Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

• KIDS FREE DINING Offer This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort!
    Book through February 26, 2020 for arrivals most nights May 25 through August 28, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Does anyone here have a club level stay at the Yacht or Beach Club in September? If so, would you be willing to email Disney Signature Services to request a September activities calendar? If you send it to me by private message or email beachclubdee at yahoo, I'll post it here.

:thanks:

KerryCM

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone here have a club level stay at the Yacht or Beach Club in September? If so, would you be willing to email Disney Signature Services to request a September activities calendar? If you send it to me by private message or email beachclubdee at yahoo, I'll post it here.

:thanks:
    I have one, but not until the end of September. I just emailed them for one!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1300-1302

Thank you.

We have just booked up. We are staying at the contemporary in a theme park room over Christmas then moving to the beach club. We went for a garden/ woods view instead of standard. Any advice on what requests to put in? Should I just ask for a room facing the lake side of the resort? I’m not sure a full balcony will Be that big a deal for us over New Year.

It feels like forever (2014) since we stayed at yacht club, we loved it and hoping we like the beach club just as much.

Just to say as well you do such a great job on this thread. It’s one of the most helpful ones I’ve come across.
    Thanks so much for the kind words!

The 3 main garden/woods view areas are:

Back entrance (lakeside) courtyard (close to lobby/elevators, great people watching)

Volleyball courtyard (wing between lobby/secret entrance) (close to quiet pool, convenient to EPCOT/lobby, possible sideways water view)

Woods View-Near Secret Entrance (most likely view of greenery, VERY close to EPCOT)

The request for a lakeside view is a good one, especially if you prefer a courtyard rather than foliage for a view.

:goodvibes

Does Stormalong Bay really live up to the hype as an adult? I am staying there for the first time since I was 10 (I am now 34!) with my husband for our first anniversary. We want this trip to be slightly more relaxing than others so I have some open time planned for a few of our days so we can hang by the pool. Has anyone gone as adults only and enjoyed the pool?

Also - does anyone have experience with the blow outs at the spa? My anniversary is 9/23 so was thinking ti might be nice to get a blow out that day. We have dinner planned at California Grill, and I am actually trying DESPERATELY to find a brunch opening (with no luck yet!), so I thought it might be a nice day to avoid my humidity frizzed hair!
    :welcome:

I'll add your September trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I have a few reviews of the salon/spa on Page 1, Post 5, but I don't know if I specifically have one for blow outs. I think the general consensus is that the services at the salon are very good, but pricey.

If you go, please provide us with your feedback.

:thumbsup2

I'm going to look on Touring Plans, but does anyone have recommendations on a water view room request at YC? I would like a balcony and to be looking at the Lagoon, not the pool, if possible.
    There are just a handful of rooms at the YC which do not have full balconies, so you should be all set there. If you don't have any other priority requests (location, daybed, king bed) then perhaps "Lagoon view, please" would be the simplest way to get what you are looking for.

In the Resorts Community subforum, there is a YC Room View thread that gives a sample of room views provided by past guests.

::yes::

I was just able to add Dec. 4th to my BCV studio. Now staying Dec. 4-8. The DVC member I rented points from was kind enough to wait list the 4th and 5th for me and they both came through!
    I am a happy, happy girl right now. ::yes::
    That's great! I'll adjust your listing.

:woohoo:

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
    Thoughts are with our friend Teena, former greeter at the Beach Club, and her family today- hard to believe that her husband Bob passed away 3 years ago today. Sorry for not providing more updates here- Teena continues to keep busy with her daughter Jeanne and granddaughter Lily in Las Vegas. She has a very successful classroom grading business and tries to get back to her beloved Florida or cruising on the Disney Fantasy as often as she is able to.

Here's a picture Jeanne posted last night that made me smile, and another happy family photo from a European cruise in 2015.

View attachment 347267

View attachment 347268
    Wish there was a LOVE button... so happy to hear Teena is doing well in Las Vegas, and Lily is SOOOOO BIG!!! Thoughts and hugs are heading their way on this day. :grouphug:

• jenjersnap

yadda yadda yadda
    When you go to the ‘request room’ page on your trip that you’ve created in TP, just pick any room that looks good. Then when it goes back to your trip dashboard, the ‘request room’ will now be ‘configure fax’ instead. In the sections where TP has described your room request (two boxes) delete what they’ve written and type in your own words to describe what you want, in this case ‘king bed please’ or something to that effect. Keep it simple to avoid confusion. Fill in the rest of the necessary information and press save. They’ll fax that request about 5-7 day’s before checkin.

We always call in a request for a king bed and do the TP fax, and if it’s CL we get DSS to make a note too. As long as you request the same thing with each place, it can’t hurt to make sure they know what your preferences are.
    Thank you so much for this info. I hadn’t made a TP fax because I also just want a king bed, but I followed your directions for a more general request. This is our 20th anniversary and only the second time we have spent any time away from our kids so, well, we hope we have a little luck in this department.

Amanda999

DIS Veteran
    BC Marketplace: Halloween refillable mugs are gone, but more are on order. No ETA.

Other BC marketplace news: as of today no straws, and no lids for cold drink cups. (The refillable plastic mug does still come with the same top/lid as always (which has a straw hole...).) this is disney-wide, but not happening everywhere at once.

Plan accordingly if you (like I) have a special needs family member who needs a straw to drink.

VAtink

DIS Veteran
    So I may be imagining things, but I thought I saw earlier this week a phone number on the first page of this thread to call in room requests for the BC...which now I cannot seem to find. Can someone point me in direction of where I could find that number, or better just list the number?

Thank you!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    So I may be imagining things, but I thought I saw earlier this week a phone number on the first page of this thread to call in room requests for the BC...which now I cannot seem to find. Can someone point me in direction of where I could find that number, or better just list the number?

Thank you!
    There is the regular reservations phone number: (407) 939-1936

The number for the Beach Club, which you can find in Post 8 on Page 1 is (407) 934-8000

There have been mixed opinions about whether this number gets you to the Beach Club or to a central phone bank.

::yes::

• shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Thank you!
    As Dee noted, you can phone in your room requests (if checking in within nine days) to:
    (407) 934-8000

They will ask for your name, resort, and check-in date (no need for confirmation number). Unlike the central reservations number, this contact will take your room requests, even if you booked through a TA or third party. You will speak with a CM who handles requests/questions for a few specific Disney resorts.

If you want to add room requests for a stay further out than nine days, and you booked directly thru Disney, you can call central reservations, at:

(407) 939-5277

The room assigners normally work on assigning guest rooms between three to five days prior to check-in date.

HollVoll

Mouseketeer
    Plan accordingly if you (like I) have a special needs family member who needs a straw to drink.
    Thank you. We arrive Thursday. I have packed straws, but DARN I hate throwing in one more thing. :hmghost: Have mercy! Half of our luggage is already medical supplies. No, I'm thankful to be going and will focus there.

Sunshine11

Mouseketeer
    As Dee noted, you can phone in your room requests (if checking in within nine days) to:
    (407) 934-8000

They will ask for your name, resort, and check-in date (no need for confirmation number). Unlike the central reservations number, this contact will take your room requests, even if you booked through a TA or third party. You will speak with a CM who handles requests/questions for a few specific Disney resorts.

If you want to add room requests for a stay further out than nine days, and you booked directly thru Disney, you can call central reservations, at:

(407) 939-5277

The room assigners normally work on assigning guest rooms between three to five days prior to check-in date.
    Would this phone number work for the Yacht Club too or not? Thanks.

Dave006

DIS Veteran
    Would this phone number work for the Yacht Club too or not? Thanks.
    No the YC is (407) 934-8000. The resorts are grouped in blocks and the YC and BC are in different groups.

Note: this number is only to be used when you are within 9 days of a stay and not for example 6 months before you arrive at Disney.

ETA: note

Dave

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1303-1305

Are there any pool floatie restrictions at SAB or at the water parks? I have a special needs kiddo with some unique floaties but want to be sure they’re allowed before I pack them.
    I want to be clear that I do not know Disney’s official policy on the matter and I’m sure some of what’s allowed is at the discretion of the life guard so YMMV.

This past week I noticed pool noodles, “puddle jumpers” (life vests with sleeves attached), life vests in addition to the ones Disney supplies, and floats for an infant (like a round floatie but with leg holes and a sun shade- I may not be describing this well) were allowed in SAB (in the swimming areas, I did not notice what went on in the lazy river section).

If your son needs any special floatie it can’t hurt to call and confirm (and jot down the name of who you speak with and when) just to be safe.
    This is good info ^^^

When I last asked a lifeguard, several years ago, this was the answer I received:

"Outside floats are not permitted for adults in SAB. Pool noodles, either from home or purchased at the Beach Club Marketplace for around $4* each, may be used in SAB. Young children may use floats that surround their body if an adult is within arm's reach. These rules are subject to change and may be affected by crowd conditions.

Child and adult life jackets are permitted in the pool and are available at no charge poolside at SAB. If SAB runs out of adult life jackets or doesn't have them for some reason, the marina can provide life jackets for use at SAB at no charge.

Single and Double tubes for the lazy river and pool are now available in the water up for grabs without a rental fee."

*now $5

It is possible that other unique floaties would be allowed or exceptions would be made, but I'm not sure how to get an answer you can trust prior to being there, because I suspect, that the answer may vary from lifeguard to lifeguard on duty.

:fish:

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

Thank you so much for the Beach Club Villa pathway pictures!

:goodvibes

Hi. Just returned from an amazing first stay at the YC. It was me and my daughter and we stayed 6 nights in a standard view room. We had room 3114 - a corner room and it was breathtaking! 2 windows, a full balcony, the bathroom had glass shower doors and a sliding barn door to allow for privacy in the sink area. Lots of storage - closet and dresser. The only (small) drawback was no daybed. But since it was just the two of us, we each had our own bed and didn't miss the day bed.

We have stayed at BC three times, Polynesian three times, GF, WL and AKL many times - the Yacht Club is hands down our favorite of them all! The energy of the resort is calm and relaxing. The lobby scent is amazing! The rooms are beautiful. I can't wait to stay there again. I'll try to post some room photos shortly.
    :welcome:

So glad to hear you loved your stay at the Yacht Club!

Thank you so much for the pictures and review of your room. I don't think I have any of the side chair and ottoman, so I appreciate you sharing this with us.

Any chance you have a picture of the view from your balcony?

At BC. Been up since about 5am listening to painting contractors (I face the valet, 4th floor (of five - 2 rooms below me and club room above)). (While actual painting is quiet, the trucks aren’t - they are painting the high wood structures above the valet parking area, so trucks that extend up to lift the workers are moved into place and extended. And something that sounds like a generator runs at times. And the frequent truck back up beeping noise.)

The note in the room says painting “will be taking place” 9am-5pm. I was banking on being able to sleep until at least 7am when we couldn’t nap yesterday due to many hours of even louder construction related noise.

I understand they want to make it look nice for future guests. But there is plenty of room around their work area for a vehicle (even a fire truck) to drive through. (We often look down there during the day - it’s not so busy that just one lane would cause problems imo). They didn’t have to do this before 7am. Or they could have left a note warning us of it, so I would have change the night I stayed out late to see fireworks.
    That really sucks!!!

I hope you had an opportunity to talk to resort management about the noisy disruption during your stay.

:headache:

WhoHoo! We arrive Saturday!
    It's here!

Have a fantastic trip!

:cool2:

We arrive Sunday, I CAN'T WAIT
    Literally! It's your middle name.

Wishing you a magical trip.

:cool1:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    No the YC is (407) 934-8000. The resorts are grouped in blocks and the YC and BC are in different groups.

Note: this number is only to be used when you are within 9 days of a stay and not for example 6 months before you arrive at Disney.

ETA: note

Dave
    Thanks for the reminder! I'll add that to the posts where I have the numbers.

Madame

DIS Veteran
    You know you made the right choice adding BCV as a home resort, when you are staying at the gorgeous BRV and trek over to eat at B&C 2x & 1x to sample the new ice cream place on the BW :o

Only 6.5 months til our BCV stay

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS