Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Apr 15, 2015.

1. hammie59

hammie59 DIS Veteran

I know exactly what you mean. After we stayed at The Boardwalk a few years ago, we were hooked. So happy to be going back to an EPCOT resort.

natebenma likes this.
  2. Llama mama

Llama mama Earning My Ears

We stayed at Yacht Club this past Thanksgiving 2018 and absolutely loved it. Out of 8 Disney’s stays this was our first deluxe and now we too are spoiled and hooked. I was just able to snag a 40% off CL Yacht at the end of May . My husband fears we will not only get hooked on Yacht and the Epcot area but Club level too! The updated rooms are fantastic!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Childs1stTime2Disney

Childs1stTime2Disney *A dream is a wish your heart makes*

F

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  5. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

The majority of the standard view rooms are on the 3rd and 4th floors above the main restaurant and business section of the resort. You will either face Storm Along Bay or the parking lot sides of the resort. There are a few rooms on the 2nd floor that face the driveway area and a handful of standard view rooms in other areas, too. :)

natebenma likes this.
  6. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Thanks Sue.

I used touringplans but they only showed floors 2/3.

I do love a balcony and a view but a room at bc std still seems better than POR. We are going to try to do the illuminations Dining package to see it before it's gone. So this time being at BW area will be a +!

Besides DD has always wanted to go to breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and mean Mom kept sending pictures of it when I was with dh last week. So some things getting checked on our bucket list.

7. Ariel620

Ariel620 Mouseketeer

are The coke freestyle machines at beach club rfid? If I buy a refillable mug can I use it there or only at traditional soda machines

8. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Page 1372

:welcome:

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

:wave2:, my friend!

I am so happy to hear you are coming back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Noted- I'll make the change.

::yes::

:welcome: back!

I'll add your trip to the list.

:goodvibes

Yay for a girls' trip!!!

I'll add you to the list. '

:cheer2:

This is a great reply!!! ^^^

*******************************************************************************

Sounds like you have a couple of interesting options to choose between:

I have been on a couple of trips of June and 3 in August. Hit or miss on the rain at both of those times, so I wouldn't base a decision on weather.

Our most recent trips have been booked room only instead of the meal plan- we found it more cost effective. With the meal plan, you are spending extra time dining, and sometimes getting more than you actually want to eat since it is "included". Meal portions are huge at Disney and sometimes my family prefers to share an entrée or desserts. But if it is included, then everyone gets one! In the summer, when it is hot, we don't necessarily want large meals. We also love the convenience of the many interesting counter service dining options in the World showcase.

Let us know which you decide to do.

:thumbsup2

When is your trip?

You are correct- up until recently, the Deluxe Rooms were considered club level and guests had access to the concierge lounge and amenities. I am not sure how the booking of these rooms work now- I believe some are CL and some are not, but I don't know which are which or if you can ask to book CL services for these rooms.

At any rate, these are the Deluxe Rooms at the Beach Club. There is a map on Page 1, Post 8 where you can see where these rooms are.

Detailed balcony information on Deluxe Rooms from guests who have stayed there and reported back:

There are six deluxe Concierge rooms at BC.

1557 has a patio and lots of windows.
    2557 and 4557 have extra large balconies.
    3557 has the standing room only balcony.

3691 has both a standing room balcony and a full balcony
    4681 has a standing room only balcony.

So 3 of the 6 have full balconies, 1 has a patio, and 2 have standing room only balconies.

Hope this helps. :cool2:

trishadono, Sandi and hdrolfe like this.
  9. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

:welcome: to the thread!

The previous suggestion to ask for "Close to lobby" to get you closest to EPCOT is a good one.

Will do!

I hope you love the Beach Club as much as your friends (and most of us here) do!

Yes, Ale & Compass is a great place for a casual dinner.

That's excellent news!

Are you booked?

The balcony and YC bus pickup/dropoff order are very big draws for the resort.

I can't really comment on the marketplace or dog situation since I haven't stayed since those changes have taken place.

The Yacht Club does use the same scent machine as the Beach Club- differing opinions about the strength of the smell at the Yacht Club.

Confrencie! :rotfl2: I stayed at the YC during one of the biggest conferences of the year and there wasn't much of an impact from the convention guests. If anything, the public spaces were less crowded during the day.

Good luck with your decision. To be honest, I would happily stay at either resort and price or room type would probably sway my decision.

Hope that helps.

:cool2:

10. Momager

Momager Earning My Ears

I've looked at maps trying to find room sections (so I can request a specific section), but I'm not finding it. Can someone tell me....

At the Beach Club, where is the best room/section to stay so we're close to Epcot, and can possibly see the fireworks from our room (if that's even possible?)

Thank you!!

Childs1stTime2Disney likes this.
  11. dnllmz

dnllmz DIS Veteran

We're booked for the BC 8/23-8/31 with the free dining promo. It'll be our first stay at the BC. We stayed at the BWV in Nov 2017 and we LOVED the Epcot resort area. Walking to Epcot was amazing. We're planning on spending more time at the pool this trip than we normally do. The kids are going to love it!

Wood Nymph likes this.
  12. PolyRob

PolyRob DIS Veteran

You can use the rapid refill mugs at all of the resort soda machines. The Coke Freestyle and traditional fountains all use the same chip technology on WDW property.

trishadono and natebenma like this.
  13. Iced-Coffee-Addict

Iced-Coffee-Addict Earning My Ears

I’m trying to figure out the same. Isn’t there only 6 deluxe rooms at BC? So how do we figure out which ones are CL? Or is it only 6 Deluxe CL rooms?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  14. cmorris303

cmorris303 Mouseketeer

We just booked our stay for Aug 22-29 at BC. We stayed at the BC two summer trips ago. Last summer trip we did a split stay between Poly and BWI. We enjoyed both, but for this trip we are going with two sets of friends and their families that have never stayed Deluxe and we felt like we had to bring them to BC!! The Epcot area is our favorite and nothing beats walking to Epcot and cooling off in SAB. We can't wait!!

15. ChristianR

ChristianR Mouseketeer

I called Disney yesterday to have my request for a full balcony added to my BC reservation. The CM on the phone told me that the "full balcony" request for the BC has been disconntinued recently and I could only request it at check in. My day bed request was added to my reservation with no problem. Of course I will call again to see if it was just the CM.

16. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Page 1375

They should be fine- a frequent poster here shared a picture of a stay with 2 scooters in the room.

This room had 2 Queen beds and a daybed, however I would think that one of the rooms without a daybed would have more space. I believe there is a lower percentage of daybed rooms at Club Level, so possibly the first time in history, perhaps a request of "Room without a daybed, please" might be best for them if they do not need the couch. They should both call in the request and register with Disney Signature Services.

ECVs .jpg ECVs in room.jpg

Thank you so much for your review!

Yes, I love descending that staircase from the second floor!

I would love to see the view from your room. If you can't upload it, please email a picture to me: beachclubdee at yahoo

Thanks! Got it!

Fantastic!

17. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

When is your new trip?

1) Definitely call back!

2) I'll be horrified if this is true, but if you (or anyone else) gets the same answer, please let us know.

:eek:

18. wdwnut61

wdwnut61 DIS Veteran

Hi Dee :wave:

We’re booked at the BC 5/22/19-5/27/19 :cheer2:
    Can you please add us to the list

19. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Page 1375

I'll add you to the list!

:wave2:

Will do!

:banana::banana::banana:

Awesome anniversary celebration!

I don't think anyone answered your coffee question. As far as I know, the Beach Club still has the Cuisninart coffee pod machines in-room, not the Keurigs like the YC has. The coffee is not the best, but it does the trick until I can get myself out of the room to Marketplace when it opens for coffee. 6 am? 6:30? I'm not really sure. I have never used room service for coffee or anything else at the resort, so I am no help there.

:coffee:

:welcome: back here!

I'll add your August trip to the Be Our Guest list.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!

Have you seen this post?

Ooo-Ooo, That Smell!

The smell in the lobbies of the Beach Club and Yacht Club is green clover and aloe, generated with the Enviroscent system/ www.scentairhome.com
    note: The unit is quite expensive (around $300 plus cost of cartridges). The company has sold it to individuals in the past but some recent reports indicate that the companies have not been accommodating to non-business customers.

Clever and Inquisitive Guests have sniffed out some Red Neck Scent Substitutions.

Candles:

Certain candle fragrances mimic the Beach Club lobby scent:

Bath & Body Works: Rainkissed Leaves, Beach House, Beach Cabana (essence of BC)
    Yankee Candle: Exotic Rainforest, Oceanside Retreat, Cotton Blossom, A Summer's Wish (similar), Beach Walk
    Aldi: Water Lily & Aloe
    Magic Candle Company: Yacht Club
    Columbia Fragrance Company: Walt's Wonderful World- Green Clover & Aloe
    Walter and Rosie Candle Company: Beach Club
    Spireside (formerly Anthology): Beach Club or Clover Fields (see below for review)
    Maple and Whiskey- a company from the UK
    Etsy- search on Beach Club/Disney/Mouse Scents candles or scents
    WEDway Candle Company

Note: some of these fragrances have been discontinued
    Also, some customers indicated that Walter and Rosie Candle Company have had some fulfillment issues and complaints in the past, but under new management the situation has improved.

[​IMG]

In the words of the candlemaker: "Fresh green notes accented with white jasmine, blond woods and musk. And the candle is spot on with the scent of the lobby."

You can also order the scents to make your own candles!
    The Candlemakers Store, Rainkissed Leaves

Other Products- Hand lotions, soap, room sprays:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  20. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Replies coming!

Off to Ben's school for his senior project presentation on George Orwell.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  21. natebenma

natebenma Beach Club Dee

Page 1376

Glad to hear you will be coming back so soon.

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort booked?

I know you have been to the resorts recently. Can you shed some light on the soft drink refill machines in the two Marketplaces? Are there two of the Freestyle machines in the BC and YC Marketplaces? Are there any traditional soda machines as well, or just the Freestyles?

The refill stations at Hurricane Hanna's are still the traditional soda dispensers aren't they?

:drinking1

There aren't really any officially "named" sections, so the best way to make a request is to do it by description.

What view category have you booked? Standard, Garden/Woods or Water view?

The end of the wing between the BC Marketplace and lobby would be closest to EPCOT (near rooms X501), but rooms close to the lobby or lobby elevators would also provide a quick (outside) route to the park.

Some of the garden view rooms near the EPCOT exit have obstructed views of the higher Illuminations fireworks. I believe you are able to see the HS fireworks from some water view rooms that face the Boardwalk.

I'll add you to the list!

Have you booked a stay or are you in research mode?

There were (are) 6 Deluxe Rooms that were all Club Level until recently. I'm not sure now how many remain CL now. I'll see if I am able to find out.

What a great place to take a group trip with friends!

:dogdance:

:wave2:

Will do!!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019