Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

2 random questions about the yacht club.

Can you fit one suitcase in the closet??? I know they changed the closet arrangement

also is that fold up ironing board a pain, does it work well???

Not sure if it would fit in the closet (kind of doubt a large one would), but they did raise the beds in the YC to make room for suitcases to fit underneath.

As for the ironing board, never used it, but if it's like the one in my house, it should be pretty simple to use!

What is the deal with the "vortex" area of Storm Along Bay? We we visited in 2013, I don't think I ventured over in that area of the pool, so now I am interested in it. If I did, I have seem to forgotten.

Page 1202

Beach Club Villas Floor Plans

BCVFloorPlan1.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan2.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan3.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan4.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan5.gif

Is there anywhere I can see room locations for the Beach Club Resort (not villas) like the maps above? I've read the BC FAQs, but the rest of this forum at 1200+ pages is a bit much for me to go through. I've searched elsewhere online, but so far have not found anything that would help. We've only ever stayed at Moderates, but we're thinking about a 3-night stay at Beach Club in March 2019.

Is there anywhere I can see room locations for the Beach Club Resort (not villas) like the maps above? I've read the BC FAQs, but the rest of this forum at 1200+ pages is a bit much for me to go through. I've searched elsewhere online, but so far have not found anything that would help. We've only ever stayed at Moderates, but we're thinking about a 3-night stay at Beach Club in March 2019.
Touring Plans? Hotel room views. Not like the maps above, but its something.

There is a map on the thread somewhere. I have it copied to my word file but I can't seem to get it to copy so I can paste it. You may be able to find it by doing a search, or someone else may be able to get it for you.

This thread was very helpful when I was planning our stay at BC (last week). While I was there, I took a couple of pictures for you guys.

First, they now have specialty fries on the menu at Beaches & Cream! I had the ones with cheese and candied bacon and onions. They were delicious! They were supposed to have ranch as well, but I ordered them without the ranch.

P1060550.jpg

Second, we had a standard room. They gave us 3711 (had a daybed) on the third floor. Since a lot of people ask what a standard view is like, I took pictures.

Large Balcony

P1060696.jpg

Balcony view, front, right and left.

P1060697.jpg

P1060698.jpg

P1060700.jpg

And lastly, people often ask where the standard/garden/water view rooms are located. I was able to get pictures of the map they had at the front desk. The 'Floor' titles are added by me.

BC1.jpg

BC2.jpg

Hope this information helps people out!

ETA I'm not sure why the floor plan images are so small. I have the pictures much bigger. @natebenma, if you want the full images, I can email them to you.

I found it! Thanks again helenb! The floor plans are at the end of the post. May be small. I have found it to be accurate for the last couple of stays that we had.

Can you fit one suitcase in the closet??? I know they changed the closet arrangement

I don't recall exactly how large the closet was, it's only as wide as a coat hanger. Off the top of my head I would say maybe a medium size suitcase would fit. ??? Plenty of room under the bed for probably two.

The ironing board was nice. Easy to fold in and out. Much nicer than the big board that I'm always too lazy to put away so it just sits there in the way most of the vacation!

Sort of a BC question, sort of not. Does anyone know if you’re staying at BC and you are a DVC member but not staying on points rather you’re paying do you still pay for parking?

What is the deal with the "vortex" area of Storm Along Bay? We we visited in 2013, I don't think I ventured over in that area of the pool, so now I am interested in it. If I did, I have seem to forgotten.

I believe "vortex" is a reference to the small whirlpool area that's adjacent to the slide landing area. It's a very small cove part of the pool that swirls you around for maybe 10 - 20 feet if that.

The closet has a lot of shelves in it. There is only 1 area that might be high enough for a suitcase. But that is the area for hanging stuff. Anything you hang up would be dragging on the suitcase. We had a room with a connecting door. I found that 2 suitcases fit in that little area by the connecting door perfectly. We unpacked & just stood the cases up right there. I did not want them under the bed & they were out of the way right there.

SL6827 said:
Any info on renting the lockers at the pool? Cost involved? Hard to come by one?

Just be aware that if the pool gets closed due to weather issues (lightening especially) the whole pool deck is closed & off limits to guests. We made the mistake of putting some stuff in there one year when our room wasn't ready when we checked in. Then we went to Epcot for a little bit. It started storming by the time we got back & the pool was closed. The lifeguards would not let us go get our stuff from the locker. We checked back periodically & finally one of the lifeguards went & got our stuff for us. I know that is not something most people do & it was the only time we ever did something like that. But I just like to warn people since it can happen.

:welcome: to the thread.

There is a very detailed floor map on Page 1, Post 8 of this thread.

I know this forum is very long, but I try to keep any important/updated info on the first page somewhere.

:goodvibes

I believe "vortex" is a reference to the small whirlpool area that's adjacent to the slide landing area. It's a very small cove part of the pool that swirls you around for maybe 10 - 20 feet if that.
Ya, I didn't venture over to it in 2013.

Is anyone out there now had any experience with the bus to HS due to the friendship boats being down? How long does it take/does it pick up any other hotels? Is it quicker to walk?
Thanks.

:welcome: to the thread.

There is a very detailed floor map on Page 1, Post 8 of this thread.

I know this forum is very long, but I try to keep any important/updated info on the first page somewhere.

:goodvibes

Thanks natebenma! I was actually looking for diagrams that would show the locations of the rooms and what category they're in. Helenb and izzylovesmickey came through for me. Although the photos are pretty small, I was able to enlarge them enough to get a general idea of where the different types of rooms are located and the corresponding room numbers, even though the numbers are a little fuzzy. There are a lot less room categories at POFQ (where I've stayed at least 8 times), so I'm trying to get a handle on what category will work best for us at BC.

Sort of a BC question, sort of not. Does anyone know if you’re staying at BC and you are a DVC member but not staying on points rather you’re paying do you still pay for parking?
If you are a DVC member staying at a DVC villa on points or cash you don't pay for parking, or if you use your points for a regular resort. We are paying out of pocket for our YC stay so will have to pay for parking even though DVC members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter