Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

New poster here on this thread! We have finally decided we are going to give BC a try with a split stay with the POLY on our next trip (2019), staying 4 nights at each resort. We will stay at the POLY for ease around MK area (and toddler in a stroller), then move to the BC for Epcot, DHS, etc. I am so excited to learn more and more about the Beach club. I see the rooms are a bit smaller than GF and Poly (both places I have just last stayed). But do they feel small? SO excited to learn more about a new resort! We have 2 children under 10, so I know this will be a great fit for us.

I also had asked about the DELUXE standard rooms at BC. Has anyone stayed in these? Are they worth it? How many are there still and where are they located? Good location or eh, not so great?

I have no idea how the rooms or building are laid out, I will be looking for all that info in the coming posts. Also, what rooms are closest in walking distance to Epcot or the Boardwalk? What do you feel is the perfect room?

Sorry for so many questions! I am so excited to have finally made a decision since returning from the GF in April!!

We just stayed in a Deluxe CL room at the BC. It was amazing and probably the only way we will do it from now on. I think there are 6 or 7. Four are at the far left corner of the building (when you are facing the building) portion that has the quiet pool (closer to Epcot) and the others are located at the left corner of the part of the building where the main entrance is.

The rooms are HUGE, with 2 queen beds, and a queen sized sleeper sofa. They can sleep 6 comfortably. They also have benches at the ends of the beds, an armchair, coffee table, armoire, desk, and chair and a coffee cabinet/refrigerator. They have Nespresso machines now also. They have a walk in closet and plenty of space near the door, as there is a hallway. We kept all our shoes there.

Our room was 1557, which was perfect. We could walk out the sliding door and into the quiet pool (this was also handy for doing laundry). Our room had three huge windows and a patio. The other rooms are 2557, 3557, and 4557. I recommend requesting one of these rooms, as the location was awesome. We were SO close to Epcot and only a quick walk using the outside path to the main pool.

These rooms also have Club Level access, which is great. Honestly, these rooms are a hidden gem. Definitely recommend.

Ok thank you. So if you make a request, what things might you say?

Be careful with requests that you're not so specific that the type of room you're looking for doesn't exist. Pick one or two things that are most important (such as "higher floor," "near elevator," "close to pool," "close to lobby," "large balcony," or some such). If something is really going to be a deal-breaker (like your room MUST have blackout curtains) then you may have to leave it at that.

Are the rooms with daybeds the same size as the rooms without daybeds? If no daybed, what's in it's place?

I can only speak for one room from one stay, but we were in one without a daybed and it was slightly smaller - one of the corners of the room was essentially "missing" (it was walled off, I assume there was ductwork, a building structure I wasn't aware of, or some aspect of the building that made this room irregularly shaped). Based on other resort rooms, I think the desk would have probably gone in that area that wasn't usable, beside the bed nearest the windows, and then the daybed would have gone on the wall opposite the bed nearest the window. Instead, we had the desk on the opposite wall to the beds with a little open space on either end of it since it would be shorter than a daybed, and nothing between the bed nearest the window and that wall. We also had a single hinged door to the balcony with a smaller window beside it, instead of the full wall length of windows with a sliding glass door. This also seemed to be due to the irregular shape of the room, because of that corner that was walled off there couldn't be a full wall of window with the sliding door and full curtains. We had roman blinds that both didn't block light at all and had a very long loop of string for opening and closing them that almost reached the floor that I had to kind of balance up on the lock (I think that's what I ended up doing) so it wasn't a strangulation hazard for out 17 month old toddlers. I didn't care for the room, and if we stayed there again I would ask if there was anything else available if we were given a room like that again. I never thought I would say this, but since we didn't have a good view (it was SV CL) I would actually have preferred a regular wall of windows with regular black out curtains than a full balcony, and I've always been a huge balcony girl when staying at deluxe resorts!

We just stayed in a Deluxe CL room at the BC. It was amazing and probably the only way we will do it from now on. I think there are 6 or 7. Four are at the far left corner of the building (when you are facing the building) portion that has the quiet pool (closer to Epcot) and the others are located at the left corner of the part of the building where the main entrance is.

The rooms are HUGE, with 2 queen beds, and a queen sized sleeper sofa. They can sleep 6 comfortably. They also have benches at the ends of the beds, an armchair, coffee table, armoire, desk, and chair and a coffee cabinet/refrigerator. They have Nespresso machines now also. They have a walk in closet and plenty of space near the door, as there is a hallway. We kept all our shoes there.

Our room was 1557, which was perfect. We could walk out the sliding door and into the quiet pool (this was also handy for doing laundry). Our room had three huge windows and a patio. The other rooms are 2557, 3557, and 4557. I recommend requesting one of these rooms, as the location was awesome. We were SO close to Epcot and only a quick walk using the outside path to the main pool.

These rooms also have Club Level access, which is great. Honestly, these rooms are a hidden gem. Definitely recommend.

Did you find the deluxe closer to Epcot took you too far away from STormalong bay, or place to refill soda, etc?

I can only speak for one room from one stay, but we were in one without a daybed and it was slightly smaller - one of the corners of the room was essentially "missing" (it was walled off, I assume there was ductwork, a building structure I wasn't aware of, or some aspect of the building that made this room irregularly shaped). Based on other resort rooms, I think the desk would have probably gone in that area that wasn't usable, beside the bed nearest the windows, and then the daybed would have gone on the wall opposite the bed nearest the window. Instead, we had the desk on the opposite wall to the beds with a little open space on either end of it since it would be shorter than a daybed, and nothing between the bed nearest the window and that wall. We also had a single hinged door to the balcony with a smaller window beside it, instead of the full wall length of windows with a sliding glass door. This also seemed to be due to the irregular shape of the room, because of that corner that was walled off there couldn't be a full wall of window with the sliding door and full curtains. We had roman blinds that both didn't block light at all and had a very long loop of string for opening and closing them that almost reached the floor that I had to kind of balance up on the lock (I think that's what I ended up doing) so it wasn't a strangulation hazard for out 17 month old toddlers. I didn't care for the room, and if we stayed there again I would ask if there was anything else available if we were given a room like that again. I never thought I would say this, but since we didn't have a good view (it was SV CL) I would actually have preferred a regular wall of windows with regular black out curtains than a full balcony, and I've always been a huge balcony girl when staying at deluxe resorts!

I thought the single door was not for a full balcony room? The blind cord must have been a nightmare with 17 month olds! I have an 18 month old now, so I can only imagine two!!

I thought the single door was not for a full balcony room? The blind cord must have been a nightmare with 17 month olds! I have an 18 month old now, so I can only imagine two!!
Ours had the single door, but also had a full balcony. Possibly a slightly shorter full balcony than some other resort rooms we've been in, but a full one with a table and 2 chairs that all of us could be on together easily. And yes, that cord was not a good thing! If we hadn't already called for our luggage when I saw it I might have at least asked if another room was available. It was made worse that we had 2 pack n plays for the twins, so one of them kind of had to be over toward that area. I was surprised Disney has something like that in a resort room, if anything terrible ever happened with a little kid from that it could be a problem for them, besides being a tragedy.

Ours had the single door, but also had a full balcony. Possibly a slightly shorter full balcony than some other resort rooms we've been in, but a full one with a table and 2 chairs that all of us could be on together easily. And yes, that cord was not a good thing! If we hadn't already called for our luggage when I saw it I might have at least asked if another room was available. It was made worse that we had 2 pack n plays for the twins, so one of them kind of had to be over toward that area. I was surprised Disney has something like that in a resort room, if anything terrible ever happened with a little kid from that it could be a problem for them, besides being a tragedy.
I was either the first or second Guest to occupy a BC refurbished room a few years ago, that had the Roman-fold shades. While still at the BC, I commented to a couple of CMs about the poor light-blocking of the shades, as well as the possible strangulation hazard of their very long, looped cord controls. I was told that the information would be passed on to management. Obviously, nothing has been done to address the problems.

A very simple temporary fix for the possible strangulation hazard is to wrap the cord around your hand, so that the cord length is well beyond the reach of little ones, then clip the wound up cord with a clothespin, about 5' above the floor. Obviously, when you need to adjust the shade height, you will have to temporarily release the cord, but it's a quick and easy fix to wrap and secure it again.

images
Bring a couple of these along, just in case your room has the shades.

There are inexpensive devices specifically made to safely secure looped cords on window treatment that can easily be added after the fact. I certainly hope it does not come down to adding those devices, only after a child has been injured or worse, due to this oversight

YC and BC aren't enormous resorts, and also don't have the outbuildings that a lot of others do (Poly, GF, CBR, PO, etc.). You're never really that far from anything, IMO.

I totally agree. I do find the hallways confusing at times, but you are never that far from anything. Even when we stayed at YC, we were still very close to Epcot and could walk there in a few minutes.

YC and BC aren't enormous resorts, and also don't have the outbuildings that a lot of others do (Poly, GF, CBR, PO, etc.). You're never really that far from anything, IMO.

I do agree with you. It's just somehow those looooong halls in some of the resorts that are contained in one building, like the AKL, YC, BC, and WL seem to make the walk feel longer than walking from a different building at the Poly, POR, etc. I'm don't know why, it's obviously just a mental thing. Maybe it's because to me the walk around the Poly and POR is pretty, and the walk down long hotel halls to an elevator is boring and cold from AC? I don't know, but I will say it is nicer to be walking inside when it's raining or cold out, that's for sure! We've only had a room with that long of a walk at the AKL, luckily, but I do remember how those halls seemed endless at times, even though when we timed it it was only like a 2-3 min walk to the room, maybe 4-5 to the Mara since we were in the other wing.

Oh have fun!!! And I want to hear all about it when you get back! How many nights at each???? So happy for you!

5 at each. We move to the Poly on Monday.

I am almost done packing (flight at 7am) but one suitcase is just stuff for the pool tomorrow-bathing suits/coverups/swim shirts, flip flops, sunscreen, hats and laundry detergent so we can wash what we wore because I am sure I won’t want to put it back on for dinner!

If I could I would fall asleep now as I have been up since 4am. Hopefully I will sleep tonight, you know anticipation of vacation and not sleeping. The only good thing is that we all got TSA precheck. I figured it was going to just be my dh with global entry and my oldest always gets it, so I send her with a bag of liquids. But we all have it so I put a bag of liquids in each suitcase (we only do carry ons) and my over the shoulder/under the seat bag will be lighter...yay! Oh and hopefully we can sleep an extra 15 min tomorrow and leave at 4:45 vs 4:30.

Ok thank you. So if you make a request, what things might you say?

Either attributes of the room you may want or location-based requests- the examples offered by the following two posters are great examples.

Full balcony is a big one. Day bed or not is another I've seen. Then there's the whole sliding door vs mini blinds thing. Top floor vs lower levels. That sort of thing.

:thumbsup2

Be careful with requests that you're not so specific that the type of room you're looking for doesn't exist. Pick one or two things that are most important (such as "higher floor," "near elevator," "close to pool," "close to lobby," "large balcony," or some such). If something is really going to be a deal-breaker (like your room MUST have blackout curtains) then you may have to leave it at that.

:thumbsup2

Ok, I get it. I have a lot of research to do! Thanks!

I can help with that!

There is a lot of information and pictures on Page 1 of this thread. You may want to start with the introductory Post 1, FAQ Post 13 and Other Useful Info Post 14. That will give you some useful background about the resort.

:)

Hi everyone! A group of five of us will be staying at the Yacht club August 15-22 for the first time! We are also trying the DDP this trip, also for the first time.

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I do agree with you. It's just somehow those looooong halls in some of the resorts that are contained in one building, like the AKL, YC, BC, and WL seem to make the walk feel longer than walking from a different building at the Poly, POR, etc. I'm don't know why, it's obviously just a mental thing. Maybe it's because to me the walk around the Poly and POR is pretty, and the walk down long hotel halls to an elevator is boring and cold from AC? I don't know, but I will say it is nicer to be walking inside when it's raining or cold out, that's for sure! We've only had a room with that long of a walk at the AKL, luckily, but I do remember how those halls seemed endless at times, even though when we timed it it was only like a 2-3 min walk to the room, maybe 4-5 to the Mara since we were in the other wing.
I completely agree with you and that’s why we typically like the resorts with the outer walkways

Did you find the deluxe closer to Epcot took you too far away from STormalong bay, or place to refill soda, etc?

We were actually very close to the Beach Club Marketplace. It was just down the hall and around a corner. I would say it was a 2 minute walk, if that.

To get to SAB, there is a door that leads to the outside quiet pool courtyard that was literally 10 steps from our room. There is also an elevator there that goes up to the rooms on floors 2-4 (it does not go to 5, so to get to the CL, had to take the main lobby elevator). You exit that door, walk out to the path, turn left and you're in Epcot in like 3 min. Turn right and you are at SAB in about a minute or two. The entrance that is near the Pirate Ship slide was the one we used. If you simply continue on that path, you reach Hurricane Hannas in another minute or so, and the boat dock in about 3 minutes.

The walk to the bus stop was the longest we had. It was like 7-10 minutes.

I was in the last YC room (4240) nearest to BC and it was a maze for me to get to the elevators. It seemed longer the first few times I made the wrong turn haha

Great pics and glad to hear about your stay. Us too, just stayed 9 days at GF in April and our previous stay was a week at the POLY. So going to a Epcot resort area hotel is a big change for us. That's why we are doing a split stay for our trip next year. I see you wrote that you felt far from everything. Where do you think would be the ideal location then, knowing what you know now? We also have a toddler and a 9 year old, so convenience is a big deal for us with a stroller, etc. I know nothing about the Beach Club and am eager to learn more. I guess I should ask you, would you stay there again and what would you do differently? Did you find you missed being near the MK?

And did you have a pool view or a water view?

Hi! We would definitely stay at the BC again. My kids were crazy about the pool which far surpassed the GF and Poly. We still love the MK resorts, but being able to walk into HS and Epcot was pretty special. I would stay closer to the elevator next time since the hallways can be long. Also utilize Minnie Vans to get to AK and MK, if you're like me and hate taking strollers on the bus. We're doing the Poly for our next stay late fall, but next time we're planning a more pool-focused trip we'll be back at the BC for sure. :)

We had a "water view."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter