Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
Thanks- I hope we just get the daybed.

I am traveling with my young adult dd and my older teen niece and nephew so I need that daybed for my nephew. I made a request but didn't really get the feeling that the CM understood my concerns.... almost makes me want to add my other niece to the reservation even though she can't make it (but I won't!).

YC is one of 2 resorts we haven't stayed at yet and we are looking forward to it but if I can find a Studio villa with the single murphy I may have to switch.
If she's under 18 you could add her to the room, if she's over 18 your would probably end up spending more on the extra adult fee than the daybed if you ended up having to pay for a daybed per night.

wishinon3stars

Mouseketeer
We returned last Saturday night from a week stay at the BC. We had an absolutely fantastic time. Everything was wonderful.

We were upgraded from a standard view to what they said was a garden view but we could also see storm along bay pool. We looked out over the entrance to the back of the resort.

Mousekeeping was great. So great in fact that I sent a letter to Kim the GM acknowledging our mousekeeper. She worked her butt off getting all the rooms cleaned on our floor but always stopped to say hi with a smile and ask if there was anything we needed.

Buses were plentiful and never full.
Crowds were better than I expected them to be. We loved the slinky dog ride. Great addition to HS especially for the younger visitors.

On our second day we came back to the room to find a box of chocolates from the Ganachery with a nice thank you from the cast at the beach club. I love the ganachery chocolates!

Anyone looking for a delicious quick sit down breakfast, make sure you go to compass and ale! My caramel apple French toast was out of this world delicious!

Wishes that everyone going can relax and have as great and enjoyable time as we did.

A46DC800-1B70-48A9-8EEC-72B563A4134B.jpeg
559481C0-579D-4B08-AEC0-0F9E06D4593D.jpeg

• tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
    If she's under 18 you could add her to the room, if she's over 18 your would probably end up spending more on the extra adult fee than the daybed if you ended up having to pay for a daybed per night.
    Oh I know - my dd's are both over 18 so we have been paying extra adult fees for a while now but my niece is under 18.

In fact that's another reason for me to look at a studio villa as they don't charge the extra adult fee. (At least until 1/1/19!)

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
    Oh I know - my dd's are both over 18 so we have been paying extra adult fees for a while now but my niece is under 18.

In fact that's another reason for me to look at a studio villa as they don't charge the extra adult fee. (At least until 1/1/19!)
    That extro adult fee is a killer, and it keeps on going up! But at least it's free until they are 18, and not something much lower :-). I'll just consider myself lucky if any of our boys want to travel with us after they are 18 :flower:

Are they going to start charging for extra adults in the DVC rooms after 1/1/19?

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
    That extro adult fee is a killer, and it keeps on going up! But at least it's free until they are 18, and not something much lower :-). I'll just consider myself lucky if any of our boys want to travel with us after they are 18 :flower:

Are they going to start charging for extra adults in the DVC rooms after 1/1/19?
    I know what you mean ! OT but I don't mind paying for my dd's as I don't know how much longer they will want to vacation with mom (and that's ok too!). I read that the Studios will start charging the extra adult fee in 2019 but I haven't tried to price anything out yet.

mikejs78

Mouseketeer
    My wife and I were 'WDW veterans', going many times between 2004 (our honeymoon) to 2010... During most of that time, we stayed at the moderates (Port Orleans, which we love, especially French Quarter). On our last trip (2010) befor we had kids, we stayed at the Yacht Club and fell in love with it -the resort itself, but also its close proximity to Epcot.

Fast forward to last April, we took our first trip with our two boys (DS-7 and DS-10mos at the time) and first since 2010. We stayed at the Beach Club, and had an amazing time. Didn't think we'd be going back for a few years, but last week we got a discount code in the mail - and on a whim, booked a room at the BC for Presidents Day week. I can't wait - the resort really does feel like our Disney Home. Just so excited for this unexpected, upcoming trip... I don't really have a question, just had to share the excitement with someone (as we are surprising our son at Christmas, so he doesn't know yet ..). :)

Last edited:
  • Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    I made a request but didn't really get the feeling that the CM understood my concerns...
    So call again. Tell them you’re afraid you didn’t do a good job explaining yourself when you called before and ask them to read the request back to you. (Even if you were perfectly clear and the problem was the prior castmember.)

Megan138

Earning My Ears
    Hi all! What a great thread! I spent some time reading through recent pages and decided to book the Beach Club for our April/May 2019 9 night trip. I’m so excited. We stayed at the Polynesian last year but decided to try something different and stay at an Epcot resort. I’m sure I’ll have more questions as it gets closer but for now just 2.

We have a Deluxe (but not Club level) room. Does anyone know what the views are like from there?

Also, with the new gondola system opening in 2019 do you think there will be construction on the walkway to Epcot during that time?

Thanks!

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Hi all! What a great thread! I spent some time reading through recent pages and decided to book the Beach Club for our April/May 2019 9 night trip. I’m so excited. We stayed at the Polynesian last year but decided to try something different and stay at an Epcot resort. I’m sure I’ll have more questions as it gets closer but for now just 2.

We have a Deluxe (but not Club level) room. Does anyone know what the views are like from there?

Also, with the new gondola system opening in 2019 do you think there will be construction on the walkway to Epcot during that time?

Thanks!
    :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Here's the info we have on the Beach Club Deluxe Rooms.

There are six Deluxe Rooms at BC.

1557 has a patio and lots of windows.
    2557 and 4557 have extra large balconies.
    3557 has the standing room only balcony.

3691 has both a standing room balcony and a full balcony
    4691 has a standing room only balcony.

So 3 of the 6 have full balconies, 1 has a patio, and 2 have standing room only balconies.

If you check out this link, you will find some of the views for the Deluxe Rooms.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-deluxe-rooms-suites-vp-and-presidential-rooms.2872514/

Note: A lot of these pictures were posted prior to the room renovations, but the views should be the same.

:goodvibes

Last edited:

pas130

Always missing Florida....
    :wave2: popping in after a LONG time :cool2: upcoming YC GV CL stay with DH using the amazing Chase Visa 35% off 1/18-21. I really wanted BC or Poly, but since I am a brat on a budget...YC it is. Thank you for your continued hard work here Dee :hug: (lots of changes already, so hopefully I am done)

MamaJJ2018

Earning My Ears
    Has anyone used a full size crib rental service at the beach club? I am staying a week with my 18 month old and wondering if its worth it. Does beach club have full size cribs upon request? Just worried she will get tired of a travel crib really fast...

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Can anyone tell me how easy it is to go to cape may breakfast without a reservation?
    This is a popular character breakfast but I would think that last minute openings would appear if you keep checking within a few days of your trip. A lot of ADR's for most restaurants seem to magically appear at the last minute. :)

MamaJJ2018

Earning My Ears
    Thank you! Thats what I am hoping for...we had a reservation for breakfast on our Epcot day but had to rearrange our trip in order to snag flight of passage fast passes! By the time our fast passes were booked I was shocked that Cape May had no availabilities on our Epcot/HS mornings! Will be checking the app

twirly123

Mouseketeer
    Has anyone used a full size crib rental service at the beach club? I am staying a week with my 18 month old and wondering if its worth it. Does beach club have full size cribs upon request? Just worried she will get tired of a travel crib really fast...
    We arrived on Friday and ordered from a baby's best friend as kingdom strollers were out. Worked a treat and my 18 month old sleeping soundly. We arrived late and baby's best friend easily accommodated us. Asked at check in whether here were any cribs instead of pack and plays available since we arrived so late and there were, although it turmed out I didn't need as baby's best friend delivered. So - there does seem to be cribs available. My son doesn't sleep on pack and lays so I decided not to take the chance no full cribs available.

Trinity88

Mouseketeer
    Has anyone heard a rumour about International Gateway being closed from just after American Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas? I'm really hoping what I'm hearing is wrong.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS