Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My source is a FB group post from someone who says their source is valid. But they haven’t named their source, so who knows. But this rumour is coming from a bunch of different places now, so it lends some credence to it.

I’m honestly feeling sick about this. I hope it’s not true.

Agree. I wonder if they'd do anything to mitigate it, if true? Maybe set up a temp security entrance/exit behind World Showplace and at least bus Epcot resort guests there vs. the front entrance? Adjust nightly rate? Probably silly of me to hope for any mitigation. :rolleyes: I just checked availability for alternatives the couple of nights we'll be there and it's slim pickings (although could be b/c I'm only looking for 2 nights).

It’s slim pickings for 7 nights too. There’s nothing but Art of Animation for basically the same price (I would lose free dining). I guess BC, even with busses to EP is better than AoA since it’s all busses too. Disney will definitely hear from me if this rumour turns out to be true.

I have written to the DSS for my Yacht Club 11-24 - 12/1 Club Level stay once again, asking about about the boats and IG entrance... last time they said they had not received ANY info about this. I'll forward their reply when I hear back from them. It's just not right if this is true, that they are NOT telling all the Epcot area resorts about this early enough to make additional plans to accommodate it.
Thank you for checking with them. I am so hoping this is just an unpleasant rumor. With zero warning, it will be difficult or impossible to modify plans.

It’s slim pickings for 7 nights too. There’s nothing but Art of Animation for basically the same price (I would lose free dining). I guess BC, even with busses to EP is better than AoA since it’s all busses too. Disney will definitely hear from me if this rumour turns out to be true.

I just checked our dates (Dec 1 - 9) and I could move over to a split stay between Contemporary and GF - but the GF room is almost $700 per night! I am already booked in a garden view BC at rack rate for $500, and can't justify spending any more than that. I would love Contemporary for walking to MK, but it isn't available our whole trip. Luckily we are booked room only for our stay, so we have more flexibility to move and/or cancel up to five days before the trip if something comes up. I feel bad for people who may be booked on packages the week after Thanksgiving and are looking at a 30 day deadline quickly approaching with not much official information about this closure!

a word of caution:

The other thing to be aware of is if you cancel a package, (that includes tickets), it may affect any FPs you have already booked. If you loose them you may not get them back. Be aware of all implications before canceling.....

Hi. I need some opinions. My parents want to come with us for our April/May trip but the only rooms available under the code we used is a standard view room at the BC or a studio at the BC Villas. Pros with the standard view is that we would all be In the same building, bigger room and closer to SAB. Pros with the villa studio is the kitchenette.

Am I overlooking anything? I’m leaning towards booking the resort but I want to hear what people with firsthand experience

Thanks

I have written to the DSS for my Yacht Club 11-24 - 12/1 Club Level stay once again, asking about about the boats and IG entrance... last time they said they had not received ANY info about this. I'll forward their reply when I hear back from them. It's just not right if this is true, that they are NOT telling all the Epcot area resorts about this early enough to make additional plans to accommodate it.

Haven't yet heard back from DSS, but I did an online chat with "Bob" here's his reply when I asked about IG and Friendship Boat closures:

upload_2018-10-14_9-52-32.png
Now, I know you can't take anything any CM says as gospel, but at least I would hope that they would have SOME knowledge about it.... we'll see

Edited: and I just realized that his answer is very carefully worded - "we will continue to provide transportation".... not quite the same as "boats will be running and IG will be open"... take it for what it's worth....

Haven't yet heard back from DSS, but I did an online chat with "Bob" here's his reply when I asked about IG and Friendship Boat closures:

View attachment 358355
Now, I know you can't take anything any CM says as gospel, but at least I would hope that they would have SOME knowledge about it.... we'll see

Thanks for sharing. I fear that "no official announcement... right now" and "we will continue to provide transportation to and from the parks" are the key parts of his reply. And buses, of course, will satisfy that. Crossing my fingers that I'm wrong...

Hi. I need some opinions. My parents want to come with us for our April/May trip but the only rooms available under the code we used is a standard view room at the BC or a studio at the BC Villas. Pros with the standard view is that we would all be In the same building, bigger room and closer to SAB. Pros with the villa studio is the kitchenette.

Am I overlooking anything? I’m leaning towards booking the resort but I want to hear what people with firsthand experience

Thanks

Here is some info we have in the review section (Page 1, Post 16) of this thread:

Comparison of BCV studio to standard BC resort room
BC resort room vs. BCV (Tess)
See page 899-900 of this thread for several additional comments of BCV vs. BC standard room

I have never stayed in a Beach Club studio, so I can't give you any personal feedback.

:goodvibes

Thanks

I, personally, don't think that the kitchenette is that much of a pro, if you use the toaster or microwave in your room daily then it is nice to have them, but if you don't then it isn't really a perk (we use the toaster maybe once every 4 trips so it isn't a perk for us). For me, the nicest thing about the studios is having a couch and a bed, as DH and I don't need two beds, and we like being able to sit on the couch. If I were you, I would get the standard room, as I think the proximity perks would be bigger than the small perks of the BCV studio. Have a great trip, you can't really go wrong with either!

Regarding a possible closure of the friendship boats..... if there is an issue with the international gateway as many are speculating, that shouldn’t affect boat transportation to the Studios. But the Swan & Dolphin letter says no boat transportation to either park. A few days ago someone suggested it may be an issue with the S & D boat dock which makes sense to me.

Regarding a possible closure of the friendship boats..... if there is an issue with the international gateway as many are speculating, that shouldn’t affect boat transportation to the Studios. But the Swan & Dolphin letter says no boat transportation to either park. A few days ago someone suggested it may be an issue with the S & D boat dock which makes sense to me.
This is a very good point and it is what I am hoping for as well!

the problem is, the boats come out through the international Gateway. If there is a closure there due to them doing Gondola work, I'm not sure the boats can get past the international Gateway boat dock. Guess we will all have to wait and see.

It's a shame that Disney isn't being more forthcoming with news on this, as it's been in the works for a long time, and after the Costco announcement at Swan and Dolphin, you would think they would address it with the other Epcot Resorts.

the problem is, the boats come out through the international Gateway. If there is a closure there due to them doing Gondola work, I'm not sure the boats can get past the international Gateway boat dock. Guess we will all have to wait and see.

It's a shame that Disney isn't being more forthcoming with news on this, as it's been in the works for a long time, and after the Costco announcement at Swan and Dolphin, you would think they would address it with the other Epcot Resorts.

Maybe someone should send an email to the YC/BC Gen Mgr and see how they respond.

I follow 36 Disney and Universal bloggers on Twitter and I haven't seen anything about the International Gateway rumor or the boat rumor. If I see a link to an official source, I'll post it. (The link to the official source, not the link to the Twitter post.)

My concern about rumors is that cast members sometimes (often?) have incorrect information. So even if the castmember is a friend of the person posting and they know the castmember would never lie, that doesn't mean that the information they are passing on is correct.

Last edited:
It should not be the Swan / Dolphin dock as that dock was just updated / repaired last May while Disney was working on the bridge over the canal at the Swan. The Epcot portion of the Friendship boat traffic was back up before June 1st. The HS portion of the Friendship boat traffic was impacted until very late in June (just before Toy Story Land Opened).

Friendship Boat Service.jpg

Dave

a word of caution:

The other thing to be aware of is if you cancel a package, (that includes tickets), it may affect any FPs you have already booked. If you loose them you may not get them back. Be aware of all implications before canceling.....

Also if a ticket price increase has taken place you would be paying for the increase.

Hmmm, so I have been trying to find out when the Gondola construction is supposed to be completed and there doesn't appear to be a date. It seems they will be actively working on it prior to the holidays, as reported in this thread. But, it also seems the Gondola is not expected to open until later in 2019. So, I am concerned that they may need to continue construction after the holidays, and potentially need to stop the boats running again after the holidays, and re-close the IG. It's rather annoying that no official announcement has been made regarding the impact of construction in this area for 2018 and for 2019.

I also have some mixed feelings about how it will impact this beautiful area once it starts running. The IG entrance is not that big, and that's what I like about it. How will it be affected with thousands of guests now entering through it?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter