Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I did not step foot inside the SAB fortress during our stay last week, but observed no evidence of cabana construction. (The quiet pool at YC was wonderful though...I must be old now:sad1:)
We spent most of our time over at the rumored area to be used for the Cabanas and saw absolutely no hint of Cabana construction :)

Question 1: Has anyone taken a Minnie Van from yacht club to MK recently? Wondering what the price would be now? Google maps says it's about 5.5 miles so that would be around $30.

Q2: Is the walk significantly longer from yacht club to HS with the construction going on?
this is from the Lyft app. I have heard that the walk is significantly longer, from Yacht Club to Hollywood Studios, but there are varying opinions as to whether or not It matters. Some don't like the extra walk, some don't mind it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181010-162303.png
    Screenshot_20181010-162303.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 32
this is from the Lyft app. I have heard that the walk is significantly longer, from Yacht Club to Hollywood Studios, but there are varying opinions as to whether or not It matters. Some don't like the extra walk, some don't mind it.
Thank you!!

Question 1: Has anyone taken a Minnie Van from yacht club to MK recently? Wondering what the price would be now? Google maps says it's about 5.5 miles so that would be around $30.

Q2: Is the walk significantly longer from yacht club to HS with the construction going on?
Went last week from BC to MK and it was $31.56

Thank you so much for this very helpful info! I'll add these links and the site with the wdw allergy menus to the end of the dining post, where I have info about dining options for people with food allergies at the resort.

:thumbsup2

When we got an MK to Boardwalk quote on Friday, the Minnie Van was listed at $33 and a regular Lyft was about half of that, maybe less if I’m remembering it correctly. We didn’t end up taking either, since the bus finally showed up.

We are staying at Yacht Club and had Early Morning Magic in Toy Story Land this morning. Our only option was walk or Lyft/Minnie Van. We found a $5 code on the web for Lyft and with tip got here for less than $5. Minnie Van was around $19 and Lyft was around $7 or $8 (before coupon).

The front desk told us the walk would be about 30 minutes at a normal pace. No other option so no thanks. We were surprised Disney didn’t have any options to Hollywood Studios for us for the special event. It’s my only complaint so far and we’ve been here since Saturday. To tell me to either walk that far or buy a Lyft wasn’t extra magical. Everything else great.

About 2 weeks ago it cost us $34.96 to Minnie Van from the BC to MK.

We are staying at Yacht Club and had Early Morning Magic in Toy Story Land this morning. Our only option was walk or Lyft/Minnie Van. We found a $5 code on the web for Lyft and with tip got here for less than $5. Minnie Van was around $19 and Lyft was around $7 or $8 (before coupon).

The front desk told us the walk would be about 30 minutes at a normal pace. No other option so no thanks. We were surprised Disney didn’t have any options to Hollywood Studios for us for the special event. It’s my only complaint so far and we’ve been here since Saturday. To tell me to either walk that far or buy a Lyft wasn’t extra magical. Everything else great.

When we did the EMM at TSL a few weeks ago the front desk told us that there would be no transportation available and we'd have to walk or take a lyft, but it turns out they were wrong. In the early morning before the boats start, they do have buses from the YC/BC to HS, even on days without an early event. One morning we were waiting for a bus to MK and between 6:15 and 6:40 two buses showed up for HS (yet none for the MK)! We did end up walking on our morning of EMM, and even at a super slow pace taking pictures, the walk took less than 20 minutes, so we didn't think it was that bad!

When we did the EMM at TSL a few weeks ago the front desk told us that there would be no transportation available and we'd have to walk or take a lyft, but it turns out they were wrong. In the early morning before the boats start, they do have buses from the YC/BC to HS, even on days without an early event. One morning we were waiting for a bus to MK and between 6:15 and 6:40 two buses showed up for HS (yet none for the MK)! We did end up walking on our morning of EMM, and even at a super slow pace taking pictures, the walk took less than 20 minutes, so we didn't think it was that bad!
Good to know! We checked wait time on the app at 6:40 and there wasn’t a bus listed so we called Lyft. We were there in 10 minutes. Front desk and boat operators both said only way there was boat later in the morning. The front desk said 30 minutes walk too so they obviously don’t Always know :).

Thanks for this!

I think it is a shame that the front desk does not have the correct info about resort transportation (but will give answers anyway). This is nothing new unfortunately. I always rely on info from other guests about their experience with buses/boats instead of resort CMs (or even bus drivers- LOL!)

I am always hesitant about answering questions about early morning (pre-park) transportation by bus or boat to the parks for early opening events/tour or PPO breakfast because I am not confident that there is consistent, reliable transportation in the early morning hours.

My approach is to give myself plenty of time at the bus stop, but to have a Plan B transportation option if I need to be somewhere by a specific deadline.

:car:

:boat:

Last edited:
Page 1334-1335

I have had some of the Joffrey’s iced coffee that is pretty satisfying.

If I remember right I’m pretty sure you can use snack credits to purchase if on the Dining Plan.

Thanks for the reminders about the Joffrey's stands! Coffee tends to be decent and lines are better than Starbucks.

:drinking1

I'd phrase it as "upper floor" - it's too easy for "not" to get missed.

That said, much as I don't like to think about it, snakes can climb buildings...

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Thanks for the tip.

:goodvibes

No one in this thread will crush you! I’ve been in and out for a few years now here & can 100% say this is one the kindest threads on the boards :)

:grouphug:

We checked in to Yacht Club on Saturday and are in love. I am sitting on the balcony as I type staring at the lighthouse and listening to sounds from The Boardwalk. I was very disappointed not to be able to get a Halloween mug on Saturday, but was thrilled to find them in stock today. Supposedly it’s the first time Yacht has had them this season per the employees. The sweet cashier traded mine out for me. So excited to have a different mug after many trips to WDW! It will be a sad day on Saturday when we leave this beautiful resort!

So glad to hear your trip is off to a great start (except for maybe the less-than-helpful transportation info)

::yes::

Thank you both!

Here are the pics of the view for 2629:

Forgot to give you a :welcome:

Thanks for the pictures and description of your room. I have added your info to the BC View Thread.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Page 1336-1337

Went last week from BC to MK and it was $31.56

About 2 weeks ago it cost us $34.96 to Minnie Van from the BC to MK.

Double Ouch!

I haven't really been paying too much attention to the Minnie Van stuff but did I see the transport to/from MCO using the MVs is $150 EACH WAY?!?

That is NOT a magical express!

:sad2:

Checked in yesterday and loving it! We definitely got an upgrade / had a garden view and our room is directly over the lobby, facing out to the marina- gorgeous view.

AWESOME!

Wishing you an incredible trip!

:dogdance:

We’ll be checking into the BC next Sunday (doing a split stay with POFQ). Can someone tell me what the name is the drink is that’s no longer on the menu (I’ve seen several posts in this thread about it). Thanks!

We’ll be checking into the BC next Sunday (doing a split stay with POFQ). Can someone tell me what the name is the drink is that’s no longer on the menu (I’ve seen several posts in this thread about it). Thanks!
Sunkin Treasure? Have a great trip. Cheers!

Page 1336-1337
Double Ouch!

I haven't really been paying too much attention to the Minnie Van stuff but did I see the transport to/from MCO using the MVs is $150 EACH WAY?!?

That is NOT a magical express!
I just checked the price of our usual Tiffany Towncar, 135.00 plus tip round trip. I will be booking with them, maybe not as cute as a Minnie Van but that's OK. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter