Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
To be honest, I have never been able to keep track of that either.

This is the info I have on Page 1, Post 1:

(if this is not correct, please let me know)

Boat Service:

Water launch is available to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Boardwalk, and the Swan and Dolphin Resorts.

Each boat makes the full circuit.

EPCOT Int Gateway -> Boardwalk Inn -> Yacht & Beach Club (shared dock) -> Swan & Dolphin (shared dock) -> Disney Hollywood Studios

Disney Hollywood Studios-> Swan & Dolphin -> Yacht & Beach Club -> Boardwalk Inn -> EPCOT International Gateway

Pro-tip: If you are taking the boat from the Beach Club/Yacht Club to Hollywood Studios, it may make sense to walk to the International Gateway dock to ensure you get a seat on the boat. Sometimes only a limited number of passengers waiting at the YC dock will be able to get on the boat.

*************************************************************************************************

I don't have anything posted about when the routes start, or how often the boats run (20 minutes) because I don't trust that info.

:boat:
Thanks, Dee!

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
Your info is correct, Dee.

Catching the FriendShip boat at IG will make more sense, though, if staying at the BC, as it's a little shorter walk from there, than walking to dock at YC. Unless it's during a super busy time, such as over Christmas, there should be room available, if boarding at the YC dock.

When TSL opened, the frequency of the boats was increased, so they now generally run 4X per hour, instead of the previous 3X per hour. A boat was added to the route, to accommodate the every 15 minutes schedule.
For those who have been there recently since the construction of the Gondola pad at HS, have you noticed an increase in riders vs. walkers. I understand the pathway is longer now, so if you can also shed some light on how much additional time it takes, that would be appreciated.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
Your info is correct, Dee.

Catching the FriendShip boat at IG will make more sense, though, if staying at the BC, as it's a little shorter walk from there, than walking to dock at YC. Unless it's during a super busy time, such as over Christmas, there should be room available, if boarding at the YC dock.

When TSL opened, the frequency of the boats was increased, so they now generally run 4X per hour, instead of the previous 3X per hour. A boat was added to the route, to accommodate the every 15 minutes schedule.

Thanks!

OK, I added the info about the timing.

I also added the following, but need to put the actual info about strollers. Who can tell me the rules about folding them up or leaving kids in the stroller while on board:

Friendship boats are accessible for guests in wheelchairs and ECVs, but are limited to taking 2 of these per boat.

Do strollers need to be emptied and folded once on board, or does it depend on how crowded the boat is and/or if there are wheelchairs/ECVs on board?

Last edited:

• KIDS FREE DINING Offer This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort!
    Book through February 26, 2020 for arrivals most nights May 25 through August 28, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• areno79

DIS Veteran
    Page 1306-1308

Here are pictures of the interior of BC fridge

Impressive packing job by Beer Me:

I'd say a full size bottle of creamer will fit.

::yes::

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Is your stay at the Yacht & Beach Club resort?

:cool1:

Thank you so much for the detailed review of your stay and the great pictures. I'm so glad to hear you had a fantastic trip!

I'll add your descriptions/pictures to the BC View Thread.

:goodvibes

:welcome: to posting on this forum!

Did your room have a full balcony or one of the smaller ones?

Do you have any pictures of the view from your room that you could either post here or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo?

:thumbsup2

:welcome: to posting here.

Thanks for the feedback about the transportation to HS. It really is a shame that the only current options to get there is by boat, which can be crowded and slow and walking, which can be an exhausting trip in the heat.

::yes::
    Thanks a bunch, Dee!

hdrolfe

DIS Veteran
    Sign me up. Beach Club stay May 19 to 26. I hope we like BC as much as we loved Yacht Club. Hoping to get reservations at Cape May for dinner and Beaches and Cream one day as well. Kiddo thinks we are going to POP again :) surprise!

niccikatie

Mouseketeer
    For those who have been there recently since the construction of the Gondola pad at HS, have you noticed an increase in riders vs. walkers. I understand the pathway is longer now, so if you can also shed some light on how much additional time it takes, that would be appreciated.
    Our last trip was in 2013 but I have to say there were WAAAYYYY more people waiting for the boats at DHS that I remembered in the past. It took us three boats (two filled before us and the we got on the third one - about 25-30 minutes of waiting) to get on when we were there on Saturday. It didn't seem like that many people on the dock when we were leaving YC but returning was CRAZY!

We may have made the second boat, but just after the first boat passed there was a downpour - the people under cover of the boat dock wouldn't move up, so a bunch of us filled the exit side of the dock. Then, the second boat came and a bunch of people that came after us made a big stink that we all "had gotten out of line" and needed to go to the end of the line. We didn't, but re-entered the line at a point that the second boat filled right when we got to it - go figure!

EdnaMarieMode

DIS Veteran
    Thanks!

OK, I added the info about the timing.

I also added the following, but need to put the actual info about strollers. Who can tell me the rules about folding them up or leaving kids in the stroller while on board:

Friendship boats are accessible for guests in wheelchairs and ECVs, but are limited to taking 2 of these per boat.

Strollers must/don't have to be emptied and folded once on board.
    Any time we boarded (visit from 8/17-8/24) we were allowed to keep our stroller open and our 2 yo in it. We were told to place the stroller in the back row, which has signage indicating it’s for wheelchairs.

We were never boarding a boat that had a wheelchair already on or boarding and I’m not sure if that would have changed the directions we were given. More than one wheelchair/ stroller can easily fit on either side (for a total of 4, including plenty of room to maneuver or have additional “guests on wheels” if needed).

The boats were not crowded, which may or may not determine whether or not the stroller had to be folded. We also did not board them right during the park opening rush (more like 8 AM when the park opened at 7 for EMH). I would say it’s really dependent on a few factors, so be prepared to fold the stroller if the boat is full or guests requiring a wheelchair need the space but it’s probably going to be fine to keep it open.

One boat operator pointed out that once you take the kid out, remove the “baggage” and fold the stroller you’re still taking up the same amount of room, only now you’re just taking up more time. I can’t say I disagree!

• jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    Any time we boarded (visit from 8/17-8/24) we were allowed to keep our stroller open and our 2 yo in it. We were told to place the stroller in the back row, which has signage indicating it’s for wheelchairs.

We were never boarding a boat that had a wheelchair already on or boarding and I’m not sure if that would have changed the directions we were given. More than one wheelchair/ stroller can easily fit on either side (for a total of 4, including plenty of room to maneuver or have additional “guests on wheels” if needed).

The boats were not crowded, which may or may not determine whether or not the stroller had to be folded. We also did not board them right during the park opening rush (more like 8 AM when the park opened at 7 for EMH). I would say it’s really dependent on a few factors, so be prepared to fold the stroller if the boat is full or guests requiring a wheelchair need the space but it’s probably going to be fine to keep it open.

One boat operator pointed out that once you take the kid out, remove the “baggage” and fold the stroller you’re still taking up the same amount of room, only now you’re just taking up more time. I can’t say I disagree!
    That makes sense...

Did you notice more on the boats or were there still many folks walking... curious what the construction has done to impact the number of folks taking the boat.

Our trip is right after Thanksgiving, and one of the guests in my party will have an EVC, and a few of the rest of us try to conserve our steps as much as possible, so with the extended walkway, we may chose to boat rather than walk, depending on the crowding issue on the boats.

VAtink

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone know how late the pool stays open these days? Planning on an evening swim the day we arrive (in less than two weeks!!! :yay:).

Thanks!

EdnaMarieMode

DIS Veteran
    That makes sense...

Did you notice more on the boats or were there still many folks walking... curious what the construction has done to impact the number of folks taking the boat.

Our trip is right after Thanksgiving, and one of the guests in my party will have an EVC, and a few of the rest of us try to conserve our steps as much as possible, so with the extended walkway, we may chose to boat rather than walk, depending on the crowding issue on the boats.
    I didn’t notice any guests walking at all but I will be honest, I wasn’t looking (too busy keeping a hawk eye on my 2 yo because he chose the week we were there to demonstrate his ability to slide out of the stroller’s shoulder straps).

We were never on a boat that was crowded. More than once we had the entire boat to ourselves. I’m not sure what the boats looked like for those trying to get there right when HS opened but we took a 7:30/ 8 AM boat (we were at the park by 8:15) and there was plenty of room.

I know many people say they are making the walk and it’s not an issue and so on- that wasn’t the case for us (me, DH, 11 yo, 14 yo, and 2 yo in stroller). We regularly walk all over NYC so it isn’t like we just aren’t used to walking. That 20 minute walk has absolutely no shade and no breeze. Just the walk from the HS exit to the bus pickup area was enough for me to say I’m not making the walk all the way to BC from HS. Maybe in cooler weather or if it’s not so sunny out, it’s not as bad. I didn’t make the walk before the route was shifted so
    I can’t compare the difference.

EdnaMarieMode

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone know how late the pool stays open these days? Planning on an evening swim the day we arrive (in less than two weeks!!! :yay:).

Thanks!
    Posted hours for 8/17-8/24 were until 11 PM. I’m not sure how much they shift the hours from week to week but I’d guess at least 10 PM is a reasonable bet for your stay.

• jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    I didn’t notice any guests walking at all but I will be honest, I wasn’t looking (too busy keeping a hawk eye on my 2 yo because he chose the week we were there to demonstrate his ability to slide out of the stroller’s shoulder straps).

We were never on a boat that was crowded. More than once we had the entire boat to ourselves. I’m not sure what the boats looked like for those trying to get there right when HS opened but we took a 7:30/ 8 AM boat (we were at the park by 8:15) and there was plenty of room.

I know many people say they are making the walk and it’s not an issue and so on- that wasn’t the case for us (me, DH, 11 yo, 14 yo, and 2 yo in stroller). We regularly walk all over NYC so it isn’t like we just aren’t used to walking. That 20 minute walk has absolutely no shade and no breeze. Just the walk from the HS exit to the bus pickup area was enough for me to say I’m not making the walk all the way to BC from HS. Maybe in cooler weather or if it’s not so sunny out, it’s not as bad. I didn’t make the walk before the route was shifted so
    Thank you! That helps a lot!

niccikatie

Mouseketeer

While we were definitely on crowded boats, I'd agree with the rest. Our boat TO the park wasn't crowded even when we were trying to get there at park opening, but the boats back from DHS were crowded.

It was just SO hot that we didn't want to waste our park energy on making the walk. I did watch to see how many people were making the walk and there were a few hardy folks walking but not many.

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    While we were definitely on crowded boats, I'd agree with the rest. Our boat TO the park wasn't crowded even when we were trying to get there at park opening, but the boats back from DHS were crowded.

It was just SO hot that we didn't want to waste our park energy on making the walk. I did watch to see how many people were making the walk and there were a few hardy folks walking but not many.
    Yeah, and that's when our feet and legs complain the loudest. Standing and waiting or walking is equally painful!

niccikatie

Mouseketeer
    Yeah, and that's when our feet and legs complain the loudest. Standing and waiting or walking is equally painful!
    Oh my goodness yes! I said that to DH and DD many times on the trip - moving often felt better than the STANDING and WAITING at the end of our park days!

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    When my back hurts, standing and waiting is much worse than walking.

If I were impatient (which those who know me would say is 99.99% of the time), I probably would Uber/Lyft to Hollywood Studios. Whether I would do it to get back to the hotel would depend on the location of the Uber/Lyft pick up and drop off point at Hollywood Studios on that day.

People are commenting on the DHS boat issue over on the Boardwalk thread, so people here might want to check out that thread as well.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-boardwalk-inn-and-villas-information-and-questions-thread.3344344/

EdnaMarieMode

DIS Veteran

Definitely more crowded on the return trip, and that’s always been the case for us even with the busses. I’m with you- I’d rather deal with waiting for a boat and squishing in than walk back even in that case.

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    The real killer for me is waiting for Fireworks shows... Between arthritic knees and back, it's pretty bad. I've often wondered about those canes you can get with a little fold down seat. Not for long time use, but might be better than living on ibuprofen and Tylenol but a pain to carry around all day....:tilt:

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    The real killer for me is waiting for Fireworks shows... Between arthritic knees and back, it's pretty bad. I've often wondered about those canes you can get with a little fold down seat. Not for long time use, but might be better than living on ibuprofen and Tylenol but a pain to carry around all day....:tilt:
    Hey, I was wondering about those canes with fold down seats, too! Someone gave me one as a gag gift before I had a bad back. Now I wonder if I could take it to Disney World as long as I don't try to take it on a ride.

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    Hey, I was wondering about those canes with fold down seats, too! Someone gave me one as a gag gift before I had a bad back. Now I wonder if I could take it to Disney World as long as I don't try to take it on a ride.
    Yeah, i think it would be pretty tough to get on a ride... I think they take/store all canes after people get on, so this probably wouldn't be any different.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS