Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

ginny65

DIS Veteran
I posted a similar question on the Polynesian thread, but thought I would ask here also. My DH and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary late August for 4 or 5 nights and are torn on which resort to stay. We have narrowed it down to either YC or Poly. We love YC and usually stay here with the kids as we love SAB, and the easy walk to BW, Dolphin, Epcot and DHS. We are only going to Epcot one day (so far), but might add a day at DHS last minute. However, we thought the Poly might be a little more romantic with the Hawaiian music piped in and the tikki torches. We've stayed there before but it was many years ago, so we know how easy it is to get to Epcot via monorail. I just don't know if we will be as happy there. I'd love to hear your advice. :earsboy:

NYCgrrl

DIS Veteran
Thank you both very much. We were debating about bringing wine with us or just purchasing a bottle while at the YC. :thanks:
Special occasion or just don't see what you want at WDW?
We ordered a bottle of vintage Champagne from an online site based in FL:

https://www.finding.wine/

Less to carry, good rating, arrived on time, and excellent price. Delivery was free but not sure if that was a holiday special or not.

Reactions: LSK
  • TJA

DIS Veteran
    I posted a similar question on the Polynesian thread, but thought I would ask here also. My DH and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary late August for 4 or 5 nights and are torn on which resort to stay. We have narrowed it down to either YC or Poly. We love YC and usually stay here with the kids as we love SAB, and the easy walk to BW, Dolphin, Epcot and DHS. We are only going to Epcot one day (so far), but might add a day at DHS last minute. However, we thought the Poly might be a little more romantic with the Hawaiian music piped in and the tikki torches. We've stayed there before but it was many years ago, so we know how easy it is to get to Epcot via monorail. I just don't know if we will be as happy there. I'd love to hear your advice. :earsboy:
    As far as the room itself, I think the YC rooms would be more "romantic" feeling than the Poly rooms. We like the Poly rooms a lot for our family of 4, but I don't know if we'd opt to stay there just DH and I. However, the Poly resort itself can feel very romantic with the vibe you described above. So it's a toss up, really, on how you'll feel overall by staying there. If it were me, I'd probably go with the YC if without our kids, and this is coming from a real Poly-lover!

ginny65

DIS Veteran
    As far as the room itself, I think the YC rooms would be more "romantic" feeling than the Poly rooms. We like the Poly rooms a lot for our family of 4, but I don't know if we'd opt to stay there just DH and I. However, the Poly resort itself can feel very romantic with the vibe you described above. So it's a toss up, really, on how you'll feel overall by staying there. If it were me, I'd probably go with the YC if without our kids, and this is coming from a real Poly-lover!
    Thanks. Also, I just started researching YC again and realized that B&C and the arcade will be closed during our stay at YC. Might this mean a "little" less crowded at YC? I know a lot of non-YC guests come over to BC/YC to enjoy B&C.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Can anyone tell me if SAB has locker rooms with showers like at GF? Wondering if its possible to shower and change before our flight home if I book an evening flight. And would this be a problem if we are already checked out can we even use SAB the rest of that day?
    There are very nice shower rooms for SAB located near Beaches & Cream. We used them on our check out day. We used the unisex shower room to change in because you can lock the door and have privacy. Then we stored our stuff in the lockers located inside the pool area and near the entrance to Beaches and Cream.

I'm sure I'm missing it, but what are the current pool hours?
    SAB opened at 10 am when we were there last week. I don't remember what time they closed, though.

• TJA

DIS Veteran
    Thanks. Also, I just started researching YC again and realized that B&C and the arcade will be closed during our stay at YC. Might this mean a "little" less crowded at YC? I know a lot of non-YC guests come over to BC/YC to enjoy B&C.
    Very true. Whichever you choose, I can't imagine you'd be disappointed! Poly is indeed one of our family favorites.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    Really not enough people go to B & C that it effects how crowded or not the resort feels. Since they started taking ADRs years ago, there are not many people that just walk up & wait around for a table. Plus, B & C is outside, between Y & B resorts. The lobby & other hotel areas don’t get any spillover. Now Cape May Cafe, that effects the BC lobby. But B & C, nope.

♥ Mandi ♥

Mouseketeer
    Hi guys - anyone thinking of renting a cabana in November or December?
    I would love to do this but last year was unseasonably cold when we were down there. I'm talking 40's!
    We were FREEZING at the parks, bundled up in winter hats, gloves, etc.
    It seems like a crapshoot booking one of these for those months due to temps.
    If it were just rain, I wouldn't care.

• ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
    Hi guys - anyone thinking of renting a cabana in November or December?
    I would love to do this but last year was unseasonably cold when we were down there. I'm talking 40's!
    We were FREEZING at the parks, bundled up in winter hats, gloves, etc.
    It seems like a crapshoot booking one of these for those months due to temps.
    If it were just rain, I wouldn't care.
    The cancellation period is 24 hrs, so reserve one and see what the weather is like once you are on your trip. If it's cold cancel the day before, or sooner if it looks like no hope for a nice day a little sooner than 24 hrs. We did this once with the old poly cabanas during Feb trip. The high was listed as 72, but the day before it was a darn cold 72 and we had no interest in being at the pool at all let along the entire day so we cancelled and did something else. We've gone twice over Christmas - New Years and lucked out both times with highs in the mid 80's and great swimming weather, but it can be very hit or miss from November-March. You could be sweating and swimming daily, you could be wearing winter coats, hats, and gloves!

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
    I have called and reserved a cabana for a half day in August for my 50th birthday. Cost was $153 for 10-2pm.
    I wonder if you can request your location at the hotel? I like the ones further back from the pool.
    I’m sure you can request something, I would call and ask them to add it now but maybe you could also talk to the actual resort staff that set them up when you arrive but prior to your cabana day? IDK, the tricky part is getting your request to the people that can actually do something about it! Hopefully just adding it should work, I just tend to not trust anyone looking at that. It’s possible if you check in first the day of they could adjust position, it depend on who’s working that day and their willingness to do that. I seem to remember some discussion on that back when the Poly has regular cabanas and people had preferences.

I guess after all of that I wasn’t too much help! :laughing:

audrey13

Mouseketeer
    Thanks for posting the March activities calendar! Has anyone done the Mickey tie-dye? Do they provide shirts or something else for you to tie dye or should we bring our own? Wednesday will be our one pool day to take advantage of the activities.

DisneyLifePapioNe

DIS Veteran
    Thanks for posting the March activities calendar! Has anyone done the Mickey tie-dye? Do they provide shirts or something else for you to tie dye or should we bring our own? Wednesday will be our one pool day to take advantage of the activities.
    They provide everything you need for tie-dye, I believe it’s somewhere around $10 my youngest did another one recently.

bphilb

Mouseketeer
    My daughter did it at the GF and really enjoyed it. I can't remember if it was $10 or $15 but the experience was good. They help you get the shirt wrapped and you dye them the colors you want. They give you a bad to put it in and suggest you wait at least 4 days before washing it at which time you can wear it. You may want to make sure you have another bag to pack it in if you do it towards the end of your trip and can't wash it during your vacation.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I'm not sure when this review was done, but it has been a few years.

Tye-Dye Mickey Shirt activity:

The Mickey T-shirt activity is making a tie-dye Mickey t-shirt (with the Hidden Mickey outline in the center). The recreation CMs have already rubber banded the t-shirt for that particular design. You get to pick your colors and apply them to the shirt. DD8 did it last September and it was $17.95. I helped her with it, it was a lot of fun, and her shirt turned out to be very cute. I saw mostly kids doing it, some with parents, but I think that anyone could do it. They wrap your shirt in plastic wrap then put it in a ziploc bag for you. When you get home, you just have to rinse it out and wash it. The longer the color stays on the shirt, the more intense it is. We charged it to the room on our KTTW card and it showed up as babysitting charges.

If you are a DVC member, ask about a discount on this activity.

[/QUOTE]

shoreward

DIS Veteran

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS