Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Page 1358

updating...

What are the best garden view rooms? We are staying in Feb with a mailer pin code, and the only room class available was garden view. We've stayed water view in the past and prefer views of Crescent lake to any pool views. Going to keep checking to see if water view comes available, but what are the best garden view rooms?
@Wood Nymph has a great suggestion!

::yes::

We are in a garden room in feb too so very interested to hear the replies!
:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

As indicated below, the views around the volleyball courtyard are lovely. Some of the GV rooms also overlook the back entrance (lakeside) and my family enjoys those for people-watching and the convenience of this location to the lobby.

Just want to make sure you are aware that only 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies (the rest have the smaller, standing only stoops), so if a balcony where you are able to sit is important to you, make sure you request "Full Balcony, please"

:thumbsup2

Most of the garden view rooms face towards Epcot and have a view of the trees. But there are some very nice garden view rooms that overlook the volleyball court. Some of them have a sideways view of Crescent Lake. :)
As always, thank you!

:goodvibes

I’ll be there December 7th-14th at The Beach Club. Double-digit countdown. Can’t wait.
:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

Dee can you please add me to the list? I booked a bounce back at YC July 13-19! It will be a girl's only trip - me, DD9, mom, aunt and cousin (15). We almost went with BC since it was slightly cheaper (surprisingly!), but a balcony is a must this trip and I didn't want to stress about possibly not getting one. Next year is going to be an epic Disney year! Spring break at PVB, 11 night AKV/BWV split in June, then YC in July. :banana: Now I just need to get my boss to approve my vacation days :laughing: - fingers crossed!
You bet!

Your upcoming trips sound awesome!

:cheer2:

20 days until we check in at BCV!! First time in the villas - can't wait!!
:welcome: to this forum.

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Does anyone know why the DIS is not "dark" right now???

Recently, this site has been down for maintenance between the hours of 4 am and 6 am (ish). Since I usually get up around 4 when my husband is getting ready for work, that is a great time for me to catch up here, but I haven't been able to do that lately.

Was there a change with the time change?

Is today's access a freak glitch?

Whatever the reason, I am caught up now and will attempt to update the Be Our Guest list before they turn off the lights.

:idea:

dansdad

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know why the DIS is not "dark" right now???

Recently, this site has been down for maintenance between the hours of 4 am and 6 am (ish). Since I usually get up around 4 when my husband is getting ready for work, that is a great time for me to catch up here, but I haven't been able to do that lately.

Was there a change with the time change?

Is today's access a freak glitch?

Whatever the reason, I am caught up now and will attempt to update the Be Our Guest list before they turn off the lights.

:idea:
I don't know the reason, but I've noticed that for the last 4-5 days it hasn't gone "dark" like normal. :confused3

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    I don't know the reason, but I've noticed that for the last 4-5 days it hasn't gone "dark" like normal. :confused3
    Thanks! I was hoping you would reply since I know you share the wee hours of the morning with me.

This will be epic for me if it keeps up, because this is the peak free time I have available during the day.

:goodvibes

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    Probably a coincidence, but for the past few days I've had a terrible problem with pop-up spam when using my phone to look at this website. It's especially bad if I click on Watched Threads. I don't have this problem with any other websites, but it happens periodically with this one. Very annoying.

RoyalJay

Mouseketeer
    We have a YC CL standard view room over Christmas. When doing online checkin it doesn’t give me any options for room location requests. Is there any request I should fax in or do I just get what I get? I’m really not picky but I guess ideally the only thing I’d put is close to the lounge. Is that even a possibility with standard view? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything. Thanks!

• meggers628

Mouseketeer
    Oh happy day! I have been trying to return to my happy place since we last stayed at the BC/BCV in 2011, and now I can finally request to be added to the Be Our Guest list again.

:flower1:

We’ll be there October 20-26, 2019 in a 2 bedroom villa and I can’t wait!

Last edited:

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    We have a YC CL standard view room over Christmas. When doing online checkin it doesn’t give me any options for room location requests. Is there any request I should fax in or do I just get what I get? I’m really not picky but I guess ideally the only thing I’d put is close to the lounge. Is that even a possibility with standard view? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything. Thanks!
    The online room request has never had many options & none were really pertinent to club level. You can call the CRO number or contact Signature Services to have your requests added. And yes, there are standard rooms that are close to the lounge, so that is a valid request. Some of the rooms are a bit far from the lounge, so if being close is important, go ahead & request it. I would just caution that you may have more foot traffic outside your room, including noise from the set up room as the CMs come & go. Just a little heads up, in case that would bother you. Have a great trip!

jenushkask8s

Cute and fluffy!
    DH and I will be staying at BCV (cash stay) 1/30-2/2 before our SWDAS cruise! I've been dying to go to SAB so as long as it's warm enough to keep it open, I'll be in the lazy river! :tongue:

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
    We're staying at the Beach Club and would like to try to catch the last service of the Club Level (desserts and cordials) before it the lounge closes, right after Illuminations.

In your opinion, what would be the most efficient and fast route to get to and from Epcot?

Thanks in advance!

• Haley R

With all the strength of a raging fire
    Probably a coincidence, but for the past few days I've had a terrible problem with pop-up spam when using my phone to look at this website. It's especially bad if I click on Watched Threads. I don't have this problem with any other websites, but it happens periodically with this one. Very annoying.
    I’ve had problems with that lately too. It will send me to random fake sites where it wants me to spin a wheel to win something

PCFriar80

BCV/CT
    We're staying at the Beach Club and would like to try to catch the last service of the Club Level (desserts and cordials) before it the lounge closes, right after Illuminations.

In your opinion, what would be the most efficient and fast route to get to and from Epcot?

Thanks in advance!
    Walking. Exit through International Gateway and you're 5 minutes away from the BC lobby. To maximize your time and expedite your departure, I would grab a spot in UK or the bridge between UK and France to view illuminations.

RoyalJay

Mouseketeer
    The online room request has never had many options & none were really pertinent to club level. You can call the CRO number or contact Signature Services to have your requests added. And yes, there are standard rooms that are close to the lounge, so that is a valid request. Some of the rooms are a bit far from the lounge, so if being close is important, go ahead & request it. I would just caution that you may have more foot traffic outside your room, including noise from the set up room as the CMs come & go. Just a little heads up, in case that would bother you. Have a great trip!
    Thanks for your input, I don’t mind the noise so I’ll reach out to make the request. Much appreciated!

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    You might want to check EPCOT's closing time for the night you plan to visit for Illuminations. Illuminations starts at park closing, and park hours vary, depending on time of year, holidays, crowd levels, etc. That could mean a show concluding after the Lounge closes for the night.

mikejs78

Mouseketeer
    Walking. Exit through International Gateway and you're 5 minutes away from the BC lobby. To maximize your time and expedite your departure, I would grab a spot in UK or the bridge between UK and France to view illuminations.
    I've had very good luck catching Illuminations at the bridge and booking it out of Epcot back to YC/BC. Best spot for a quick exit.

chabs

DIS Veteran
    My mini review: We went over Thanksgiving, so it was busy but not horrible. First stay at the Beach Club, although we have been to the YC several years ago. For comparison, we love GF. Usually stay there as a first choice, WL second. I thought the BC was ok, didn’t love it, didn’t hate it. Loved the walking distance to Epcot though. Room was ok, clean. Beds were not as good as GF. We actually had to move rooms due to some issues we had with noisy neighbors and the mattresses were well worn in both rooms and not the quality we expected for a deluxe. I am a mattress critic, if I get a bad one I literally cannot walk the parks the next day, so I’m posting this in case it helps someone else make a decision on where to stay.

Never used the pool, but I can confirm that they were checking people to get in and out of the gates, as we passed through there a few times.

We do not typically take the buses and didn’t take them this time either, so I can’t give a review on them, but we did take the boat back and forth to HS and that wasn’t even that bad for a busy time of year. Even at closing time, we only had to wait for the second boat after the first one filled. They can fit a crazy amount of people, it reminded me of clown cars. We kept saying there was no way all of these people were going to fit, but they kept piling in.

Saw the new gondola construction and was not impressed. Looks to me like the peaceful walk from the BC to Epcot will be gone once they open and I don’t think I would want to stay in that area after that happens because of the increased crowds at the back gate. Takes away the value of the hotels in that area in my opinion.

We also ate dinner at Beaches and Cream. Was not overly impressed with the food, like a Friendly’s. CMs were very nice, all of them and went out of their way to be helpful.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    We are leaving for our 15 day BCV stay TOMORROW!
    I've been planning this trip for FOUR YEARS (!!!) and I can't believe it's finally here.
    I can't wait to experience Disney through my kids' eyes for the first time - of hopefully many more visits to come.
    Thank you all for all of your help in planning this epic trip!
    Wishing you a most magical trip!!!

party:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS