Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

LMO429

DIS Veteran
I am booked for a Lagoon/Pool View at the Beach Club for October for 10 nights. I would prefer the yacht club since I like the lagoon/pool views better from that side and we would be guaranteed a full balcony but there are none available. I can get a garden/wood view only at yacht for my dates.

For the beach club pool/lagoon view are they nice? I would want a full balcony and no dormer ceilings. I have the touring plans account and I cant seem to figure out where the rooms would be located. Can anyone recommend a room number so I can do a search. Would want the daybed too since we have a 3 year old. THank you!

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Page 1195-1197

How far is thr BC CL lounge from the pool area? We are only staying for one day before we leave FL and plan on hanging at the pool all day. I don't know how much we'd use the lounge if it was far away.

Also do you prefer BC CL or YC CL?

Thanks!
    :welcome: back to the thread! When is your stay?

:goodvibes

I'd love some opinions:reviews of having 5 people in a garden view at YC. Group is me (34), DS (4), Grandma (60), niece (12) & step-nephew (13). Staying for 5 days in June, one day at each park. Taking mid-day pool & nap break. Husband & I stayed at YC 9/2017 with our son and LOVED it. I thought the rooms were a great size but there were only 3 of us. Currently booked in AoA Lion King. Only $20 more per night for YC. AoA pros are 2 bathrooms, bigger, separate rooms. YC pros are location & Stormalong. I'd love to hear people's thoughts!
    :welcome: back!

Tough choice, but a good problem to have, me thinks.

I see others have given some great input.

:thumbsup2

Hi All,

Just booked my first trip to the Beach Club Club Level and looking at room options, does anyone know if rooms 5681, 5679 or 5677 have a full balcony? Really can't wait!

Can anyone also reassure me about the buses? Have heard some negative reviews about how full the buses are and how long they take to turn up to get to MK and AK
    :welcome:

When is your trip?

Check out the Beach Club Room Views thread (on the Resorts Community subforum) to see if there is more info about any of these rooms.

::yes::

Woo-hoo. Less than 24 hours to go and I’ll be at BC (depending on how long the expo takes, going from the airport to the expo then BC).
    Sorry I didn't get a chance to :welcome: you to the thread before your stay!

:cool2:

We are staying at the BC at the end of April, this year and we must admit, we can’t wait.

The wife and I used to have our holiday in Florida every year and we always stayed at the Royal Pacific Hotel as we loved IOA and US.

5 years later, We now have a 4 year old Daughter so we thought it was about time we went back to Florida but this time it’s all Disney.

It’s a bit too late now but what’s your experience with crowd levels in the parks and the hotel?, we’re staying for 10 days from April 28th.

All the Best

The Burns’s
    :welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Even when the resort is fully booked, which is often, it does not feel crowded. There are usually loungers available somewhere at the pool. Check out Posts 2 and Posts 13 or 14 (Chair Piggies) for some useful info/suggestions about pool etiquette.

Enjoy your stay!

:woohoo:

We are a family of 5: myself, DH, DS14, DD11, and DS8. We have stayed at several of the resorts that accommodate 5 people in one room without issue so far. This trip we are staying at the Poly and BCV (studio). As the kids get older it does get a little more cramped. The bathroom situation is getting to be a little awkward as well. It isn't so bad when the toilet and shower are closed off from the sink. I've looked at the Kidani 1-bedrooms at AKV several times because 2 bathrooms are quite appealing, but I just can't do because we love staying close to Epcot or MK. Good luck deciding. That's always the hardest part for me. :)
    :welcome: and thanks so much for the helpful input!

:disrocks:

So I guess the crepes were just a day of the week special or have you noticed them rotating between a couple of different "fancy" breakfast offerings?
    :welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming stay?

I have been told that the current club level offerings include a rotation hot items for breakfast: crepes, choc chip bread pudding with vanilla sauce, crust less bacon and cheddar bites(they are like quiche ).

::yes::

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    I am booked for a Lagoon/Pool View at the Beach Club for October for 10 nights. I would prefer the yacht club since I like the lagoon/pool views better from that side and we would be guaranteed a full balcony but there are none available. I can get a garden/wood view only at yacht for my dates.

For the beach club pool/lagoon view are they nice? I would want a full balcony and no dormer ceilings. I have the touring plans account and I cant seem to figure out where the rooms would be located. Can anyone recommend a room number so I can do a search. Would want the daybed too since we have a 3 year old. THank you!
    I have a few pictures of the lagoon view sections of the BC.

exterior lagoon side_zpsxotggeoe.JPG
    This section is located between the volleyball court and the quiet pool. The middle room is 1561.

side window right_zpswtvb25nu.JPG

This section is between the volleyball court and the lagoon side entrance to the BC. The middle room is 1643.

side window straight_zpsc2lnhbfn.JPG

• mrsap

Sun is up,sky is blue, it’s beautiful & so are you
    Hey guys! I was just checking out Hurricane Hannah’s adult beverage menu! Just wondering if anyone has a favorite mixed drink they can recommend there! Trying to plan for pool days!!! LOL Thanks!

Shellyb84

DIS Veteran
    DVC Gold
    Hey guys! I was just checking out Hurricane Hannah’s adult beverage menu! Just wondering if anyone has a favorite mixed drink they can recommend there! Trying to plan for pool days!!! LOL Thanks!
    I love the Pina Colava with a floater of Myers.

Also, it's not listed on their menu but rum runners are my fave. Bill makes them perfectly!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    The Sunken Treasure gets a spotlight on Page 1 of this thread (See below)

During my October 2016 trip, I discovered the Category 5 doesn't suck, either!

The Category 5:

Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum, Bols Creme Banana, Bols Peach Schnapps, Orange & Pineapple Juice, Splash of Grenadine, float of Goslings 151 Rum

Last edited:
  • natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Sunken Treasure: The unofficial beverage of the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ forum:

Ode to my "first" Sunken Treasure by natebenma

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Thanks, pixarmom, Feckless, WDW4us2006 and Ninja Mom for the photos!

The Sunken Treasure was removed from the menu at Hurricane Hanna's for several years but has recently returned to the bar menu at HH and several other pool bars at other Disney resorts.

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experimented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
    1 1/2 shots Midori
    1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
    1 shot orange juice
    1 shot pineapple juice
    Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
    1 shot Blue Curaçao
    Over ice
    Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

[/QUOTE]

mrsap

Sun is up,sky is blue, it’s beautiful & so are you
    The Sunken Treasure gets a spotlight on Page 1 of this thread (See below)

During my October 2016 trip, I discovered the Category 5 doesn't suck, either!

The Category 5:

Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum, Bols Creme Banana, Bols Peach Schnapps, Orange & Pineapple Juice, Splash of Grenadine, float of Goslings 151 Rum
    Thank you so much for the pictures and descriptions!!! Thanks also to @Shellyb84 and @dansdad !!7 Both drinks actually sound really good!!!!! Sunken Treasure looks more my taste! Might be a one and done for me, though lol

@Shellyb84 I tried that at the GF in November and it was good, but I didn’t love it, not a fan of coconut.

bayknox

Mouseketeer
    Hello. We are staying at Yacht Club Club Level June 6-14th! We are so excited! Can anyone tell me what brands of wine they serve in the Lounge? Thank you!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Hello. We are staying at Yacht Club Club Level June 6-14th! We are so excited! Can anyone tell me what brands of wine they serve in the Lounge? Thank you!
    Does anyone have pictures of water/lagoon view at Yacht Club? Thank you!

I’ll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on page

We have a thread with a sample of views by category on the Resorts Community sub-forum. I’ll post the link in the morning

ETA: Yacht Club Room Views Thread: https://disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/

I will have to search around to see what the current wine selections are, but a couple of things you can do until I have time to find them:

Go to Page 1, Post 12 of this thread (Club Level info)- not sure how recent the info/photos there are.

Go to the Club Level specific thread on the resorts board and search Yacht Club or Beach Club Wine

Last edited:

LMO429

DIS Veteran

AllThingsMickey4

DIS Veteran
    We stayed at the YC for the first time 4/28-5/4 after 15+ stays at the BC. We boarded our dogs at Best Friends for the first time and wanted to be at a dog friendly hotel just in case they didn't do good (it was their first ever boarding experience).

We booked CL standard view and requested a room with a king bed. We got room 5227 and it had an awesome view. I'm not sure if we got upgraded to water/Lagoon View or if this is still considered SV since there was some rooftop right under us.

IMG_6259.JPG

Hubby and I are torn on which one we like better. I'm sort of leaning toward the YC because it seems to be less busy overall. Plus I like how it's the first stop on the bus between the two. Hubby likes BC because it feels more relaxed and laid back. I still think the YC was the better choice for our honeymoon.. especially once we walked over to the BC and encountered multiple screaming children in the lobby :rotfl: Regardless, the BC will always hold a special place in my heart since I basically grew up there. We've spent close to a full year there when you add up all of our family trips over the last 15 years.

Hopefully I'll be returning to the BC with my parents this November for my first Christmas time trip in 4 years :cool1: Hubby can only take so much time off from work in one year, but luckily he doesn't care how often I go :p

bayknox

Mouseketeer

I’ll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on page

We have a thread with a sample of views by category on the Resorts Community sub-forum. I’ll post the link in the morning

ETA: Yacht Club Room Views Thread: https://disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/

I will have to search around to see what the current wine selections are, but a couple of things you can do until I have time to find them:

Go to Page 1, Post 12 of this thread (Club Level info)- not sure how recent the info/photos there are.

Go to the Club Level specific thread on the resorts board and search Yacht Club or Beach Club Wine

Thank you! This is very helpful!

Dave006

DIS Veteran
    We booked CL standard view and requested a room with a king bed. We got room 5227 and it had an awesome view. I'm not sure if we got upgraded to water/Lagoon View or if this is still considered SV since there was some rooftop right under us.
    Yes you were upgraded to a "Lagoon or Pool" view. A great view, thanks for sharing.

Views in Disney speak are defined by what can you see by just looking straight out the windows / sliding / french doors. I always laugh at what is a "Theme Park View" at the Contemporary", some guests then complain (not that you were complaining about the roofs below) that if they look down they can see the parking lot not the great view right in front of them! This is also why individual or groups of rooms may also change to a different view category based on vegetation growth or resort changes.

Dave

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS