Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I didn't think that any of the deluxe resorts had full sized beds, I was under the impression that you would have either two queen beds or one king, is this not accurate?

When we stayed at the BC a few years ago, we had 2 dbl beds and no couch. The room itself was very small, 2 queens wouldn't have fit. It was just my dd and myself, so we were ok with the beds.

We are staying at YC for the first time, Sept. 9-15. Our first night we are staying at POP. I know Bell services will transfer our luggage. Just wondering what time the luggage will be transferred approximately. We have an ADR at 5:40 at 'Ohana. Thanks for all the great info in this thread. We are super excited to stay at YC.
We are doing the same thing in May since we get in late our first day. Since I am overly concerned about having my luggage when I want it, we are going to rent a car for the first day and drop off our luggage at YC and then return the car to the Dolphin. It is reasonable and we don't have to do Magical Express this way.

Just an FYI...there is only 6 inches difference in a full/double-sized mattress and a queen-sized mattress.

I’m aware of that. I was adding the information as part of the room description because it might make a difference to someone. For me it wasn’t an issue, I’m short and was traveling alone but even my 5’9” brother finds a full/double a bit too short.

This is a random question, but are you allowed to wear t-shirts in the pool?

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to share a chapter from my 2013 trip report that t-shirts are indeed allowed in Stormalong Bay. Hope it brings a smile to some of you.

From 2013: Hijinks (and Shenanigans)

We were back in our room after returning from Downtown Disney. It was around 8 pm. Plans were for Mark and me to go into EPCOT together while the boys stayed in the room. But there was a problem. The daybed in the room was not made up into a bed. Last night, I think Nate just slept in it as a couch, but tonight we wanted it made up as a bed, and we couldn’t figure out how to do it.
We called mousekeeping to ask someone to come by to show us how to make up the bed. We waited. 15 minutes. 20 minutes. We called again. Finally, someone came to help us out. Mark watched her swing the mattress around, and it was a simple process. (Edit to Add: There are now directions included with the daybeds)
At this point it was after 8:30, Mark was frustrated and said it was too late to go into EPCOT.
I was not ready for bed yet, so I decided I would spend some time at Stormalong Bay.
I changed into my bathing suit and put on my sleeping t-shirt and shorts over it.
When I got down to the pool, I got a towel, found a lounger, set down the towel and jumped into the water.
Does anyone know the step that is missing here???
I did not remove the t-shirt and shorts before entering the pool. I was swimming with my clothes on!
It was stupid, I was embarrassed and now I didn’t have any comfortable shorts to sleep in!
What should I do? As another ditzy fish once said, “Just Keep Swimming!”
While I was in the water, Illuminations started. I loved seeing the fireworks from the pool, and I wondered how the view would be from the stairs to the Jib Slide.
These pictures are taken from the stairs to the Jib Slide.
I was getting ready to pack up and return to the room when I heard someone call out my name.
It was Cathy, catho72. We had a lovely chat and I met members of her family. Of course we needed a picture because if there is no picture, the meet didn’t happen!
Don't worry folks- I still have my arms!
I think we talked until about 10 and then I said I had to get back to the room because we had an early morning- like always- and that I didn’t want Mark to be worried because I was out so late.
When I let myself into the room, everyone was already asleep!
:fish:

I am booked for a Lagoon/Pool View at the Beach Club for October for 10 nights. I would prefer the yacht club since I like the lagoon/pool views better from that side and we would be guaranteed a full balcony but there are none available. I can get a garden/wood view only at yacht for my dates.

For the beach club pool/lagoon view are they nice? I would want a full balcony and no dormer ceilings. I have the touring plans account and I cant seem to figure out where the rooms would be located. Can anyone recommend a room number so I can do a search. Would want the daybed too since we have a 3 year old. THank you!

Page 1195-1197

How far is thr BC CL lounge from the pool area? We are only staying for one day before we leave FL and plan on hanging at the pool all day. I don't know how much we'd use the lounge if it was far away.

Also do you prefer BC CL or YC CL?

Thanks!

:welcome: back to the thread! When is your stay?

:goodvibes

I'd love some opinions:reviews of having 5 people in a garden view at YC. Group is me (34), DS (4), Grandma (60), niece (12) & step-nephew (13). Staying for 5 days in June, one day at each park. Taking mid-day pool & nap break. Husband & I stayed at YC 9/2017 with our son and LOVED it. I thought the rooms were a great size but there were only 3 of us. Currently booked in AoA Lion King. Only $20 more per night for YC. AoA pros are 2 bathrooms, bigger, separate rooms. YC pros are location & Stormalong. I'd love to hear people's thoughts!

:welcome: back!

Tough choice, but a good problem to have, me thinks.

I see others have given some great input.

:thumbsup2

Hi All,

Just booked my first trip to the Beach Club Club Level and looking at room options, does anyone know if rooms 5681, 5679 or 5677 have a full balcony? Really can't wait!

Can anyone also reassure me about the buses? Have heard some negative reviews about how full the buses are and how long they take to turn up to get to MK and AK

:welcome:

When is your trip?

Check out the Beach Club Room Views thread (on the Resorts Community subforum) to see if there is more info about any of these rooms.

::yes::

Woo-hoo. Less than 24 hours to go and I’ll be at BC (depending on how long the expo takes, going from the airport to the expo then BC).

Sorry I didn't get a chance to :welcome: you to the thread before your stay!

:cool2:

We are staying at the BC at the end of April, this year and we must admit, we can’t wait.

The wife and I used to have our holiday in Florida every year and we always stayed at the Royal Pacific Hotel as we loved IOA and US.

5 years later, We now have a 4 year old Daughter so we thought it was about time we went back to Florida but this time it’s all Disney.

It’s a bit too late now but what’s your experience with crowd levels in the parks and the hotel?, we’re staying for 10 days from April 28th.

All the Best

The Burns’s

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Even when the resort is fully booked, which is often, it does not feel crowded. There are usually loungers available somewhere at the pool. Check out Posts 2 and Posts 13 or 14 (Chair Piggies) for some useful info/suggestions about pool etiquette.

Enjoy your stay!

:woohoo:

We are a family of 5: myself, DH, DS14, DD11, and DS8. We have stayed at several of the resorts that accommodate 5 people in one room without issue so far. This trip we are staying at the Poly and BCV (studio). As the kids get older it does get a little more cramped. The bathroom situation is getting to be a little awkward as well. It isn't so bad when the toilet and shower are closed off from the sink. I've looked at the Kidani 1-bedrooms at AKV several times because 2 bathrooms are quite appealing, but I just can't do because we love staying close to Epcot or MK. Good luck deciding. That's always the hardest part for me. :)

:welcome: and thanks so much for the helpful input!

:disrocks:

So I guess the crepes were just a day of the week special or have you noticed them rotating between a couple of different "fancy" breakfast offerings?

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming stay?

I have been told that the current club level offerings include a rotation hot items for breakfast: crepes, choc chip bread pudding with vanilla sauce, crust less bacon and cheddar bites(they are like quiche ).

::yes::

I am booked for a Lagoon/Pool View at the Beach Club for October for 10 nights. I would prefer the yacht club since I like the lagoon/pool views better from that side and we would be guaranteed a full balcony but there are none available. I can get a garden/wood view only at yacht for my dates.

For the beach club pool/lagoon view are they nice? I would want a full balcony and no dormer ceilings. I have the touring plans account and I cant seem to figure out where the rooms would be located. Can anyone recommend a room number so I can do a search. Would want the daybed too since we have a 3 year old. THank you!

I have a few pictures of the lagoon view sections of the BC.

exterior lagoon side_zpsxotggeoe.JPG
This section is located between the volleyball court and the quiet pool. The middle room is 1561.

side window right_zpswtvb25nu.JPG

This section is between the volleyball court and the lagoon side entrance to the BC. The middle room is 1643.

side window straight_zpsc2lnhbfn.JPG

Hey guys! I was just checking out Hurricane Hannah’s adult beverage menu! Just wondering if anyone has a favorite mixed drink they can recommend there! Trying to plan for pool days!!! LOL Thanks!

Hey guys! I was just checking out Hurricane Hannah’s adult beverage menu! Just wondering if anyone has a favorite mixed drink they can recommend there! Trying to plan for pool days!!! LOL Thanks!

I love the Pina Colava with a floater of Myers.

Also, it's not listed on their menu but rum runners are my fave. Bill makes them perfectly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter