Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Save 35% on rooms for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021!
Take advantage of great savings on rooms for your early 2021 return to the magic! *Restrictions apply
Get a Quote

mcurrence

mcurrence
Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful pics with us!! Everything looks gorgeous - very glad you had a great trip :)

• catho72

DIS Veteran
    Oh my gosh, did anybody fall in while using this giant toilet? I am headed to the Poly in a couple of weeks with Rebecca and Nannette. I think I will wear my water wings just in case, every time I have to use the bathroom.

~NM
    The three of you could have a tea party in that bathroom! One person can sit on the throne while the other two "ladies in waiting" can sit on the floor or play twister!

Gabe's Mom

Mouseketeer
    We have a stay booked for 8/5-8/9. We currently have 8/5 at the Beach Club and the other 3 nights at the Yacht Club. Neither had availability for all 4 nights. Going for a medical conference, I assume the availability is only rooms at the conference rate. I've been calling, so far nothing has opened up to put the whole stay together.
    Anyone have any guess whether we'll have better luck at check in? Such a short stay so really don't want to move rooms if we don't have to....

Aerinha

DIS Veteran
    Ummm, last year I nearly spit my coffee out on that pic!!! Well, I just made a fresh cup, sat down to my afternoon Dis fix. and what pops up??? that darn "we won't call it what we really want to" towel animal LOLOLOLOL!!!!
    My first thought was the sames yours and everyone else's. About all I can say is that the seemed like they left my room unfinished that day. I popped in to drop off something and the mouse keeping tag was on the door next door not mine, but things were in odd places as if she meant to return and hadn't yet. I was in the room for five minutes before leaving and assumed the "animal" would be completed when my room was finished. But all was the same when I returned hours later.

It was also the last creation I received during my stay.

• Aerinha

DIS Veteran
    Probably the same thing that came to mine. :rolleyes1
    When I took the pic aside from amusing my FB friends, I was tempted to ask someone there what it was, thinking they had a list of approved animals and I possibly had an unartistic mouse keeper who was trying to make a Mickey and got that instead. Knowing it is all up to the person I am glad I didn't as I might have gotten her in trouble w/o meaning to.

THIS is the elusive Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal!!!

Rumored to have been developed by Imagineers after a night of heavy drinking, this combo-animal reflects the fact that there is only so much you can do to make a passable towel animal and that sometimes it is best just to fake it.

It is speculated that thousands of years from now cultural anthropologists still will have no workable explanation for the existence of this particular towel animal. Confusion will reign and rumors will start, leading to the development of "Hidden Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal icons" upon which an obsession will inexplicably emerge. This will be followed by a cottage industry in self published books listing where to find such hidden "Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal" icons. Millions of these books will be sold to unsophisticated readers everywhere.

~NM
    Too funny!

Aerinha

DIS Veteran
    My YC stay was in garden view room 4223. Looking straight down, I saw roof and was going to complain that was not a garden, but looking straight out I had a nice view of the lake and boardwalk. Could also see parts of SAB. Really more partial water than garden IMO. Once those trees grow up it will be ruined though.

image.jpg

spartankid34

DIS Veteran
    My YC stay was in garden view room 4223. Looking straight down, I saw roof and was going to complain that was not a garden, but looking straight out I had a nice view of the lake and boardwalk. Could also see parts of SAB. Really more partial water than garden IMO. Once those trees grow up it will be ruined though.

View attachment 112129
    Bummer, that your garden view room, has so much rooftop, but a plus to have some water view!!

Last edited:
  • spartankid34

DIS Veteran
    Was just reading a thread about the Yacht Club rooms really needing a refurb, and that they are really run down. Can anyone ease my mind about this? I would imagine it's just a few rooms that are run down, but I can't picture a "deluxe" resort having major issues. The original poster was mentioning, marker marks on the wall, peeling brass, and wallpaper???

Ceryssa

DIS Veteran
    Was just reading a thread about the Yacht Club rooms really needing a refurb, and that they are really run down. Can anyone ease my mind about this? I would imagine it's just a few rooms that are run down, but I can't picture a "deluxe" resort having major issues. The original poster was mentioning, marker marks on the wall, peeling brass, and wallpaper???
    We were there in November and our room was perfect. No signs of wear and tear on the carpet or walls or furniture. I wish I could remember which room we were in. But no complaints from us :) So hopefully it's just the odd room here and there.

phyllis1966

Something witty
    We were there in November and our room was perfect. No signs of wear and tear on the carpet or walls or furniture. I wish I could remember which room we were in. But no complaints from us :) So hopefully it's just the odd room here and there.
    And we were there in October and our room was in great condition - no wear and tear that we could see.

:sunny:

spartankid34

DIS Veteran
    And we were there in October and our room was in great condition - no wear and tear that we could see.

:sunny:
    Thank you BOTH! You know how you get a thought in your head when you read something? That thread made my heart skip a beat. LOL

Ceryssa

DIS Veteran
    Yeah it made me worry a little too, even having just been there not long ago. I think it's probably because we know it's due for refurb soon. Sometimes too much information is dangerous :) It's unlikely they'll have finished much by our trip in November, so sadly I won't be able to see what the new rooms look like, although maybe that's a good thing because I really love the look of the rooms now. Looking forward to seeing pictures when someone gets them though!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    SNIP
    We switched to a Poly studio last night and the toilet was MASSIVE!
    Oh my gosh, did anybody fall in while using this giant toilet? I am headed to the Poly in a couple of weeks with Rebecca and Nannette. I think I will wear my water wings just in case, every time I have to use the bathroom.

The three of you could have a tea party in that bathroom! One person can sit on the throne while the other two "ladies in waiting" can sit on the floor or play twister!
    And for the first time, I am "relieved", not disappointed, that I will not be joining you on this part of the adventure.

:lmao:

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Available Through End of 2021

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS