Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

OK, I think I finally stopped tinkering with our upcoming reservations for our next trip in August (at least for the hotel) LOL......

We're planning a big family trip in August (8 adults, 5 children ranging from 9 months to 7 years old) and we will be coming home to BCV in 2 2BR villas. Our usual MO for my immediate family would be to come down a day or two early and stay at POR for an easy trip down the Sassagoula to a wonderful dinner in Disney Springs on our first night. This time around, we'll be staying at BCV in a studio for our first night before moving to our 2BR villa.

Question #1 (in increasing difficulty)....how likely will it be for us to stay in the studio and just attach the 1BR to us the very next day (we did reserve a lockoff)? I'm hoping to not have to move our stuff to another villa.

Question #2 ....how likely do you think it would be if we could have both of our 2BR villas connecting after staying in the same studio? (Did I not say the questions were getting more difficult ;)? )

And finally......if anyone has any ideas on how to get a reservation for 13 at Ohana for dinner on 8/19, I'm all ears!

Cannot wait!!!!!!!!

OK, I think I finally stopped tinkering with our upcoming reservations for our next trip in August (at least for the hotel) LOL......

We're planning a big family trip in August (8 adults, 5 children ranging from 9 months to 7 years old) and we will be coming home to BCV in 2 2BR villas. Our usual MO for my immediate family would be to come down a day or two early and stay at POR for an easy trip down the Sassagoula to a wonderful dinner in Disney Springs on our first night. This time around, we'll be staying at BCV in a studio for our first night before moving to our 2BR villa.

Question #1 (in increasing difficulty)....how likely will it be for us to stay in the studio and just attach the 1BR to us the very next day (we did reserve a lockoff)? I'm hoping to not have to move our stuff to another villa.

Question #2 ....how likely do you think it would be if we could have both of our 2BR villas connecting after staying in the same studio? (Did I not say the questions were getting more difficult ;)? )

And finally......if anyone has any ideas on how to get a reservation for 13 at Ohana for dinner on 8/19, I'm all ears!

Cannot wait!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure of #1 or #2, but for any dining reservations over 8 I heard you need to call to reserve. Online you can do it in two separate groups and hope they will be able to sit you together.

Each cabana has two cushioned lounge chairs, two cushioned armchairs and a cushioned love seat. It also has a small refrigerator, a long counter with cabinets below and a set of shelves. I will post pictures later, after we get into our room.

Update- the cabanas have televisions, too

I guess I got lucky to have seen them open because they are all closed up now.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are wheelchair rentals at Beach Club Resort? I know you can rent them in the parks, but are they available to rent at the hotel itself too?

I'm not sure of #1 or #2, but for any dining reservations over 8 I heard you need to call to reserve. Online you can do it in two separate groups and hope they will be able to sit you together.

Yea, we did that too. That's the only reservation we weren't able to secure. I'm not looking forward to fastpasses reservation day for a group this large either! LOL

Cannot wait!!!!!!!!

Oh, and Dee? Please modify our dates on the Be Our Guest List. We'll be there on the 17th! Thanks!

I'm having trouble picturing it. The 1-bedroom unit has a bedroom and a living room. The living room has a connecting door to the studio next to it. Are you asking if that studio could be connected to the 1-bedroom to the left of it and the 1-bedroom to the right of it? I don't think the studio would have two connecting doors like that. But that's just conjecture on my part.

Do your reservations say "travelling with" so that the room assigner knows that you want the 2 BR villas to be near each other?

Regarding question 1 (which I deleted), for the studio room you are staying in the first night, do you have a room request saying that after you check out of the studio, you are checking into a 1-bedroom lock-off? I wouldn't assume that fact would be obvious to the room assigners and they would realize it would make sense to keep you in the studio and add on the 1-bedroom next door.

Also - I can't remember if there are dedicated studios at BCV. A dedicated studio would not have a door which connects to a 1-bedroom to form a lock-off. If there are dedicated studios and they put you in one, then obviously you couldn't stay and have that studio be part of a 2-bedroom.

Also remember that BCV is always full. It's not like there will be a bunch of empty 1-bedrooms on your second night, so that if you want one in particular and you were assigned to a different one, you could ask to be switched.

Last edited:

Cannot wait!!!!!!!!
Not very likely that you would be able to stay in the studio. If I understand correctly, no 2 BR Villas connect to other 2 BR Villas.

Does anyone know if there are wheelchair rentals at Beach Club Resort? I know you can rent them in the parks, but are they available to rent at the hotel itself too?
No wheelchair rental at any resort. You can rent from an off site vendor and have it at the resort.

@Hopefully is 100% correct about Disney hotels not having wheelchair rentals. Generally you arrange a rental with an Approved ECV/Wheelchair provider. These providers are able to drop off your rental item with Bell Services and you can pick it from them and you return it back to Bell Services at the end of your rental.

Wheelchair/Scooter/Electric Convenience Vehicle (ECV) FAQ

Disney has designated specific wheelchair/ECV/scooter rental companies as approved vendors. This means these companies are the ONLY companies allowed to drop off rentals at the front desk/bell stand of a Disney resort for them to be held for guests. Guests using these approved companies are also allowed to return their rentals to their resort’s front desk when they check out. Vendors that are not on the approved list will now have to arrange specific meeting times with their customers and deliver the rental in person. Likewise, when the rental is completed, the guest must make arrangements to deliver the scooter to the company. Disney will no longer provide a courtesy hold/storage for vendors not on the approved list. The current approved list is:
These vendors will continue to leave/pick up rental scooters with Disney resorts’ Bell Services.

TIP: Buena Vista Scooters (AllEars.Net Sponsor) is located in front of the BoardWalk Inn and Villas.

Source From http://allears.net/walt-disney-worl...scooter-electric-convenience-vehicle-ecv-faq/

Dave

I thought I would post what I just found out about the cabanas since I was involved in a question over on the GF thread and looked into some info. They are opening March 17th, and you must be a guest of the YC/BC/BCV resort to reserve one. Not that that is earthshaking info, but still...

It came from a question about cabanas, and when I looked on the disney website it actually has the wording
  • Guests must be staying at any Walt Disney World Resort hotel and will need to present a MagicBand at time of cabana check-in.
under the cabanas section on the disney website.

So I called DSS, and she had to do some research but found their info that did say you have to be staying at the YC/BC to reserve those, but interestingly enough you can reserve a GF or CR cabana if you are staying at any WDW resort. She said this could be relatively new, since they are changing things around a lot in that department with the Poly and GF patios, etc. I haven't tired to book a cabana at a resort I'm not staying at, so I can't say from personal experience, but that's what this DSS CM told me and she seemed to be reading right from their internal info when booking guests.

Hi all, this may be of interest to those of you with 4-12 year olds.
I have been trying to book Pixar play zone for our Aug stay
and was told tonight by Disney signature service that it is not running during the time we are staying.
They suggested a new event;

“We will have a new and exciting experience for your children to enjoy while they are with us called CaptainHook's Pirate Crew. Each night from 5-8:30 p.m., kids ages 4–12 are welcome aboard, participating in an escape room-style activity and treasure huntthroughout the resort. The pirate recruits will embark on a short boat ride across Crescent Lake in search for the treasure, and later return to Seaside Retreat to feast together after their excursion. Captain Hook comes to check on hisrecruits, teaching them the secret pirate hand shake, and making sure they found where “X” marks the spot.”

Its running from Beach and Yacht club on a nightly basis and is $55 plus tax per child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter