Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

eeyoreland

DIS Veteran
I've booked a garden view room with two queen beds at the Beach Club. I've been looking at older threads to try to figure out the best rooms to request, but many of the older threads are missing the photos since the various photo sites don't keep the photos up forever.

That said, can anyone here give me advice on the best rooms to request? I see a couple suggestions on touringplans. One garden view over there even shows the lake to the left. Would that mean that fireworks would be visible?
Hi, there. I see no one has responded so I'll take a stab at this one. It's my understanding that it's better to NOT ask for a specific room number if that's what you're asking, but rather request things like close to the lobby, full balcony, etc. That said, however, I will say that we stayed at BC the end of February and were in room 2579. We booked standard, but someone here confirmed it was indeed a garden view. We had a full balcony, although there was a rather large bush in front of it, but immediately to the left was the volleyball court and a wonderful view of the boardwalk and Crescent Lake. It really was a lovely view. As far as touringplans, I think I've read that their photos aren't up to date with how the categories are defined. Hope this helps.

Rjw615

Mouseketeer
I am guessing you can see Illuminations from YC; at least partly I presume. Is there a spot that is better to get at than another spot at YC? Asking because we will be there thru July 4th, wondering if on the 4th, will the view at YC suffice or should we get over to Epcot to find a spot?

• shoreward

DIS Veteran
    I am guessing you can see Illuminations from YC; at least partly I presume. Is there a spot that is better to get at than another spot at YC? Asking because we will be there thru July 4th, wondering if on the 4th, will the view at YC suffice or should we get over to Epcot to find a spot?
    If you don't want to enter Epcot, there is a good viewing point (for the higher fireworks) on the bridge that's between the BC and the Boardwalk. Most of the special ending to the fireworks can be seen from this vantage point. Of course, if you want to see all of the show, there is nothing like watching from Epcot. When watching from inside the park, the special ending of the show is so loud that you can feel the vibrations!

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    viewstraightoutfromroom_zpsb22e009e.JPG

9_zps48952920.JPG

This was the view from a second floor garden view room, a rather typical garden view. The villas building is to the left of the second picture.

I've booked a garden view room with two queen beds at the Beach Club. I've been looking at older threads to try to figure out the best rooms to request, but many of the older threads are missing the photos since the various photo sites don't keep the photos up forever.

That said, can anyone here give me advice on the best rooms to request? I see a couple suggestions on touringplans. One garden view over there even shows the lake to the left. Would that mean that fireworks would be visible?
    Most of the garden view rooms face the woods between the BC and Epcot. It isn't much of a view but there is a good chance you will see the higher fireworks from those rooms. There is also a 100% guarantee that you will hear the fireworks from those garden view rooms. ;)

There are some garden view rooms that face the volleyball court and those are the rooms that could have a sideways view of Crescent Lake. They are also closer to the lobby than most of the other garden view rooms. You could always request a room overlooking the volleyball court, but there are only a few of those rooms, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Only some of the rooms at the YC have a fireworks view. You could make that a request, though it isn't guaranteed.

We were at the BC last 4th of July and went into Epcot to see the fireworks about 30 minutes before they went off. The special 4th of July ending has a great, big, water level explosion that is well worth it to see. So if you have a ticket, I would definitely make a point of seeing these fireworks. :)

Last edited:

Miked0292

Mouseketeer
    Alright the liqour license
    It has to do with liquor license laws. Epcot has a liquor license. The resorts and restaurants have their own licenses. Since the Boardwalk area falls under the "resort" category, you can walk around there with alcoholic beverages purchased around the area. But, alcohol purchased in Epcot must be consumed within the park itself, which is why you can't leave Epcot with an unfinished drink.

That makes alot more sense, I always knew I could enter or exit with a drink and I have done the dumping into like a paper drink cup like you get when getting a pop or what ever , but my sister who is a CM just always told me if a on duty cm sees you walking around with that they will tell you to dump it, and to be clear I will never board any mode of transportation with booze, just when walking from one park to another or around the lagoon there.

ALegrande

Mouseketeer
    Can anyone be brutally honest with how small the chances are of getting a beach club “water/lagoon view” room with a view of the lake and with a full balcony? Am considering booking for my honeymoon but am nervous that it will be difficult to get these requests met :(
    We recently stayed at YC and had very specific room requests for our wedding. I was a crazy person about them and faxed our request, called the resort directly, and had it noted on our reservation when booking what our requests were. Surprisingly, we got everything we asked for! You just have to be diligent and use all the routes possible to request what you'd like. Definitely let them know its for your anniversary, too. YC was amazing to work with, and I'm sure BC would be the same! Good luck!

• DevonsDisneyMom

DIS Veteran
    So quick question for those that drive to the BC. I am renting a car and driving from MCO to BC for the first time so that I can do some shopping prior to checking in. My question is tolls!!! I want to make sure I have the correct change. Anyone have any idea what it will cost? Seems like the GPS will take me on 417. Appreciate any help!

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    So quick question for those that drive to the BC. I am renting a car and driving from MCO to BC for the first time so that I can do some shopping prior to checking in. My question is tolls!!! I want to make sure I have the correct change. Anyone have any idea what it will cost? Seems like the GPS will take me on 417. Appreciate any help!
    There is a toll calculator tool that might help.

https://www.cfxway.com/for-travelers/#

Also, there are warnings that exit 3 is an unmanned toll location; it's been suggested to use exit 6, if a manned toll station is preferred.

oskee2004

Earning My Ears
    We are getting ready for a trip at the end of the month - staying at BCV (2 bedroom). I've seen lots of info on room requests and "views" but I don't see any of those options on the early check in page from Disney. How do you request a particular view (i.e. woods view or epcot view)?

Ninja Mom

Attention People of Earth, I come in Peace...
    One of my very favorite resort tips is this one (which lives on Page 1, Post 14- Other Useful Info):

How Do I Keep My Grey Goose Slushie from Sloshing out of the Flimsy Cup They Gave Me?

About the only problem with the Grey Goose Slushie is that it is sold in a very flimsy martini glass. I find that as I drained more and more slushie, I was surprisingly more and more likely to tip over the cup while booking across the World Showcase trying to balance the cup and also snap pictures while walking. There must be a better way!

Very important tip from pixarmom: Use your refillable mug for the slushie. Pop on the lid. Insert straw. Enjoy!

*Need to re-insert Pictures*

A refillable mug provides a 'stealth' container so you can travel with it out of the parks and back to the Beach/Yacht club. Florida has a "No open container of alcohol" law so if Cast Members see you coming toward the exit of EPCOT with what's obviously a slushie or other alcoholic drink they will tell you to finish it or dump it.

~So take a container or chug the remainder!~

:drinking1
    Oh I see how it is... I'm still reading this thread ya know Dee! :P

Use a container, namely your refillable mug, and then you can ride Spaceship Earth and leisurely sip your Margarita or Grey Goose slushie (if it lasts all the way past Mexico). Take it from me, Spaceship Earth is way more interesting if seen while sipping an alcoholic beverage.

So here's another helpful tip that I hardly ever see mentioned anywhere. If you are using a gift card (and we especially love to use our Disney gift cards at WDW!) Cut off the sticky part of a post it note and place it on the card. Then you have a place to write the remaining balance on those gift cards. This Post it note sticky strip tip works for ANY gift card.

On your Disney purchase receipt you will find the remaining balance from the Disney Gift card that was used to make that purchase.

If you are using an outside gift card Disney will not have the ability to put remaining balances on the receipt so you will have to subtract the purchase amount as you go along.

So there ya go. Another helpful tip from yours truly.

Smoochies,
    ~Ninja Mom

• Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    We are getting ready for a trip at the end of the month - staying at BCV (2 bedroom). I've seen lots of info on room requests and "views" but I don't see any of those options on the early check in page from Disney. How do you request a particular view (i.e. woods view or epcot view)?
    You have to call reservations to have the requests added to your reservation. If you booked your BCV using points, then you would contact whoever you rented the points from in order to add the request. :)

YYC-Rob

Earning My Ears
    Hey all,

We ended up switching to YC from BC with the free dining offer. BC only had lagoon/pool view which cost too much for us (view isnt important to us). We ended up with a killer offer for GV at YC that was the same price(??) as the BC SV offer I had reserved back before rates increased.

@natebenma Could you motify our dates please? We will be there Aug 25-Sept 8 this year :)

We are looking forward to the newly renovated rooms and the balcony. We also have good ADRs around the resort. My wife and children have never been to WDW. Gramma and I were there in 2001. Never dreamt we would be able to stay at a deluxe with a deluxe dining plan :) We also got tickets to MNSSHP and DAH. I literally tear up with excitement when I think about it. :)

4disneygenerations

Mouseketeer
    So I went on that other site that shows room numbers and some views. I know the BC does not have full balconies in all rooms, but when I put in BC CL garden view full balcony, it only shows 8 or 9 rooms and they all come up with a full balcony. I tried the same with small balcony and it shows none for BC CL GV. Does anyone know if this is reliable information? I would really like a full balcony. We do tend to sit outside in the mornings with our tea and coffee. Thanks for any help

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    The Touring Plans rooms are known to not be totally correct so I don’t consider it reliable. I also avoid making specific room number requests since that exact room is likely not available and then the room assigner doesn’t know WHY you wanted that room.
    I would call reservations and request “large balcony please” as your first and only request.

dansdad

DIS Veteran
    So I went on that other site that shows room numbers and some views. I know the BC does not have full balconies in all rooms, but when I put in BC CL garden view full balcony, it only shows 8 or 9 rooms and they all come up with a full balcony. I tried the same with small balcony and it shows none for BC CL GV. Does anyone know if this is reliable information?
    It is not.

Nicnic

DIS Veteran
    Just spoke to Disney as we have an illuminations cruise booked during the bridge closure. They confirmed that the cruise will still go, just not up to HS and back.

To cruise round the lake for an hour is not ideal. We struggled to fit an hour in last year and that was going to HS and back. Don't know if we should cancel and look for something else. Its a bit late tho as all our plans are set.
    :confused3

JoanneAZ

Mouseketeer
    I just returned from a week at the Beach Club on April 24th. I was in room 2623 which is right above the Marketplace, it’s classified as a water/lagoon view room. If you go up the staircase from the lobby that goes above the Marketplace, the room is the first one on the right. The room has 2 double beds (I sleep on a queen and these were too short and narrow to be a queen), there was no day bed or sleeper chair. No ceiling fan but I was able to set the thermostat down to 65 so I slept pretty well. The mattresses were very very soft, I tried both sides of both mattresses and sank into both. There is a full balcony. There is a courtyard kind of around the corner to the right (which was being painted), looking straight ahead all you can see is grass and trees going down to the boardwalk. There is only a tiny sliver of water visible in the left lower corner above the boardwalk and this room should be classified as a garden view, IMO. I’m going to try to load some pictures, hopefully it’ll work.

image1 4.jpeg image1 5.jpeg image1 3.jpegimage1 2.jpegimage1.jpeg

michael730

Mike M
    We recently stayed at YC and had very specific room requests for our wedding. I was a crazy person about them and faxed our request, called the resort directly, and had it noted on our reservation when booking what our requests were. Surprisingly, we got everything we asked for! You just have to be diligent and use all the routes possible to request what you'd like. Definitely let them know its for your anniversary, too. YC was amazing to work with, and I'm sure BC would be the same! Good luck!
    That’s good to know! Maybe I’ll try my luck and do what you said! Thanks!:)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS