Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It will be our first stay at YC end of August. I'm now concerned with the closure of B&C and the arcade. I'm unfamiliar with the layout and wondering if this will impact our trip in anyway besides the obvious of one less dining option and no arcade at the resort. My main concerns being seeing and hearing construction while trying to enjoy SAB.

It will be our first stay at YC end of August. I'm now concerned with the closure of B&C and the arcade. I'm unfamiliar with the layout and wondering if this will impact our trip in anyway besides the obvious of one less dining option and no arcade at the resort. My main concerns being seeing and hearing construction while trying to enjoy SAB.

Here is a map of the resort.

The arcade is point P and Beaches and Cream is point H.

I don't think there will be much disruption at all when you are at Stormalong Bay- the pool are is HUGE.

ETA: I don't think there are any guest rooms in that general vicinity, so there shouldn't be any impact when you are in your room.

As far as dining options, it sounds like a version of Beaches & Cream will be available, and there are still a variety of dining spots from quick service at the YC and BC Marketplaces, Hurricane Hanna's, a couple of lounges with excellent food on short notice, two sitdown and one signature restaurant (Ale & Compass, Cape May Café and The Yachtsman), not to mention numerous places to dine at nearby EPCOT or the Boardwalk.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
:drinking::drinking::drinking:
As far as dining options, it sounds like a version of Beaches & Cream will be available, and there are still a variety of dining spots from quick service at the YC and BC Marketplaces, Hurricane Hanna's, a couple of lounges with excellent food on short notice, two sitdown and one signature restaurant (Ale & Compass, Cape May Café and The Yachtsman), not to mention numerous places to dine at nearby EPCOT or the Boardwalk.

After 3 trips staying at YC with a boy who is currently 13 and video game addicted, we (like I am sure many) have never eaten at B&C or gone to the arcade. I think my son did play at the GF arcade once when we stayed RPC, but we spent a lot more time at the resort that trip. Now, he did swim in SAB when I was all bundled up!

To add to @natebenma comments and agreeing about little disruption to SAB guests, the work and expansion will be primarily inside the existing floor plans for B&C and the arcade. Disney does a good job of covering up refurbishment sites and limiting guest disruptions.

Page 1387

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

I prefer the regular drip machines myself.

Based on recent guest reports, it seems like some of the Beach Club rooms now have Keurig machines, but I have not been able to figure out where those rooms are or why they have switched out some of the coffee makers.

:coffee:

Never even thought to ask!

:surfweb:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:sail:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

That's awesome!!!

If your trip is over, could you share your room number?

In 2010 we were in Room 5670 and we could see the MK fireworks- at that time it was Nightastic.

Congrats! That is awesome bling!!!

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

:cheer2:

Probably.

The info and suggestions in the next post are excellent.

We don't have a way of knowing which rooms have king beds, but as shoreward indicates, there aren't many overall throughout the resort. Definitely prioritize your requests according to what is most important to you:

"Full balcony, please. King bed preferred"

"King bed, please. Full balcony, if possible"

I don't have your April trip on the Be Our Guest list so I will add it.

::yes::

Thanks for the info in this post!

:thumbsup2
Our room number was 5186.

Page 1387

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

I prefer the regular drip machines myself.

Based on recent guest reports, it seems like some of the Beach Club rooms now have Keurig machines, but I have not been able to figure out where those rooms are or why they have switched out some of the coffee makers.

:coffee:

:thumbsup2

Our trip is the end of March. We are not a fan of Disney coffee, so trying to plan accordingly! Thanks for the info

Hi Dee! You can remove us from the BOG list in August as we just moved over to CSR to stay in one of their new Tower rooms. As much as we love BC, the savings was just too great to pass up!

And by some strange bit of bad luck, we got assigned the exact same room we were in last September. It is the second furthest away from the lounge & elevators. They were just starting to work on the roof outside then. And they are still at it.

3177BED6-9B38-40C4-980D-7FE3EA4BAFCE.png

These are for Dee! Congrats on the win. My DH is a Pats fan, personally I am not. But I definitely enjoyed the atmosphere at the parade & at MK today. Half the place was Pats fans. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for the pictures! Very cool!
:cheer2:

Just to clarify, that was a photo of the cabana construction at storm along bay. Grabbed a couple more last night too.

Right! I read your reply very quickly and I wondered why I didn't see anything up in the sky in the picture.

:blush:

And by some strange bit of bad luck, we got assigned the exact same room we were in last September. It is the second furthest away from the lounge & elevators. They were just starting to work on the roof outside then. And they are still at it.

UGH!

:faint:

You can add me to the list for May 8-13! I’m booked for YC Water View on the AP discount rate. I’m doing a split stay (3 nights WL, one at POR, then the 5 at YC) and am eager to see how YC compares to my favorite Deluxe BWI.

You can add me to the list for May 8-13! I’m booked for YC Water View on the AP discount rate. I’m doing a split stay (3 nights WL, one at POR, then the 5 at YC) and am eager to see how YC compares to my favorite Deluxe BWI.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

We would love to hear your feedback after the trip. People love to hear comparisons between a resort they are familiar with and one that they haven't been to before.

:cool1:

If anybody is at YC/BC, or has a trip planned, and is asked about participating in this, please provide details:

"Well, at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club resorts, it appears they are testing out smart speakers (like the Google Home or the Amazon Alexa systems) in select rooms at the sister resorts. The speakers are just like the ones many use in their own smart homes, except they will have access to internal information stored in My Disney Experience, like wait times, bus arrival times, and park hours. The speakers can also play music on demand as well as answer questions about the weather. Guests can opt in or out of this test, depending on their preferences."

If anybody is at YC/BC, or has a trip planned, and is asked about participating in this, please provide details:

"Well, at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club resorts, it appears they are testing out smart speakers (like the Google Home or the Amazon Alexa systems) in select rooms at the sister resorts. The speakers are just like the ones many use in their own smart homes, except they will have access to internal information stored in My Disney Experience, like wait times, bus arrival times, and park hours. The speakers can also play music on demand as well as answer questions about the weather. Guests can opt in or out of this test, depending on their preferences."
http://blogmickey.com/2019/02/googl...-added-to-select-rooms-at-disneys-yacht-club/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter