. :)

Last edited:
Just a quick note.....We're back! Yes, we've been staying at the BWI Club Level Deluxe for the last few Decembers. In between, we were fortunate enough to grab one of the Yacht Club deluxe rooms...TP call's them Junior Suites. What happened to those? I see they aren't part of the room request section in DME anymore. Loved that room, loved the lack of carpet, new bathroom, etc. So...I just changed our 2019 December trip from the BWI deluxe to the Yacht Club, Water view/club level. For a quick birthday trip, I also booked a 5 night stay in mid May, AP rate of $360 per night, water view, not club level, at the Yacht Club. We're gonna overdose on the Yacht Club this year:). The BWI club is amazing but I think we're just tired of the tired rooms and are ready to come back to the best pool on property! Even us seniors can appreciate a great pool! Can't wait!!!!

After a round about journey we have switched from Yacht Club to Beach Club. I thought we could "down grade" to a Mod or Value but kept thinking about it and just couldn't. So by the time I switched through a few options the Yacht Club room/deal I had was gone and only Beach Club Garden view available (well I think water view was too but it cost a lot more!). I am glad to try out Beach Club, it's the same pool after all :) And closer walk to Epcot. Totally blowing the budget and we haven't even gotten there yet :) Now I just have to worry about whether it will be crazy busy with GE opening, but we'll have a blast any way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!