Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
Garden Grocer.... Ok I'll check them out. Thank you
Also check out Turner Drugs. They deliver drug store stuff to front desk. They also sell drinks. You could call and find out if they deliver drinks to front desk or convention center, if you aren't ordering enough for Garden Grocer to make sense. they do have a website but I'm not good at doing links from my iPad.

ocalla

DIS Veteran
View attachment 112051

In honor of the end of towel animals, I thought I would post one I got on my last YC stay and see if anyone here can tell me what on earth it is supposed to be...
Ummm, last year I nearly spit my coffee out on that pic!!! Well, I just made a fresh cup, sat down to my afternoon Dis fix. and what pops up??? that darn "we won't call it what we really want to" towel animal LOLOLOLOL!!!!

• Ninja Mom

Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...
    View attachment 112051

In honor of the end of towel animals, I thought I would post one I got on my last YC stay and see if anyone here can tell me what on earth it is supposed to be...
    THIS is the elusive Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal!!!

Rumored to have been developed by Imagineers after a night of heavy drinking, this combo-animal reflects the fact that there is only so much you can do to make a passable towel animal and that sometimes it is best just to fake it.

It is speculated that thousands of years from now cultural anthropologists still will have no workable explanation for the existence of this particular towel animal. Confusion will reign and rumors will start, leading to the development of "Hidden Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal icons" upon which an obsession will inexplicably emerge. This will be followed by a cottage industry in self published books listing where to find such hidden "Platypus/Elephant/Sting Ray towel animal" icons. Millions of these books will be sold to unsophisticated readers everywhere.

~NM

Disneychick75

DIS Veteran
    Never heard of them. DVC people often use either Garden Grocer or We Go Shop.
    We used Wegoshop in April. Called about the diapers, water, etc. "Nothing here under your name.". After several tries, I went to check myself. The baggage person asked me my name and checked. Sure enough, our packages were on the shelf. Apparently, from what the baggage person told me, wegoshop has a habit of not checking in the order but that our order had arrived on time. Took me 3 days to get our stuff. I thought maybe the system was better organized. Don't know if it really was wegoshop or BLT luggage services. It's clear that the BLT people did not check by name because the woman walked in and found the order in just a couple of minutes.
    Just giving a heads up in case anyone doesn't get their grocery order from any delivery service. Go down to bell services and ask them to check the shelves.

Ceryssa

DIS Veteran
    Has anyone else noticed that at the YC for 2016 bookings Lagoon View and Standard view seem to be unavailable? I wondered if it was just the week I was looking at but once I started checking random dates it seemed all that was available was Garden View?
    I did notice that. I had the same issue this year though. No Water or Standard view rooms available for my dates at all, just Garden View. I was just happy to find anything, but I did notice the lack of availability and it seems to be continuing into next year, but I wonder how much rooms being taken out of inventory for refurbishment impacts that. I guess it depends on when you're looking at.

Garden Grocer.... Ok I'll check them out. Thank you
    We used Garden Grocer last year. I really liked them because they deliver alcohol as well as grocery items (cause I have my priorities straight ;) )

• catho72

DIS Veteran
    Hello all!

Sorry my live reports stopped mid-week. It's really hard to keep up with them. We are home now...our wonderful trip is over. Beach Club is still our favorite resort.

We stayed in Room 5674 at BC and overlooked the front entrance. The room had no views of Spaceship Earth or Wishes. Our room had a daybed (which is all I cared about) and a full balcony. We all loved the expanded CL lounge! The lounge servers were fantastic - some more than others. Maija was our favorite! We also spoke with Chef Chris at length. He was super friendly and fun to talk to. And it was such a surprise to run into izzylovesmickey in the lounge! It was great chatting with you! :goodvibes

We switched to a Poly studio last night and we all missed BC and SAB! The Poly pool isn't the same. There are a TON of little (7 and younger) kids at the pool. And with the small size of the pool (compared to SAB) it looked like the Atlantic Ocean after the Titanic hit the iceberg. Bobbing heads were everywhere! And it was an overcast day....can't imagine how crowded it would be if it were super hot and sunny! Our room was nice but kind of cramped in the living space. The bathrooms took up about 1/3 of the room. The bathroom with the toilet was MASSIVE! It was pretty convenient to hop on the monorail to MK then back to the Poly beach for Wishes. How better to end our trip than with Wishes? With a Dole Whip! The Dole Whip stand is open until Midnight....perfect for those snack credits that expired at Midnight! :)

I just downloaded 794 pictures from my phone to my computer. Who's ready to see pictures? :magnify:

Sue M

DIS Veteran
    Hello all!

Sorry my live reports stopped mid-week. It's really hard to keep up with them. We are home now...our wonderful trip is over. Beach Club is still our favorite resort.

We stayed in Room 5674 at BC and overlooked the front entrance. The room had no views of Spaceship Earth or Wishes. Our room had a daybed (which is all I cared about) and a full balcony. We all loved the expanded CL lounge! The lounge servers were fantastic - some more than others. Maija was our favorite! We also spoke with Chef Chris at length. He was super friendly and fun to talk to. And it was such a surprise to run into izzylovesmickey in the lounge! It was great chatting with you! :goodvibes

We switched to a Poly studio last night and we all missed BC and SAB! The Poly pool isn't the same. There are a TON of little (7 and younger) kids at the pool. And with the small size of the pool (compared to SAB) it looked like the Atlantic Ocean after the Titanic hit the iceberg. Bobbing heads were everywhere! And it was an overcast day....can't imagine how crowded it would be if it were super hot and sunny! Our room was nice but kind of cramped in the living space. The bathrooms took up about 1/3 of the room. The bathroom with the toilet was MASSIVE! It was pretty convenient to hop on the monorail to MK then back to the Poly beach for Wishes. How better to end our trip than with Wishes? With a Dole Whip! The Dole Whip stand is open until Midnight....perfect for those snack credits that expired at Midnight! :)

I just downloaded 794 pictures from my phone to my computer. Who's ready to see pictures? :magnify:
    Hmmm, I had hope with the new kids area opened that would draw them over. It looks super cute!

• ocalla

DIS Veteran
    Love Your Pics!!!!!! The CL offerings look amazing!! Did you happen to try the quinoa fruit salad? And those desserts :love:

catho72

DIS Veteran
    Miscellaneous resort photos

That crane is for the third Soarin' theater.

Our room is the one in the upper right hand corner before the hallway turns.

Walking back from Epcot right before IllumiNations. Sorry it's so blurry.

Our favorite greeter!

I ADORE this shower curtain. I want one for my bathroom at home!

Cute towel shape for our bathmat. I was surprised to get one since I had heard Mousekeeping was no longer allowed to make fancy shapes.

trimad22

Earning My Ears
    What amazing pictures!! I am going to start at the bottom and scroll back :) It's a super long post.
    My family and I hope to be going here June 2016. The DS company I sell for just told us that we can earn an all expenses paid trip and this is where we would be staying so I am soaking up ALL the info I can!

Back to ready -- thank you so much the resort looks AMAZING!!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS