Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

shoreward

DIS Veteran
There are so many more families with kids of all ages at the BC, than the YC. I believe that might be one factor why the appearance is easier to be maintained at the YC, than the BC. It certainly is why the environment is more sedate and tranquil at the YC.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
Hi all, we left YC yesterday & are at GF now. I saw very little work actually being done on the roof. They did some spraying on Monday for a short time. Nothing other than that. The orange flags did get extended all the way down that roof under the waterview club level. But no work that bothered us.

Club level offerings were the same as I saw in April: crepe, chocolate chip bread pudding, mini quiche, onion tarts for breakfast. Salmon with grains, chicken skewers, mini hot dogs (pigs in a blanket) with ketchup & mustard for dipping, Mac & cheese bar for evening apps. Mini cupcakes, mini hot apple pies, Rice Krispies treats, cookies, Mickey head flourless mousse/ cake, no bake cheesecake cups etc. many dessert options. Plus all the other usual options people list for all the different offererings.

I did not make any requests. We were in room 5239 I think it was. Allllll the way down the hall away from the elevator & lounge. Luckily we always had a seat in the lounge because it was too far to go back & forth with plates of food. It is a 2 queen bed room with a shower only. And something I have never seen before, it had a connecting room door on each side of the room. There was a sofa but no desk. The second connecting door was where the desk normally would be. There was a straight back desk chair, but no desk. That was a bit annoying but since we were only there 4 nights, it was tolerable. I had been wanting a shower only room. But I realized it might not be a good option for us. There is no ledge of any kind. So ladies, nothing to rest your foot on if you need to shave your legs. Might be ok if you are young & have great balance. But for those of us getting a little older, that can be a challenge. Just something I noticed that I hadn’t thought of before.

We had a bus situation Monday headed to Disney Springs. Went to bus stop about 4: 25. Sign lists buses as coming every 20 minutes, no specific time listed. We wait over 40 minutes. At about 5:20, bus station sign changed & showed the next bus due at 5:53! Almost 1.5 hours with no bus?! DH went to ask valet, who of course know nothing. He then went inside to ask, the 2 “suits” who greeted him in the lobby also knew nothing. Said, oh, they come every 20 minutes. DH told them what the sign said, which they were also able to pull up on their iPad. Hmmm,,,”that’s not right....” anyway, I texted DH just then as a bus was pulling in. Still a good 65-70 minutes with no DS bus.

Also had a problem Saturday afternoon leaving the Studios. Boats weren’t running due to lightening in the area. Captain announced over loudspeaker as we approached that the boats had been down for 45 minutes & to go use the buses. Problem was, there was NO signage to tell you what bus stop for Epcot resorts. And, of course, no CMs around at the bus stops to ask either. We walked down the first row of buses looking at resort names or for some sign. NOTHING. I was not walking all the way back to try the other row, so we ended up walking back. In a light rain. With lightening. Too much lightening for the boats to run. But apparently, it is OK for guests to walk back along the water in the lightening. :confused3 I mean, come on! We also needed to use the bus Sunday evening, and that time there was a temporary sign listing the bus stop in 2 different places.

I booked a bounceback with free dining for next year. Gonna skip September, the heat really is getting to be too much for me. And we find we aren’t utilizing the club level services & offerings very much either, so I booked a YC garden view room. Dee, can you add me for Dec 7-14 2019, please? Thanks! Happy to answer any questions!

sweetyk83

Mouseketeer
There are so many more families with kids of all ages at the BC, than the YC. I believe that might be one factor why the appearance is easier to be maintained at the YC, than the BC. It certainly is why the environment is more sedate and tranquil at the YC.
Absolutely! I definitely noticed this. It’s really the reason I’m somewhat concerned about taking my kids to YC. I don’t want them to negatively affect others vacations if they’re noisy.
Really I think it’s just that I’m getting older and my kids are getting older so I may be getting less tolerant of the noise and activity.

• FREE Disney World Dining Plan for Kids with 3-Night Stay + Ticket Package
    You can get a FREE dining plan for your kids (ages 3 to 9) when you buy a non-discounted 3-night/3-day package for you and your kid(s) that includes a room at a select Disney Value Resort hotel, theme park tickets and a dining plan. Valid for arrivals most nights from January 1 – March 7, 2020 when you book through January 1, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• Paulines

Mouseketeer
    The YC seemed very well maintained and public areas were immaculate (and I’m fussy). I was up this morning at 4 am and went outside to sit in a rocker overlooking the pool area and there were so many people working; cleaning the pool, washing the outside furniture and deck areas, washing windows, etc.

sweetpee_1993

DIS Veteran
    Checked into BC at about noon today for our 2 night pre-cruise stay. Realized I forgot our magic bands at home. At check-in the gentaleman helping us said, “Oh! Your room is ready!” I was so excited because I had hoped we could go straight to our room. Then, he proceeded to say, “One moment and I’ll walk you up.” I was like “What did you just say???” because I know exactly what that means! Yup, we got bumped up to club level! The only request we put in was for a king bed along with a note that this is our 25th anniversary trip. No king bed but who’s complaining????

Hit up SAB for an afternoon swim then had a fab dinner at Homecomin’. What an excellent start to our vaca!

Haley R

With all the strength of a raging fire
    Checked into BC at about noon today for our 2 night pre-cruise stay. Realized I forgot our magic bands at home. At check-in the gentaleman helping us said, “Oh! Your room is ready!” I was so excited because I had hoped we could go straight to our room. Then, he proceeded to say, “One moment and I’ll walk you up.” I was like “What did you just say???” because I know exactly what that means! Yup, we got bumped up to club level! The only request we put in was for a king bed along with a note that this is our 25th anniversary trip. No king bed but who’s complaining????

Hit up SAB for an afternoon swim then had a fab dinner at Homecomin’. What an excellent start to our vaca!
    That's so awesome! We've never been upgraded. I never want to get my hopes up for one, but it sure would be nice one of these days lol. I read about people getting them all the time.

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
    Absolutely! I definitely noticed this. It’s really the reason I’m somewhat concerned about taking my kids to YC. I don’t want them to negatively affect others vacations if they’re noisy.
    Really I think it’s just that I’m getting older and my kids are getting older so I may be getting less tolerant of the noise and activity.
    Don’t be concerned about feeling out of place with kids at the YC! Yes, it is calmer and quieter than the BC, but it’s still a Disney Resort and kids are all around! We stayed at both the YC and BC in June with our 4 kids (18 mon, 18mon, 5,8) and I much preferred the YC over the BC. There were a couple of times our kids were the only ones in the YC lobby when we were passing through, but that’s because it was so calm and the BC lobby was always jam packed and crazy! I never felt out of place with the kids, and even though I prefer a beachy decor over a nautical decor in my real life, at Disney for a variety of reasons, and much to my surprise, I much preferred the YC.

• sweetpee_1993

DIS Veteran
    That's so awesome! We've never been upgraded. I never want to get my hopes up for one, but it sure would be nice one of these days lol. I read about people getting them all the time.
    We stayed a single night in April ore-cruise over at WL. Well, we booked a standard View lodge room. They put us in a 1-bedroom Copper Creek. That was pretty crazy. Then this! We’ve done Disney vacations in the past. Loads of times. Until these 2 upgrades it’s never happened to us. With such short stays I think it increases the odds quite a bit.

Haley R

With all the strength of a raging fire
    We stayed a single night in April ore-cruise over at WL. Well, we booked a standard View lodge room. They put us in a 1-bedroom Copper Creek. That was pretty crazy. Then this! We’ve done Disney vacations in the past. Loads of times. Until these 2 upgrades it’s never happened to us. With such short stays I think it increases the odds quite a bit.
    That's cool! Hopefully we get some pixie dust when we stay at BC since we booked a Standard room, but if not we will be okay. We won't hardly be in the room anyway.

LMO429

DIS Veteran
    Our view was water view. We were in front of the pool on the side closest to Epcot. It was beautiful especially at night. I loved it!

No trash strewn around at the yacht club and it just looked better maintained. I could just be because white trim is EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to keep looking nice especially with so much activity. We just noticed a lot of wear and tear on the beach club side that we didn’t see in the yacht club side. Their shop (can’t recall the name) was so much cleaner especially their mug refill area!
    We used to be long time fans of the beach club, the last couple of times we stayed it always felt run down but this was before the renovation. Mainly been staying at the Grand/Copper Creek, since then. We are booked for the beach club/water view for next month for 10 nights. We wanted to give it another chance since it's been so long since we stayed there and it's food and wine. I truly truly hope all the bad reviews that I have been reading on trip advisor and here are not true. We love the beach club but we always had maintanence problems in the room cleanliness issues there. I am hoping for the best come October. How do I recommend a deep cleaning of the room before I check in. I looked to change resorts just now online but nothing is available. I am hoping for the best come October, but Im definitely worried. Also is there a manager of the beach club email I can reach out to before our stay? Does anyone know

Amy M

DIS Veteran
    That is amazing? Did you have anything noted on your reservation, or was this just pure pixie dust?

• Shellyb84

DIS Veteran
    DVC Gold
    For people commenting on hoping for an upgrade -- these people got upgraded, but note the short length of their reservations.
    We booked one night at Poly in June (part of a split stay) and were upgraded from TPV to CL TPV. I even told DH before the trip that if we were ever going to be upgraded to CL, it would be that trip bc it's only one night! Sure enough we were. I wish it had been more than one night but it was still amazing and we were grateful! Once at BC we were upgraded from SV to GV for an 8 night stay.

sweetpee_1993

DIS Veteran
    For people commenting on hoping for an upgrade -- these people got upgraded, but note the short length of their reservations.
    Exactly! The upgrade we had at WL was a single night. This upgrade is only 2 nights. We cruise more than parks for vacation nowadays so our resort stays are typically very short.

Paulines

Mouseketeer
    We got an upgrade on a reservation at the BC that was supposed to be cancelled. Long story short, we stayed at the YC for 5 nights and were going to stay at the BC for 2 nights, but were unable. Come to find out that if we had stayed at the BC, our gv room was upgraded to club level. Sad, but true.

niccikatie

Mouseketeer
    We were at the Beach Club from 8/25 - 9/2. We arrived to the airport around 1:00 and headed right to Magical Express. Unfortunately, we had to wait a good 20-30 min for our bus. Once we were on the bus, I received a text that our room was not yet ready and we'd receive another text when it was. We arrived at the Beach Club and were promptly greeted - this was lovely. We changed out of our pants into shorts and dropped our carry ons at Luggage Services and headed for Epcot. We got as far as the UK and decided it looked like rain and we should eat. We had a short wait for a walk up at Rose and Crown and heaven unleashed. While eating - around 4:30 or so we finally got the room ready text! It was 2633 - which meant nothing to me at the time. The rain had slowed considerably so we paid our check and headed back to the room via the secret entrance. Little did we know how far away our room would be, LOL!

2633 is a garden view room. We booked a standard, so this was an upgrade for us. It has a full balcony that overlooks the walkway to the lobby (and a tiny corner of SAB). This room is insanely conveniently located for the lobby! We loved being on the second floor and just taking the steps up from the lobby, pass the elevators and there is the room. Fantastic! This room is also handicapped accessible - with handrails in the bathroom but a full tub. This room has two queens and no daybed which was fine for our family of 3. It has a connecting door and only one night was the room next door exceptionally loud. Otherwise, the room was pretty quiet. Our room was kept clean, had the blackout curtains, and was very comfortable. The only issue was we requested tea via a note to the housekeepers and it was never left. DH had to call the front desk for it - they brought it up, but that was a TINY bit annoying. I wouldn't hesitate to book this room again and would totally pay extra if I could be certain to have this room or one of its neighbors.

Overall, our stay was fantastic. We found the buses BACK from MK, AK, Disney Springs to be atrocious. I will be writing in the next couple days to the GM about it - it was that bad. We consistently waited longer than any other resort and often observed two or three busses to Swolphin or Boardwalk (and many others - including values and moderates) in the time it would take for our bus to come. I'm truly not a complainer, but this was craziness! The bus arrival screens at the resort and on the app was working flawlessly for us, so I think that made the pain of waiting even worse. If I knew when the bus was coming, I would have had a much nicer experience. Not to mention there is no attendant in the parks to even ask to get an idea or get a bus sent to the parks. That was very disappointing.

We did experience some construction on the opposite side of the walkway from our room. It wasn't noisy or instructive, but it was noticeable.

We had a fantastic time for the first few days of Food & Wine and staying at the Epcot resorts for that was truly magical. We had SO MUCH fun and would not hesitate to stay there again.

ETA:
    I also remembered that the shower was very strange. I assume it was because of the handicapped accessibility - it was a removable showerhead that was positioned very high. It kinda sprayed me in the face instead of the head due to the angle.
    Here are a couple pictures:

Last edited:

misskari

Mouseketeer
    Yikes! The past 3 pages have been about construction, and I am more than worried for our trip starting on 9/21 at BC villas. When I booked I specifically asked about construction, bummer.

So it sounds like roof construction? Yacht and Beach club? Villas too? ARG! Oh well. Can’t win em all I guess.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    We ate dinner at Crews Cup last night and then walked through the BC. There is scaffolding up by the quiet pool, right by the doors to the building. The door that is closest to the small elevator was closed. But the door that leads from the quiet pool into the section of the building closest to Epcot was open. The quiet pool was open, too.

We didn't see any construction going on. I think they are just finishing up the painting at the BC.

Last edited:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS