Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

areno79

DIS Veteran
There are floats available for guests, and I believe there are the only one you can use, for safety reasons. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Note that their floats are all transparent, so that the life guards can see through to the bottom.
I have only ever seen those transparent floats and pool noodles and I assumed it was for the same reason that you cited.
Thanks for the feedback. Are the floats/noodles available for rent, or are they free?

gillep

DIS Veteran
Thanks for the feedback. Are the floats/noodles available for rent, or are they free?
The floats are available for free. I believe that they sell pool noodles in the shop at the BC, or at least they used to. I also know that some people have them sent from Amazon or bring their own. I just use the transparent tube floats that the resort provides.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
The floats are available for free. I believe that they sell pool noodles in the shop at the BC, or at least they used to. I also know that some people have them sent from Amazon or bring their own. I just use the transparent tube floats that the resort provides.
Yes, the floats are now free of charge for guests to use. There used to be a rental fee but that was discontinued several years ago. In my experience, I have always been able to find a float when I wanted one.

Pool noodles are permitted in the pool and are sold at the BC Marketplace (and maybe YC, too, not sure) BUT they are like $5 each!!! Ouch!

:fish:

• titansgal

Mouseketeer
    I am so excited! I booked our upcoming October stay last summer for Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have been trying since March to get the reservation changed due to the pool refurbishment there. I finally found a room today for our stay....and it's at Yacht Club!!!! We have never stayed at Yacht Club, but stayed at Beach Club for a long weekend in December of 2016. We loved the resort and amenities. So happy to get to stay at Yacht club in 46 days!

Busymom1015

Earning My Ears
    I am so excited! I booked our upcoming October stay last summer for Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have been trying since March to get the reservation changed due to the pool refurbishment there. I finally found a room today for our stay....and it's at Yacht Club!!!! We have never stayed at Yacht Club, but stayed at Beach Club for a long weekend in December of 2016. We loved the resort and amenities. So happy to get to stay at Yacht club in 46 days!
    We arrive in 47 days at YC!!! See you there!

bookbunny

I LOVE POP CENTURY!!!
    :welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

The Beach Club rooms do NOT have Keurig machines. They have Cuisinart coffee makers that take special sealed pods. (Yacht Club had Keurig, BCV has drip machines. The recent picture that was posted with the Kcups was a YC room)

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) at the BEACH CLUB now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

Yes, as others have indicated, you are able to get to the bakery in France when EPCOT opens (at 9 am or earlier for Extra Magic Hours, I believe)

Also, since only 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies, if this is important, you should make it your primary (or only) request. There are very few king bed rooms, but you can certainly request one. I believe one of our frequent posters here has said that the king bed rooms she has stayed in have all had the smaller balconies. You could word your request:

"Full balcony, please. King bed if possible"

"Room with king bed, please. Full balcony if possible. "

:goodvibes
    Thank you for letting me know about the coffee maker. I'm surprised that BC doesn't have a K-Cup machine since they seem to be in most of the hotels. But at least that helped.

Momoftwins+1

Mouseketeer
    B
    Thank you for letting me know about the coffee maker. I'm surprised that BC doesn't have a K-Cup machine since they seem to be in most of the hotels. But at least that helped.
    BC CL standard room had a Keurig in June. I have a picture but it wont let me upload it currently.

• Tink03477

I love my little Disney Bear!
    Page 1295

:welcome:

Congrats to your son and his girlfriend!

(407) 934-7000

I have heard mixed reports about whether this number actually goes to the resort or just a call center. I have been told by people who work at the resort that this is the best number to call if you have a special situation. Best to do this around 7-10 days before your trip.

Which is when?

We did have that number and tried it, but it did go to Central Reservations. They are going on Sept 2-8 and you have them on the Be Our Guest list already. Thank you so much for your help and congrats to my son and his girlfriend.

DisneyDad in PA

Beach Club Fan!!
    Coming back to WDW in September, staying at Boardwalk, but able to do a quick trip in December and staying at Yacht Club December 6-11

OurLaughingPlace

Canadian Mouseketeer
    Are you officially booked (Bounceback?)

Returned home -now doing laundry and unpacking- ugh!
    Yes, we are officially booked with a bounceback and Free dining upgrade to regular plan as we bouncebacked to PORS. That is official. I'm waiting to see if there are any special offers coming out for a Beach Club stay to add on at the end of our bounceback. We love to finish our vacation at the BC as it's so relaxing. This trip we tried out the quiet pool for the first time and loved it! Way less busy than SAB (but we still loved SAB, they're just very different). As soon as we book for BC I will post here to get on the Be Our Guest list. I'm thinking it will be August 16-19 probably.

• titansgal

Mouseketeer
    Can anyone tell me the hours of the Friendship boats to Epcot and Hollywood Studios? Trying to plan my mornings! When we stayed at BC last time we just walked to both parks, but it looks like that will take much longer now from YC with the new path.

patster734

DIS Veteran
    Please add me to the Be Our Guest list for Monday, September 10, at Yacht Club Standard View.

We’re staying off property that week, but obtained an AP rate of $240 for one night at YC. So we’ll Lyft over Monday morning to YC and check-in. Afterwards, we’ll visit Epcot for F&W on Monday, and probably DHS for Toy Story Land on Tuesday. Then Lyft back to our off property location Tuesday night.
    Please remove me from the Be Our Guest list. We decided to expand our onsite stay from one night to three, but the only YC room available for all three nights was a Club level. So we’ve switched to BW because they had a Standard room available for a good price. YC is one of my favorite resorts, and I’m bummed that I’m not staying there, but BW is a good consolation prize.

busymomma123

DIS Veteran
    We are going on a cruise in October and have an early flight (arriving at 8:15) coming into Orlando the day before we embark. We would like to spend the day at a WDW and enjoy the day at a resort or DS. We have never stayed at BC. Originally we talked about doing a water park, but that seems like a bit much for our family. That's why we were thinking of staying our one night at BC. How is the pool? Are you able to see any of Epcot's fireworks from the hotel?

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    We are going on a cruise in October and have an early flight (arriving at 8:15) coming into Orlando the day before we embark. We would like to spend the day at a WDW and enjoy the day at a resort or DS. We have never stayed at BC. Originally we talked about doing a water park, but that seems like a bit much for our family. That's why we were thinking of staying our one night at BC. How is the pool? Are you able to see any of Epcot's fireworks from the hotel?
    Storm Along Bay is a great pool and a good place for a pool day. You can't go wrong with staying at BC or YC. :)

You can see fireworks from Illuminations from many places around the resort. If you stand on the bridge between the BC and the Boardwalk you'll get both a good fireworks view and will be able to hear the music perfectly. The bridge is really close to Epcot.

You can also see the high fireworks from DHS from several places, too.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Can anyone tell me the hours of the Friendship boats to Epcot and Hollywood Studios? Trying to plan my mornings! When we stayed at BC last time we just walked to both parks, but it looks like that will take much longer now from YC with the new path.
    I believe that they start running one hour before park opening.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS