Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Posting for Historical Purposes

Yacht Club Convention Center- October 2016- 2018

December 22, 2017- Topping Off, Final Steel Beam raised

Oct 2017:

Inside look at improvements to YC Convention Center:

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts Expansion – Coming 2018

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center, Newport Ballroom – Artist Concept Only

As part of Disney’s commitment to creating exceptional meetings and events, we are providing meeting planners and event organizers with even more resources to deliver on their goals by expanding the convention center and renovating the Guest rooms at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center, Pre-Function Area – Artist Concept Only

A 28,000-square-foot expansion of the convention center at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort will bring the total amount of flexible meeting and event space at this popular resort location to 100,000 square feet.

The new convention area will boast a 16,000 square-foot ballroom that can be divided into eight dynamic breakout spaces. The expansion will also include three pre-function areas and two distinct gathering rotundas providing unique networking spaces for attendees to relax and reconnect

Oct 2016: Per Orlando Sentinel:

"Yacht & Beach Club Resort plans to expand its convention space with an additional 25,000 square feet. That will bring total convention space at the resort to 100,000 square feet.

Reedy Creek, the Disney-controlled taxing district, filed a permit application with the South Florida Water Management District this week for the work. Construction will also include additional parking space across Epcot Resorts Boulevard. Plans show the convention space being expanded to the north, where there is now a parking area.
The work will start next month and be finished in spring of 2018."

We don't expect this to have a big impact as far as disruptions to guests in their rooms, but it may result in inconvenience to drivers because there will be fewer parking spaces available at the resort.

@focusondisney, or for anyone else who may have experience with this - what’s your take on YC CL Water View rooms with King Beds? Worth a request? No/low chances so don’t bother?

Thanks!

Page 1390-1392

Hi Dee! You can remove us from the BOG list in August as we just moved over to CSR to stay in one of their new Tower rooms. As much as we love BC, the savings was just too great to pass up!

Will do!

Enjoy your trip, and the extra $$$

:goodvibes

If anybody is at YC/BC, or has a trip planned, and is asked about participating in this, please provide details:

"Well, at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club resorts, it appears they are testing out smart speakers (like the Google Home or the Amazon Alexa systems) in select rooms at the sister resorts. The speakers are just like the ones many use in their own smart homes, except they will have access to internal information stored in My Disney Experience, like wait times, bus arrival times, and park hours. The speakers can also play music on demand as well as answer questions about the weather. Guests can opt in or out of this test, depending on their preferences."

Thank you both for this. I have added the info you provided to Page 1 in a post titled "Hey, Google! What time is the 3:00 parade?"

:listen:

More news... new monthly (2nd Wednesday) wine tasting event at Yachtsman.

http://blogmickey.com/2019/02/the-wonderful-world-of-wine-coming-to-yachtsman-steakhouse/

Cool! I haven't read the link yet, but will be doing that in a minute.

:drinking1

Our first stay at Beach Club booked for this year, 8/16-8/24!

Really bummed about Beaches and Cream. I saw on some sites that the 5th is the closing date but I am hoping it is a little later than that since it was going to be our first night dinner :(

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Sorry for your disappointment. I guess the good news is, there are a few excellent restaurants at either the Beach & Yacht Club, a short walk away at the Boardwalk or if you have park tickets for that day, in EPCOT.

::yes::

Hi, all. Going to YC in 2 days! 1st timer!

Just wanted to confirm this: it looks like there is a microwave available for guest use in the Market at Ale and Compass. Is this still there?

Thanks.

:welcome: to the thread!

Sorry to take so long to reply, especially since it appears you arrive today!

As far as I know, there is a microwave available in the Market at Ale & Compass. You can also request one for your room from housekeeping, and if there are any available, it will be provided free of charge.

:woohoo:

Alright. I upgraded to club level! I showed DH the few youtube videos I could find on the YC CL lounge and the house chips + soda sold him on it.

I'll revise your listing.

:cheer2:

Dee, add me to the Be Our Guest list for YC CL April 20-26! My last spring break trip with Andrew before he graduates high school. :(

:welcome: back!

Will do!

How can it be that our youngest are both off to college later this year?!? :faint:

What a nice way to celebrate Andrew's accomplishments and his future plans.

::yes::

There is definitely still seating between the construction walls & the building too. So again, a relatively small area.

Pretty sure this sentence has never been said on the DIS before. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hope you're enjoying your trip.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!:rotfl2:

Cabana update: I spoke to DSS today about when they would be available to book and prices. They are available to book now for starting date 3/17/19, prices are $149-$199 half day (10:00am and 3:00pm) $249-$299 whole day (10:00am-close) the range reflects season (high low). Photo ID required to check in. 24 hour cancellation and they will switch day or refund for inclimate weather. I booked a whole day for 4/17/19 and it was $318 with tax. Expensive, but it is DH 50th birthday and DD Sweet 16. Hope this is helpful. If I find out anything else, I’ll post it.
Shelly

We really appreciate this info!

:thanks:

This thread is so wonderful - thank you to the mod and all the posters! We are getting soooooooooooooooo excited!

Thanks so much for the kind words. Definitely a team effort here, everyone pitches in with info and opinions to help others.

:grouphug:

@focusondisney, or for anyone else who may have experience with this - what’s your take on YC CL Water View rooms with King Beds? Worth a request? No/low chances so don’t bother?

Thanks!

Is there anything else that you want to request?

I wonder if the folks at Disney Signature Service will tell you if there are any WV rooms with a king bed in that booking category.

Worth a shot!

:thumbsup2

Thanks!

I don’t there are many king rooms at all. In all the times we’ve been here, I think we’ve only had a king bed once. And that room was across from the club desks, right behind the elevators. So not quiet at all. I used to ocassionally request a king room but after that, I started requesting a quiet room. I’m sure there must be others, but we never got another king room. Sorry not more help.

Yes definitely worth requesting. 5173 is my favorite.

I don’t there are many king rooms at all. In all the times we’ve been here, I think we’ve only had a king bed once. And that room was across from the club desks, right behind the elevators. So not quiet at all. I used to ocassionally request a king room but after that, I started requesting a quiet room. I’m sure there must be others, but we never got another king room. Sorry not more help.

Good to know. I’ll have to start requesting a king room too !

Thanks y’all. I have 3am runD wake up calls so sounds like I definitely don’t want that room by the elevator. For the first time in forever I may just request “far from the lounge” and not worry about king vs queens. Lol!

. I wish I was in a different room, I can’t see the construction area from my balcony at all.

Pretty sure this sentence has never been said on the DIS before. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

And the lesson learned is: when you do speak them, karma is listening. :rolleyes:

It’s a long story that I’ll post later, but this is the construction view from our new room.

D0C847FC-8E5C-4FCE-9BE8-FEBBDC94369F.png

Ya gotta laugh. :lmao:

I think there are more king rooms since the referb. We have had more king rooms without requesting them than queens since the referb, before never had a king. I believe 5185 is a king also. They are both WV rooms. I'm a bad disser, I write down my room numbers but nothing about the room...maybe I should start doing that. :D

Thanks!

Yes definitely worth requesting. 5173 is my favorite.

I think there are more king rooms since the referb. We have had more king rooms without requesting them than queens since the referb, before never had a king. I believe 5185 is a king also. They are both WV rooms. I'm a bad disser, I write down my room numbers but nothing about the room...maybe I should start doing that. :D

These are the two posts from the YC Room View thread for Room 5173

I don't think I have anything for 5185

We were recently discussing this room because of the curtain you could pull to separate the room, but I'm guessing it is no longer there.

@Scott MC Can you confirm that?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/page-6#post-56492427

https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/page-7#post-59717599

Interesting.

That could also be another reason the club level rooms are only booking smaller-sized parties now.

:scratchin

These are the two posts from the YC Room View thread for Room 5173

I don't think I have anything for 5185

We were recently discussing this room because of the curtain you could pull to separate the room, but I'm guessing it is no longer there.

@Scott MC Can you confirm that?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/page-6#post-56492427

https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/page-7#post-59717599

So that was my post with the curtain. But it was one queen bed, definitely not a king at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter