Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Page 1371

I didn't know that AP rates for early summer were already released! Excited to save 30% off my reservation for early June -- $1500 for 5 club level nights; I'm super excited!
That's fantastic!

:woohoo:

Can anyone tell me if Stormalong Bay has pool waiters like at the GF? Are they at all deluxe resorts, we had the best waiter at the beach pool and it was so relaxing to not have walk over to the bar for drinks, lunch, or snacks.
:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

As others have indicated, yes, there are waiters at Stormalong bay.

::yes::

We cannot wait for our first BCV stay next weekend (family is running the half marathon). When we joined DVC in 2011, my dream was to stay at BC, but our room needs for two kids who can’t share a bed have always resulted in stays in other resorts. We’re bringing DD’s friend along with us, so we decided to go for a two-bedroom!

We’ve used Garden Grocer in the past, but we’ll only be there 3 nights this trip, and we don’t need much. I assume we can buy milk at the BC Marketplace. Do they sell large containers of water? Not too crazy about the tap water at Disney. Will likely bring bagels and pb and a box of cereal in our luggage. How’s the breakfast at BC Marketplace? We do have breakfast at Cape May on our last day.

We’ll have some downtime after the half-marathon. Anything we shouldn’t miss at BC? Hoping the weather will cooperate for some pool time!
:welcome:

Enjoy your trip!

Yes, you can pick up half gallons of milk and gallons of water at the Marketplace, along with some other staples. I haven't checked the menu of prepared food at the Marketplace lately, but I believe they still have Mickey waffles with bacon, breakfast sandwiches, fruit and lots of pastries.

Check out the activities schedule posted on Page 1, Post 4 to see if there are any activities that interest you at the resort. A campfire, with an opportunity to make 'smores is offered a few nights of the week.

:cool2:

Hi Everyone!

We have booked to visit BC for 10 nights in August, we have never stayed here before, we normally stay at CBR, so very excited!

I have had a search but cant find answers to two of my questions, could any one help?

We will be travelling with a 2 year old, I am hoping for a full balcony so we can put her to bed and make use of it, has anyone had experience in requesting balconies before, how did you do it? I have heard that you need to fax Disney before your stay. Is this correct?

Also, I have seen on a Vlog that somebody had a room with a curtain that you could pull across to seperate the bed from the rest of the room, do they still have these? If so, are they in particular rooms?

Thanks for your help!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Others have answered your questions- call Disney's Central Reservations Office to add a request for a full balcony to your reservation.

And no, the separation curtain is not a feature of a typical Beach Club room.

:goodvibes

Do YC CL standard view rooms sleep 5?
Some have daybeds and would be able to sleep 5 people, however I have heard some rumblings that the resort would only be booking club level rooms for groups of 4 or fewer guests in standard view rooms as well as the garden/woods and water view rooms, which have been restricting occupancy for several years.

Has anyone been able to book a club level stay for 5 people in 2019 in any view category?

:scratchin

Are the rooms at YC really spacious enough for a family of five to be comfortable? We are a blended family of two adults and three kids (12, 14 and 6). I love the idea of being so close to Epcot/HS and think we would all enjoy Stormalong Bay. Our other consideration is a family suite at AoA.
:welcome: to this forum.

I have only stayed at the resort with 4 people (either 2 adults, 2 teens or 4 adult women) and we were comfortable, but I don't have any personal experience with more than that in a room, so I will leave it to others to offer their thoughts.

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Thanks for your reply. A few days after my post I ended up switching over to BC and adding a day. Standard room as well. I was going to just do 2 of the offered requests that they give you online [full balcony, highest floor]. However, I didn't realize not getting a couch would be an issue. I may have to call and request that because we need the extra bed. After looking up rooms on TP, I'm surprised highest floor is even an option. We aren't staying CL. We are going 1st week of Aug.
Yes, you should definitely call to add a request for a daybed to your reservation.

You can't always trust the options for requests offered online. Sometimes they don't make sense with the actual resort layout. The 5th floor is all club level, but some areas of the resort are not topped with a 5th floor, so a room on the 4th floor would be the highest floor. I think those rooms tend to be in the wing of the resort closest to EPCOT.

:thumbsup2

• Haley R

With all the strength of a raging fire
    We just booked yacht club CL standard view for January 28-31!! We have never been to yc or done CL so we are super excited! Anything I should know about CL or any room requests I should make?

Vern60

Mouseketeer
    So, I am trying to finally catch up on the thread. I saw the pictures when you first posted them, but now as I am going to copy them to add to the Room/View thread, I don't see them. Is it me??? I did change browsers.

Would you mind reposting or possibly emailing the photos to me beachclubdee at yahoo.

Thanks!

Dee

:goodvibes
    They're on page 1368 I think?
    https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-yacht-beach-club-resorts-information-questions-updated-info-on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/page-1368

wdwplanner13

Earning My Ears
    Can someone please explain the daybed request to me? That's the most important request for us. Is it better to check in at 60 days even though the daybed is not an option? Is there a way to check in online that would increase day bed chances like asking for a certain floor?

G719

DIS Veteran
    Can someone please explain the daybed request to me? That's the most important request for us. Is it better to check in at 60 days even though the daybed is not an option? Is there a way to check in online that would increase day bed chances like asking for a certain floor?
    I think the best thing to do is call and ask to add that request to your reservation.

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee

When is your trip? Which resort- BC or YC?

I don't know if it helps or not, but when calling, perhaps mention the reason having a daybed in the room is important to you. For example:

"Daybed, please. 4 adults in room"

"Daybed, please. Teen children of opposite gender"

I agree with the others- calling in your request is the best way to have this noted. You can still check-in online at 60 days, but don't indicate any request preferences when you do so.

When you check-in (or if you go directly to your room) and you find that it does not have a daybed, go to the front desk and ask if there is another room available with a daybed that you can switch to.

If not, you can see if a rollaway cot can be provided or you can let them know if you are willing to change rooms as soon as one with a daybed becomes available.

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I saw the photos when you first shared them, but now when I go back to post I can't see the pictures anymore.

I just tried another browser, but still can't see the photos. I don't know if it is an issue just for me or if others are unable to see the pictures. Could someone go to this post and let me know?

At any rate- as I recall, the pictures were great and exactly what I was looking for!

dansdad

DIS Veteran
    I saw the photos when you first shared them, but now when I go back to post I can't see the pictures anymore.

I just tried another browser, but still can't see the photos. I don't know if it is an issue just for me or if others are unable to see the pictures. Could someone go to this post and let me know?

At any rate- as I recall, the pictures were great and exactly what I was looking for!

FYI, I can't see them either.

• MaC410

DIS Veteran
    I have a question for all the Yacht/Beach Club pros who have stayed at both of these resorts. Do you have a preference of either the Yacht or Beach Club? If so, what makes you have that preference? Always been curious about the preferences between these two resorts since they are very similar and share the best pool on property.

Last edited:

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
    I have a question for all the Yacht/Beach Club pros who have stayed at both of these resorts. Do you have a preference of either the Yacht or Beach Club? If so, what makes you have that preference?
    Honestly for me it is price/discount. I always go with whichever resort has a better rate for my selected dates. Both have recently updated rooms and share amenities so I can always hop over to the other if need be.

gillep

DIS Veteran
    I have a question for all the Yacht/Beach Club pros who have stayed at both of these resorts. Do you have a preference of either the Yacht or Beach Club? If so, what makes you have that preference? Always been curious about the preferences between these two resorts since they are very similar and share the best pool on property.
    I also would go by price as both resorts are fantastic. If the same price I would always go with YC, love the new rooms and the quieter vibe of the lobby. I also prefer the restaurants on the YC side. Can’t go wrong with either though.

trishadono

DIS Veteran
    Add me too lol. BC std 2/15-18 with dd23.

Dh and I were at Dolphin for late Dec and for the 1st time we liked the boardwalk area. I am a mono snob but love to mix it up so not to get bored lol.

If disney site out of inventory I have found your TA's still do and even undercover tourist.

I am glad I asked because for what I could find /afford it was going to be POR for only like $70 a nite less tax incl.

I researched and it appears BC std floors 2 and 3 facing the front? That will be fine I suppose since we will probably be at the pool or Epcot anyways.

Does BC have the soap dispensers now?

Best place for coffee to grab for the room? Or should I room service it?

Thx!

Last edited:

val1234

Mouseketeer
    I have stayed at BC once and YC going on my third stay Aug 2019. For reference I have stayed at every deluxe and moderate on property except for the BWI and SSR. We usually go every year but pick a different resort just to mix it up. Well once we stayed at the BC that changed everything! YCBC became our absolute favorite. It's literally the only pool I long to get in after the parks at Disney. We now though as a family have proclaimed the YC over the BC to be the perfect resort for all future trips for these reasons. #1 All ( or most except maybe 5) rooms come with full balcony #2 First stop on and off the buses. This is huge trust me! many times we arrived at the BC with a full to almost full bus #3 the entrance to SAB is much more convenient from the YC side than the BC side. And the sandy area in on the YC side. #4 Friendship boats to HS and Epcot is right outside the YC back entrance. #5 only the YC has a door separating the bathroom from the main area which we need for privacy when dressing etc. #6 YC rooms are absolutely lovely and the bathroom showers have two shower heads lol. #7 Better restaurant choices in the YC. We had our best meal of the trip at Ale and Compass. Hope this helps :sunny:

DisneyGirlMI

Also Cute and Fluffy!
    We really prefer the Beach Club. The Yacht Club is fine, but it seems more stuffy, and now with the new conference, more adult. As we always travel with our kids we prefer the relaxed friendly atmosphere of the BC. We also like that it is closer to Epcot, since we spend a fair amount of time there (and we are not HS people). And I can’t forget to mention the smell of the BC lobby! Wish they would bottle that!:cool2:

MaC410

DIS Veteran
    I have stayed at BC once and YC going on my third stay Aug 2019. For reference I have stayed at every deluxe and moderate on property except for the BWI and SSR. We usually go every year but pick a different resort just to mix it up. Well once we stayed at the BC that changed everything! YCBC became our absolute favorite. It's literally the only pool I long to get in after the parks at Disney. We now though as a family have proclaimed the YC over the BC to be the perfect resort for all future trips for these reasons. #1 All ( or most except maybe 5) rooms come with full balcony #2 First stop on and off the buses. This is huge trust me! many times we arrived at the BC with a full to almost full bus #3 the entrance to SAB is much more convenient from the YC side than the BC side. And the sandy area in on the YC side. #4 Friendship boats to HS and Epcot is right outside the YC back entrance. #5 only the YC has a door separating the bathroom from the main area which we need for privacy when dressing etc. #6 YC rooms are absolutely lovely and the bathroom showers have two shower heads lol. #7 Better restaurant choices in the YC. We had our best meal of the trip at Ale and Compass. Hope this helps :sunny:
    Staying at the YC/BC has pretty much ruined us for staying anywhere else haha. Our first trip ever to Disney World was for our honeymoon and we stayed at the Yacht Club. It was absolutely amazing. For us absolutely nothing beat the location. Being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is for us the most amazing perk you can have staying in this area. On our second trip we tried Art of Animation. While the resort itself was perfectly fine we found ourselves miserable at the end of the night having to always wait on huge lines for buses. For our next trip we are staying at the Beach Club Villas and can't wait to return to the Epcot area. I don't see how we could ever stay somewhere else now.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS