Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Busymom1015

Earning My Ears
As much as I hate the cold I do hate the heat! But I am enjoying it while it’s here because I am dreading winter! Cleaning and then headed into the pool...with out kids! Or a dog!

I am shoreline so it tends to be a bit breezier, granted I am 5 or so miles up from LI sound.
I agree! I live in CT too! I will take the heat over Winter!!!

EdnaMarieMode

DIS Veteran
Quick question! Having a few pics done of hubby & me during our short pre-cruise BC stay in a couple weeks. I’m sure the lady we have knows great spots to get some good shots. But juuuust in case I’d like to have a few suggestions myself. When we arrive hubby and I can go scout, too. Why not also ask the folks who know the resort best? If you were going to take some pics in or around BC or YC, what locations come to mind? Inside is a plus. As redheads when we get hot outside we turn...well...red. LOL!
As a BC guest AND a Photographer, these are my recommendations (when I get home I can try to upload photos of some of these areas):

Indoors:
Solarium- lots of light, windows look out into a courtyard (courtyard does have some construction/ painting going on or it did last week but this is easy to work around because you'll be indoors)
Breezeway off of the BCV "lobby"- great light, really pretty for a background
Main lobby of BC/ YC- can be busy but plenty of tables/ chairs/ stairways to work with
The hallway around Cape May Buffet- the umbrellas are so cute and colorful and the hallway itself is well-lit with large windows and curtains/ decor that aren't cluttered and obnoxious.

Outdoors:
Lighthouse at the boat stop (no shade though)
Beaches and Cream- outside, under cover (so, in the shade) are a table and chairs that look like an ice cream cone. Very cute for photos (especially if you feel like splitting a shake/ sundae from the walkup counter for a cute photo op)
Bridges that go to the bus stop- SO much to work with here (and also covered for shade). If you could only have photos in one place on the property, this would be my choice.
Front entrance to BC- there's an old Chevrolet, and plenty of benches/ space to work with (all also covered)
On the beach, with the Boardwalk as the background, and there's also a bench swing
Many of the courtyards have very pretty landscaping, and right outside the main lobby as you're headed to the boat stop (or pool or beach) are some beautiful flowers.

• KIDS FREE DINING Offer This Summer at Walt Disney World Resort!
    Book through February 26, 2020 for arrivals most nights May 25 through August 28, 2020.
    Click Here for Details

• shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Quick question! Having a few pics done of hubby & me during our short pre-cruise BC stay in a couple weeks. I’m sure the lady we have knows great spots to get some good shots. But juuuust in case I’d like to have a few suggestions myself. When we arrive hubby and I can go scout, too. Why not also ask the folks who know the resort best? If you were going to take some pics in or around BC or YC, what locations come to mind? Inside is a plus. As redheads when we get hot outside we turn...well...red. LOL!
    As a BC guest AND a Photographer, these are my recommendations (when I get home I can try to upload photos of some of these areas):

Indoors:
    Solarium- lots of light, windows look out into a courtyard (courtyard does have some construction/ painting going on or it did last week but this is easy to work around because you'll be indoors)
    Main lobby of BC/ YC- can be busy but plenty of tables/ chairs/ stairways to work with
    The hallway around Cape May Buffet- the umbrellas are so cute and colorful and the hallway itself is well-lit with large windows and curtains/ decor that aren't cluttered and obnoxious.

Outdoors:
    Beaches and Cream- outside, under cover (so, in the shade) are a table and chairs that look like an ice cream cone. Very cute for photos (especially if you feel like splitting a shake/ sundae from the walkup counter for a cute photo op)
    Bridges that go to the bus stop- SO much to work with here (and also covered for shade). If you could only have photos in one place on the property, this would be my choice.
    Front entrance to BC- there's an old Chevrolet, and plenty of benches/ space to work with (all also covered)
    On the beach, with the Boardwalk as the background, and there's also a bench swing
    Many of the courtyards have very pretty landscaping, and right outside the main lobby as you're headed to the boat stop (or pool or beach) are some beautiful flowers
    These are great and thoughtful suggestions.

I'll throw a couple additional locations into the mix.

Nighttime in the area is so beautiful, with a brightly-lit Boardwalk in the background. Some really good nighttime photo ops are from the FriendShip boats, as they cruise between the Swan/Dolphin to the YC/BC and from the YC/BC to BWI. This is the image I have in mind:

upload_2018-8-30_13-13-41.jpeg

I also really love the sunsets, as viewed from the small covered lookout area at the Boardwalk, that is just over the bridge from the walkway between the BC and Epcot. With a clear sky and good visibility, the sunsets can be stunning.

EdnaMarieMode

DIS Veteran

Nighttime in the area is so beautiful, with a brightly-lit Boardwalk in the background. Some really good nighttime photo ops are from the FriendShip boats, as they cruise between the Swan/Dolphin to the YC/BC and from the YC/BC to BWI. This is the image I have in mind:

View attachment 347128

I also really love the sunsets, as viewed from the small covered lookout area at the Boardwalk, that is just over the bridge from the walkway between the BC and Epcot. With a clear sky and good visibility, the sunsets can be stunning.
    I assumed these were only daytime photos, and I should know better!

These are great choices as well! Even in the daytime they are very pretty!! Nighttime eliminates some of my suggestions (the security lighting is NOT flattering :scared1:) but gives way to some other really beautiful shots.

• sweetpee_1993

DIS Veteran

Indoors:

Outdoors:
    Many of the courtyards have very pretty landscaping, and right outside the main lobby as you're headed to the boat stop (or pool or beach) are some beautiful flowers.
    These are all fabulous. I’m loving the footbridge idea. That seems like it could be awesome!

View attachment 347128

I assumed these were only daytime photos, and I should know better!

These are great choices as well! Even in the daytime they are very pretty!! Nighttime eliminates some of my suggestions (the security lighting is NOT flattering :scared1:) but gives way to some other really beautiful shots.
    No, we won’t get the benefit of sunset or nighttime. I was kinda hoping for the early golden hour but the scheduling didn’t allow for it. Our time frame isn’t roughly 11:00 to noon. But, I may make it a point to get out there for some of these sunset & nighttime pics myself. Maybe a friendly passerby will take a few snaps for me.

Thanks to both of you. Truly appreciated. The trip is for our 25th anniversary. We didn’t have a big wedding with pictures and all that so having these things now really means something. <3

areno79

DIS Veteran
    I don't remember if anyone has asked this recently. Do the rooms in BC have microwaves? Also...how big are the fridges? I'm wondering if a full size bottle of creamer will fit. TIA!

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    The BC rooms do not have microwaves. There may, or may not, be one available by request at checkin. The BC Marketplace has microwaves for guest use.
    The refrigerator is a dorm size undercounter. I don’t know the size of the coffee creamer to say if it will fit standing up or not

Chelley00

DIS Veteran
    Can anyone tell me when we might see a September recreation schedule? It’s just DD13 and we have a couple of days plann d to hang around the resort and wanted to have an idea if there might be something he would be interested in doing.

• Amanda999

DIS Veteran
    FYI only 5 Halloween refillable mugs left at BC Marketplace. (As of a few minutes ago.) they said they ordered more but don’t know when they will arrive.

sweetyk83

Mouseketeer
    FYI only 5 Halloween refillable mugs left at BC Marketplace. (As of a few minutes ago.) they said they ordered more but don’t know when they will arrive.
    Oh no! Hopefully they get more soon! (Like by the 5th when we check in! Lol)

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    The wedding gazebo at the Yacht Club is another idea for a photo spot.

Wedding Gazebo.jpg

:goodvibes

monorailsilver

DIS Veteran
    I moved to FL from Mass over 20 years ago for work, before getting married and settling here. I recall how great it was to escape the long winter for a vacation to WDW, but let me you how old 10 months of summer gets after a while!
    I bet! I would miss the seasons for sure. But I do hate bitter cold and what comes what it: hair straight and flying away, dry hands, lack of snow with the bitter cold (if it’s cold, snow...but then bitter cold snow is not good snowmaking snow...), ice from some storm that just won’t melt on a roof or driveway, etc... Plus with every storm these days we all wonder “the tree blew, are we going to lose power?” There are so many old, tall and dead trees where I live that yes, just a windy day can mean lights flickering or even worse..no lights at all.

I would be happy with summer, fall, spring and 30 ish degree winter days with snow.

Dave006

DIS Veteran
    The wedding gazebo at the Yacht Club is another idea for a photo spot.

:goodvibes
    You can also consider taking the short walk around to the much larger Boardwalk wedding gazebo. It is kept very clean due to the number of wedding's that are scheduled. It is available as long as nothing is already setup. The backdrop is the BC / YC across Crescent lake.

Dave

OneinThree

DIS Veteran
    Plus with every storm these days we all wonder “the tree blew, are we going to lose power?” There are so many old, tall and dead trees where I live that yes, just a windy day can mean lights flickering or even worse..no lights at all.
    Well, I can tell you that over the past three or four years, we've averaged 2-3 days per year without power due to hurricanes/tropical storms, lol. The cold there never bothered me then (in my early 20's when I left), but it might be a different story these days. Maybe I'll be able to retire and become one of those snowbirds. :thumbsup2

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Thoughts are with our friend Teena, former greeter at the Beach Club, and her family today- hard to believe that her husband Bob passed away 3 years ago today. Sorry for not providing more updates here- Teena continues to keep busy with her daughter Jeanne and granddaughter Lily in Las Vegas. She has a very successful classroom grading business and tries to get back to her beloved Florida or cruising on the Disney Fantasy as often as she is able to.

Here's a picture Jeanne posted last night that made me smile, and another happy family photo from a European cruise in 2015.

Bigger Chair.jpg

European Cruise.jpg

Last edited:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS