Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The club level rooms on the fifth floor have the least amount of daybeds of any booking category. That is because most of them have dormers which makes the room smaller than a room that is not on the top floor. Disney should know that these rooms can barely fit a rolled in bed so they really shouldn’t let 5 people book these rooms that have only two queen beds.

Ooohhhh..... This is for the BC, right? Well low inventory might explain why I wasn't able to get CL there. Is it the same situation for the YC? Should I abandon all hope of scoring CL at the YC, too? :sad:

Ooohhhh..... This is for the BC, right? Well low inventory might explain why I wasn't able to get CL there. Is it the same situation for the YC? Should I abandon all hope of scoring CL at the YC, too? :sad:

If you have 5 people you can only book SV CL at the BC and YC. That probably has a something to do with availability you are seeing - if you have 5 people in your search the computer won't even show if the other rooms are available since your party doesn't fit in them.

For CL at the BC and YC they only let you book a standard View room with a party of 5, not GV or WV. I'm actually not sure of their rationale with that, b/c at the YC the CL GV rooms have daybeds, but you still can't book them with 5. Or at least I thought they all had daybeds, maybe I'm wrong and only the one we were in had one. But we had a SV CL BC room booked with 6 (but 2 were infants), and we didn't get a daybed. We didn't actually need it b/c we got 2 pack n plays for the infants, but I'm not sure if they saw that and assigned accordingly or if it was just luck of the draw. We weren't allowed to book a better view due to having the 6 people, even though it wouldn't have mattered since we didn't need the daybed anyway >:(. I would have much rather had a better view - it's irritating that we couldn't, yet still didn't get a daybed in the room that would have allowed the 5 people. But we were in a unique group, with 2 under 3 in the room. (I just prefer to have a daybed in the room even if we don't need it for sleeping, to give a sitting area other than the bed. I really did not care for our BC SV CL room with no daybed, a corner blocked out due to the architecture of the building, a regular hinged door to the balcony instead of a sliding glass door, and roman blinds instead of curtains).

Welp. This answers my question about 5 person CL at YC. Let the :sad: commence!
Although, I do have a GV room at the YC with five people. I guess they let us slip through the fence!

Welp. This answers my question about 5 person CL at YC. Let the :sad: commence!
Although, I do have a GV room at the YC with five people. I guess they let us slip through the net!

If you have a CL room booked at the YC that isn't standard view and have more than 4 people over age 3 in the room, then I'm wrong. I didn't double check myself, just going from what I remembered and what a TA told me when I was deciding b/w Poly CL and BC CL for a Magical deal a year or 2 ago.

ETA - this just applies to CL rooms, not any room at the YC. You can book 5 people in a regular GV or WV room, just not CL (that's how I understand it).

edited to correct the number allowed in a regular room - it's always 4, I meant to write 5!

Last edited:

If you have a CL room booked at the YC that isn't standard view and have more than 4 people over 3 in the room, then I'm wrong. I didn't double check myself, just going from what I remembered and what a TA told me when I was deciding b/w Poly CL and BC CL for a Magical deal a year or 2 ago.

ETA - this just applies to CL rooms, not any room at the YC. You can book 4 people in a regular GV or WV room, just not CL (that's how I understand it).
Ok, gotcha! I misread your post. :crazy2: I have a regular GV room for 5 because the CL (of any kind) were all booked up.

Beach Club to MK for rope drop - It is approximately 15 minutes to get to MK. The rope drop bus tends to be very popular so you would want to arrive at the bus stop at least 45 minutes or more before park opening. Buses come between 15 and 20 minutes apart but that can vary a lot. Bag check can be quick because they have a lot of stations set up.

Beach Club to AK - a little bit longer bus ride, at least 22 minutes, Again, give yourself at least 45 minutes or more before park opening. Bag check is okay here.

I think the bag check at Hollywood Studios is the slowest. They don't seem to have enough stations for the crowd. The boat ride is about twenty minutes and the walk is just about the same amount of time, maybe a few minutes longer. The difference with the walk is that you don't have to wait for a boat.

Thanks for the info! I'm thankful that our MK and our AK days, our RD isn't as time sensitive (We want to RD Na'vi cuz we have FP for FOP) But I'd still like an early start on the day, so if it opens at 9:00, we should plan on being there by 8:30, right? So get in line for the bus at 7:45? Do I have that right? Or do we need to leave earlier to account for bag checks? I'm used to Disneyland bag checks and those can be ridiculous!

HS and EP are our early RDs, (unless I miraculously find a morning FP for TSMM or SDD) but I can control walking speeds! I'm not as worried about those.

We had a water view and my son had a standard view

Aha, got it now! But I still don't get why they won't let 5 people book views other than SV in CL? I know they have rooms with daybeds that aren't SV, so it isn't that they don't exist. And I know they have SV rooms without daybeds. So it doesn't make sense. It can't be because it's too hard to not book more groups of 5 than there are rooms with daybeds, because they have those same issues non CL and manage (although I'm gathering they don't always manage very well!).

Aha, got it now! But I still don't get why they won't let 5 people book views other than SV in CL? I know they have rooms with daybeds that aren't SV, so it isn't that they don't exist. And I know they have SV rooms without daybeds. So it doesn't make sense. It can't be because it's too hard to not book more groups of 5 than there are rooms with daybeds, because they have those same issues non CL and manage (although I'm gathering they don't always manage very well!).

I could be wrong, but maybe one of the reasons is that there are some, but not many daybeds in the CL GV and CL WV categories. I'm not sure if there is a larger percentage in the SV category. Probably. But even so, say a family of 5 booked a SV room, and none of the rooms available when they checked in had daybeds. Then they could be upgraded to one of the rooms in the GV or WV category that had a daybed, and there would presumably be no reason to complain. But if a family of 5 booked a CL WV room with a daybed and at checkin the only room available with a daybed was in the GV or SV category, it would be a downgrade.

Just a guess at a possible explanation.

:confused3

I have a Garden View room booked for four people. Are my chances of getting a sofa bed slim? Even with a request?

I have a Garden View room booked for four people. Are my chances of getting a sofa bed slim? Even with a request?
Garden view rooms have a very good chance of having a daybed. As long as you don't have a room on the top floor of the section you are in, or one of the odd shaped rooms in a corner or other location, your chances of a daybed are good. Most of the complaints that you read about in this thread are for club level rooms. There are plenty of rooms at the BC and YC with daybeds, just not 100% of them.

Garden view rooms have a very good chance of having a daybed. As long as you don't have a room on the top floor of the section you are in, or one of the odd shaped rooms in a corner or other location, your chances of a daybed are good. Most of the complaints that you read about in this thread are for club level rooms. There are plenty of rooms at the BC and YC with daybeds, just not 100% of them.

Thank you!

In regards to the a regular room at the Beach Club, does it have two bathroom doors? I believe it does in the Yacht club, one for toilet/shower and another one for the Main vanity area, but does Beach Club have this?

We were in WV YC CL 2 weeks ago. We had a pull out sofa bed in our room, but the minute we walked in DD took one look at it and the lack of space between the sofa and the bed and said--"How on earth are you supposed to pull that out to actually sleep on it? There's no room". We are only a family of 3, so we did not try to pull it out to see if it fit.

We were in WV YC CL 2 weeks ago. We had a pull out sofa bed in our room, but the minute we walked in DD took one look at it and the lack of space between the sofa and the bed and said--"How on earth are you supposed to pull that out to actually sleep on it? There's no room". We are only a family of 3, so we did not try to pull it out to see if it fit.
The sofa bed folds out to a twin sized bed that runs the length of the sofa. It doesn’t fold outward. We haven’t opened one of them since our son used it long ago but it doesn’t take up very much extra space. :)

Last edited:
The sofa bed folds out to a twin sized bed that runs the length of the sofa. It doesn’t fold forward. We haven’t opened one of them since our son used it long ago but it doesn’t take up very much extra space. :)

I just found a youtube room tour where someone opened one-- I had not seen one like that! We have seen them where they pull out sideways some to be more the width of the twin bed. On the new YC ones the back of the couch just folds down and it is the same size as the couch except it is already made with sheets and everything. The depth looks the size of or a little taller than the arm of the sofa so that the arm is not sticking up when you lay on it. DD has a twin sized bed at home and from the size of that couch, I don't think it is as large as a normal twin size bed- might be an issue if the person was really tall. Well, I can tell you that we were in room 5223 which was YC CL water view (with a great view) and it definitely had the sofa bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter